Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look into powerline adapters possibly. Also, I grabbed that same one, wish there was an easy way to get the 5% Pharmacy rewards without needing a prescription. I'm healthy and take no medication, why can't I save that extra 5% :( . The HT-F4500 is a freaking steal at 70% off.
We get them at least once a month. I've had more expire than I've actually used, :lol: My fiance takes specialty pain meds for back pain, but the shit's so expensive (and not covered by insurance) that she only gets them filled 10 at a time (~ a weeks worth), and each partial refill counts as one.

And I'll have to look into an adapter. If I had the patience, I'd try to wirelessly bridge routers, but I honestly don't have the time for that.

3D Blu-ray Samsung theater Box still $168 at my local Target. Scored Sony 3D Player Theater Box $90. :)
We get them at least once a month. I've had more expire than I've actually used, :lol: My fiance takes specialty pain meds for back pain, but the shit's so expensive (and not covered by insurance) that she only gets them filled 10 at a time (~ a weeks worth), and each partial refill counts as one.

And I'll have to look into an adapter. If I had the patience, I'd try to wirelessly bridge routers, but I honestly don't have the time for that.
I haven't used them, but from what I hear they're good if you've got multiple walls between the router point and the wireless access point. One other thing I've heard is that they're not so great in older houses due to the way the powerlines are, but I haven't read too much into it. Also, I've got the Samsung HT-F4500 hooked up and I'm loving it so far.

3D Blu-ray Samsung theater Box still $168 at my local Target. Scored Sony 3D Player Theater Box $90. :)
Just keep checking back if you're interested in it. I'm not sure if all stores do price changes on the same day but the few near me all changed a bunch of home electronics this morning.

Only thing VG related at mine was Defiance :360: for 12.xx.

This store did, however, have a few home theater systems on clearance at 70% off. I ended up grabbing a Samsung HT-F4500 5.1 3D-BD system for 71.98 (64.96 after 5% pharmacy rewards and 5% redcard), down from 239.99. Reviews seem to make it out to be a decent entry-level, and with Microsoft dragging their feet with 3d support for the X1, I can finally watch my 3D movies again. The only thing that kills it for me is the lack of wireless networking, since the router is in a different part of the house from where I want to put it.
Picked up 2 of those F4500 Samsung 3D Blu Ray surround sounds yesterday morning at $71.98 a piece. Great freakin price. The Target I work for had 5 of them. The DPCI for those looking for it is 008-06-0456. Also picked up a Sandisk 8GB flashdrive for $4.50 (056-06-0388), Monster Wii cables for $7.34 (008-00-8688), Sandisk 64GB class 10 SD card for $29.99 (056-12-0301), 2 Soundfreaq IPad/IPod/IPhone docking stations at $38.98 a piece (008-03-1044), a Lexar 64GB class 10 micro mini SD card for $29.98 (056-12-0332), a RCA Blu Ray surround sound system for $44.98 (008-06-0999), and a 50" Samsung Smart TV for $499.98 (008-09-1175). With my 10% employee discount and my 5% Red Card discount, I made out like a bandit. The majority of the clearance in the electronics department is 70% off.

Picked up 2 of those F4500 Samsung 3D Blu Ray surround sounds yesterday morning at $71.98 a piece. Great freakin price. The Target I work for had 5 of them. The DPCI for those looking for it is 008-06-0456. Also picked up a Sandisk 8GB flashdrive for $4.50 (056-06-0388), Monster Wii cables for $7.34 (008-00-8688), Sandisk 64GB class 10 SD card for $29.99 (056-12-0301), 2 Soundfreaq IPad/IPod/IPhone docking stations at $38.98 a piece (008-03-1044), a Lexar 64GB class 10 micro mini SD card for $29.98 (056-12-0332), a RCA Blu Ray surround sound system for $44.98 (008-06-0999), and a 50" Samsung Smart TV for $499.98 (008-09-1175). With my 10% employee discount and my 5% Red Card discount, I made out like a bandit. The majority of the clearance in the electronics department is 70% off.
Personally I don't care about flippers, but how much of that are you keeping for yourself?

