Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really feel like I owe them anything, since they are in many regards a really lousy place to work, but I'll still enter through BBY's exit doors just to do their tracking a favor. That and because I almost never walk out of there with anything :p
If BBY does it, I'd be willing to bet Target does too, even if it isn't as widely encouraged.
If Target does do it, then everyday employees don't know about it. When I worked there, the only time we had to use a special entrance is before the store opened or if you had to work when the store was closed. (Thanksgiving to set up for BF, before last year, obviously.)

If the store is open it is actually policy to take the long way in to clock in. (Which is the front main entrance.) it really sucked if you were late on an opening shift because Target holds huddles at that time and it literally feels like a walk of shame since you have to walk right thru it.

Yeah, I worked at target from 2003-2006 and again in 2008. Its just as Stryder said, we only used the side entrance when the store wasn't open.

Regarding the MW3 360 bundle....

I hit up two Targets tonight. One in Palmdale, CA (they had two left, both scanned $299) and the Target in Lancaster, CA (they had one marked at $209.99).

I decided to just buy the marked down one and will trade in my old 250 slim.

The guy that sold it to me said he sold two a few hours earlier and was going to buy this one at the end of his shift. I told him I'd pass and leave it for him but he said it was okay.

Target supposedly does markdowns on clearance items in electronics on Mondays. Does anyone know if the markdowns go into effect at the store opening time of 8:00AM on Monday? Or does it happen at some random time during the day or at opening time on Tuesday? I would like to hear from people so have first hand knowledge of when markdowns occur.

Target's screwing with me. Last week, not a single RE: Revelations at any Target anywhere. Even though the scanner said there were some in the store, not one to be found. Now, when the price is back to $20, every Target has at least 2 copies. Don't joke around!

On another note, I found something old at a Target. It's the Black Ops PS3 controller bundle. At 70% off, this baby was $26 and cleared out everywhere. Or so I thought until I found one at a faraway Target. Regular priced at $80. I got a copy of it for $26, and it still has the clearance tag on it, so I'm half tempted to rip it off and stick it on the regular priced one, but I'm pretty sure that's illegal, even though it does belong to that item.

I'd imagine that's likely illegal if you get caught. Ibdont think you'd be arrested/prosecuted though. And I can't honestly say I've never done that in the past but only at walmart stores. Just watch for dept codes...they will giveyou a funny look I
if it seems wrong.

Is it really any worse than buying a product at one store to return without receipt at another for profit? I don't think so. And I know we have all done that at one time or another before the moral police show up.

Target supposedly does markdowns on clearance items in electronics on Mondays. Does anyone know if the markdowns go into effect at the store opening time of 8:00AM on Monday? Or does it happen at some random time during the day or at opening time on Tuesday? I would like to hear from people so have first hand knowledge of when markdowns occur.
Unfortunately the answer is 'it depends' - some stores are setup so so they just accept any new clearance changes from corporate without scanning the items, some have to scan the items for the clearance changes to take affect. Additionally, besides the fact that not all stores do electronics clearance on Mondays, a number of them only do new clearance on Mondays and drops on existing items on Thursdays (or something like that). Last but not least, if something is on clearance and has sold some percentage of inventory at the current clearance price, it likely won't drop this week (for example the clearance consoles - if they sold 9 out of 10 at 50% off, you probably won't see a drop this week).

Long story short, you just have to know your own Target's cycle to answer that question. If you have nothing but time on your hands, check Mondays around 11a, Tuesdays earlier in the days and Thursdays around 11a for a couple weeks to learn your store's schedule.

I am having a hard time finding the online # for Target's Call of Duty Black Ops PS3 160 GB Bundle.  I want to check the inventory of several stores near me.  Would you guys be able to help me find that online #?  The DPCI for it is 207 23 0018.  Thank you.

Just a reminder for some people.  My original B2G1 Free Coupon expires today  (7/15/13).  I'm assuming I'm not the only one.  

Just a reminder for some people. My original B2G1 Free Coupon expires today (7/15/13). I'm assuming I'm not the only one.
Good call.....I'm heading there after work to make hopefully a boss purchase.....if all works out, I'll be posting when I get home....:D

Just a reminder for some people. My original B2G1 Free Coupon expires today (7/15/13). I'm assuming I'm not the only one.
Thanks. I've been wondering if they'd work on the clearance consoles (I think they're in the same dpci range as games?) so today's as good a day as any to try.

found major deals today  :razz:

14ea1aq.jpg

Man, I am tempted to drive a half hour to where it says there's a 360 MW3 and Star Wars bundle now and turn a profit on these Target GC though it would really suck to get there and find out they weren't marked down (yes, that's worse than the tracker being wrong).

I know this isn't part of the of the clearance thread, but got the elusive B2G1 coupon (can't find the other thread) from target today with a new expiration of 9/9/2013. Didnt find anything worth mentioning for clearances games.

