Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Shimrra']Details details, is it official or 3rd party?[/QUOTE]

Official. Marked down from $40 to $12 (on top of another clearance sticker so been there a bit i guess)

Also saw some 3rd party wireless for $12, but left that.

My local Target Stores DRIED. No game & have few small skylanders giants pack $30 at blue springs, No game but have few Skylanders start Pack for $35 for PS3/360) Lees Summit. Few Finding Nemo for 3DS $10, few Small Skylanders Giants Pack $30 at Independence, Missouri. If you looking for clearance games & new Scarlet Giant figure go find else where. Don't wast your gas! :)

[quote name='mrclutch']Did anyone see if the ps3 bluetooth headset dropped below 19.98 yet?[/QUOTE]

Still $19.98 at my store also as of 9:00 this morning.

Saw a pretty good 40" LED Samsung TV for about $340. Only other things I saw was RE:Revelations for 10, Asura's Wrath PS3 for 15 and a Camo Bluetooth Headset for PS3 for 20. Hopefully some better finds at the other stores.

[quote name='scottman']Battleship PS3 finally dropped to $8.98 for me. Passed on a pile of $4 shaun white.[/QUOTE]

I hope you didn't buy Battleship :D

So I too was able to get my hands on a clearanced copy of Resident
Evil Revelations for $9.98, and just curious as to whether or not everyone else's came in the non Y-fold, shrink-wrapped packaging. What's the deal with these games...are they returns??? I can't confirm if the product registration code inside works or not because I've Platinumed my Nintendo membership for the year, so I'd rather wait to register during the next cycle after I've claimed my "prize". But yeah, generally a claimed registration card (and I've read plenty of horror stories about this on these boards) is a good indicator of having had purchased a used game as new, so I was just curious. Any input guys?

[quote name='BadBoy787512']So I too was able to get my hands on a clearanced copy of Resident
Evil Revelations for $9.98, and just curious as to whether or not everyone else's came in the non Y-fold, shrink-wrapped packaging. What's the deal with these games...are they returns??? I can't confirm if the product registration code inside works or not because I've Platinumed my Nintendo membership for the year, so I'd rather wait to register during the next cycle after I've claimed my "prize". But yeah, generally a claimed registration card (and I've read plenty of horror stories about this on these boards) is a good indicator of having had purchased a used game as new, so I was just curious. Any input guys?[/QUOTE]

The newer printed versions (that correct the misspelling) aren't y-fold (there is a seam running along the edge instead). Those are factory sealed copies, and they are fine. I've seen first run copies (with the misspeling) with the y-folds. Basically, dont' worry about it, as not all factory sealed 3ds games have y-folds. Off the top of my head, another 3ds game that I've never seen with y folds is Resident Evil Mercenaries.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bruceg']The newer printed versions (that correct the misspelling) aren't y-fold (there is a seam running along the edge instead). Those are factory sealed copies, and they are fine. I've seen first run copies (with the misspeling) with the y-folds. Basically, dont' worry about it, as not all factory sealed 3ds games have y-folds. Off the top of my head, another 3ds game that I've never seen with y folds is Resident Evil Mercenaries.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, why are people so paranoid about this? Has there been a bunch of incidents in the past where reputable retail stores have sold opened copies of games that have been reshrinkwrapped? It sounds nuts to me, but maybe I missed whatever spawned it. I've never paid attention to how something is wrapped.

[quote name='handsomepete']Just curious, why are people so paranoid about this? Has there been a bunch of incidents in the past where reputable retail stores have sold opened copies of games that have been reshrinkwrapped? It sounds nuts to me, but maybe I missed whatever spawned it. I've never paid attention to how something is wrapped.[/QUOTE]

I've read of instances on CAG where people have opened up shrink-wrapped copies of the game from retailers to find that either a) the fucking game card itself was missing or b) the registration card for the game had already been redeemed, so...yes...

My RE M looked like it was rewrapped, and only had an instruction booklet/game, was there anything else that normally came with it? Club nintendo code?

[quote name='BadBoy787512']I've read of instances on CAG where people have opened up shrink-wrapped copies of the game from retailers to find that either a) the fucking game card itself was missing or b) the registration card for the game had already been redeemed, so...yes...[/QUOTE]

I've never seen that in a Y-fold packaged game that wasn't clearly tampered with though. That sort of repackaging is well beyond what a store is capable of and you would be lucky to see most employees pull off a competent shrink wrap job. That and now a days retailers just ship the opened, and what few opened returns, they get back to the vendor and don't lose anything from their bottom line so I doubt anyone's eager to repackage opened games as new to fool you.

