Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='enigma']Not to go off-topic, but is there some super-awesome perks if you register so many Nintendo Club points? I see tons of posts with people talking about buying games just for the points. Are they really that worth accruing? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Well, there are rewards you can trade the points in for.

Also, in June/July, if you get enough points, you get elite status and get a free game. Last year I got gold status and got "mario vs donkey kong minis march again" for free. Reached Platinum this year, wonder what they'll have available.

Rewards from 2012(you only get to choose one)

Gold(300pts):

• 2013 Desktop Calendar
  • Mario vs Donkey Kong: Minis March Again game download
  • Metroid II - Return of Samus game download
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask game download
  • Super Mario Kart game download

Platinum(600pts):
  • Mario Playing Cards
  • Limited Edition Poster Set (Kid Icarus: Uprising, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
  • 2013 Desktop Calendar
  • Mario vs Donkey Kong: Minis March Again game download
  • Metroid II - Return of Samus game download
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask game download
  • Super Mario Kart game download

Stopped by a random Target on the way home today to see if they had Pet Zombies for $5.98, sadly they didn't.

I did however find the following two things:

:3ds: Finding Nemo: Escape to the BIG blue - $9.98
SanDisk Ultra 8 GB Class 10 SDHC Card - $5.98

Checked 2 other stores hoping for some Vita memory cards. They didn't have much, but I did pick up Modnation Racers for vita for 6 bucks.

I guess being a scumbag finally paid off!

Two weeks ago i found

*Infamous Controller Bunlde--$41.98 Marked From $59.99
*(2) MLB White PS3 Controllers--$38.98 Marked From $54.99
*Vita 32GB Memory Card--$69.98 Marked from $99.99

Hid them in a secret location, and
came back two weeks later... :cool:

*Infamous Controller Bundle--$29.98 :whistle2:#
*MLB White PS3 Controllers--$16.98 each :drool:
*32GB Vita Memory Card--$29.98 :hot:

HUGE SCORE!!

I love you target :applause:

Flame shield on :booty:!

My target had about 15 copies of cooking mama 3ds for $5.98. only thing of interest was a circo twin bed for $100. Waiting for the hello kitty clothes to drop to 50% off...

[quote name='doc_j88']I guess being a scumbag finally paid off!

Two weeks ago i found

*Infamous Controller Bunlde--$41.98 Marked From $59.99
*(2) MLB White PS3 Controllers--$38.98 Marked From $54.99
*Vita 32GB Memory Card--$69.98 Marked from $99.99

Hid them in a secret location, and
came back two weeks later... :cool:

*Infamous Controller Bundle--$29.98 :whistle2:#
*MLB White PS3 Controllers--$16.98 each :drool:
*32GB Vita Memory Card--$29.98 :hot:

HUGE SCORE!!

I love you target :applause:

Flame shield on :booty:!
[/QUOTE]

Don't worry the security cameras will get you eventually.

Man you guys are lucky finding a 32GB VITA memory card. I would be happy to just find one at the $68 price yet alone $29. I need one so bad just want one to be ~$75 not $100. :cry:

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Man you guys are lucky finding a 32GB VITA memory card. I would be happy to just find one at the $68 price yet alone $29. I need one so bad just want one to be ~$75 not $100. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Was definitely a lucky score. If I hadnt already sent mine in for a $70 trade to Amazon I'd sell you the one I bought.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Man you guys are lucky finding a 32GB VITA memory card. I would be happy to just find one at the $68 price yet alone $29. I need one so bad just want one to be ~$75 not $100. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I'll sell you mine. :bouncy:

[quote name='nsanchez1']Ugh I have struck out the past two weeks at target in the metro detroit area. Anyone in the area have better luck ?[/QUOTE]

Nope! Things are not dropping like they are in other areas and more troubling is that the clearance areas in the stores I consider most reliable have shrunk to half an end cap. Been to most of the stores in northern Wayne, southern Macomb and a few in Oakland county and only come away with RE:Revelations for $9.98.

$11.98 PS3 bluetooth headsets at both Targets I passed by today in Buffalo. I have no need for one, but heads up for the slight chance someone here does.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Nope! Things are not dropping like they are in other areas and more troubling is that the clearance areas in the stores I consider most reliable have shrunk to half an end cap. Been to most of the stores in northern Wayne, southern Macomb and a few in Oakland county and only come away with RE:Revelations for $9.98.[/QUOTE]
Same thing Canton and Dearborn Heights area. It's dry as a bone....and Go Blue! ;)

[quote name='nsanchez1']Ugh I have struck out the past two weeks at target in the metro detroit area. Anyone in the area have better luck ?[/QUOTE]

Been a LOT of good tagged shelf prices (for instance $11.98 castlevania 3ds, $23.98 Bioshock Infnite CE, and more) but someone keeps beating me or its a el horado. Got a few good deals, but waiting for this one Target who has 4 AC3 LE's to go on clearance for $37xx like others have reported

[quote name='TylerDurden313']Same thing Canton and Dearborn Heights area. It's dry as a bone....and Go Blue! ;)[/QUOTE]

Hell yea!!! GO BLUE BABY!!!

