Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
The other night I saw Resident Evil 6 Archives in the display case but when it was scanned, it was 89.99. Is this correct? How is it still in the system?

I have stop checking for these games on clearance because there's sooo many cheapassgamers here in SoCal thats why I never find anything!
Don't give up man, we are lucky that we have more then +20 Targets in SoCal, you are bound to find a store and get lucky. I can help you out if I run into something you are looking for.

Anyways, it looks like clearance games are trickling out a little again, what I saw the last few days:

:360: Harley Pasternak's Hollywood Workout $1.56
:ps3: Tekken Tag Tournament $9.98
:360: Star Trek $9.98
:360: Syndicate $5.06
:wii: Wii Party $19.98
:pc: Homefront $7.56
:pc: Rage Anarchy Edition $.9.98

I also saw some strategy guides:
Max Payne 3 $5.06
Mario Party 9 $5.06

I have stop checking for these games on clearance because there's sooo many cheapassgamers here in SoCal thats why I never find anything!
See the successful way to get clearance items is network with CAGs. Its easy to get more here in So.Cal from doing this. I work with a few CAGs and they are in different parts of So.Cal so if we find anything good we call each other and see if they are interested. If you don't find anything at your Target keep checking cause your bound to find something. The good thing about So.Cal is there are so many Targets around you should hit a Home Run eventually.

See the successful way to get clearance items is network with CAGs. Its easy to get more here in So.Cal from doing this. I work with a few CAGs and they are in different parts of So.Cal so if we find anything good we call each other and see if they are interested. If you don't find anything at your Target keep checking cause your bound to find something. The good thing about So.Cal is there are so many Targets around you should hit a Home Run eventually.

So that's why my local Targets are always cleaned out. ;)

So that's why my local Targets are always cleaned out. ;)
Well I haven't found anything good in the longest. Just helps having more eyes out there looking for deals. I got some out of state help in Texas also which helps out. There's plenty of times of striking out but never hurts to check when passing by a Target.

I tried to do this with the Chicago crew about 4 years ago, but I couldnt get anyone to do it.

I tried to do this with the Chicago crew about 4 years ago, but I couldnt get anyone to do it.
I try to post as much as I can in my area but ever since my job moved to a new building I don't go to Target that much. Also I haven't seen any clearance in a while so I don't even bother.

Lol thats crazy I knew there was crews running around doing this shit...  I live in So. Cal as well and if I dont check these things early in the morning before anyone goes stuff seems to get swept.  I dont really even try anymore because I waste my time doing this.  Seems people grab everything before I even get a chance

Lol thats crazy I knew there was crews running around doing this shit... I live in So. Cal as well and if I dont check these things early in the morning before anyone goes stuff seems to get swept. I dont really even try anymore because I waste my time doing this. Seems people grab everything before I even get a chance
I haven't found or gotten anything good on clearance for the longest. Just easier helping each other out finding deals. The soccer moms are the one you need to worry. I saw one once and she gave me a look like I was coming to steal from her as she was loading most of the clearance games in her cart.

I haven't found or gotten anything good on clearance for the longest. Just easier helping each other out finding deals. The soccer moms are the one you need to worry. I saw one once and she gave me a look like I was coming to steal from her as she was loading most of the clearance games in her cart.
Ive dealt with those already, I just give them the same exact look that they give me and I take the items I see

I never find anything on clearance at our surrounding Targets. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or if they just don't ever get that much of a selection.

Those are definitely the worse. I collect G.I. Joe, Transformers, and Marvel action figures and every time there is a clearance they always go to Target at opening and clear everything on the shelves and load up in multiple carts, and all of them are only re-selling them for profit.

Lol thats crazy I knew there was crews running around doing this shit... I live in So. Cal as well and if I dont check these things early in the morning before anyone goes stuff seems to get swept. I dont really even try anymore because I waste my time doing this. Seems people grab everything before I even get a chance

SoCal represent! I know there are a few CAGs in my area as well. It's getting hard to get deals because of this nowadays. :(

Wow so many SoCal CAGs, we should form a group!

Someone should start a chat group, we can't form groups in new car anymore. Its kinda lame but, whatever. I'm always down to grab things for people if needed. I check target frequently.

Those are definitely the worse. I collect G.I. Joe, Transformers, and Marvel action figures and every time there is a clearance they always go to Target at opening and clear everything on the shelves and load up in multiple carts, and all of them are only re-selling them for profit.
Yeah I've given up on Gi Joe and SW stuff at target. It is gone the moment it drops.

Yeah I've given up on Gi Joe and SW stuff at target. It is gone the moment it drops.

Who would collect the new GI Joe stuff? It's so shitty.

Someone should start a chat group, we can't form groups in new car anymore. Its kinda lame but, whatever. I'm always down to grab things for people if needed. I check target frequently.
The CAG forum doesn't have a social groups feature? How do we start a chat group? Lets form a SoCal CAG club.