Hmmm... I received Green Lantern and MJ Experience rewrapped from Amazon. Both 3DS. Both have the vacuum seal wrap like Target's(and whoever else's) RE:R. Both are 'new'.

[quote name='HyperG']My RE M looked like it was rewrapped, and only had an instruction booklet/game, was there anything else that normally came with it? Club nintendo code?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there should have been a Club Nintendo code in there.

[quote name='hashiriya1']Picked up two Vita games, Modnation Racers and Call of Duty for $5.98 at the Cupertino, CA Target.[/QUOTE]

Let me know if you would be willing to sell those!

[quote name='TheHelix']I hope you didn't buy Battleship :D[/QUOTE]

I did! I saw the bad reviews, but I also saw a few decent ones and the good parts seemed like something I would like. But at this point of my backlog, I am only buying for the shiny pictures anyway, so maybe my grandchildren will play it.

Seen the LBP Move Bundle for $39.98 at my store. The move sharp shooter was $11.98. Turtle beach headset was $19.98 (wired, for 360). Same Skylander stuff, and none of it has dropped in price. None of the stuff interested me. Also seen (3) Left 4 Dead game of the year edition for $13.98 for xbox 360.

Found some sony mini dv tapes for $7.58 (bought 2, left one hidden in the store) , bought about 5 packs of 6 for $12.98 the other day. Is it possible somehow for me to get the price adjusted? Employees said no, but I'm thinking about taking at least 3 back to the store and waiting a day to see if they restock with the lower sticker prices. Not going to be concerned too much just wondering if anyone has experienced a few days difference like this before.

[quote name='HyperG']Seen the LBP Move Bundle for $39.98 at my store. The move sharp shooter was $11.98. Turtle beach headset was $19.98 (wired, for 360). Same Skylander stuff, and none of it has dropped in price. None of the stuff interested me. Also seen (3) Left 4 Dead game of the year edition for $13.98 for xbox 360.

Found some sony mini dv tapes for $7.58 (bought 2, left one hidden in the store) , bought about 5 packs of 6 for $12.98 the other day. Is it possible somehow for me to get the price adjusted? Employees said no, but I'm thinking about taking at least 3 back to the store and waiting a day to see if they restock with the lower sticker prices. Not going to be concerned too much just wondering if anyone has experienced a few days difference like this before.[/QUOTE]

Just return using your old receipt. Ive been doing this with some other clearance items recently without any issue.

Also saw the Move sharpshooters for $11.98, but didnt pick any up. Revelations was still $9.98 and Mercenaries $14.98.

[quote name='GTCrash']70% Price Drop items at my local Target:

:ps3: Goldeneye Move Bundle $44.98
:ps3: LBP Move Bundle $39.98
:ps3: Move Sharpshooter peripheral $11.98
Vita 4GB memory card $5.98
Vita 8GB memory card $8.98
Vita Lego Batman 2 DC Superheroes $5.98
:wii: Epic Mickey Paintbrush
:wii: Epic Mickey Remote[/QUOTE]

How much is the current price of Epic Mickey Paintbrush (I'm assuming you meant part 2 since you mentioned the remote as well)? I just bought it last week for $8.98 but still have the receipt & debating if I should keep it or not. Thanks!

Here is what I found today on runs, now I have to return one these using my other receipt for the price matched $30
20130521_204549.jpg

Heads up to anyone buying resident evil mercenaries. I was thinking of picking it up if I find it for 70% off, but reviews say you can't delete the one save file it allows. So once you play the game, you CAN'T start over. It's basically a one-play game and self-destruct cartridge. Surprised amazon lets you trade it in.

[quote name='hashiriya1']Picked up two Vita games, Modnation Racers and Call of Duty for $5.98 at the Cupertino, CA Target.[/QUOTE]

If you see another copy of Call of Duty, could you pick it up for me? I'll pay you price plus shipping.

:360:UFC Undisputed 3 $8.98
SharpShooter $11.9x
3DS Charging Armor $5.98
WiiU GamePad Cradle $5.98

[quote name='scottman']Heads up to anyone buying resident evil mercenaries. I was thinking of picking it up if I find it for 70% off, but reviews say you can't delete the one save file it allows. So once you play the game, you CAN'T start over. It's basically a one-play game and self-destruct cartridge. Surprised amazon lets you trade it in.[/QUOTE]

That's a mess!:whistle2:#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2BcEIRIw3o

[quote name='scottman']Heads up to anyone buying resident evil mercenaries. I was thinking of picking it up if I find it for 70% off, but reviews say you can't delete the one save file it allows. So once you play the game, you CAN'T start over. It's basically a one-play game and self-destruct cartridge. Surprised amazon lets you trade it in.[/QUOTE]

That is so Capcom's M.O. but thought we had moved past that since we got to the DS. I'm still bitter about my GBA copy of SF Alpha 3 and using a cheat to unlock all the characters not knowing it was permanent.