Personally I don't care about flippers, but how much of that are you keeping for yourself?
LOL. All of it except 1 F4500 Blu Ray surround sound and 1 Soundfreaq docking station (going to my 18 year old son) and the RCA Blu Ray surround sound system (going to my mother as a birthday present). Definitely not a flipper but a person who looks to the future for gifts for holidays and birthdays.

056 00 0172 - 21' Gateway $27.98 (or something like that)

056 00 0173 - 23' Gateway for 38.98

I checked another store and both models rang up regular price.
Fudge. I noticed when I looked last night that those monitors were finally gone. Seeing they clearenced that low most likely hurts.

LOL... Now of you buy more than 1 $20 item, everyone screams FLIPPERZZZ!!!!! Geez. What a bunch of Nancies.

Nice haul there Jawwaaad1!I
Thanks Craze. It's the best thing about having a part time job at Target. Being able to find some great gifts for my family and friends for cheap.

Havent seen that I know our video games section is adding pc games into the main aisles as well the wii u and wii section getting smaller. Another section being added is called "cloud gaming" whatever that is.
Wow, glad I didn't pick up a wii u yet. If it eventually gets discontinued because of poor sales, then I should be able to pick one up (or even two) at a really cheap price.

Fudge. I noticed when I looked last night that those monitors were finally gone. Seeing they clearenced that low most likely hurts.
They dropped every week for the past 3 weeks. I picked up another 23 in last week for 65 or 70. Every other store in my area has them but not clearance. One of my stores had those JBL Flip Bluetooth Speakers for $50, and the Flip 2 for the same price, but none of the other stores did. It's weird how certain stores have different items clearance than others.

Holy shit-tons of clearance, Batman!

Grabbed a Otterbox Defender case for my IPhone 5s for 12.49 today. Saw a bunch of those surround systems and tons of phone cases and headphones. Insane amount of crap with red tags today..

Holy shit-tons of clearance, Batman!
Grabbed a Otterbox Defender case for my IPhone 5s for 12.49 today. Saw a bunch of those surround systems and tons of phone cases and headphones. Insane amount of crap with red tags today..
I'll be heading there later today. Thank you for the heads up. Let's just hope some of these agent ymmv. I'm hoping some of the PS3 two packs dropped in price.

I didn't spot any Samsung home theater systems on clearance, but I did spot 1000 watt and 300 watt RCA options along with a 300 watt Sony option, which I bought on a whim for $38.98 after briefly skimming online reviews of the three. (I don't remember price or DCPI details, apologies)

I'm wondering if I should take it back or stick with it. I'm only in an apartment and don't need thunderous cinematic brilliance, just something better than awful built-in TV speakers.

I didn't spot any Samsung home theater systems on clearance, but I did spot 1000 watt and 300 watt RCA options along with a 300 watt Sony option, which I bought on a whim for $38.98 after briefly skimming online reviews of the three. (I don't remember price or DCPI details, apologies)

I'm wondering if I should take it back or stick with it. I'm only in an apartment and don't need thunderous cinematic brilliance, just something better than awful built-in TV speakers.
I was thinking of buying that Sony one as all the reviews I saw seemed to say it's great for what it is. A cheap home theater solution from a great brand. I'd say keep the Sony one, it's an excellent deal for $40 if you weren't able to find the $70 Samsung one.

I'm so jelly of you guys getting all this beastly stuff on clearance. I haven't been able to get a decent clearance game in about two or three years.

They dropped every week for the past 3 weeks. I picked up another 23 in last week for 65 or 70. Every other store in my area has them but not clearance. One of my stores had those JBL Flip Bluetooth Speakers for $50, and the Flip 2 for the same price, but none of the other stores did. It's weird how certain stores have different items clearance than others.
Yeah, I'd been seeing those exact two on clearance and been checking weekly. Although this time they had shrunk the PC section, but I didn't see it moved to any clearance endcaps so at that price it was likely gone. Oh well, was mostly just gonna use it as a TV for my PS3 since my 40" died.

Found some headphones that I was debating on picking up but didn't in the end. Did find a Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed tho. However when I look up the DPCI I can't find it online? Why?!?!?!

