Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to fight with Target earlier in the week to get mine. They were in the case at full price, 3 copies left. I asked to scan the game and it was 20.xx, so I asked to buy all 3 and she said she would have to check to see if she could sell me 3 copies. I'm like huh, they are clearance not sales items and you would never have sold them as you failed to price them correctly. So someone on the walkie talkie says I can only have 1 copy, so I go ok my son wants to buy a copy as well, and she refuses. So I go, you know I'm going to have to submit a negative review about this, and she goes would you like to speak to the supervisor. Sup comes over and I repeat, they are clearance, you don't restrict clearance, he goes all sour puss on me and sells me the games.

I love threatening the bad review, they hate those.

I had to fight with Target earlier in the week to get mine. They were in the case at full price, 3 copies left. I asked to scan the game and it was 20.xx, so I asked to buy all 3 and she said she would have to check to see if she could sell me 3 copies. I'm like huh, they are clearance not sales items and you would never have sold them as you failed to price them correctly. So someone on the walkie talkie says I can only have 1 copy, so I go ok my son wants to buy a copy as well, and she refuses. So I go, you know I'm going to have to submit a negative review about this, and she goes would you like to speak to the supervisor. Sup comes over and I repeat, they are clearance, you don't restrict clearance, he goes all sour puss on me and sells me the games.

My Target had 18 (yes, 18) Nooks for $17.xx last week. They would only sell me 2. I wanted to buy 5 of them. Cheap gifts fo' show.

Snagged a CoD: Ghosts 360/X1 code for $20.xx. Sneaky workers hid it behind another game in the case and had a stickered clearance price of $48. Asked for fun what it rang up as and came up to that magical $20 price.
You all have these conspiracy theories. lol. Maybe, just maybe, someone was tired/lazy and that particular copy didn't get tagged. The world isn't always out to get you people.

Decided to pick these limited edition Sol Republic Tracks HD headphones for $44.99 on clearance. Was normally $150. Not sure if I care for the red white and blue colors. I'll probably buy a plain white headband on eBay since they're available. They are pretty good for the price I paid. Not sure if they are worth more than 80.

tracksanthem1.png
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I would totally swoop these for that price. My headphones are being assholes and I am preparing to replace them. I dig the colors because they are different. I am not trying to change your mind about how you feel, but right now my headphones are the Panasonic green studio headphones and I could use a change, other their malfunctionability.

^are those decent headphones for listening to music and watching movies on like a tablet?

I want some good headphones and was considering getting a set of Beats when they go on sale.

^are those decent headphones for listening to music and watching movies on like a tablet?

I want some good headphones and was considering getting a set of Beats when they go on sale.
SOL and Beats are both okay but really dont breach a professional level headphone. If you can pickup the SOLs for 45 bucks grab them but if you're going to be spending somthing in the Beats' range I'd go for the Sennheiser Momentums. They have a nicer, more modest build and definitely a more balanced range of sound

Actually, Target has the right to limit anything they sell including clearance. They don't have to allow a customer to buy up an entire inventory just because it's on clearance. They have to ensure that other customers have a chance to buy something also. The Target I work for does it all the time. They know resellers try to buy up inventory to obviously resell.

And here I am, using a pair of $20 iHome ib40 headphones for my PC. They were Target Christmas leftovers that I paid $2 for back in January. For what they are, they're not too bad, especially at that price.

My fiance is still pissed at me for dropping $150 in GS credit on PX3s a few years back, so I have to tread lightly when it comes to headgear, :lol:

And here I am, using a pair of $20 iHome ib40 headphones for my PC. They were Target Christmas leftovers that I paid $2 for back in January. For what they are, they're not too bad, especially at that price.

My fiance is still pissed at me for dropping $150 in GS credit on PX3s a few years back, so I have to tread lightly when it comes to headgear, :lol:
The ones I have currently are a pair of Coby branded that I got from Big Lots bundled with ear buds for like $15 and they are 4 years old. Lol

Olentangy river rd Target in Columbus has a CoD Ghosts download pack for $20.98, and a Last of us PS3 repack bundle and a 250Gb 360 E bundle repack both at 30% off

I scored Big today!  Yay 3 XBOX 360 1600 points card $5.98 Each (AS Online). Everything Scanned fine but can't get the card Activate? I gave up and go home with empty hand :(

The store I shop at decided to move a bunch of clearance in areas not so typical, like by office supplies. They had a few titanfall guides for $7.98, and the already mentioned cell phone accessories. Gateway monitors sold, and most likely for the low people were willing to find them for. Also seen some sets of skylander 3 pack of figures for less then $10, and a wii u starter pack version of the game on sale for $19.99 . I haven't been paying attention to sale ads so forgive me if I mentioned the obvious.

Olentangy river rd Target in Columbus has a CoD Ghosts download pack for $20.98, and a Last of us PS3 repack bundle and a 250Gb 360 E bundle repack both at 30% off
how much did the last of us bundle come out to after the 30% im seeing on the site its got as price cut right now sitting at 249$

I'm gonna have to start hitting Targets again.  Used to be a normal weekly stop, I haven't been checking in forever since the clearance had been so weak.

