Target Clearance Thread XXII

I have a very strong feeling scalebounds cancelation is fake. It'll pop up as a scorpio title cause the game didn't seem like it would work well with the og xbox or one s. If anything it'd make the xbox look bad cause maybe the game required more hardware than what the og xbox one currently has in it.

Then MS will throw money at Japanese publishers to get jrpgs on the XBOX that were on the ps4 first and actually try and get western publishers like EA to develop games for the Scorpio first like how everything was developed for the 360 first then ps3. That way it'll really show off the graphics an capability of scorpio compared to the ps4 pro and make a shift in which console games will be developed on first.

(IMO)
Yikes - not even sure where to start with this.

On Scalebound, the answer is just plain, "no." The cancellation of Scalebound, along with games like Fable Legends, have been unfortunately symptomatic for Xbox this generation. Those games aren't coming back, at least not as exclusives, and not with MS as publisher. A company like Nordic or Gearbox might try to pick up the pieces, but cancelled games are a hard resale since the prior would-be publisher may in fact own certain code or parts of the game. In short, cancelled games are -- well, cancelled. For obvious reasons, the canceling publisher doesn't want another company to fly in and reap the awards of money it spent, so bottomline - unless it's MS publishing it, forget it.

And that gets to the second half of this comment. I'm eager to see what MS intends to do with Scorpio. Based on what we've heard, I suspect Scorpio is going to be priced from $500 to $700. That's pushing it (remember PS3?). Also, given MS' latest actions and statements, I'm less than convinced the company is much interested in writing checks for exclusives or even timed exclusives. Frankly, after Tomb Raider (rumor has it Square Enix privately regretted selling MS a timed exclusive), I'm not even sure developers/publishers are much interested in signing on, unless MS pays a boatload of cash.

It's a big question-mark for MS. At this point, we don't have much confidence coming from the company that it is really all-in on this Xbox thing. If Xbox is less about a console, and more about a platform (like Windows or PC), I don't see MS too eager to drop more money on it for exclusives.

We'll see what MS prices the console at. If Scorpio is priced low, it will be a sign MS is all-in, and is trying to compete with PS4 outright. On the other hand, if it is priced high ($600 or higher), that probably won't help raise Xbox user numbers, and that may be a sign the company isn't too interested in making the Xbox division a short-term loss leader to gain marketshare.

That may also mean Xbox could be up for sale soon ...

Nothing sucks more than those illusions of exclusivity, where a company pays the publisher for a game in order to have exclusive rights for their own platform.  They should be commissioning developers to make new games, not paying publishers to keep entire games off other platforms.  Hate those Tomb Raider situations. 

The PS3 launch failure is exactly why the Scorpio is not going to cost $599 US dollars.   I would put money on it being $400 to $500, most likely the latter.  No one is going to buy something for $600+ when they can just buy the Xbox One S, with no discount, for $250.

There's been a couple Rory Mcilroy's at my target for weeks now so I decided to pick them up. Traded one into GameStop towards Little Nightmares Six Edition and got $22.50 after the 50% bonus. The GS employee told me that I could only trade in one copy of a game per console per account, but I remember it was more in the past. 

There's been a couple Rory Mcilroy's at my target for weeks now so I decided to pick them up. Traded one into GameStop towards Little Nightmares Six Edition and got $22.50 after the 50% bonus. The GS employee told me that I could only trade in one copy of a game per console per account, but I remember it was more in the past.
In one transaction that is their policy. You can do up to four of the game for a specific system in a rolling 30 day period. So go a different day and try to get a different employee.

So get this - I found a copy of The Wolf Among Us and it was completely out of the system so they couldn't even get a final price for it. The manager comes back and said it shouldn't have been on the floor. The cashier says it's selling for $16.99 on ebay. I told him that is not a clearance price. The manager asks me if I want it for that price. I said no and walked out.

Found a copy of Telltale Batman, rang up at $9.99 instead of $6 as shown on Brickseek, left with a shopping bag full of clearance candy instead.

Nothing new on clearance in gaming, but a ton of stuff in electronics got the red tag, including Seagate and WD external drives, Acer monitors, 360 Fly cameras, and the Philips UHD player.

Found a copy of Telltale Batman, rang up at $9.99 instead of $6 as shown on Brickseek, left with a shopping bag full of clearance candy instead.
your store sounds pretty slow with rolling out new markdown, but typically it should go live by today or tomorrow

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

So I know I'm super late on the PSTV, but I can currently order it for store pickup online. If I order one for online then when I go to pick it up ask to pay with a different card, would it ring up at clearance price? Is this frowned upon and will employees allow it? Really don't wanna pay $100 for a PSTV.

So I know I'm super late on the PSTV, but I can currently order it for store pickup online. If I order one for online then when I go to pick it up ask to pay with a different card, would it ring up at clearance price? Is this frowned upon and will employees allow it? Really don't wanna pay $100 for a PSTV.
Just buy one off eBay for $60 and not worry about the rest.

Was happily surprised to find this.
5e69057a6e558c7568f397a92291dd4e.jpg

Kept seeing all these good deals on here and couldn't find them in my store!  Turns out my store took the route some others have and now most of the clearance games are behind the glass, mine are now on the back edge (faces the phone cases) of the camera case.  Of course there's barely any cameras in there anymore, they have consoles, headphones, controllers, etc.

