Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
update: yea this game is basically star wars skylanders. i had to talk myself out of dropping like another $100 dollars last night. so dont buy it unless you have some disposable income sitting around lol.
I picked the game up at Star Wars Celebration when they were first promoting it. My kids were hooked on it at the demo booth, so I got it with a few expansion ships from my convention budget. They were really into playing it for a while, the additional ships do open up new play. That being said, it's been in the box for a while.

I grabbed a $9.99 Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars  :3ds:  with a Mario themed stylus attached to the game case. They had the same package going on for  :3ds:  Tetris Axis ,  :3ds:  Shinobi and one other title that I can't remember the name of now. I don't know if this was clearance or a sale, but regardless I thought it was a decent deal considering Ghost Recon had some good reviews...

I picked the game up at Star Wars Celebration when they were first promoting it. My kids were hooked on it at the demo booth, so I got it with a few expansion ships from my convention budget. They were really into playing it for a while, the additional ships do open up new play. That being said, it's been in the box for a while.
yea i can definitely see where the new ships would add variety to what you can do, dont get me wrong. but im not a miniature gamer so im not used to spending $10-15 for one single little plastic ship. the cost/benefit ratio is all out of whack for this thing, even if its cheap for a miniatures game comparatively. that said, im going to buy another base set and then depending on how much we end up playing that probably another couple ships later on. the game itself seems quite fun.

yea i can definitely see where the new ships would add variety to what you can do, dont get me wrong. but im not a miniature gamer so im not used to spending $10-15 for one single little plastic ship. the cost/benefit ratio is all out of whack for this thing, even if its cheap for a miniatures game comparatively. that said, im going to buy another base set and then depending on how much we end up playing that probably another couple ships later on. the game itself seems quite fun.
The other thing to keep in mind is that ships can have different pilots, so even the same ship can play differently. Two basic sets will go a long way, especially since you're picking up extra playing material like distance markers and dice.

I grabbed a $9.99 Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars :3ds: with a Mario themed stylus attached to the game case. They had the same package going on for :3ds: Tetris Axis , :3ds: Shinobi and one other title that I can't remember the name of now. I don't know if this was clearance or a sale, but regardless I thought it was a decent deal considering Ghost Recon had some good reviews...
If you like the XCom style of games (the originals,) you'll love Ghost Recon.

It is a turn-based strategy like Fire Emblem. That's the only comparasion.
Hmm. Well, either way it was only $10. I jumped on Sticker Star for the same price and enjoyed the game because I only paid $10 for it. Thanks for the info!

Found spiderman edge of time 3ds for about 8 bucks, and Skyward Sword for 13 with an AS IS sticker. Looked perfectly fine to me though.

Anyone have any thoughts on edge of time 3ds? I'm tempted but know nothing about it.

No video game clearence at my Target but lots of other stuff. Picked up a tabletop billiards set for 9.98. Somebody bought the $70 tent I was watching though (marked down from $220ish).

Wasn't me... we're looking at one of those as well.
I had hoped it would be there last night so I could convince my girlfriend it was worthwhile. We started an annual camping trip for 4th of July last year and it would have been nice to have our own tent this year. Maybe another one will pop up.

Just picked this one up at the City Target a block away from my work (downtown Portland, OR), and am fairly happy about it!

IMG_20140110_123216_616_zpsry3hdc86.jpg

Went to Target today to pick up a Nook I bought and decided to try and browse the clearance isle. Unfortunately since I never go in Target, I couldn't figure out if there was a specific clearance isle or if people are just posting what's in the regular game isles.

Although I did find that my store had 2 PS4's in the locked case, was pretty surprised given how hard they're supposedly to find.

No video game clearence at my Target but lots of other stuff. Picked up a tabletop billiards set for 9.98. Somebody bought the $70 tent I was watching though (marked down from $220ish).
Just keep watching. Every store is clearing them out. Picked up a really nice Eddie Bauer 10 person/pet room/porch something tent a couple of years back for 75% off... It's... still in the box. At my parent's house. :( My 5 year old may get somewhat amenable to camping eventually, though. I'd love to take him.

not video game, but my target had the X-Wing Miniatures Game on clearance for $19.98. we picked one up and it seems really fun, but it only comes with 3 ships (1 x-wing, 2 tie fighters) so i think im going to go back and pick up another one tomorrow to get a more interesting game going. if anyones into tabletop gaming its well worth checking out, especially if youre also a Star Wars fan.

just know that if you only buy the base game youre not getting enough to really play the game for long. youll definitely be on the hook for more base sets and various expansion ships at some point (probably sooner rather than later).
I grabbed this today as well on a whim. Not sure if I'll get around to playing it, but thought it might be fun to try out.