Did you play mercenaries mode in RE4-6? It's basically a timed score attack thing. There's no need to start over, you play the stages as much as you want. The only thing the game is even saving is your scores/times and unlocks.

[quote name='VexxedCS']Did you play mercenaries mode in RE4-6? It's basically a timed score attack thing. There's no need to start over, you play the stages as much as you want. The only thing the game is even saving is your scores/times and unlocks.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I could see how it could be a problem if you're buying it used or getting a copy from someone and want a fresh start/profile. If you're buying it new to play yourself, though, I don't see why you'd want to delete your unlocked levels and progress/upgrades/scores and start over from scratch.

[quote name='VexxedCS']Did you play mercenaries mode in RE4-6? It's basically a timed score attack thing. There's no need to start over, you play the stages as much as you want. The only thing the game is even saving is your scores/times and unlocks.[/QUOTE]

I just read more reviews, and it seems I fell for some of the anti-capcom ones. It's like you said and not a "can't play" anymore type of thing, just can't undo unlocks. Those reviews all got upvoted on amazon and are the first you see.

Technically you can play the stages in Mario 64 as much as you want even after collecting all the stars, but it's not as fun collecting them when you aren't seeing your progress from scratch.

Even classic arcade cabinets, which are the epitome of score attack games, let you reset the scores on the machine.

That being said, the digital version of the game is 19.99 on the eShop and has the option to delete save data unlike the cart. Alternatively, you could always use the save data transfer tool on the 3DS on a digital copy to wipe the cart if you ever want to clear the data in the future.

Any of you guys still finding Dream Drop Distance clearanced? I was able to jump on Best Buy's Daily Deal for the game a few days ago, but just got an email saying it's backordered now...:censored:. Trying to explore some other options.

:360: Sniper 2: Ghost Warrior $11.98 [207 22 0932]

Also found a copy of Resident Evil Revelation hiding behind some Transformers games. Still at $13.98 so gonna wait on it.

picked up 2x lbp move bundles for $39...also scored a logitech z623 thx 2.1 system for $41 on clearance =D very happy day.

are the move bundles worth it even at the low cost of 39, are there enough good games to justify 80?

Found a copy of RE:M at local target marked @$14.98 so I picked it up even though it looked shrink wrapped. Hoping it has a club Nintendo code in it.

Edit: and no code. Possible it was re-sealed but I'm just glad it had the game in it.

[quote name='gameboy280']picked up 2x lbp move bundles for $39...also scored a logitech z623 thx 2.1 system for $41 on clearance =D very happy day.

are the move bundles worth it even at the low cost of 39, are there enough good games to justify 80?[/QUOTE]

If you end up not wanting to keep both, I'll gladly take one off your hands. ;)

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Found a copy of RE:M at local target marked @$14.98 so I picked it up even though it looked shrink wrapped. Hoping it has a club Nintendo code in it.

Edit: and no code. Possible it was re-sealed but I'm just glad it had the game in it.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that game comes with one?

[quote name='Toss']Are you sure that game comes with one?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe it does, my understanding was that only the eShop version gives you a Club Nintendo code.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Ah was only going from what a cag posted earlier.[/QUOTE]

No worries, I just looked it up on Club Nintendo to verify. It only has the download version listed for points, so unfortunately the physical retail edition won't have a code inside.

"Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (Download Version) - 40 Points"

Here is a link to Club Nintendo eligible product list for any future references:

https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do

Hope this helps!

Not to go off-topic, but is there some super-awesome perks if you register so many Nintendo Club points? I see tons of posts with people talking about buying games just for the points. Are they really that worth accruing? :confused:

[quote name='enigma']Not to go off-topic, but is there some super-awesome perks if you register so many Nintendo Club points? I see tons of posts with people talking about buying games just for the points. Are they really that worth accruing? :confused:[/QUOTE]

You can exchange them for swag or downloadable games. In addition, every year Nintendo gives out exclusive gifts to people who reach Gold or Platinum tiers. See:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341132

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back