Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a bunch of Skylanders: Spyro Adventure Starter Kits for $17.99 and $20 as well. My friends picked up a few while I got some Portal Owners sets from Walmart with them.

I think I just found the target that clearance forgot. Chock full of stuff like SFxT CEs and the Blops Dualshock 3 bundles at full price.

Any fellow CAGs in the Tampa area? Is it me, or do all of our targets have absolutely NOTHING.
I haven't found anything interesting across the bay in St Pete lately. One store had a bunch of mod nations racers for the vita a few weeks ago but was hoping it would go cheaper but they got wiped out.

The last thing that was interesting was an "AS-IS" marked copy of DS Zelda Spirit Tracks for $5

I never really see anything good at the targets in the Metro Detroit area. I once saw Tales of the Abyss 3ds on one the endcaps. Scanned it and it was full price. Other than that, it's overpriced syphon filter psp dual packs and etc.
Yeah, they've dried up pretty bad the last few weeks. Someone seems to have hoovered up all the stuff that a lot of us were waiting to catch up to other regions clearance soon as it dropped. Boy let me tell you about tonight though. Went to the store at Square Lake and Telegraph which was a trip unto itself, the store itself is on the second story above the lot and has escalators just for the carts...

Anyway, this store is the ultimate honey hole... or at least it should be. There is a whole freaking end cap packed with games and I mean packed, like two rows deep. Not just the normal crummy shovelware you see most of the time, genuinely good games that you just don't see in stores new anymore... every one of which scanned for full original retail price and was otherwise unmarked. Oh, it was so painful scanning the games, especially after the header on the end cap promised that they were discount games. Really a shame like you wouldn't believe.

They did have a couple copies of Shaun White Skateboarding for $5, as well as the 2012 baseball games though if anyone in that area was looking for them.
I just passed by that Target earlier! I've never been inside, but it definitely looks very fancy. xD I was at one a couple weeks ago... I think it's on Dequindre or John R... one of those roads. It has those giant red balls in the front and glitter sidewalk. It was the exact same experience there. They had a whole shelf of older games you wouldn't find new nowadays and they were all marked at full retail price or $19.99. Quite disappointing. Oh well... at least Target has those "pricematch + $20 for buying a reservation card" deal you can take advantage of, occasionally.

I found the motherlode at La Habra, CA store on Imperial.  I talked to the electronics guy who said they had been holding this stuff in back forever.  Their actions appear to be a YMMV.  The prices on the stuff I scanned were in the $7-$20 range.

6w2SgmZ.jpg

I found the motherlode at La Habra, CA store on Imperial. I talked to the electronics guy who said they had been holding this stuff in back forever. Their actions appear to be a YMMV. The prices on the stuff I scanned were in the $7-$20 range.

6w2SgmZ.jpg

Awesome find. Animal crossing regular versions and that kid icarus game would have been an great pickup.

I found the motherlode at La Habra, CA store on Imperial. I talked to the electronics guy who said they had been holding this stuff in back forever. Their actions appear to be a YMMV. The prices on the stuff I scanned were in the $7-$20 range.

6w2SgmZ.jpg
...I need to change my pants now.

6w2SgmZ.jpg
That is so unreal...I haven't seen our Target have this many games like your picture on clearance since three or four years ago. Makes me want to cry...lol...

6w2SgmZ.jpg

Thanks for the heads up I'm in the store right now. Currently scanning through the selection..

6w2SgmZ.jpg
That is so unreal...I haven't seen our Target have this many games like your picture on clearance since three or four years ago. Makes me want to cry...lol...
Reminds me of some CA Target back in like 07/08 that had an end cap full of nothing but Crackdown 1.
Anyone want a Xbox 360 S Bundle for $209.96?

All marked "As-Is""
They looked to be NIB
Saw a total of 6 bundles.