I know this isn't part of the of the clearance thread, but got the elusive B2G1 coupon (can't find the other thread) from target today with a new expiration of 9/9/2013. Didnt find anything worth mentioning for clearances games.
What did you buy when you got the coupon?

Well I shop there once a week just picking up random household stuff usually, and I typically get various coupons printed out almost every time. This is what I bought:

1 - Iams Cat Food
2 - 3M Command strip refills
3 - Right Guard Deodorant
4 - Clearanced Dawn Dish Soap

I also found a few Smackdown vs Raw 2011 PS2  games at my Target. That, along with the typical huge pile of DS crap.

Oh and I think there was an ABBA PS3 game, too. And Two Worlds II for $30+

How I wish there was a clear pattern to any of this and no one start with the black helicopters and satellites talk again.

Hey can someone who received the email with the link to the monthly coupons share the link, I am a member have been since March but have never received an email with coupons or magazine other than the initial welcome email. I tried to call in support but their computers are down tried to sign up for forum to get help their and it won't let me do anything until I verify email, but their email to verify email is not showing up either, and yes I did check/search the spam folder. I would imagine the link is the same in all the emails and if I use it I am thinking it should work for me. But just in case it might be best that who ever posts the link to have already redeemed their coupon.

Thanks!
Nice try. The links/codes are unique. Can't believe you've let this slide since March.

There was a helicopter flying overhead when I walked out the door...

lol jk

I also noticed all of the Aqua Blue 3DS' were nowhere to be found...so maybe those will be making their clearance debut very soon.

How I wish there was a clear pattern to any of this and no one start with the black helicopters and satellites talk again.

There was a helicopter flying overhead when I walked out the door...

lol jk

I also noticed all of the Aqua Blue 3DS' were nowhere to be found...so maybe those will be making their clearance debut very soon.

I heard they were using nanobots to rectally scan you now.

I heard they were using nanobots to rectally scan you now.
My Targets use the old method which involves a bright room and an anal probe. Or was that those aliens that abducted me? I get those two confused.

If Target does do it, then everyday employees don't know about it. When I worked there, the only time we had to use a special entrance is before the store opened or if you had to work when the store was closed. (Thanksgiving to set up for BF, before last year, obviously.)

If the store is open it is actually policy to take the long way in to clock in. (Which is the front main entrance.) it really sucked if you were late on an opening shift because Target holds huddles at that time and it literally feels like a walk of shame since you have to walk right thru it.
I cannot stress enough how much I HATE that they hold their "huddles" AFTER the store is open. Not only does it make you feel unwelcome because all the employees participating stare at you and seem to be talking about you...but if you actually need help with something good luck finding somebody.

I cannot stress enough how much I HATE that they hold their "huddles" AFTER the store is open. Not only does it make you feel unwelcome because all the employees participating stare at you and seem to be talking about you...but if you actually need help with something good luck finding somebody.
That sounds like Sears Holdings morning meetings, except they typically have them back by merchandise pick-up about 10 minutes before the store opens. It's usually just managers going over how such and such cashier shilled for a ton of credit apps or got people to sign up for their Shop Your Way program enough and has nothing to do with most other departments. When I worked there I stopped showing up to them after the first time or two. Such a waste of time.

Its nothing interesting. I find them a waste of time. Here's our sales goals, district manager may be coming so we have to do x, y, and z to make the store look better for this visit, blah, blah.

All you have to do is hit a button or lift a phone in any department to get someone. Not rocket science.

Its nothing interesting. I find them a waste of time. Here's our sales goals, district manager may be coming so we have to do x, y, and z to make the store look better for this visit, blah, blah.

All you have to do is hit a button or lift a phone in any department to get someone. Not rocket science.
But it raises morale by making everyone stand around awkwardly and force fake enthusiasm 15 minutes earlier than they would have needed to otherwise!

Along with a stack of WWE my Target had a large stack of Cooking Mama 4 3DS for $4.56 each
Which store was this? I'm totally in for $5 3ds cooking mama if it's not too far. I checked the Orchard Park store but didn't find anything other than the WWE.

So, I haven't been following this thread of late, so I haven't seen if this has been posted, but somewhat of an interesting find at Centerville, UT Target:

Sly Thieves in Time Vita - $20.98 207-20-0512

Only one copy left there and I doubt it'll hit 70% before someone snags it, but hopefully it gives people something to look for.

Had about 10 copies of MLB 2k12 on PS3 for $9.98, I passed, might bite if they hit $5 only for Verlander being on the cover!

Had about 10 copies of MLB 2k12 on PS3 for $9.98, I passed, might bite if they hit $5 only for Verlander being on the cover!
Mine had one copy at $5.98. Was going to flip it with Just Dance 4 and Just Dance Disney since my entire receipt (eith other stuff) came out to $16. I ended up keeping it as it's actually a pretty fun game.

Nothing video game related today except for vita Smart As for...way more than I was willing to pay ($20 i think). 

