Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of stores around me still have the new clearance price tags/placeholders for those games in the palstic prisons, but of course none in stock. DPCIs come up as "ITEM NOT FOUND" in store and "NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS LOCATION" via the online inventory checker. Many other locations have the games in stock at full price, so I might try getting them via the usual magic method.
Good luck, mines has the shelf space occupied by current games or with the price tag covered by a white tag now.

Electronics and gaming clearance in thr NE Philly area has been slim pickings for a while now.

BUT…

Picked up the BlOps 160GB slim bundle today at my Target. $175 - %5.

My launch 60GB PS3 YLOD back in March. Been looking for a replacement since then. Thought about jumping on a 320GB NIB for $200 but wary of Craigs advert. Over the last couple weeks, been running DPCI at local Targets hoping to score. Found this bundle IN STOCK for $250, but not on sales floor.

Stopped by at lunch today… BOOM! Waiting for me in the glass cabinet. In its now-retro looking red box.

No way I was gambling on a drop to 50%! SOLD.

Also pickup up some 8-pack AAA for $2.60.
zeraga6a.jpg

Electronics and gaming clearance in thr NE Philly area has been slim pickings for a while now.

BUT…

Picked up the BlOps 160GB slim bundle today at my Target. $175 - %5.

My launch 60GB PS3 YLOD back in March. Been looking for a replacement since then. Thought about jumping on a 320GB NIB for $200 but wary of Craigs advert. Over the last couple weeks, been running DPCI at local Targets hoping to score. Found this bundle IN STOCK for $250, but not on sales floor.

Stopped by at lunch today… BOOM! Waiting for me in the glass cabinet. In its now-retro looking red box.

No way I was gambling on a drop to 50%! SOLD.

Also pickup up some 8-pack AAA for $2.60.
zeraga6a.jpg
Nice find! Been looking for a Slim myself (as a backup to my 60 GB Phat). Good decision to jump on it instead of waiting for the next price drop. Are you upgrading the HD right away? Up to what size can it support these days? I upgraded my Phat to a 500 GB HD.

Nice find! Been looking for a Slim myself (as a backup to my 60 GB Phat). Good decision to jump on it instead of waiting for the next price drop. Are you upgrading the HD right away? Up to what size can it support these days? I upgraded my Phat to a 500 GB HD.
You can throw in a max of 1 TB as that is the largest 2.5" drive currently.

Geez. I went to my local target and once again strategy guides and garbage. Oh yah and they had books with the clearance stuff too. Makes me sick lol I think I want to check out a different store

Anyone have any luck with finding a Gears Xbox bundle recently? I would love to find one of these.
I actually picked up 2 Gears of war xbox for 208.98 Ea in Saint Louis Mo. I also found 3 COD MW3 there as well same price. I jumped on them as soon as i saw them.

I actually picked up 2 Gears of war xbox for 208.98 Ea in Saint Louis Mo. I also found 3 COD MW3 there as well same price. I jumped on them as soon as i saw them.
Were the Gears bundles on display, or were they in the back? My local stores aren't showing any in-stock using the online inventory search, but I'm holding out hope that one or two may be hiding deep in a stockroom somewhere.

Were the Gears bundles on display, or were they in the back? My local stores aren't showing any in-stock using the online inventory search, but I'm holding out hope that one or two may be hiding deep in a stockroom somewhere.
Yeah they were on the back endcap, no where near the games though, it was on a back end cap way towards the groceries about 6-7 aisles down from electronics. rather odd, i was waiting around on my fiance, and stumbled across it, glad i did. I did ask for my buddy though, i just called a store and gave them dcpi to look up, and they said they have more in my area but they were the MF3 Bundles not the gears so i guess they have the same dcpi as the MF3 ones as well. Very odd.

Finally, after months of seeing crap, i finally find a good AS-IS strat guide. Pokemon B2/W2 regular edition. $19.99 down to $5.06. Not the CE, but I'm fine with that since I already have the CE. It was under the overpriced Star Wars FU2 guide which was also $5.06 and in horrible condition.

So I actually saw some games on clearance today!  They were all in the cases, and not on the endcap.  All priced at $13.98.

I saw:

:ps3: SSX

:ps3: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

:360: Assassin's Creed II

:vita: FIFA 13

No great deals, but still.  Did pick up SSX but there's a good chance I'll return it.

Also saw an as-is World of Warcraft Battle Chest for $5.05.

:360:

Kinect Star Wars [207-22-0061] $19.99 -> $13.98

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier [207-22-0655] $19.99 -> $13.98

:ps3:

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 [207-24-0770] $19.99 -> $13.98

Doom 3 [207-24-0792] $19.99 -> $13.98

Vita:

Lego The Lord of the Rings [207-20-1407] $19.99 -> $13.98

You can throw in a max of 1 TB as that is the largest 2.5" drive currently.
With the phat the hard drive height cannot be more than 9.5mm which is the of majority of the 750GB and some 1TB. I believe the slims don't have this issue but I could be wrong.

Correction: Will take any standard HDD which is 9.5mm(H) x 69.75mm(W) x 100.3mm(L)

Checked the local store yesterday after hitting the flea market. I found an 'as-is' copy of Two Worlds 2 for PS3 for $30.06, a couple copies of one of the Ben 10 games for Wii for $5 and change each and a handful of DVD's/Blu-Rays the only one of which that stood out was one of the Harry Potter movies on BR for $2.56.

I guess someone must've done some more returns of online purchases again, since that's the only time I've seen 'as-is' items on the shelf at either local store.

They also had some sort of tv box set two pack for some show(forget the name of it) for $2 something as well. Something about a restaurant staffed by wannabe actors or something. Didn't look interesting so I left it.

