Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cape Girardeau, MO had some PS Vita accessories and a few games on clearance.

Also had Generator Rex (3ds?) and some Pokemon Wii game for cheap.

Nothing I was interested in, but always worth a look.

Whole store seemed light on clearance, guess a lot of people are poaching it for gifts this late in the game.

how do you check the dcpi on the checkers that are all touch screen and do not have the keyboard on the right side?
Those units usually have 4 buttons on the bottom of them, hit the 4th button (furthest right button). If the unit is working properly, it should bring up a screen on the touch screen that allows you to manually punch in the DPCI and hit enter. Note that every single one that I've used, once you enter a DPCI and get the results, the next attempt to bring up that screen by hitting the 4th button will cause it to exit too quickly to enter the DPCI, so you have to hit the 4th button again to bring it up and enter the next DPCI properly.

Do you usually have any luck in the DFW stores? I've never found anything worthwhile, usually just bad DS games. Must be a lot of CAGs in our neighborhoods.
Yes I actually got the mw3 bundle this summer in burleson. They had quite a few then actually. No luck on the Xbox one at best buy, maybe when GameStop clearance it if they do mark it down to used.

I was able to get a PS3 version of the Assassin's Creed 4 Collector's Edition for $32.98 today.  They wouldn't let me do a return/rebuy, but they found another copy on the floor.  So, they returned mine, rebought the one from the back of the store, and they put that one out for sale again.  

A silly process, but I got what I wanted at the price I wanted.  

Did my return/rebuy using the payment trick. Apparently they can only change the payment method automatically if you have the receipt, I didn't have it so she returned and rebought the items. I took care to remove the clearance stickers before I went into the store, so this is YMMV.

Did my return/rebuy using the payment trick. Apparently they can only change the payment method automatically if you have the receipt, I didn't have it so she returned and rebought the items. I took care to remove the clearance stickers before I went into the store, so this is YMMV.
Yeah, they weren't going to let me do any return/rebuy. They said it would have to "go through processing" and it wouldn't be available to rebuy until later that night. Thankfully the guy in electronics didn't want the ones that were obviously being held in the back for employees, so that I got one of those.

not entirely the right thread for this but I'm sure some readers will appreciate it anyway.

I bought some $1.99 picture frames at Target tonight and had 2 $5 off $50 purchase coupons print out.  Coupons only state they cant be used for gift cards and Target Mobile purchases so they should be fair game on video games, consoles, and accessories.  Hopefully others can get it to print out as well (my purchase total was well under $50 so you shouldnt need to spend much for it to kick in).  Happy Hunting!

I got a $10 off $100+ more yesterday but not sure what the fine print read since I'm not interested in spending over 100 bucks at the moment.

Those units usually have 4 buttons on the bottom of them, hit the 4th button (furthest right button). If the unit is working properly, it should bring up a screen on the touch screen that allows you to manually punch in the DPCI and hit enter. Note that every single one that I've used, once you enter a DPCI and get the results, the next attempt to bring up that screen by hitting the 4th button will cause it to exit too quickly to enter the DPCI, so you have to hit the 4th button again to bring it up and enter the next DPCI properly.
If you want to look stranger if it's not working properly you unplug the ethernet cable from the back and put it back in and the system should reboot and should be working properly. Word of warning, it takes a while for it to reboot!

I still have a Target Buy 2 Get 30% Off coupon and no idea what to use it on. Nothing in this week's ad looks great, but it expires in two weeks.

If you want to look stranger if it's not working properly you unplug the ethernet cable from the back and put it back in and the system should reboot and should be working properly. Word of warning, it takes a while for it to reboot!
I found that the ones closer to the toys and video games would not let you click the right button to pull it up but the ones by the bath towels worked fine.

I got a $10 off $100+ more yesterday but not sure what the fine print read since I'm not interested in spending over 100 bucks at the moment.
I had one that expired yesterday, I really shoulda used it when I did my B2G1 on PS4 games. I had planned to buy my new TV through Target but that didnt end up happening.

On topic, no drops at my Target today. Somebody also snatched the $8.98 Sonic All Stars for Vita.

Thanks Skiizim, I'll be sure and keep that in mind. Although I normally just find the next scanner and try it out until I come across one that is functioning properly...

I still have a Target Buy 2 Get 30% Off coupon and no idea what to use it on. Nothing in this week's ad looks great, but it expires in two weeks.
Use it on two of the ACIV L.E.'s on clearance at 70% off, naturally! Assuming you can find them of course...

