Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
:wiiu: Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge $29.98
PS Vita Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed $4.54 - Wow, first time I saw a game hit 80% clearance!
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed for vita is free for PS Plus today if you're a member. Definitely worth the price if you're not or want a physical copy, though.

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed for vita is free for PS Plus today if you're a member. Definitely worth the price if you're not or want a physical copy, though.

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't buy it through, I don't have a PS Vita.

How do the return and rebuys work? I wanted to go buy ghosts combo pack normal price and go to a store that has the clearance mark down. Is it ok if the store has none in stock or does it need one instore to work? Just tell csr I want to return and rebuy it?

never have I known someone (either while I worked in retail or not) that didn't internally roll their eyes when a customer addressed them by the name on their name tag. It may very well be that most people in retail enjoy it, but that hasn't been my experience.
I hated this back in the day when I worked in retail.

Should be an influx of "as is" and "online item" merchandise popping up with all the Christmas returns. Keep a look out the next few days, you could find some bargains.

Should be an influx of "as is" and "online item" merchandise popping up with all the Christmas returns. Keep a look out the next few days, you could find some bargains.
I was pondering this earlier today. Anyone think that Xbones and PS4s may be 30% off as repack/as-is if people returned them?

Anyone know if Tekken 6 or 007 Legends have ever been clearanced at Target?
Tekken 6 :ps3: definitely was (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/294924-the-bona-fide-target-clearance-thread-xx-is-now-closed/page-94#entry10148678), don't know that I've ever seen 007, although it was $5 at bby once this year.

Generally if you search for 'cag target clearance <game name>' in google you can find out in the first page of results if it's ever been mentioned in a target clearance thread.

Saw Rayman LEGENDS for Vita at Van Nuys CA for 19.98

207 20 0908
http://i.imgur.com/25N9jdQ.jpg

I wasn't sure if good deal or not so I didn't pick it up.

***** Also if a Mod sees this, Can they help me get basic editing features? I can't Bold, Italic, Strikeout, Change font size, embed pictures/links***

I was pondering this earlier today. Anyone think that Xbones and PS4s may be 30% off as repack/as-is if people returned them?
slight possibility, saw this today hanging locked up instead of on an endcap:

jai8ud.jpg

It's extremely unlikely (near 0% chance) that a just launched $400/$500 console is going to be anywhere remotely near 30% off. If someone finds it then the AP people at that store should be fired.

A lot of Online Items, mostly clearance PC games.

:360: Zumba Fitness Core $20.06
:pc: Tera $7.96
:wii: Phineas and Ferb Quest for Cool Stuff $14.06
:pc: Might & Magic Heroes VI $12.56
:pc: Rift $8.06
:ds: Bratz Fashion Boutique $7.48
:3ds: Rayman Origins $20.98

Was able to do a return rebuy for the ghosts digital combo pack bought it at a store that had it for retail price in the country. Returned it same day in the city at a clearance with one missing in stock got it for 20 each. The lady looked puzzled but let me take it regardless. Sweet!

It's like they took every game off clearance for the holidays at my Targets.  I saw Ghost Recon Shadow Wars for 3DS 3 weeks ago for $7.98 and it's been $20 since last week Sunday.

Picked up a :wiiu: FIFA 13 for $4.58. It was 90% off. Hadn't seen that before.
Hmm I already own FIFA 14 on xbox and pc, but this might be worth looking at next time i go to target just to play on the gamepad

How much does the Madden 07 PC cost?

coopscohen said:
Picked up a :wiiu: FIFA 13 for $4.58. It was 90% off. Hadn't seen that before.
Hah - I bought one for the (normally lowest) 70% off price of $17.98. I decided after a few weeks there was no way I wanted it for that much and returned it. I should see if it went back out at $4.58. But if so, it probably got bought by now.

Back in the good ol' days of Target clearance, stuff used to hit 90% off all the time though.

