Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, wow. That's quite a glitch. I guess I should use mine soon before that's fixed. Thanks for sharing that info.
If they haven't fixed it in 3+ weeks, they're probably not going to.

In any event, even the text on the coupon has no mention of it discounting the least expensive item. I was shot down by a cashier when I went for an AC3 CE and I certainly don't blame her (seeing the price drop from $140 to $20 is suspicious).

If they haven't fixed it in 3+ weeks, they're probably not going to.

In any event, even the text on the coupon has no mention of it discounting the least expensive item. I was shot down by a cashier when I went for an AC3 CE and I certainly don't blame her (seeing the price drop from $140 to $20 is suspicious).
Haha.. well, I work there and I haven't even heard about this (and I guess it's because I haven't been following this thread as closely as I used to) .. but damn. Someone will report it to corporate at some point and it will get nuked.

I don't see how they can shoot you down, because it's their coupon. In my experience watching other people with things like this, as long as you play dumb or scream "I'm going to Walmart!!!1!11" they usually cave and give 'em what they want.

Should still be working,
I used mine last week on the $120 Assassin's Creed III Collectors's Edition.

Dead Island GOTY $20
Midway Arcade Origins $20
AC III CE free

The guy who rang me up was like 'whoa, I have to get myself one of those coupons '

Only problem was you can't just return the two $20 games, their return value was only $5 a piece. So I traded Dead Island to Gamestop instead.
Ouch, you overpaid :razz: ! Even if your stores don't have any clearance games in the $5 or less range, every store I've been to has PC games as well as some console games for $9.99. This week, I've seen some PC games on sale for $5.99 and $6.99. I even bought a couple of CEs/LEs outright at one store that didn't have any $4.98/$5.06 clearance games, returned them to another store that did have them, and then repurchased using the coupons to get them for effectively $10. At worst you should be getting any CE/LE game (including the $120 AC3 LE or the $180 CoD BLOPS2 Care Package) for no more than $20...or like you said, even less if you return the pro-rated filler games. :)

I found the 160GB PS3 at the Target in Far North Scottsdale, AZ, on clearance for $175. There were two of them, now there is one. You can wait for it to drop to $125 if you want, but I wouldn't count on it being there much longer.

They also had the original Skylanders pack for $11. (for the XBox 360, with game, base pedestal, and three figures) Again, there were two, now there is one.

And this is the coupon that prints at random with a purchase, right? I shop at Target 2 or 3 times a week and still I have nothing. :bomb:

On-topic, no worthwhile clearance deals in Franklin, TN for several weeks now...

And this is the coupon that prints at random with a purchase, right? I shop at Target 2 or 3 times a week and still I have nothing. :bomb:

On-topic, no worthwhile clearance deals in Franklin, TN for several weeks now...
Try buying (or at least ringing up) random, various toys. That's how I've gotten mine.

Also, here are the online inventory checker links to the various consoles mentioned as being on clearance. Good luck! Hell, if you find the 160GB PS3 at full price of $249.99 and have one of the B2G1 coupons, you could try to pick it up with a couple of clearance/cheapest games you can find and if the employee is willing to try, see if the coupon works its magic on the console.

X360 GoW3 bundle

Wii Just Dance Bundle

Wii Mario Bundle

PS3 160 GB Bundle

Someone also reported the Toy Story bundle PS3 as on clearance, but I've been unable to find the online item number for it. I believe its DPCI is 207-23-0011

I don't see any of these in my area according to the locator. One store has limited stock of the PS3, but they ring up at MSRP.

So where does one get this B2G1 coupon?  I dont think my store has any AC3 CE's but it's worth looking if I had the coupon.

So where does one get this B2G1 coupon? I dont think my store has any AC3 CE's but it's worth looking if I had the coupon.
You be extremely lucky that whatever you just bought triggers the magic formula for the register to spit one out. It's highly random, uncommon and no one's figured out a pattern to get it.

You be extremely lucky that whatever you just bought triggers the magic formula for the register to spit one out. It's highly random, uncommon and no one's figured out a pattern to get it.
Lol. So I need to buy 15 candy bars one at a time until I get it?

J/K btw :)

My target still has the gigantic pile of games that should have been put into the clearance cycle piling up on the endcap.  (I posted about this a few weeks ago).  The pile has grown in size and now includes guides.  YES, I did scan the games and the guides.  The guides come up item not found - when I asked an employee for help, she scanned them at a register and claimed they came up msrp (29.99, etc.)