I got a $45 monitor this week and I'm more jealous of that. :rofl:

Nice find.
My store has monitors are you suppose to check at the register to see if they are on clearance or should they have a sticker on them stating such? (For both times I simply went to the check the price scanner to see if it was on clearance)

My store has monitors are you suppose to check at the register to see if they are on clearance or should they have a sticker on them stating such? (For both times I simply went to the check the price scanner to see if it was on clearance)
I scanned them at the half dozen stores I was at over the last week and only found the one. Was tagged like $105 but scanned $45 on the price scanner, the rest came up full price.

this may be helpful to those who recently picked up a vita, like I did from cowboom. I was looking for a temporary case until I found one for a certain price point.

found the vita starter kit for 11.98 on clearance. it was 19.98 two weeks ago and there were over a dozen. upon returning at the lower price point I grabbed one of the last two. I get a case, and a 4gb card. I have a 16gb, but additional memory is always welcomed. not sure if its a great deal, but struck me as a decent deal for what you get. 

dcpi 207000144

Not a sale but the target right across the village in orange ca has 2 ffx limited editions if anyone's looking for it. There was one used as a display copy that seems to be intact and one inside the case for 39.99

No luck with clearance at the Target on York Crossing Dr in York, PA, but I did spot an as is copy of Bioshock Infinite premium edition for 25$. Looked like it hadn't been opened yet, but the box had a bit of wear on it.

Clearance items showed up out of no where that weren't out on the shelves on Friday.  Still looking for that monitor though.  Grabbed the 2tb desktop harddrive despite it being seagate lol.

Not a sale but the target right across the village in orange ca has 2 ffx limited editions if anyone's looking for it. There was one used as a display copy that seems to be intact and one inside the case for 39.99

These are common at most targets I visit. I even still find the Hitman Trilogy LE from time to time.

These are common at most targets I visit. I even still find the Hitman Trilogy LE from time to time.
I didn't know that. That was the third target I've been too since it came out and the first time I see it. Personally I think the uk got the better end of the deal with the artbook being included separately with the disc in a standard case that's why I haven't bought the us version with the cheap packaging and all

I didn't know that. That was the third target I've been too since it came out and the first time I see it. Personally I think the uk got the better end of the deal with the artbook being included separately with the disc in a standard case that's why I haven't bought the us version with the cheap packaging and all
I picked up the US CE from Square. It's a giant digibook/portfolio, never seen it before.

Is it possible for things to become unclearanced or is it just YMMV on the stores that do the clearance? Found 2 copies of Sonic Racing Transformed for the PS3 at a Target but both rang up at $29.99

Is it possible for things to become unclearanced or is it just YMMV on the stores that do the clearance? Found 2 copies of Sonic Racing Transformed for the PS3 at a Target but both rang up at $29.99
It's entirely possible. Almost a year ago RE Revelations for 3DS was clearanced for some time and made it down to $5 and now it's in their value section for $20 with the same numbers in the system.

Went to target. Pretty much the same games as other people are posting. But as one someone else pointed out, some digital cameras have been moved to clearance. Most were 50% off and the boxes looked pristine. Fwiw, my target rearranged their electronics section this past weekend so there was an abundance of clearance stuff.

Yes, as was previously mentioned. But in the case of my stores, they seem to lag behind in marking items at the clearance prices I read here. And if the clearance item is marked 'ncf' on the tag (non-carry forward), then it won't be re-stocked.

I found the Withch and the Hundred knight ps3 today for 12.98. It was an online item per the clearance sticker.

The Wii U headphones a lot of people here have been getting (DPCI 207-00-0345) went down to $3.04. Found some Skullcandy 50/50 earbuds (DPCI 057-01-1016) for $14.98. 

Yes it is that exact camera. It was regularly $449.

That is odd in my opinion because I thought cameras at my Target store only went to 50% off and stopped there.
Question for you, I just called my target that has that Rebel T3 in stock and over the phone he said that it's still $449. Is that just the list price and the real discount comes at time of checkout? Or do they see actual sales price when they are given the DPCI number? Not sure, as he told me he just sold the other 2 he had in stock today... hmm.

Just saw some big screen tvs started clearance at 30% off

Also, starting Sunday you can get $100 for any smartphone traded towards a galaxy s5

The lady didn't know if there was a restriction on how many you can trade towards it or not

Sorry for the blurry pic, I was getting pelted by a rain/snow mix when I was taking it in my trunk:

10177371_10203829798927728_3480111843084521891_n.jpg

$280.01 Repackage Item.  I figured I could use another for the upstairs and my wife claimed it right away.  $284.95 with Red Card and tax!  Everything was in pristine condtion.

Went hoping to find the clearanced Sol headphones but no luck. Did see a pair of bluetooth Beats, some Bose & Sonys marked clearance but all much higher than I'm willing to pay but a good price for someone who wants them. Like 30% off?

I did find and buy a Capello brand wireless speaker. I thought it was like a jawbone but it runs off wall power. Is bluetooth however and sounds good imo.

Was on clearance for $15.58 down from $51.99. Has good reviews online. The dcpi is 008 03 0450.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back