N50pqYF.jpg

9Ufaz81.jpg

Also saw these cards for PSP Games. I was hoping they were PSN credit but I think they are game vouchers.

nTzq5nM.jpg
If you have a 50% trade in coupon from renewing GS Powerup and are willing to sell the game and download code seperately, you could turn that into Amazon credit at GS although I don't think it would be worth it as it would be just a little over a direct flip. I think you could get $20 for the Skyrim code on EBay and probably about $10-$15 for the game on EBay.

Scanned most of the games but skipped a few.. Animal Crossing: City Folk took up the most space- about 50 copies..

:360:
Indiana Jones 2 The Adventure Continues 9.99
Let's Cheer 9.99
Generator Rex 14.99
Twister Mania 9.99
My Sims Sky Heroes 14.99
Rock Band 3 9.99
Men In Black: Alien Crisis 14.99
Binary Domain 9.99
Dark Souls 9.99
Rise of Nightmare 9.99
Kinectimals 19.99
Crackdown 2 9.99
F1: 2011 19.99

:ps3:
The Sims 3 9.99
Bioshock 2 9.99
Grand Slam Tennis 2 14.99
PS Move Heroes 9.99

:psp:
SOCOM U.S Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 9.99
Gran Turismo 9.99
Smack Down VS RAW 2011 9.99
Pirates of the Caribbean 9.99
God of War: Ghost of Sparta 9.99

:psp: Two Packs:
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror + SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 7.49
Secret Agent Clank + Daxter 7.49
Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow + Killzone Liberation 7.49

:ds:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized 14.99
Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of the Starry Skies 17.49
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands 5.00
Green Lantern: Rise of The Manhunters 9.99
Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir 19.99
Fossil Fighters Champions 14.99
iCarly: Groovy Foodie! 9.99
iCarly 2: iJoin the Click! 9.99
DaGeDar 7.49
Gogos Crazy Bones 7.49
The Sorcerer's Apprentice 9.99
Zoobles 14.99
Squinkies 2 Adventure Mall Surprize! 9.99
Garfield Gets Real 4.99

Two Packs :ds: games:
Alpha & Omega + Cats and Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore 14.99
Gummy Bears: Mini Golf + Looney Toons: Duck Amuck 14.99
Beyblade Metal Masters 17.49
Victorious Hollywood Arts Debut 19.99
Victorious Taking the Lead 14.99
Spongebob Atlantis Squarepantis with case 9.99

:3ds:
Kid Icarus 19.99
Funky Barn 3D 14.99
Pacman Party 3D 14.99
The Adventure of Tintin: The Game 19.99

Only thing I got was Final Fantasy XIII 9.99, Animal Crossing: City Folk 9.99, and a Wii Sensor Bar 2.66.

6w2SgmZ.jpg
Reminds me of some CA Target back in like 07/08 that had an end cap full of nothing but Crackdown 1.
Anyone want a Xbox 360 S Bundle for $209.96?

All marked "As-Is""
They looked to be NIB
Saw a total of 6 bundles.

N50pqYF.jpg

9Ufaz81.jpg

Also saw these cards for PSP Games. I was hoping they were PSN credit but I think they are game vouchers.

nTzq5nM.jpg
If you have a 50% trade in coupon from renewing GS Powerup and are willing to sell the game and download code seperately, you could turn that into Amazon credit at GS although I don't think it would be worth it as it would be just a little over a direct flip. I think you could get $20 for the Skyrim code on EBay and probably about $10-$15 for the game on EBay.
I already have a 360 so the console is useless to me.

Also for any hunters that are looking to grab this.

Store location was in West Covina, CA

Went into the local Target today to see what they may have left and found 10 copies of Halo 4 LE for $7.56; marked "as is" so it's super ymmv. Just thought I would give the heads up.

Local target is where? Be more specific, lol.

Anyway, I haven't seen a single Halo 4 LE at any of the targets I frequent.