Picked up Logitech z232 for 19.xx and two black and white nooks for 17.00 each. Not everything was 70% though. Bose headphones were 30% at one store and 50% at another.

so, what are your Sony model number? and/or DCPI?

Went by my Target, no games but the DSXL kits were on clearance for $7.99...picked up a black kit and blue kit which came with a car charger, head phones, bag, screen protectors and DS holders, two stylus and a pen.  They had Black, Blue and Maroon red.  If anything I wanted something to hold both my DS XL and 3DS XL.  So, these worked perfectly and were cheap!

Well I found one of those monitors today that was on clearance, was $45 and the rest of the stores that had them were full price.  Great score but not sure what I'm going to do with it since I just ordered a trio of monitors from Dell two days ago.  Also found at that same store one of those Bioshock/Borderlands/XCOM packs for $6.  Both items were tagged way higher so it paid off to scan both.  The scanners said that the Sony HTIB were $40 at the stores that were supposed to have them but they were gone and one of them looked like they recently had the Nooks.  Did find a Philips HTS3564 for $65 so I grabbed that.   $40 for the Sony sounded a lot better but I believe the other ones mentioned were just DVD and this one's a 3D Blu-Ray player.  Really not sure what I'm going to do with it though since I a) have nowhere to put it b) don't have and won't be getting a 3D TV c) already have something that plays Blus attached to every TV.  Still had to buy it because it was 70% off. :wall:

The one thing I was really, really hoping would be marked down was the Logitech Z323 speakers that only a single store anywhere around had in stock and I have a practical use for.  The store had them but they were full price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I found one of those monitors today that was on clearance, was $45 and the rest of the stores that had them were full price. Great score but not sure what I'm going to do with it since I just ordered a trio of monitors from Dell two days ago. Also found at that same store one of those Bioshock/Borderlands/XCOM packs for $6. Both items were tagged way higher so it paid off to scan both. The scanners said that the Sony HTIB were $40 at the stores that were supposed to have them but they were gone and one of them looked like they recently had the Nooks. Did find a Philips HTS3564 for $65 so I grabbed that. $40 for the Sony sounded a lot better but I believe the other ones mentioned were just DVD and this one's a 3D Blu-Ray player. Really not sure what I'm going to do with it though since I a) have nowhere to put it b) don't have and won't be getting a 3D TV c) already have something that plays Blus attached to every TV. Still had to buy it because it was 70% off. :wall:

The one thing I was really, really hoping would be marked down was the Logitech Z323 speakers that only a single store anywhere around had in stock and I have a practical use for. The store had them but they were full price.
The Samsung HT-F4500 being one of the others, is a 3D Bluray player. Decided to keep that one over the Sony DAV TZ140. I'd recommend finding room for it, I'm glad I picked the Samsung 3D Bluray cause then I don't have to deal with more cords and turning on PS3 to watch Blurays.

There's one CoD Ghosts 360/XB download thing for $20.98 at the Bainbridge, OH Target as of Monday evening.  It's in the cube thing behind a sleeve of paper, so it's probably still there.

I snagged a XB1/360 CoD Ghosts for $20.98 today. Just a heads up it is the Gold Edition for XB1 so you get the first DLC pack free with it.

Picked up a Logitech k750 solar keyboard for 17.98. Been looking for a wireless keyboard since I hooked my laptop to my TV.

My target had like 3 endcaps full of clearance items. Mostly phone cases and headphones. And 3 copies of Divergence on the 360 for the low price of 19.98. No COD. Also had some Netgear streaming box for your tv for 39.98. Thought about picking that up but decided against it since I'd probably only use it for NEtflix, which I use my 360 for.

Decided to pick these limited edition Sol Republic Tracks HD headphones for $44.99 on clearance. Was normally $150. Not sure if I care for the red white and blue colors. I'll probably buy a plain white headband on eBay since they're available. They are pretty good for the price I paid. Not sure if they are worth more than 80.

tracksanthem1.png

Snagged a CoD: Ghosts 360/X1 code for $20.xx. Sneaky workers hid it behind another game in the case and had a stickered clearance price of $48. Asked for fun what it rang up as and came up to that magical $20 price. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back