Did manage to score the Star Wars Miniatures board game for $20.  

WP_20130718_0212.jpg

Also that Minnie Mouse book for $1. Super stoked. 

I just brought a Holiday Bundle and Gears of War 3 Bundle for $209 each. It was the last of both. Not sure how this works but can the consoles still go down in price even though there is no more left in the store?

Also, can I take one of the pictures from this thread with a lower price and go back and try to get the consoles for cheaper?

I just brought a Holiday Bundle and Gears of War 3 Bundle for $209 each. It was the last of both. Not sure how this works but can the consoles still go down in price even though there is no more left in the store?
I don't think so. I think they have to have inventory in order for further drops to happen. I picked up a MW3 bundle last week, hoping it drops again. They said they have 12 or so in the back, and just tonight the price checker confirmed that there still are some in the stockroom, so here's hoping...

I don't think so. I think they have to have inventory in order for further drops to happen. I picked up a MW3 bundle last week, hoping it drops again. They said they have 12 or so in the back, and just tonight the price checker confirmed that there still are some in the stockroom, so here's hoping...
Makes sense. I might just go to a random Target that might have one and attempt to get a price match and cash back. Do I have to return/rebuy or can I just show the receipt. Would hate to have to take around the consoles just so they can give me a price difference.

I have a question. I know Uncharted 3 collectors clearanced at target for like $20 or so last year. There is one at my local store right now ringing up at $100 the guy said he can't change the price but it should be clearence. Does anyone know what to do to get the low price?

Yeah, I've returned things to stores that didn't have any left because they were closer and a few days later they show up on the shelf tagged with whatever that store's last price was. Eventually they start to drop again to the price I paid originally.

Makes sense. I might just go to a random Target that might have one and attempt to get a price match and cash back. Do I have to return/rebuy or can I just show the receipt. Would hate to have to take around the consoles just so they can give me a price difference.
That depends, as unfortunately different Targets drop things at different times. What you should do is take the DPCI# from your receipt in first and type it in on one of the price scanners. If it comes up cheaper than what you paid, then bring the console in and ask them if you could change the payment type on your transaction. They'll have to do a return first, then re-ring you and you should get the lower price. But depending on how oblivious or not the cashier at the return desk is you may get a hassle if it comes up lower than you originally paid.

I have a question. I know Uncharted 3 collectors clearanced at target for like $20 or so last year. There is one at my local store right now ringing up at $100 the guy said he can't change the price but it should be clearence. Does anyone know what to do to get the low price?
Is it ringing up as $100 or coming up as 'Item Not Found' if you scan it on the price scanners? If it's coming up Item Not Found, try taking it up the front and have them use one of their handheld pricing scanners to look up the last price in the system for it. Some Target stores may refuse to sell you it though if it's out of the system.

But if it's just coming up $100, then that's the price it's at.

Last edited:
Somebody refresh my memory on how to type in the DPCis on the new price checkers with no keypad. The ones with just the 4 black buttons on the bottom and the "target" call button. TIA.

Somebody refresh my memory on how to type in the DPCis on the new price checkers with no keypad. The ones with just the 4 black buttons on the bottom and the "target" call button. TIA.
Not 100% certain, but if I remember correctly, people have said that the button on the far right brings up a virtual number pad on the touchscreen.

Not 100% certain, but if I remember correctly, people have said that the button on the far right brings up a virtual number pad on the touchscreen.
I thought I remember reading something like that. I pressed all the buttons and even the screen but nothing came up. I even scanned something so the screen would change, but it went right back to standby.

any CAGs had any luck with the XBox 360 250gb Bundle with Batman and Darksiders? If so what market and clearance price? It's the only remaining 360 bundle ($299) that is actually in stock in my area

Its the last button on the right. You might have to check other scanners if one isn't activating the keypad. A lot of stores only have only one or two that activate. Lately I have noticed that they have been turning all of them off now through.

Its the last button on the right. You might have to check other scanners if one isn't activating the keypad. A lot of stores only have only one or two that activate. Lately I have noticed that they have been turning all of them off now through.
That's exactly what I experienced. Must have tried 5 or 6.

That depends, as unfortunately different Targets drop things at different times. What you should do is take the DPCI# from your receipt in first and type it in on one of the price scanners. If it comes up cheaper than what you paid, then bring the console in and ask them if you could change the payment type on your transaction. They'll have to do a return first, then re-ring you and you should get the lower price. But depending on how oblivious or not the cashier at the return desk is you may get a hassle if it comes up lower than you originally paid.
I would do that but I've gone to the closest Target's in my area. One is 5 minutes away, the other is about 15 - 20 minutes away. The rest are 20+ minutes away. It would be easier, well somewhat, to bring the consoles with me whenever I'm going far away to check if other Target's have a cheaper price.

Oh well, it isn't that much of a big deal if I'm already going to be near a far away Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back