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Been a LOT of good tagged shelf prices (for instance $11.98 castlevania 3ds, $23.98 Bioshock Infnite CE, and more) but someone keeps beating me or its a el horado. Got a few good deals, but waiting for this one Target who has 4 AC3 LE's to go on clearance for $37xx like others have reported[/QUOTE]

i actually saw an AC3 LE at another Target I went to last weekend, but sadly tagged at $119.xx still. Gonna have to keep an eye on this one.

Metro Detroit Targets have been bone dry lately when it comes to clearance. Several are being remodeled, so I was expecting at least SOMETHING. I also suspected an EL HORDO, or someone working there snatching anything good.

I'm pretty sure there is a hoarder of some form since there were two stores I hit regularly that had about 16-20 of those 7" Philips players between them that were just gone two days later. Could be coincidental, maybe they hit $20 after I checked them and employees or some random person cleared them out, but seems to happen frequent enough.

If there is a hoarder among us I say to thee: come forward brother and reform thine evil ways. We shall forgive and accept thou back into the flock. We may decide as a group to beat ye with a sock of oranges but it shall be swift and merciful.

FINALLY FOUND IT! That is, the clearance section at my local Target. It was a few aisles away from the gaming section. It was sad to see though. They just throw stuff on there and marked them 30% off. They had 2 HDTV's up there (40in+) just barely hanging on. Any kid could have tipped it over.

Anyways, at I know where to find the deals now. Doubt my store will have anything good since there was only a router, the TV's, some 16GB memory sticks, etc.

No sir, theres a good target with good clearance on ford Rd in dearborn

Its where all the old people shop

P.S Kingdoms of amalur was going on clearance when i went there for 14.98

I need to figure out when my Target does clearance on this stuff. Both of the Bluetooth mics left were gone as of Monday. $12 woulda been a perfect price to snatch one up.

PS3 Bluetooth headsets are still $19.98 at mine (Greensburg) as of 45 minutes ago.

They changed what end cap clearance stuff is on though. There are now four unboxed clearance TVs on the old end cap.

[quote name='enigma']PS3 Bluetooth headsets are still $19.98 at mine (Greensburg) as of 45 minutes ago.

They changed what end cap clearance stuff is on though. There are now four unboxed clearance TVs on the old end cap.[/QUOTE]

ditto for st pete on tyrone blvd. they had one ps3 headset for 19.98 still. They put a couple of games with peg clips onto it to hang it from pegs since they put an unboxed tv on the shelf. They had Azuras Wrath 360 for 14.98 and both RE 3ds games (rev 9.98 and mercenaries 20.98)

[quote name='enigma']PS3 Bluetooth headsets are still $19.98 at mine (Greensburg) as of 45 minutes ago.

They changed what end cap clearance stuff is on though. There are now four unboxed clearance TVs on the old end cap.[/QUOTE]

That was the case for Irwin last night. I have to walk over there in a bit, so I'll check for any unlikely Friday changes.

[quote name='Rahori']No sir, theres a good target with good clearance on ford Rd in dearborn

Its where all the old people shop

P.S Kingdoms of amalur was going on clearance when i went there for 14.98[/QUOTE]

Figures, last time I was on that side of town that was the store I skipped figuring it would be the least likely to bear fruit.

Nah, i went there and they had a 16 Gb, a bunch of 4s and 8s gbs, a few move bundles, some ds games, ton of wii u stuff, idk the list goes on. I went there to look at it, i wasn't interested in any of the new clearance list but i still go just incase I find some CRAZY deal like a Wii U for 50 bucks... It could happen >_>

Went to my local target in san tan and found some pulse elites for 44.xx. picked up one for myself but there was still one left. Also saw lbp2 move bundles for 38.xx and various ds games at 5.98

[quote name='valo2027']Went to my local target in san tan and found some pulse elites for 44.xx. picked up one for myself but there was still one left. Also saw lbp2 move bundles for 38.xx and various ds games at 5.98[/QUOTE]

The wireless Pulse Elite 7.1 headphones? I'll totally pay for you to ship me the other set if you can still get it. :cool: ;)

I actually almost picked up a damaged box set at Walmart earlier today for $100. But $50 would be a no-brainer.

Picked up resident evil revelations for $5.98. (no misprint :( May get on pc, but too good to pass up if u want to take it portable on the go)
Also got epic mickey 2 brush controller wii thing for $8.98.

