Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you talking about the store on Imperial in La Habra? Did they add any games? Are there any more copies of Animal Crossing? Thanks!
I was at that store yesterday. I didn't even see a clearance section in electronics. I did snag some clearance Vita headphones and Game Case at the Best Buy down the street though

Many stores have counts via camera, when i worked for apple retail they had stats from every day, they would not allow us to stand too close to the doors as it would mess up their count........ counting amount of people that enter a store is not that crazy of a process. Tracking WHO that person is might be a little different story
Well, I mean, even the library counts the amount of people that visit. But, repurposing security footage as a means of identifying who's shopping and how to market to them sounds creepy and a bit illegal. According to our friend, though, Targets have a secret eagle eye server, lol.

Well, I mean, even the library counts the amount of people that visit. But, repurposing security footage as a means of identifying who's shopping and how to market to them sounds creepy and a bit illegal. According to our friend, though, Targets have a secret eagle eye server, lol.
And a satellite which means they also have black helicopters!

Saw a boatload of MW3 and Gears 3 bundles for $150 today as expected (probably 10+ of each). Also saw regular 250gb 360 slim bundles (with Forza and something else maybe?) AS IS for ~$209. It'll be fun to watch people play the willpower game to see if they drop again.
Was this at one of the Kansas City, Missouri stores? The inventory tracker shows "Not Available" for all stores in the KC area. Please share the store location so fellow CAGers can get in on the deal.

No luck on the Gears bundle for me; all stores anywhere remotely close to me are fresh out. I never seem to have luck with Target clearances...Was only able to find one store in my area that had either the Star Wars or MW3 bundle, both rang in at $299.99. Thanks Target, but no deal.

Anybody have the DCPI for the MW3 Xbox 360 bundle?
Haven't seen anyone answer this yet. For all interested, the DPCI for the MW3 bundle is 207-21-0018.

Just came from target and nabbed a Gears bundle! The Star wars bundle is 179.98 also. For those that want the Gears Xbox DPCI: 207 21 0018
From everything I can find, the Gears 3 DPCI is actually 207-21-0017. Someone else may need to verify this. Well done on picking one up though. If only I were so lucky. All these LE consoles sell out quick around here.

Thanks for posting this! I've found a couple SW bundles, but still at $244.xx and debating. I would bite at $174.xx.

Saw some halo reach xbox bundles, (two controllers) had clearance tags, but came up $299 or so.
Keep in mind it also comes with the special white kinect. Not that special but still it can count for some of the difference. Also that Gold C3PO controller is AWSOME.

Keep in mind it also comes with the special white kinect. Not that special but still it can count for some of the difference. Also that Gold C3PO controller is AWSOME.
I had actually forgotten that the Star Wars bundle came with the Kinect. It certainly makes the hardware value of the bundle increase, but I've never really wanted one of those things. Nor do I have the space for one anyway.

As a side note, there is a Gold Chrome Series controller coming out in August (in the US and "select" regions worldwide). Only difference that I can tell is that it doesn't have that colored wire design on the bottom. So I'm not sure I'd buy one just for the controller alone.

No luck on the Gears bundle for me; all stores anywhere remotely close to me are fresh out. I never seem to have luck with Target clearances...Was only able to find one store in my area that had either the Star Wars or MW3 bundle, both rang in at $299.99. Thanks Target, but no deal.

Haven't seen anyone answer this yet. For all interested, the DPCI for the MW3 bundle is 207-21-0018.

From everything I can find, the Gears 3 DPCI is actually 207-21-0017. Someone else may need to verify this. Well done on picking one up though. If only I were so lucky. All these LE consoles sell out quick around here.
I found a GOW3 bundle at one of my stores but it is $299.99. If the price ended in .97 I would have a slight glimmer of hope for price reduction but I think ending in .99 is a bad sign. Anyone else find the GOW bundle at the $299.99 price?

its not an idea, its a fact. and this was from over 10 years ago when i used to work at a target. they let all the employees go into the security office and let us see how it worked. havent you ever noticed the pictures shown on the news when someone is stealing credit cards, debit cards, etc. they are always from right above the checkout lane. 2 cameras above each checklane, 1 watching the register 1 on the person buying. even back then were working on facial recognition as you walked into the store to identify past shoplifters as they walk in the store. there is alot of money in loss prevention. as for the legality there is a tv with a sign on it, or at least a sign above you when you walk into every target that states CCTV is in use, you keep going in you accept they are tracking you.
Might be a little scare tactic for the employees. All retail stores have the security device about the registers, in fact the electronics kiosk usually has 4+ cameras above it. Letting employees view the cameras might scare them into not stealing. However, it doesn't stop people. I can tell some mind blowing stories about internal theft. However with all that said, there is no facial recognition because you can literally look down and not be detected. The warning sign is another scare tactic, but also allows the video to be used against you.