Just keep watching. Every store is clearing them out. Picked up a really nice Eddie Bauer 10 person/pet room/porch something tent a couple of years back for 75% off... It's... still in the box. At my parent's house. :( My 5 year old may get somewhat amenable to camping eventually, though. I'd love to take him.
Yeah, there are two that my wife and I are looking at but they are both still at the 30% clearance price and it's just not enough for us. We love camping and have a decent tent, but my wife would like a larger one so the four of us are not all crowded in.

I grabbed this today as well on a whim. Not sure if I'll get around to playing it, but thought it might be fun to try out.
if youre interested and if the game is cheap enough for you to justify it id go ahead and grab another base set while you can. the three ships in the box just arent enough to get a very interesting battle going. the 2 x-wings and 4 tie fighters you get from 2 base sets are enough to have a lot of fun though, from my limited experience so far.

edit: you can definitely have fun with just the one base set, so try that out first heh. but i promise after a game or two youll already know that you need more.

That's 13.98 too much. I got a free Redbox rental code over the weekend and used it for the 360 version, and I want my money back.
Agreed. I bought it from GameStop used and returned it the next day cause it was awful. The first 3DS game is great, but this one was garbage.

if youre interested and if the game is cheap enough for you to justify it id go ahead and grab another base set while you can. the three ships in the box just arent enough to get a very interesting battle going. the 2 x-wings and 4 tie fighters you get from 2 base sets are enough to have a lot of fun though, from my limited experience so far.

edit: you can definitely have fun with just the one base set, so try that out first heh. but i promise after a game or two youll already know that you need more.
Someone else bought the other one while I was there. The two copies they had were pretty hidden in the clearance section. I might check to see if it's at another store.

How many ships do you need to make it a 3 or 4 player game (or is that even possible?)

its possible but for that you might want to see about splitting the cost up heh. but with two base sets you could still probably do a 4 player. one side would have 1 x-wing each, and the other would have 2 tie fighters each. and then once you had your fun with that you could look at buying a couple more ships (millienium falcon/slave 1 seems to be a popular second purchase step).

No games in the clearance bin here today.  Just a whole stack of the Target exclusive vinyl deluxe edition of the newest Justin Timberlake album and a bunch of miniature Billboard magazine things with an included CD compilation.

oh i forgot, there were a bunch of copies of ninja gaiden 3 wii u for $17.98 today too, but they were on a clearance andcap in the toy section. my store got rid of the clearance end cap in the electronics section i think.

Found some bose pc speakers for $49.98, had a note on there to take an additional 30% off, so with TM and red card it came out to $32! 008-00-0650. There not as loud as I would thought but the clarity & detail of instruments i can hear in the song are wonderful!

My local Target has had a bunch of copies of Ninja Gaiden 3 for Wii U on clearance. They're on 14.98 right now; anyone know if the game is worth that much, or should I just wait?

Went to Target today to pick up a Nook I bought and decided to try and browse the clearance isle. Unfortunately since I never go in Target, I couldn't figure out if there was a specific clearance isle or if people are just posting what's in the regular game isles.

Although I did find that my store had 2 PS4's in the locked case, was pretty surprised given how hard they're supposedly to find.
There's usually a dedicated endcap near the electronics section for clearance games. However, with the dearth of games on clearance now, some Targets may have temporarily eliminated the endcap. Sometimes clearance games can also be mixed in with regular games and can be identified with a red sticker.

i grabbed another X-Wing set today, and noticed that they had the Game of Thrones cards game on clearance for $11.xx. i dont know if its supposed to be good or not, but if youre a fan of the show and card games there you go.

no games at my Target today but a TON of toys and clothes on clearence...picked up an RC Batmobile for $13.98, a Spiderman bobblehead for $7.xx, and an Iron Man Titan Hero figure for $4.xx.  I swear I'm an adult...