Victor, Penfield, Webster, and Henrietta. (NY)

I bought the Skylanders Starter Park (original game) for PS3 for $11.98. It was $20.98 and then with the $10 off a game $39.99 or more with a $1 pre-order for a game since the original price of the starter park was $69.99. It was funny taking the pre-order card to the register though. I went to a regular register and the cashier thought it was a gift card and didn't understand how the pre-order worked and asked me if I have to go to Gamestop to pick up the game I just reserved (this was after I explained what the $1 price was just to pre-order). I have been waiting to get it for under $20 for a while so the $20.98 price would have been good enough but the extra $9 off was nice to get too. I also saw some Skylanders Giants Portal Owners Pack for $17.98 so they would be $8.98 after a pre-order for $1.

I bought the Skylanders Starter Park (original game) for PS3 for $11.98. It was $20.98 and then with the $10 off a game $39.99 or more with a $1 pre-order for a game since the original price of the starter park was $69.99. It was funny taking the pre-order card to the register though. I went to a regular register and the cashier thought it was a gift card and didn't understand how the pre-order worked and asked me if I have to go to Gamestop to pick up the game I just reserved (this was after I explained what the $1 price was just to pre-order). I have been waiting to get it for under $20 for a while so the $20.98 price would have been good enough but the extra $9 off was nice to get too. I also saw some Skylanders Giants Portal Owners Pack for $17.98 so they would be $8.98 after a pre-order for $1.
Interesting, shocked that it worked especially with clearance. Wonder if that means you could PM and stack the discount again.

I never really see anything good at the targets in the Metro Detroit area. I once saw Tales of the Abyss 3ds on one the endcaps. Scanned it and it was full price. Other than that, it's overpriced syphon filter psp dual packs and etc.
Yeah, they've dried up pretty bad the last few weeks. Someone seems to have hoovered up all the stuff that a lot of us were waiting to catch up to other regions clearance soon as it dropped. Boy let me tell you about tonight though. Went to the store at Square Lake and Telegraph which was a trip unto itself, the store itself is on the second story above the lot and has escalators just for the carts...

Anyway, this store is the ultimate honey hole... or at least it should be. There is a whole freaking end cap packed with games and I mean packed, like two rows deep. Not just the normal crummy shovelware you see most of the time, genuinely good games that you just don't see in stores new anymore... every one of which scanned for full original retail price and was otherwise unmarked. Oh, it was so painful scanning the games, especially after the header on the end cap promised that they were discount games. Really a shame like you wouldn't believe.

They did have a couple copies of Shaun White Skateboarding for $5, as well as the 2012 baseball games though if anyone in that area was looking for them.
I just passed by that Target earlier! I've never been inside, but it definitely looks very fancy. xD I was at one a couple weeks ago... I think it's on Dequindre or John R... one of those roads. It has those giant red balls in the front and glitter sidewalk. It was the exact same experience there. They had a whole shelf of older games you wouldn't find new nowadays and they were all marked at full retail price or $19.99. Quite disappointing. Oh well... at least Target has those "pricematch + $20 for buying a reservation card" deal you can take advantage of, occasionally.
That would be the Dequindre one. They NEVER discount any games at that store, for whatever reason. It infuriates me to no end.

I believe the planets have to align properly for the Target in Rego Park because I rarely find any deals. All there games are in those plastic cases that you need someone to unlock and buy.

That was a really good deal. I didn't even think of doing that when I picked up mine. But if it works when you price match and reserve a game, it would naturally work on a clearance item as well.

I picked up a Skylander Spyro starter pack for 360 for $20.99.  Found one Skylander Spyro figure, clearanced for $2.80 and bought that as well.

Went to another Target and they had no starter packs, but they had the single Spryo figures and the Spyro 3-packs.  Scanned them and they rang up full price.  I'll have to keep an eye on that store.

Saw an Afterglow Wii U controller for $10.98 but passed after checking reviews.

Saw a lot of Motorola 70% off digital picture frames.