Found a copy of mario galaxy 2 for $2.26. If target has catacombs of forgotten products in their stockroom then that must be where this gem of a find came from. The only one by the way. I'm guessing this is very ymmv. Considering I bought this game used for $30 at GameStop a few days ago. An early Christmas gift to me. That used copy I got is surely going back. How foolish of me to buy a used copy of this game for $30. Happy holidays everyone!

Found a copy of mario galaxy 2 for $2.26. If target has catacombs of forgotten products in their stockroom then that must be where this gem of a find came from. The only one by the way. I'm guessing this is very ymmv. Considering I bought this game used for $30 at GameStop a few days ago. An early Christmas gift to me. That used copy I got is surely going back. How foolish of me to buy a used copy of this game for $30. Happy holidays everyone!
funny thing about that is the original price before the AS-IS price. must have been back there for a long time.

funny thing about that is the original price before the AS-IS price. must have been back there for a long time.
It must have been lost or someone hid it a while back. Because honestly the price before the as-is price is also a steal. I would have jumped on that price also.

2k Essentials Collection (Bioshock, Borderlands and XCOM: Enemy Unknown) for PS3 for $8.98 on clearance, was the only one, makes a great gift for my brother at this price though.

I found a PSP 3000 like that earlier this year for $30. Was the special Target one with Twisted Metal and some other game. Just appeared one day in the case as is.

All the stores I went to today had crap. I went to 7 stores today and only thing worth noting was an UP band for 30-something dollars in East L.A. on Whittier.

Saw Ratchet and Clank collection for $8.98 but already have it.

also saw

Crysis 3 Hunter edition PS3 $8.98

bioshock ultimate rapture xbox $8.98

mortal kombat komplete xbox $5.98

It's getting bad when I really can't remember which games I already have as I sift through clearance.

also saw

It's getting bad when I really can't remember which games I already have as I sift through clearance.

also saw

Try using the Game Collectorz software from www.collectorz.com. I have been using this software for more than 10 years and there is an iPhone/iPad app to go with it now. I use it for movies, games, CDs and Books. They have separate software for each type of item. Check it out. I could not live without these apps.

Try using the Game Collectorz software from www.collectorz.com. I have been using this software for more than 10 years and there is an iPhone/iPad app to go with it now. I use it for movies, games, CDs and Books. They have separate software for each type of item. Check it out. I could not live without these apps.
Here is an example from my phone:

Hey all! First actual post (if this goes through bc i was never able to before for some reason). No luck whatsoever on finding AC IV CE in my Targets. One of the guys who usually checks the DCPIs looked and said there were none whatsoever in our area. I kinda gave up on it but since everyone seems to be still finding them...would anyone be willing to pick up a PS3 version for me at the $32.98 price? I would be happy to pay shipping and whatever can be worked out for your troubles! Let me know. Thanks guys!

Yep lost out on 2 ACIV collectors in my area. They were sitting at $90 then they dropped seems like on Monday lady told me some guy came in and snatched them up ASAP. Ahh well hopefully i can grab one down the road from BB or someplace else. 

Not necessarily through. Back in July Asura's Wrath for :360: had been all clearanced out and I found one a few weeks after in August labelled Was $8.98 but As Is for $2.26.
I think As Is is intended to get rid of something right away that has already been deleted from their inventory system, it could most likely have been just a return. I coincidentally did a test a few weeks ago and returned a clearanced strategy guide for Mavel Vs. Capcom 3 that I bought from another Target and to a Target that didn't have it and within a week it was on the clearance shelf with the As Is label for $1.26.

I think someone said the clearance person or manager has a lot of leeway to make up whatever starting price they want for an as-is item.  Sometimes great for us, other times they have no idea how overpriced they made it.

Yesterday I found Cod: Ghosts DIGITAL double pack on Xbox One and 360 for 20 bucks. It was to good to pass up. Unfortunately both "copies" are tied to a single gamertag.  

Not too sure of this but will put it up. Went to Target today. In the value games section ($19.99 and under) I saw some copies of Metal Ger Solid HD Collection for the Vita. Was in a hurry so did not check the price, also had no label on or under it. Not sure if it really is $19. Might go back to check.

Anyone willing to help a brother out? I really would like to get a copy of that limited edition AC IV for ps3 if possible! Again, I'm completely willing to pay shipping and arrange something for your help. Thanks!!

