Target Clearance Thread XXII

So you went to three different stores trying to get a price adjustment on two different days and spent who knows how much time just to make a $20 profit? Congrats!
I love when comments come off as passive aggressive! The stores are so close together that the drive between all of them wasn't so long. They're all within a 10-15 minute drive from each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you could find out real quick if it was even worth it on a technical level lol.  10-15 min from each other means 20-30min round trips but depends how they're located I guess and in what order they were visited.  Then also depends if that's in-traffic time or highway time for mileage.  Then add in the actual time, and how much you think your time is worth.  Or, really you could even use minimum wage as a baseline figure...

Not trying to rag, I'm sure we've ALL done something like that where it wasn't technically worth it.  Shoot sometimes its "worth it" just for the fun of doing it and getting out and about.

My Target hasn't even been worth visiting at ALL lately.  Their clearance has been so bad it should embarrass them as a Target.

Is it just my stores or does it feel like clearance sections are dead? I've seen nothing new in months and one of them doesn't sticker anything where they used to put clearance games. They just dump them there and they of course all scan regular price.

Is it just my stores or does it feel like clearance sections are dead? I've seen nothing new in months and one of them doesn't sticker anything where they used to put clearance games. They just dump them there and they of course all scan regular price.
Mine doesn't have a clearance end cap any more

Mine doesn't have a clearance end cap any more
Damn. I mean for years I kind of ignored games clearance because all it ever was when I looked was really old games and DS. Only started paying more attention last year and now it looks like they've killed it. Oh well lol, at least I got Stardew for my girl last year.

The clearance end cap at my store has a few "Repackage" DVDs and everything else is overpriced ear buds or non-electronics trash. I haven't seen clearance games, which are typically stickered as clearance in the game section, moved back to the end cap for a long time.

Definitely not just you: the clearance end caps at every Target I’ve been to in the past few weeks have been absolute shit. Definitely not worth visiting unless there’s something in particular you’re looking for and Brickseek says it’s in stock. I’m holding out hope to grab a :pS4 LEGO Dimensions w/ Supergirl starter pack for 70% off: there’s one at one of my local stores that’s been sitting at $34.98 for the longest time, but no one’s bought it at least partially due to the box being in terrible shape. $35 is still too much for a discontinued game, even with that exclusive figure...$21 is a much better price. [emoji4]

Clearance is indeed dead, but I did find one thing today. 

20180324_112241.jpg

Some stores have Lego Dimensions but that's about it.

Not video game related, but I was able to get a deal today on clearance Marvel Legends action figures.  There is already an advertised deal in this week's store circular where you can get Marvel figures buy 1, get 1 for 50% off that ends tonight.  A few Marvel Legends single figures and two-packs were also clearanced this week, and since it doesn't say that clearance figures don't qualify for the advertised offer in the store circular, I was able to get a manager override by asking nicely.  But, here are the items in question:

Marvel Legends 12' Black Costume Spider-Man - 087061680 - $19.98

Marvel Legends 3.75" Enchantress/Executioner Two-Pack - 087069261 - $9.98 

Marvel Legends 3.75 Thor Ragnarok Movie Thor/Hulk Two Pack - 087069261 - $9.98

Marvel Legends 3.75" Single Figure - 087061970 - $6.48

I did four transactions in order to get the best discounts.

1. Bought a 6" Classics Black Widow for $19.99, got 12" Black Costume Spider-Man for $9.99.

2. Bought a 3.75" Ulik for $6.48, got 3.75" Invincible Iron Man for $3.24.

3. Bought a 3.75" Enchantress/Executioner Two Pack for $9.98, got a 3.75" Movie Thor/Hulk Two Pack for $5.00.

4. Bought a 3.75" Captain Marvel for $6.48, got 3.75" Spider-Man Noir for $3.24.

Again, I don't think that the weekly deal and clearance prices are supposed to stack, but asking nicely and bantering with the person at customer service can go a long way sometimes!

We (i work at target) leave the clearance games locked in the cases with the rest of the games.  most stores are told to do that .  they rather have all games together. clearance in general is going to stay in its old home, until they have to redo that aisle, then its moved to an endcap. but by that time most clearance is sold out. 

We (i work at target) leave the clearance games locked in the cases with the rest of the games. most stores are told to do that . they rather have all games together. clearance in general is going to stay in its old home, until they have to redo that aisle, then its moved to an endcap. but by that time most clearance is sold out.
See that would be fine except in perusing the aisles I've seen nothing marked there either, nor the usual suspects that were posted here all the time on clearance. They only stock new games that you'd expect to be close to full price right now, so IDK what the deal is.

Today I found: 

:xb1: Battlechasers : Nightwar for $8.98

:ps4: Guardians of the Galaxy (by Telltale) for $7.48

at a Target in CT. I picked up the last copies in this particular location, but other stores might have them at these prices. Also, they were not marked with clearance stickers, so it might be worth ringing these up if you find them at your local Target. YMMV

Definitely not just you: the clearance end caps at every Target I’ve been to in the past few weeks have been absolute shit. Definitely not worth visiting unless there’s something in particular you’re looking for and Brickseek says it’s in stock. I’m holding out hope to grab a :pS4 LEGO Dimensions w/ Supergirl starter pack for 70% off: there’s one at one of my local stores that’s been sitting at $34.98 for the longest time, but no one’s bought it at least partially due to the box being in terrible shape. $35 is still too much for a discontinued game, even with that exclusive figure...$21 is a much better price. [emoji4]
I picked up the last supergirl set at my local target for $30. I could have waited, but I wasn't sure if they'd hit 70% off or not.