Thanks. Yeah, the GoW bundle shouldn't be 0018 since the MW3 bundle is. Does the MW3 bundle have a CoD skin for the 360 or is it just a normal 360 with the game included? And if it's a skin, can it be removed?
It has its own customized skin. Two customized controllers as well, along with the standard edition of the game. And no, it can't be removed; think of it like a custom paint job rather than a cover.

its not an idea, its a fact. and this was from over 10 years ago when i used to work at a target. they let all the employees go into the security office and let us see how it worked. havent you ever noticed the pictures shown on the news when someone is stealing credit cards, debit cards, etc. they are always from right above the checkout lane. 2 cameras above each checklane, 1 watching the register 1 on the person buying. even back then were working on facial recognition as you walked into the store to identify past shoplifters as they walk in the store. there is alot of money in loss prevention. as for the legality there is a tv with a sign on it, or at least a sign above you when you walk into every target that states CCTV is in use, you keep going in you accept they are tracking you.
You're talking bullshit about them tracking by your picture. Yes they track by credit/debit but there's no fucking way they're tracking on facial recognition.

Regarding about the centralized security center, there does exist one main hub that watches all the security cameras live from anywhere in the United States. It basically watches what security sees and they then look for patterns for theft and or fraudulent activity. I don't recall where the hub is located but this was an hour segment on 60 Minutes or ABC News 6-8 years ago.

The surveillance they showed on the segment was insane. They showed examples of live feeds of people shopping from other states with some clips of people stealing. And this was 6-8 years ago.

With how far technology has advanced now, I wouldn't be surprised if facial recognition was used now and not tell anyone about it.

Regarding about the centralized security center, there does exist one main hub that watches all the security cameras live from anywhere in the United States. It basically watches what security sees and they then look for patterns for theft and or fraudulent activity. I don't recall where the hub is located but this was an hour segment on 60 Minutes or ABC News 6-8 years ago.

The surveillance they showed on the segment was insane. They showed examples of live feeds of people shopping from other states with some clips of people stealing. And this was 6-8 years ago.

With how far technology has advanced now, I wouldn't be surprised if facial recognition was used now and not tell anyone about it.
Yeah that 60 minutes special showed how target had their own forensic team, They would coat particular items at a store with a certain material, go on amazon and buy a ton of that item from different sellers to see if they could link it to a theft at certain stores.

But on the brighter side the b2g1 coupon worked, i just got denied by an over zealous employee, manager came over and changed it to the $4 game for free..... so i just took my coupon and went on my way.

Yeah that 60 minutes special showed how target had their own forensic team, They would coat particular items at a store with a certain material, go on amazon and buy a ton of that item from different sellers to see if they could link it to a theft at certain stores.
http://www.privacysos.org/node/424

"Target is at the forefront of this type of retail crime fighting. It has opened 14 investigation centers similar to the one in Westborough, [MA] as well as two forensics labs to enhance video footage and analyze fingerprints and a command center at the company’s Minneapolis headquarters."

And there's the mention of a forensics lab and stuff but I know I saw a different segment older than this one.

I remembered about this because at the time I thought to myself "This is far more advanced than what local police have for a retailer"

So yeah, have fun.

Actually, I just picked up both bundles and they both scanned at the same DPCI: 207-21-0018. So assuming this is system wide, and I can't imagine that the UPC's are the same (didn't check), if that DPCI shows up in stock at a store near you, it will either be the MW3 bundle or the GoW3 bundle.

Seems the only way to differentiate between them is via their online item number, which we can thankfully check for as well since we have both numbers. HOWEVER, I just came from a store that had quite a few (20+ according to their system :hot: ...with about a dozen scattered across the electronics section :hot: ) of the Gears of War 3 bundle that is indicating "We're sorry, this item is not available at this location" for the Gears of War 3 bundle, but showing as having the MW3 bundle as "in stock" (which it is not as I bought the last one along with the last Star Wars Kinect bundle). So, YMMV when using these inventory trackers with what you will actually find, as always. Good luck people!

MW3 bundle

GoW3 bundle

This store was seriously the store that time forgot. They had a ton of limited and special editions in the stockroom and on the floor, including 3...THREE Black Ops 2 Care Package bundles for X360 :hot: ! Well there were three before I used the magic coupon to get it for the cost of 2 $6.99 sale PC games :D.

Actually, I just picked up both bundles and they both scanned at the same DPCI: 207-21-0018. So assuming this is system wide, and I can't imagine that the UPC's are the same (didn't check), if that DPCI shows up in stock at a store near you, it will either be the MW3 bundle or the GoW3 bundle.
What may have happened - there were so few Gears bundles left system wide, they reclassified them from their own unique SKU/DPCI to the MW3 bundle SKU/DPCI. I saw this happen once before, with a limited edition Gears 3 controller. I found one randomly on a shelf long after they had been clearanced out, and it rang up full price, because they had merged that UPC to the DPCI of the regular xbox controller. So the Gears controller was technically out of the system, but they still had one, selling it for full price under a substitute DPCI. An associate explained that they do this occasionally. Assuming he actually knew what he was talking about, of course, but it did make sense.