I'll take a picture of this disaster and post it later.  (Assuming I can figure out how to do that).

Does anybody have the DCPI for the Gears Bundle?
Not sure why not a single person that has reported seeing them in a store hasn't bothered to write down and provide the DPCI number.

I googled each of the DPCI's from 0001-0025 for Xbox consoles, but I assume the original page for it has been deleted and there is no cache, or it's under some other number, because the only ones that come up are other consoles/bundles, all the way back to original launch consoles. It should be 207-21-00XX, however like I said google doesn't return any results for it from 207-21-0001 through 207-21-0025. I couldn't find anything but the online item number for it (13621875), which is how I was able to post the inventory tracker for it.

NOTHING in this thread is ever available at my Target anymore.  Shoot, most things (like the Gears bundle) isn't even available within 80+ miles of my house.  Even in store and not looking for specific things I see in here it's been a wasteland.  Oh well...

Just came from target and nabbed a Gears bundle! The Star wars bundle is 179.98 also. For those that want the Gears Xbox DPCI: 207 21 0018

Probably mentioned, but Modern Warfare LE 360 system bundles went 50% off to $150 today. Had 8 in, 2 people bought them just on my slow shift. Was considering it, even with 15% off of that, still didn't want it lol.

Hey can someone post the DPCI # for the Xbox 360 Star Wars system bundle and the Xbox 360 Call of Duty system bundle. It would be greatly appreciated!!

How accurate is the stock checker for these clearance consoles? It's saying there are none in my area.
Basically what the PDAs show at work. If there are zero, that's what it is. Limited stock is 50/50 depending on what it is. There may not be any, due to it being a display, a delayed update someone else purchased, or a mis-scan at some point.

Maybe, that's the problem in that no one knows. Some people have gotten it buying video games, some have gotten it buying toys, some have gotten it buying food, etc.
the reason you cant pinpoint one thing that triggers the coupon is because its based on your shopping history at target. they have everything you've ever bought at target tracked based on your photo taken at checkout and cross referenced with your method of payment.

the reason you cant pinpoint one thing that triggers the coupon is because its based on your shopping history at target. they have everything you've ever bought at target tracked based on your photo taken at checkout and cross referenced with your method of payment.
Where did you hear this about a photo being taken? Because I'm pretty sure that is illegal for the purpose you are claiming.

It's common knowledge about the shopping habits being linked to your credit/debit card though. But, as other people have stated, the coupons print while your items are being scanned, not when you pay, so there is no way of them knowing your shopping habits until you swipe your card. That's what makes this coupon 100% random.

any CAG spot a new PS3 160 (made in 2010) or new PS3 250 GB Toy story 3 bundle (made in 2010) - sticker at the bottom of the box for clearance. Please contact me and we can work something out.

I have 120 in PAYpal and more in Amazon/BB/Walmart GC + tons of game swag for trade(gold nunchuck/Square enix ultimate prize) CML.

I will pay sales cost with 120 in paypal and supplement the rest with Amazon/BB/Walmart GC. I will also ship out all last 3 years of the Square Enix ultimate prizes.

That's a kind of random extremely paranoid idea.

I checked out 3 stores here in Tampa yesterday. Saw only 1 Wii at one store. Asked employees at 2 of the stores, one said they "never clearance systems". The other said they found they had a stack of 11 of the Toy Story bundles in the back and that they sold out in about half an hour at $100 on Monday.

I checked out 3 stores here in Tampa yesterday. Saw only 1 Wii at one store. Asked employees at 2 of the stores, one said they "never clearance systems". The other said they found they had a stack of 11 of the Toy Story bundles in the back and that they sold out in about half an hour at $100 on Monday.
Man, I gave up on our area a long time ago, lol. We literally have a million targets, and I've only bought one or two clearanced games in the last 4 months. I don't know when and why clearances dried up here, but it hasn't been the same for a very long time. Maybe there are a lot CAGs or scrupulous shoppers vying for the same stuff. "El Hoardo" maybe (although, personally, I've never seen one)?

sp00ge said:
It's common knowledge about the shopping habits being linked to your credit/debit card though. But, as other people have stated, the coupons print while your items are being scanned, not when you pay, so there is no way of them knowing your shopping habits until you swipe your card. That's what makes this coupon 100% random.
I tested that just now and coupons printed after I swiped my Red Card. Usually I swipe while things are being scanned cause I'm an impatient SOB. I'm not saying the coupon isn't random but usually the coupons I get at target are uncanny specific to my shopping habits.