La Habra store on imperial? Just checked google maps and don't see any targets out there in la Habra on the imperial highway.
Google maps must be outdate then, the La Habra Target has been open about 5 years now. It is on Imperial Highway, the next cross street is on Idaho, just below. If you are familiar with the area, its right after a Walmart store on the corner of Beach Blvd., going behind there is Kohls and then TJ Maxx, and then Target.

Scanned most of the games but skipped a few.. Animal Crossing: City Folk took up the most space- about 50 copies..

:360:
Indiana Jones 2 The Adventure Continues 9.99
Let's Cheer 9.99
Generator Rex 14.99
Twister Mania 9.99
My Sims Sky Heroes 14.99
Rock Band 3 9.99
Men In Black: Alien Crisis 14.99
Binary Domain 9.99
Dark Souls 9.99
Rise of Nightmare 9.99
Kinectimals 19.99
Crackdown 2 9.99
F1: 2011 19.99

(trimmed for length because I can't find the dang spoiler tag in this new CAG 3.0)
Target clearance prices end with an 8. All these prices at 9.99 are just price drops, not clearance. Thus, they won't continue to drop thru the 30%, 50%, 70% cycles.

Target in Irwin, PA has TomTom 1505M GPS units (with Lifetime Maps) on clearance for $42.54 each. There's still three left as of the posting of this. They also have a few 1500s for $40.24. :)

Target in Irwin, PA has TomTom 1505M GPS units (with Lifetime Maps) on clearance for $42.54 each. There's still three left as of the posting of this. They also have a few 1500s for $40.24. :)
Tempting, even though my Galaxy Note pretty much makes GPS units obsolete/unnecessary. Anything else good?

Batman Arkham City for xbox 360 - $8.98 - still seen about 30 of these on the shelve today even after me posting a photo of it a few days ago. My target is a little odd as it will place more clearance stuff by Friday, even though they say they price stuff on Mondays. Found more digital photo frames by motorola as well which weren't out a few days ago.

Tempting, even though my Galaxy Note pretty much makes GPS units obsolete/unnecessary. Anything else good?
The PS3 USB hub finally dropped to $8.98. I picked one of those up. The girlfriend got me the last Skylanders Starter Pack from Greensburg earlier for about $20. That was about it, aside from a bunch of copies of two different PS3 baseball games (2012 editions).

I texted you while I was at the store to give you a heads-up. :razz:

The PS3 USB hub finally dropped to $8.98. I picked one of those up. The girlfriend got me the last Skylanders Starter Pack from Greensburg earlier for about $20. That was about it, aside from a bunch of copies of two different PS3 baseball games (2012 editions).

I texted you while I was at the store to give you a heads-up. :razz:
Damn! All the Skylander stuff was gone at Monroeville last week, and my fiance ran into the GB Target the other day and forgot to check the clearance stuff for me. I would've loved to pick up Skylanders for $20.

My phone has been MIA since this morning, so who knows who else has texted me. :lol:

I just saw some Xbox 360 Bundles on clearance. They were the bundle with Forza and Skyrim.

Also if anyone is feeling lucky, I got my local Target to sell me The Last of Us. They tried normally but it came up as 14th release date and they couldn't sell. I acted stupid and was like Tuesday is when games come out not the 14th. Employee agreed and confirmed to his manager that it did come out today. They ended up ringing it up as Bioshock Infinite and letting me on my way

Extremely, YMMV.

Nhw8yF3.jpg

I just saw some Xbox 360 Bundles on clearance. They were the bundle with Forza and Skyrim.

Also if anyone is feeling lucky, I got my local Target to sell me The Last of Us. They tried normally but it came up as 14th release date and they couldn't sell. I acted stupid and was like Tuesday is when games come out not the 14th. Employee agreed and confirmed to his manager that it did come out today. They ended up ringing it up as Bioshock Infinite and letting me on my way

Extremely, YMMV.

Nhw8yF3.jpg
I hate you, you lucky son of a bitch. ;)

Extremely, YMMV.

Nhw8yF3.jpg
I hate you, you lucky son of a bitch. ;)
Ditto haha oh stupid employees,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back