Not necessarily through. Back in July Asura's Wrath for :360: had been all clearanced out and I found one a few weeks after in August labelled Was $8.98 but As Is for $2.26.
I think As Is is intended to get rid of something right away that has already been deleted from their inventory system, it could most likely have been just a return. I coincidentally did a test a few weeks ago and returned a clearanced strategy guide for Mavel Vs. Capcom 3 that I bought from another Target and to a Target that didn't have it and within a week it was on the clearance shelf with the As Is label for $1.26.
well, this particular game hasn't been at target for some time I believe. As-Is typically is for "damaged" merchandise or as you said stuff that is not in the system. And judging by the last time I saw MS2 in a target, it should have been cleared out a long time ago.

hopefully you bought the guide back and AW. as-is pricing is the shit!

Anyone willing to help a brother out? I really would like to get a copy of that limited edition AC IV for ps3 if possible! Again, I'm completely willing to pay shipping and arrange something for your help. Thanks!!
please, stop begging (this being your second post?) as it doesn't help. I am sure that someone will let you know if they find it without posting every 12 hours or so. I personally never saw an ACIV LE at a target in the greater Pittsburgh area, and this thread is all about YMMV. For the price, most people will just flip or horde the thing. haven't you checked the DCPI or looked at any targets around your area?

back on topic- nothing of great significance today, except 2 LE Assassins Creed III PS3...for the retail price of 119.99 :whistle2:k

also, I saw about a bakers dozen Xbone consoles at a target today and one at the kmart I went to. Gibsonia PA for any 412 CAGS interested.

well, this particular game hasn't been at target for some time I believe. As-Is typically is for "damaged" merchandise or as you said stuff that is not in the system. And judging by the last time I saw MS2 in a target, it should have been cleared out a long time ago.

hopefully you bought the guide back and AW. as-is pricing is the shit!

please, stop begging (this being your second post?) as it doesn't help. I am sure that someone will let you know if they find it without posting every 12 hours or so. I personally never saw an ACIV LE at a target in the greater Pittsburgh area, and this thread is all about YMMV. For the price, most people will just flip or horde the thing. haven't you checked the DCPI or looked at any targets around your area?

back on topic- nothing of great significance today, except 2 LE Assassins Creed III PS3...for the retail price of 119.99 :whistle2:k

also, I saw about a bakers dozen Xbone consoles at a target today and one at the kmart I went to. Gibsonia PA for any 412 CAGS interested.
The North Huntingdon/Irwin Target had both PS3 and 360 AC4LE. PS3 vanished last week and the two 360 copies were gone when I went in today. Both versions had hit 3x.xx. The thing that annoys me is the online locator still shows the 360 in stock, yet I couldn't even get the lady working electronics to check the count on the handheld. She wasn't a regular electronics employee and was a total bitch about it.

The case they were in had a few XB1 consoles, so for all anyone knows, they just moved them elsewhere, in back, etc. Or they could have been snatched up and the online locator is just nerfed.

And yeah, as I said, this Target also has quite a few XB1 in-stock as well.

The North Huntingdon/Irwin Target had both PS3 and 360 AC4LE. PS3 vanished last week and the two 360 copies were gone when I went in today. Both versions had hit 3x.xx. The thing that annoys me is the online locator still shows the 360 in stock, yet I couldn't even get the lady working electronics to check the count on the handheld. She wasn't a regular electronics employee and was a total bitch about it.

The case they were in had a few XB1 consoles, so for all anyone knows, they just moved them elsewhere, in back, etc. Or they could have been snatched up and the online locator is just nerfed.

And yeah, as I said, this Target also has quite a few XB1 in-stock as well.
just goes to show ya, all those fools clogging up CL with overpriced XBones are just jerks trying to take advantage.

Too bad you couldn't grab that AC IV. I guess check back in a few when a nice person may be working? do they update the online locator at the end of the day like Gamestop or as merchandise is sold?

just goes to show ya, all those fools clogging up CL with overpriced XBones are just jerks trying to take advantage.

Too bad you couldn't grab that AC IV. I guess check back in a few when a nice person may be working? do they update the online locator at the end of the day like Gamestop or as merchandise is sold?
That I don't know. It may be end of the day, it may take a day or two.. who knows. It just would have been nice of her to check, since the handhelds usually update in real time.

I guess it's a good thing, because I really didn't need to spend the money or add more swag to my already cluttered shelves. :lol:

San Bruno Target in Tanforan had MLB The Show 13 for the PS Vita $8.98 and a shit ton of PS4s for retail price of course, but nonetheless they were in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back