Checked the local store yesterday after hitting the flea market. I found an 'as-is' copy of Two Worlds 2 for PS3 for $30.06, a couple copies of one of the Ben 10 games for Wii for $5 and change each and a handful of DVD's/Blu-Rays the only one of which that stood out was one of the Harry Potter movies on BR for $2.56.

I guess someone must've done some more returns of online purchases again, since that's the only time I've seen 'as-is' items on the shelf at either local store.

They also had some sort of tv box set two pack for some show(forget the name of it) for $2 something as well. Something about a restaurant staffed by wannabe actors or something. Didn't look interesting so I left it.

You left party down for $2!? Have you lost your mind

I was browsing the PS3 section today and got excited seeing a PS3 250 GB console marked with a clearance tag with the as As Is title for $189.06. So I went to get an employee to open the shelf case to get it for me, as soon as he brought it out you can see the seal was cut and sticking out on top of the box, while the top flap of the box was dangling loose. I asked him to open it and let me inspect if everything was still intact. Everything inside was already taken apart; the foam, plastic bags that case everything, and the instruction manual were all removed leaving only the PS3, cables and a dusty controller all jammed inside loosely. He said As Is items are usually returns, I don't get how the heck did it get pass customer service and was allowed to be resold in this condition?

Out of curiosity, what store was it that had the PS3 Two World 2?

Star Trek on Xbox 360 was red tagged today from 19.99 to 13.98. (30%). It was the copy on display w/all the other games and had a red clearance sticker also underneath. 

DPCI 207-22-0865

Also had a ton of games; PS3, Xbox, Vita on the clearance racks. Nothing special and no red tags on any of them though. Really unusual because this store never has games on clearance. Finally making an effort to clear stock- but not very well. Scanned a copy of Syndicate for 360 and it came up 19.99

Didn't see a single game or game-related item on clearance, but they did have their window air-conditioners marked all the way down to 50% off, apparently trying to move them in a hurry.  Good prices if you're in the market for one.

my Target has had no video-game clearance for well over a month now.  They have 3 copies of Singularity at $27.98 and theyve been that way for months :(

Asked a reputable rep at my local store about why the electronics clearance end caps are now shovelware and MSRP junk racks, he told me because they used to clearance so much they stopped shipping large quantities to stores, so now there's more room for regular priced crap.

If anyone remembers this time last year, Target clearance was dry for months and then got crazy a week or two before Black Friday. I'm hoping it repeats again this year.

yea, saw the Star Trek last night when I was getting cat food. I am going to wait that one out a little more.

Also saw

Fifa 13 Vita $13.98

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 PS3 and 360 $13.98

SSX 360 $13.98

and some other game for 13.98 I think it was a 360 game... it was a long day and I was tired.

if someone could pick me up doom, i would reimbursh ya.

or if someone can verify that a search on the website would bring up available stores having a clearance copy that would work.

also saw madden 13 today, 13.98

if someone could pick me up doom, i would reimbursh ya.

or if someone can verify that a search on the website would bring up available stores having a clearance copy that would work.

also saw madden 13 today, 13.98

PS3 Doom

360 Doom (should work) (360 Page)

Both are showing up "We're sorry, this item is not available at this location." at most of my local targets. Oddly they are both available at the new East Liberty Store in Pittsburgh, I would expect that to be the last one to have old games.

Star Trek was the only clearance game I saw today.

C'mon Target. When are you going to finally clearance those PSPs?
You could get lucky and find a great As-Is deal like this one (if you are wondering...these are the kind of deals I always find around here):

gallery_137824_8230_182694.jpg

A close up of the amazing price:

gallery_137824_8230_12706.jpg

Very little on clearance at my store, but do keep an eye out. Many games are labeled NCF which is Non Carry Forward games, meaning that they will be clearanced out shortly when the isles are reset. Could be soon, however it could be when the new consoles launch. Hard to say, but good thing to keep an eye on because they scan weekly.

Take a look at your store at the NCF games and plan Em out! :whistle2:D

Very little on clearance at my store, but do keep an eye out. Many games are labeled NCF which is Non Carry Forward games, meaning that they will be clearanced out shortly when the isles are reset. Could be soon, however it could be when the new consoles launch. Hard to say, but good thing to keep an eye on because they scan weekly.

Take a look at your store at the NCF games and plan Em out! :whistle2:D
All of the slots where the games with the NCF tags were are empty at my store. Then again, they just did a reset not too long ago and put the PS3 games where the 360 ones were and vice versa.

I wonder if maybe they have all of them sitting in the back and they would come up cheap on clearance since they've been NCF tagged for a while(even the God Of War Ascension CE).

As for the cag looking for the dcpi #'s

207-21-0010
207-21-0016
207-21-0018

Are the xbox bundles
anyone know where SW bundle (0010) is discounted? sacramento (madison), ca location has 3 @ $399.99 ea. price/ qty check by phone, so unsure of pkg config/ contents. wasn't this ~$450 MSRP? TIA.

what does the 'NCF' tag look like: is it that grey dot? TIA.

anyone know where SW bundle (0010) is discounted? sacramento (madison), ca location has 3 @ $399.99 ea. price/ qty check by phone, so unsure of pkg config/ contents. wasn't this ~$450 MSRP? TIA.

what does the 'NCF' tag look like: is it that grey dot? TIA.
For example, the tag will say NCF XBOX 360 HALO 4

The gray dot means it's out of stock and has been researched, and should be on order.

They'll have to make space in November for the PS4 and XB1 games and accessories, that should lead to, hopefully, a nice one-time clearance bubble.

Vita- FIFA 13 - 13.98

I had a Target B2g1 so I bought that and Ratchet and Clank on sale for $19.99 and got Diablo 3 for Xbox 360 free. I love that glitch in their system, first time doing it though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back