I was debating on RE:M for $8.98, but I could wait to see another drop.

There was 4 inside the lock display case, but the plastic had no y-fold. The other two was found on the shelf with other ds/3ds games. The two had y-fold and was in those lock up boxes. I choice the y-fold to ensure "new"

I remember seeing a dead space ce at BB and it was clearly opened. The associate took it to check the price for me, but when he got back, I notice it was sealed...(It look sealed like it was from the factory A line on top and bottom..) Another time long ado unreal tournment 3 was on sale for $19.99 at target. My friend went to get a nother copy since we had 3 xbox for system link. Anyway, the game look y-fold, he open and said, wtf? It had a blank cr-r inside the case. Target end up doing a exchange, but gave my friend a problem...

So i dont really trust games that are wrapped in plastic. If im buying new, then i be looking for the y-fold.

Local Target had 4 16 Gig vita cards for $17.98 and a bunch of 64 meg PS2 cards from some off brand for 7.98. Also had to grab Saints Row 2 for 19.99. I know not a bargain, but game is starting to get hard to find new and last SR I still got to play.

[quote name='chatgirl4']Found Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance - Nintendo 3DS on clearance for $10.08, marked as an online item :)[/QUOTE]

Seen that a few times "online item" at my store and have no clue what it is. Most of the time they are sold as is too.

[quote name='MRW2276']Seen that a few times "online item" at my store and have no clue what it is. Most of the time they are sold as is too.[/QUOTE]

I actually saw an english/spanish version of Cinderella marked "as is" for $8.56, didn't purchase it because I already have the gold version, also saw an "as is" Battleship the Video Game for $8.56 while back but passed on that as well.

I did however a few weeks back found an "as is" copy of How to Train Your Dragon 3D :br: for $8.56, didn't have the slip but I wasn't going to complain :)

[quote name='ratandjmt']Nothing in Grand Forks, ND but 15 copies of Shawn White[/QUOTE]
A ton of copies here too for $8, one store had at least 30.

I don't understand how clearance works, does Target send these to random stores or something?

Picked up another Rayman Origins for vita if anyone is still looking for it. I also found my hidden stash of the sony minidv tapes in the magazine rack, just proves nobody goes through the magazines (as I did it Monday this week), and loss prevention didn't spot me dropping it in there. Of course people these days are looking for sd cards, and compact flash. Left 4 Dead Game of the Year Edition for 360, was gone since someone thought 13.98 was a deal (to me it isn't since it's been out so long).

Finally picked up the pulse elites I've been stalking for 3 weeks for $44.98. I was surprised they lasted that long on clearance. Also picked an electric razor for $57.xx marked down from 229.

8 Wii U Mics, 1 Copy of RER, A buttload of 4GB Vita Cards, 4 Shaun White Games, A PS3 USB Hub, 5 Copies of Nemo DS, 2 PS3 Headsets, and One Random PC game

Target Clearance is never cool for me ;-;

[quote name='MRW2276']Seen that a few times "online item" at my store and have no clue what it is. Most of the time they are sold as is too.[/QUOTE]

I had the same question last week, and someone was nice enough to explain it to me a few pages back. While 'as-is' items are often online returns, he said that KH was a special exception. For some reason, when the associates scan that particular game with their handheld units, the UPC doesn't come up, so they are basically just left to make up a price. Oddly enough though, he said if that UPC is scanned at an actual register, it will come up full price.

I found 7 copies last week for $7.01, and I knew something had to be up; I can't imagine 7 online returns of that game in particular to one store. So some of you, like me, are basically just getting extremely lucky, as a result of a software glitch and benevolent markdown associates! ;)

Man I'm depressed. I saw tons of the 32GB vita cards for $30 or whatever it was and passed. Went back a day later and they are all gone... Didn't know how expensive those were :(

Now I just ordered a vita and realized it doesn't come with a card... Kicking myself big time.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Just return using your old receipt. Ive been doing this with some other clearance items recently without any issue.

Also saw the Move sharpshooters for $11.98, but didnt pick any up. Revelations was still $9.98 and Mercenaries $14.98.[/QUOTE]
Asked customer service at my store, was told I couldn't get it adjusted.

[quote name='HyperG']Asked customer service at my store, was told I couldn't get it adjusted.[/QUOTE]

I think what he was saying is that he bought a second item then used the old receipt to return the new item.

[quote name='amusedtoe']I think what he was saying is that he bought a second item then used the old receipt to return the new item.[/QUOTE]

thats correct.

[quote name='offensive_jerk']Man I'm depressed. I saw tons of the 32GB vita cards for $30 or whatever it was and passed. Went back a day later and they are all gone... Didn't know how expensive those were :(

Now I just ordered a vita and realized it doesn't come with a card... Kicking myself big time.[/QUOTE]

Man that story has me depressed :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back