all the targets around here have an entire aisle of clearance toys in the toys department right now. the one i was at earlier today had this awesome lego ghost train on clearance, but it was still $60 so i passed. they had like 5 of them, so maybe it will drop some more before theyre all gone.

lego-ghost-train1.jpg

all the targets around here have an entire aisle of clearance toys in the toys department right now. the one i was at earlier today had this awesome lego ghost train on clearance, but it was still $60 so i passed. they had like 5 of them, so maybe it will drop some more before theyre all gone.

lego-ghost-train1.jpg
That's awesome, I want it. Hope it drops.

i grabbed another X-Wing set today, and noticed that they had the Game of Thrones cards game on clearance for $11.xx. i dont know if its supposed to be good or not, but if youre a fan of the show and card games there you go.
I'm trying to track down the game via the online inventory checker but only have the DCPI. Wish their website and stores used the same inventory numbers...

My local Target has had a bunch of copies of Ninja Gaiden 3 for Wii U on clearance. They're on 14.98 right now; anyone know if the game is worth that much, or should I just wait?
$15 is worth it. FYI my local target re-price MSRP $29.99 (New Lowest Price). Get it while you can while it still $15 or they will update very soon ;)

Target clearance finally comes through for me after months of a dry spell. Sort of... They were AS-IS items. SFxT and Batman AC strategy guides for $1.26. I'm sure they're worthless, but they look good. Especially Chun-Li, Asuka, and Lili. They look VERY good. :bouncy:

But where there's good news, there's also bad news. Found an Assassin's Creed III LE. Price was $129.99. I tried to PM Best Buy's price of $19.99. When the main manager was about to do it, much to his own unwillingness to do it, he noticed something. It was on Clearance. He denied me on the spot for it. I know it was Target's policy, but it still made me mad that he said no. Poor guy was looking for any reason to deny me since the price difference was so high. He told me he was sorry. I said "Don't be. Because I will get that for $19.99. In this store. No matter what."

Card game, or the board game? Apparently there's a card game for it as well, but all I've ever seen at target is this, the board game, which is what I assume you mean:

http://www.target.com/p/game-of-thrones-board-game/-/A-14203908#prodSlot=large_1_1&term=Game+of+thrones+game

lego-ghost-train1.jpg
That ghost train set has been on clearance multiple times the past year and a half; I picked up a couple the last go round for $23.98 (70% off). I'd recommend locking in one at the current 30% off discount you've found it at if you really want one and attempting a return/rebuy at a better discount in a couple of weeks. Legos on clearance go very fast, even overproduced (and overpriced) sets there might be a glut of, like that one. When it hits the next round of clearance, 50% or more, it will be gone in a flash.

204-07-0615

K'nex Super Mario 3D Land Ghost House 518pc (Reg. 59.99, Clearance 29.98) 50% off
2ex3ep1.jpg

hwl8y1.jpg

I don't know why these images uploaded this way lol.

They were probably $17.98 which is 70% off msrp of $60. Saw a few at my targets. It would be weird if your target already updated msrp to $30 and repriced the clearance to 50% off.

Target clearance finally comes through for me after months of a dry spell. Sort of... They were AS-IS items. SFxT and Batman AC strategy guides for $1.26. I'm sure they're worthless, but they look good. Especially Chun-Li, Asuka, and Lili. They look VERY good. :bouncy:

But where there's good news, there's also bad news. Found an Assassin's Creed III LE. Price was $129.99. I tried to PM Best Buy's price of $19.99. When the main manager was about to do it, much to his own unwillingness to do it, he noticed something. It was on Clearance. He denied me on the spot for it. I know it was Target's policy, but it still made me mad that he said no. Poor guy was looking for any reason to deny me since the price difference was so high. He told me he was sorry. I said "Don't be. Because I will get that for $19.99. In this store. No matter what."
:roll: same old Fukurou. The guy was just doing his job.

What are you gonna do, badger another sup or manager until you get it for $20? Find something better to do.

The price is one of a kind, but the item isn't. I've seen the single one and in the triple pack that was just released.
yeah this one is everywhere, but its normally priced 9.99, I got it for $3.76. Ironically the barcode on the back scans the regular 9.99, I had to point out to the cashier that it had a clearance tag. Otherwise target clearance almost never comes through for me and it doesn't help that the target's in my area are always a week or a few days behind the rest of the nation for clearance prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back