My local store (Van Nuys, CA) had both Gears 3 and Modern Warfare 3 Xbox 360 bundles on clearance for $209. Tempting, but still too high for an impulse buy. 

My target still has the gigantic pile of games that should have been put into the clearance cycle piling up on the endcap. (I posted about this a few weeks ago). The pile has grown in size and now includes guides. YES, I did scan the games and the guides. The guides come up item not found - when I asked an employee for help, she scanned them at a register and claimed they came up msrp (29.99, etc.)

I'll take a picture of this disaster and post it later. (Assuming I can figure out how to do that).
Are you talking about the store on Imperial in La Habra? Did they add any games? Are there any more copies of Animal Crossing? Thanks!

That's a kind of random extremely paranoid idea.
its not an idea, its a fact. and this was from over 10 years ago when i used to work at a target. they let all the employees go into the security office and let us see how it worked. havent you ever noticed the pictures shown on the news when someone is stealing credit cards, debit cards, etc. they are always from right above the checkout lane. 2 cameras above each checklane, 1 watching the register 1 on the person buying. even back then were working on facial recognition as you walked into the store to identify past shoplifters as they walk in the store. there is alot of money in loss prevention. as for the legality there is a tv with a sign on it, or at least a sign above you when you walk into every target that states CCTV is in use, you keep going in you accept they are tracking you.

its not an idea, its a fact. and this was from over 10 years ago when i used to work at a target. they let all the employees go into the security office and let us see how it worked. havent you ever noticed the pictures shown on the news when someone is stealing credit cards, debit cards, etc. they are always from right above the checkout lane. 2 cameras above each checklane, 1 watching the register 1 on the person buying. even back then were working on facial recognition as you walked into the store to identify past shoplifters as they walk in the store. there is alot of money in loss prevention. as for the legality there is a tv with a sign on it, or at least a sign above you when you walk into every target that states CCTV is in use, you keep going in you accept they are tracking you.
What? So, you're saying they also use security footage for marketing purposes?

From Target.com:

In-Store Cameras
We use in-store cameras, primarily for security purposes, and also for operational purposes, such as measuring traffic patterns and tracking in-stock levels
Monitoring shoplifters and traffic patterns =/= customer directed marketing as you are suggesting. Such a thing would have to be disclosed otherwise Target would face some major lawsuits for violation of privacy.

All stores have cameras pointed at the registers to prevent employee theft and credit card fraud. You're insane if you think Target has some vast central super computer connected to every store that tracks however many millions of people shop at their stores, has their faces and can instantly print coupons. There's a reason that almost every store now has a loyalty card of some sort because that is how they track us. They don't need to do the crazy conspiracy level stuff because we happily hand that information over on our own for a pittance.

All stores have cameras pointed at the registers to prevent employee theft and credit card fraud. You're insane if you think Target has some vast central super computer connected to every store that tracks however many millions of people shop at their stores, has their faces and can instantly print coupons. There's a reason that almost every store now has a loyalty card of some sort because that is how they track us. They don't need to do the crazy conspiracy level stuff because we happily hand that information over on our own for a pittance.

Many stores have counts via camera, when i worked for apple retail they had stats from every day, they would not allow us to stand too close to the doors as it would mess up their count........ counting amount of people that enter a store is not that crazy of a process. Tracking WHO that person is might be a little different story

Saw a boatload of MW3 and Gears 3 bundles for $150 today as expected (probably 10+ of each).  Also saw regular 250gb 360 slim bundles (with Forza and something else maybe?) AS IS for ~$209.  It'll be fun to watch people play the willpower game to see if they drop again.  

Many stores have counts via camera, when i worked for apple retail they had stats from every day, they would not allow us to stand too close to the doors as it would mess up their count........ counting amount of people that enter a store is not that crazy of a process. Tracking WHO that person is might be a little different story
Yeah, BBY and presumably most other stores do that as well. Maybe that's where the eye in the sky tags us or maybe they just sic the Target satellite on us the moment we leave our house and beam radio waves into our heads that make us want to go check the clearance end cap again.

Yeah, BBY and presumably most other stores do that as well. Maybe that's where the eye in the sky tags us or maybe they just sic the Target satellite on us the moment we leave our house and beam radio waves into our heads that make us want to go check the clearance end cap again.
They have a counter at the entrance of the store. It tallys how many people walk in. If you ever notice, the employees/vendors/store personnel always enter the store through the exit doors. It's some sort or IR beam that gets broken every time someone enters the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back