Hah - I bought one for the (normally lowest) 70% off price of $17.98. I decided after a few weeks there was no way I wanted it for that much and returned it. I should see if it went back out at $4.58. But if so, it probably got bought by now.

Back in the good ol' days of Target clearance, stuff used to hit 90% off all the time though.
Seeing stuff at 90% off happened often enough near me (although not 'all the time'), then it completely dried up so I just got used to the most being 75%. Then they switched to the 30-50-70 scale and now I've adjusted to 70% being the most. Hopefully no new changes this year, it's bad enough that they've improved slightly at inventory management.

I expect a truckload of clearance in January / February considering at least two of my stores have an entire front register endcap full of games that have nowhere to go now but the stockroom. Here's hoping at least!

not video game, but my target had the X-Wing Miniatures Game on clearance for $19.98. we picked one up and it seems really fun, but it only comes with 3 ships (1 x-wing, 2 tie fighters) so i think im going to go back and pick up another one tomorrow to get a more interesting game going. if anyones into tabletop gaming its well worth checking out, especially if youre also a Star Wars fan.

just know that if you only buy the base game youre not getting enough to really play the game for long. youll definitely be on the hook for more base sets and various expansion ships at some point (probably sooner rather than later).

Ya know what I found in the Target clearance this week? Jack and Shit, for the fantastic price of wasting my time.

I did find a copy of Persona 4 Arena (PS3) in the "Used" section, had to grab that. I don't even know why they have a used section at most stores, its just a shelf for Hanna Montana/Zak and Cody shovelware games to collect dust.

I thought about driving to a somewhat-distant Target just to pass the time, but since this thread's been a near-total ghost town this week, I think that tells me all I need to know.

I did reap one nifty benefit from the 90% off Xmas stuff, though: a $20 portable vacuum for $2, last one left too. Even if it breaks within the year, that beats having to shell out a buck fifty to rush an unwieldy hose around the van before time runs out.

I shall preface this post by saying I don't remember what store this was at. On a typical day I visit anywhere from four through six Target locations.

Saw this a day or 2 ago. So it has to have been either in L.A.( Westwood, South L.A. Culver City) or the S.G.V.ish (Pasadena, Alhambra, Glendale, Eagle Rock)

aoQZ6AL.jpg

I shall preface this post by saying I don't remember what store this was at. On a typical day I visit anywhere from four through six Target locations.

Saw this a day or 2 ago. So it has to have been either in L.A.( Westwood, South L.A. Culver City) or the S.G.V.ish (Pasadena, Alhambra, Glendale, Eagle Rock)

aoQZ6AL.jpg
Must be nice not to worry about gas.

Saw this a day or 2 ago. So it has to have been either in L.A.( Westwood, South L.A. Culver City) or the S.G.V.ish (Pasadena, Alhambra, Glendale,

not video game, but my target had the X-Wing Miniatures Game on clearance for $19.98. we picked one up and it seems really fun, but it only comes with 3 ships (1 x-wing, 2 tie fighters) so i think im going to go back and pick up another one tomorrow to get a more interesting game going. if anyones into tabletop gaming its well worth checking out, especially if youre also a Star Wars fan.

just know that if you only buy the base game youre not getting enough to really play the game for long. youll definitely be on the hook for more base sets and various expansion ships at some point (probably sooner rather than later).
update: yea this game is basically star wars skylanders. i had to talk myself out of dropping like another $100 dollars last night. so dont buy it unless you have some disposable income sitting around lol.

Is Target able to check their inventory if I call them with a SKU?

The three closest Targets from me are 45 miles away, each in a different direction. And I don't have the extra gas money, or time, to drive around looking for a particular video game.

Is Target able to check their inventory if I call them with a SKU?

The three closest Targets from me are 45 miles away, each in a different direction. And I don't have the extra gas money, or time, to drive around looking for a particular video game.
Yeah, you can usually call, ask to speak to customer service (not electronics lest they snipe the item from your loving grasp), and ask them if they can look up a dpci to see if it's in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back