ANYWAY, found a Razer Deathadder Chroma for $34.98.  Still not sure what happened though.  I went in and scanned it with my app showed at that price.  Had the store scan it and it came up at 49.98 and they said they couldn't PM their app since it wasn't showing you could order.  Ok, go to Walmart they have what I thought was the same one for 49.99.  I buy that, get it home, realize it's the previous version (which is now I think three versions back).  So I check online and see that for the Chroma even 49.98 isn't a bad deal.  This time I go back and a different employee rings me up and it's 34.98!  So not sure if they changed it after I left or what.  Good deal for a great mouse, especially for people with bigger hands like me.

Just picked up:

XB1: Payday 2 - $5.98

XB1: Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition - $8.98

PS4: Home Front Revolution - $5.98

Not sure if I should pick up Toy Soldiers (XB1) for $5.98 also...

Thanks, looks like it's starting at 15%, so it'll top out at 50% in most cases. Not worth it for me at $65.
The deal search says it was as low as 44.98. It may not have a HDMI port either based on the description and what comes up on Amazon and Newegg.

Last edited by a moderator:
your store sounds pretty slow with rolling out new markdown, but typically it should go live by today or tomorrow

I wonder about that since I had seen the $6 price at that store for about a week and finally decided to make the drive since I had an online return to make anyways. I'm guessing the fact that it still rings up at $10 is a big reason why it's one of the only stores with any left in stock.

Went back a few pages, but didn't see much info on games. Besides Mirror's Edge and Naruto Storm 4, what other PS4 games have people been finding on clearance lately? I want to do a Target run today, but with something like 8 or 9 Targets in my city I was hoping to try to Brickseek several items first and hit the location that had the most stuff available.  

Went back a few pages, but didn't see much info on games. Besides Mirror's Edge and Naruto Storm 4, what other PS4 games have people been finding on clearance lately? I want to do a Target run today, but with something like 8 or 9 Targets in my city I was hoping to try to Brickseek several items first and hit the location that had the most stuff available.

I would not trust brickseek lately. The past few weeks it says my local store has 0 of items yet I go there and see several copies on the floor.

I found One Piece, 7 days to Die, Marvel Pinball, Rory PGA Golf and Plants vs Zombies as the main PS4 games on clearance around here......at least other than the Telltale and Mirrors edge. here is some of the dpci's i have on hand

Plants vs Zombies 2  PS4 (207-34-1265)

Rory PS4 (207-34-0119)

Marvel Pinball 207-34-9118

Far Cry 4 Complete for PS4 (DPCI 207-34-9636)

check deadtrees' post on page 817
I was just there. It's for the bands not the actual unit.
e94d129438d3414442e6ab2cd68fb406.jpg

Got shafted 4 out of 4 stores I went to last night. BS shown at least 2 units were on hand at each store but Red couldn't account for any of it. After closing time, 2 stores zeroed out the inventory, 7 units in total. Finally found 1 at the 5th store this morning.

Thanks for the tips. The 0 thing is pretty weird. I guess they are maybe just removing them from their system and entering them as miscellaneous clearance or something. I really want Marvel Pinball but it's showing as 0 in stock for every store 50 miles around me. But I guess I'll hunt for it a bit anyway.  

Thanks for the tips. The 0 thing is pretty weird. I guess they are maybe just removing them from their system and entering them as miscellaneous clearance or something. I really want Marvel Pinball but it's showing as 0 in stock for every store 50 miles around me. But I guess I'll hunt for it a bit anyway.
I saw 2 copies of Marvel Pinball last week at the Southpark store, not sure if BS is accurate or someone actually bought them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw 2 copies of Marvel Pinball last week at the Southpark store, not sure if BS is accurate or someone actually bought them.
I'm gonna hit the little store on the East side of Ben White first because it's on the way home from work. Supposedly they have Mirror's Edge. I'll probably head to Southpark after that.

Just stopped by my local store. All the Alta's were sold out so I'm guessing somebody rushed in and snagged them all since Brickseek showed a lot in stock of various models yesterday, not a huge deal though since I didn't want one. They also had practically all of the bands except the metal ones on clearance. They also had a few 3TB hard drives on clearance, but I only glanced at them since it was a small discount of being originally $100 and on clearance for $70 something.

They had Pebble 2 HR's on clearance for $65 each. I was super tempted, but my Pebble Time is still going strong so I decided against it. Also, I found that Xbox One S Halo 5 Bundle (207-31-0034) that went OOS. It rang up as $200, but I decided to pick it up and I figure I will wait and see when it drops to $150 which is the price Brickseek has it listed as. They also had Nintendo Switch so I guess those are coming back in stock.

Just stopped by my local store. All the Alta's were sold out so I'm guessing somebody rushed in and snagged them all since Brickseek showed a lot in stock of various models yesterday, not a huge deal though since I didn't want one. They also had practically all of the bands except the metal ones on clearance. They also had a few 3TB hard drives on clearance, but I only glanced at them since it was a small discount of being originally $100 and on clearance for $70 something.

They had Pebble 2 HR's on clearance for $65 each. I was super tempted, but my Pebble Time is still going strong so I decided against it. Also, I found that Xbox One S Halo 5 Bundle (207-31-0034) that went OOS. It rang up as $200, but I decided to pick it up and I figure I will wait and see when it drops to $150 which is the price Brickseek has it listed as. They also had Nintendo Switch so I guess those are coming back in stock.
I called a store a few miles away that shows 3 and 3 in stock and they said they didn't have any halo 5 just halo wars 2 bundles. They have the halo 5 bundle for 149...

bread's done
Back