Joe collectors on CAG! Awesome!

The bad distribution for G.I. Joe since the POC/30TH Anniversary line has killed my interest through.

Who would collect the new GI Joe stuff? It's so shitty.
Well I can't turn down the Retaliation H.I.S.S. Tank when its on clearance for $5. I only have 5 H.I.S.S. Tanks in my collection, so the more the merrier for my Cobra army.

30asuhh.jpg

I'd be up for this as well, I'm always down to grab stuff for a fellow CAG if they can't find a deal in their area or something; and it'll be nice to have someone help me out if I can't find anything either, heh.

I thought CAG used to have an option for groups. Did they nix that?

I'd be up for this as well, I'm always down to grab stuff for a fellow CAG if they can't find a deal in their area or something; and it'll be nice to have someone help me out if I can't find anything either, heh.

I thought CAG used to have an option for groups. Did they nix that?
the groups are gone, that is why there is so much flip talk in threads now.

Somewhat off topic, but perhaps useful to some.  Target has most of their fans, including the Vornado brand, on clearance for 30-50% off.  Great prices on the Vornados in particular. 

Anyways, it looks like clearance games are trickling out a little again, what I saw the last few days:

:ps3: Tekken Tag Tournament $9.98
---
I have not gone to Target in weeks....Have a lot of you been finding Tekken Tag tournament at your local Target?

I have not gone to Target in weeks....Have a lot of you been finding Tekken Tag tournament at your local Target?
They are pretty much gone at my area. Some cities have different prices through; Pasadena dropped to $9.98 last week and they are all gone, while over at the Whittwood Mall they still have them and are still at $13.98.

I also found Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3) for $9.98. Also picked up an "as is" copy of  Start the Party (PS3) for $1.56 for the kids.

I saw three "as is" copies of Brink (PS3) for $5.06 each, but left them there. 

I, too, saw the same Tekken TT2 for $9.98.

Only checked because this thread has been getting bumped. As much as I go to Target, I've been forgetting to check. Target's been so dry for gaming.

Btw, SD posted 2 coupons to get a free candy bar at Target. It's soooooo good!!!!!!!!!! Try the strawberry cheese cake one!

Google the thread:"Free Lindt Hello My Name is Chocolate bars at Target"

Well today I found 4 or 5 "As Is" Need for Speed The Run on Wii for $5.06.  Not much else.

3 Mass Effect 3 CE's also showed up at $19.99 last week, picked up 2 of them and sold them for $45 each on Amazon.  Cant go wrong with that.

Saw 3 White Vizio 24" 1080p LED smart TVs marked to $139 at the Bedford NH Target. Almost bought one to use my ps3 in another room.

Anyone have the dcpi for this?

Related to what Slowdive mentioned.  I have some of those left over 2 packs of Transformers that clearanced a while back if anyone would be interested.  I did not hoard, my son cannot transform the guys he has.  To save myself some aggravation I picked up two packs of some of the guys he had so that he would not repeatedly ask me to transform them back and forth.  There are some that he did not open so if anyone was looking for those, please let me know.   

Today's find:

:ps3:  SSX  $5.98

:xbox:  Batman Arkham City GOTY Platinum Hits  $5.98   207-22-0816

:xbox:  Star Trek  $5.98   207-22-0865

Also had :ps3: Resident Evil 6 and :ps3: Hitman Absolution at the 30% clearance level of $13.98, plus a stack of :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood at 50% clearance of $9.98.

Maybe there's hope for Target clearance yet, this is the best I've seen in months.  All these games were good old-fashioned clearance items that follow the 30%, 50%, 70% clearance schedule, not the 6-month drought of B.S. "repackage" or "as is" of a couple random garbage games that never drop in price.

I haven't seen much for games on clearance, but in the last two weeks I've seen a TON more clearance items. Notably, lots of Pink Floyd and Beatles vinyl for $6.98.

Today's find:

:ps3: SSX $5.98
:xbox: Batman Arkham City GOTY Platinum Hits $5.98 207-22-0816
:xbox: Star Trek $5.98 207-22-0865

Also had :ps3: Resident Evil 6 and :ps3: Hitman Absolution at the 30% clearance level of $13.98, plus a stack of :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood at 50% clearance of $9.98.

Maybe there's hope for Target clearance yet, this is the best I've seen in months. All these games were good old-fashioned clearance items that follow the 30%, 50%, 70% clearance schedule, not the 6-month drought of B.S. "repackage" or "as is" of a couple random garbage games that never drop in price.
This is delightful news, thanks.

FIFA 13 (PS VITA) $5.98 dropping this week ;)

PS. Also spotted Mega Man ZX (DS) $7.48  (4-5 Years old game) but the computer 10/16.   Can't sell it to me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back