I was at that store yesterday. I didn't even see a clearance section in electronics. I did snag some clearance Vita headphones and Game Case at the Best Buy down the street though
I think I misread your other post. I actually bought almost all of the copies of Animal Crossing (about 40 copies) from that store. I wasn't trying to be an el-hoardo, I only bought 8 the first time and kept checking back to see if anyone else bought the rest. There was still a copy at the store, but it now comes up at $20.

My local Target has (what I was told) 12 of the MW3 360s at 30% off, and they hadn't sold any since they got marked down on Monday.  They said that they should hit the next markdown on Monday, if they don't sell out by then.  Since I really don't need another 360, I decided to hold off and see if it drops.  At $150, I'll pick one up as a backup, in case my R2D2 unit ever fails.

I'm really kicking myself for not trading in more junk games during that whole debacle a few weeks back.

Hell, I think since my Target has so many of the MW3 360s, I'm going to go ahead and grab one tomorrow and hold onto it until monday for the possible price drop and return/rebuy.  I'd rather have a backup 360 for $200 than not get one at all for that price, in case they do sell out at 30% off.  Even selling off the controllers and game on Amazon should bring the total down to about $100.  Controllers look to be going for ~$40/ea "used" (not in retail blisterpack) and the game is about $23.

Stopped by Targé yesterday, and unsurprisingly found nothing of interest in electronics. What's odd is that the clearance in the grocery and health sections seems to be alive and kicking. Got some powerbars, protein shakes, and organic agave syrup (#dontjudgeme) at crazy markdowns. So, yeah, even though I'm striking out with games, I'm consoled for the moment.

My closest Target has 5-6 Star Wars Kinect bundles. They are $244 right now but he said Monday they will be doing more price drops and that may get knocked down to anywhere between $170-220. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but this may be a gold mine!

Target's screwing with me. Last week, not a single RE: Revelations at any Target anywhere. Even though the scanner said there were some in the store, not one to be found. Now, when the price is back to $20, every Target has at least 2 copies. Don't joke around!
Yeah, it's really weird that they've gone from $6 clearance to a staple in their value game wall. Some genius must have seen how many we were buying at the clearance price and figured there was suddenly huge demand for the game.

I guess someone must've returned a large online order to the one Target by me. I grabbed a bunch of DVD's for $1.26 up to $5.06 each.

I got:

2x Despicable Me(BR/DVD/Digitial copy version)-$5.06 each

1x Bad Teacher Unrated Edition(BR version)-$3.76

1x The Notebook/The Time Travelers Wife combo pack-$1.26

1x Unfaithful/Leaving Las Vegas combo pack-$1.86

1x Our Idiot Brother-$2.56

:360:Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition-$5.06

I also got two one year subscriptions to two seperate Anti Virus programs.

I got:

Webroot Secure Anywhere for $5.06

and

Norton Antivirus 2012 with AntiSpyware for $12.56

I'm thinking of returning both AV software packages though since I already have MSE on my PC.

Yeah, it's really weird that they've gone from $6 clearance to a staple in their value game wall. Some genius must have seen how many we were buying at the clearance price and figured there was suddenly huge demand for the game.
Maybe it was an overreaction to clear out the spelling error'ed copies? And once they cleared out the entire stock they had at that time (including some regular non-errored copies) they put it back in the system. Just a guess, though...

Got mw3 bundle for 150 in burleson they have about 12 more left. Made the trip down Fort Worth worth it my original fat needs to be reballed rrod in me my other fat is about to rrod also so I'm glad I picked it up even though I already own 4 controller might flip them. Used 4 gc from the groupons deal.
y6edamyg.jpg

This happens a few times a year with various games (I remember Assassin's Creed and Left 4 Dead). It's a grand mystery.

Maybe it was an overreaction to clear out the spelling error'ed copies? And once they cleared out the entire stock they had at that time (including some regular non-errored copies) they put it back in the system. Just a guess, though...
Yeah, except there were more correct version than misprints available by the time it hit a worthwhile price! :whee:

They have a counter at the entrance of the store. It tallys how many people walk in. If you ever notice, the employees/vendors/store personnel always enter the store through the exit doors. It's some sort or IR beam that gets broken every time someone enters the store.
Not sure where you got this from. I always see them go through the entrance.

They're not supposed to, it's actually a corporate thing with BBY that employees are supposed to enter and exit the store through the exit side so it doesn't mess the counts up.
I don't really feel like I owe them anything, since they are in many regards a really lousy place to work, but I'll still enter through BBY's exit doors just to do their tracking a favor. That and because I almost never walk out of there with anything :p

If BBY does it, I'd be willing to bet Target does too, even if it isn't as widely encouraged.

I don't really feel like I owe them anything, since they are in many regards a really lousy place to work, but I'll still enter through BBY's exit doors just to do their tracking a favor. That and because I almost never walk out of there with anything :p

If BBY does it, I'd be willing to bet Target does too, even if it isn't as widely encouraged.
Haha, any place that isn't a career seems to be a lousy place for anyone who doesn't work there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back