All the Supergirl packs from my metro area are gone, and my local Target has been nearly wiped clean of all figures (despite not being any cheaper than they've been on sale before). People don't have any discipline.

Not people. Resellers. LEGO only goes up in value. So, eventually these sets will be sold online for way more than they are worth or they will be split up, and sold brick by brick. There are sellers who sell single bricks for multiple dollars each online. It's ridiculous.

Not people. Resellers. LEGO only goes up in value. So, eventually these sets will be sold online for way more than they are worth or they will be split up, and sold brick by brick. There are sellers who sell single bricks for multiple dollars each online. It's ridiculous.
They are worth what they sell for. LEGOs are special in that when they are discontinued, it's a bitch to find them. Stores constantly rotate inventory so you likely won't find an old model a month after new ones are released. Single bricks are rare since they don't normally replace discontinued bricks from those sets.

Sets are worth more as new instead of brick apby brick though, for the most part.

Gold Edition South Park:FBW is $20 is you still have it and on X1 even though the code expired you can still redeem the game! Just got it

See that would be fine except in perusing the aisles I've seen nothing marked there either, nor the usual suspects that were posted here all the time on clearance. They only stock new games that you'd expect to be close to full price right now, so IDK what the deal is.
Target has changed the way things are done. We no longer have a "price change team". whoever works in electronics is now responsible for all workload that needs to be done in that area including price change. Thats the same way in all other departments. In my store im the only electronics person who knows how to do it. but im also the only person who knows how to do all other projects . So on heavy weeks , i dont even have time to get to the price change. Just right now, our toy department is currently 3 weeks behind on price change. its pretty bad, sadly.

Anyone who have tried return/rebuy at target and have been successful, how do you usually do it? Do you bring the items to customer service and what do you tell them? lol

Also, the switch dock was at 26.99 at a store, and of course, it's long gone, but everywhere is still in stock and full price. If I bought it at another store, and then bring it to the other store to rebuy it, would that work? Has anyone tried that with an amount of $50+ or would they deny it?

Anyone who have tried return/rebuy at target and have been successful, how do you usually do it? Do you bring the items to customer service and what do you tell them? lol

Also, the switch dock was at 26.99 at a store, and of course, it's long gone, but everywhere is still in stock and full price. If I bought it at another store, and then bring it to the other store to rebuy it, would that work? Has anyone tried that with an amount of $50+ or would they deny it?
I only do this when the items I buy are already in clearance and have been clearanced out even more. Most of the time, I just ask for a price "adjustment". People look at the receipt to see how much I paid, scan the item and see how much it comes out to and refund me the difference. Recently however they seem to be much more strict with price adjusting the lower pricing with excuses that they don't adjust clearance items. I just go to Guest Services.

I recently sold a Supergirl from starter pack for over $40. Don't regret if that starter is gone soon, as you had the chance to get the starter pack for free if you don't care about the supergirl and sell it.

I only do this when the items I buy are already in clearance and have been clearanced out even more. Most of the time, I just ask for a price "adjustment". People look at the receipt to see how much I paid, scan the item and see how much it comes out to and refund me the difference. Recently however they seem to be much more strict with price adjusting the lower pricing with excuses that they don't adjust clearance items. I just go to Guest Services.
This is the one area where Walmart is better than Target. I've never had a problem with price adjustments at Walmart. I just bring in the item and the receipt, they scan it, and give me back the difference. Target is such a cluster, and if they do allow it, it usually takes two associates and a manager to get the difference back.

Target has changed the way things are done. We no longer have a "price change team". whoever works in electronics is now responsible for all workload that needs to be done in that area including price change. Thats the same way in all other departments. In my store im the only electronics person who knows how to do it. but im also the only person who knows how to do all other projects . So on heavy weeks , i dont even have time to get to the price change. Just right now, our toy department is currently 3 weeks behind on price change. its pretty bad, sadly.
That sucks, but realistically if I knew something was on clearance, the system should be ringing it up as such but isn't AFAIK. I've tried scanning games to see if they've dropped and the price scanners always come up full price without the clearance sticker. That's the real issue I'm having, so it's not really the employee's fault at all. Then again, I usually see them just standing around doing nothing most of the time so I'm sure laziness is a big factor.

I saw Tokyo Mirage #FE Wii U was 12.58$ and 3DS Yo Kai Watch Psychic Specters was 8ish can’t remember the exact price. Not exactly clearance but the steelbook gold editions of South Park FBW is 19.99$ and AC:O is 29.99$ if they still have any.[attachment=29900:441D8B3E-B6CE-4D5A-8EFE-0B7F49B82954.jpeg]

So are those just Steelbooks or do they include the season passes?
It's the whole shebang. Steelbook cover, game disc, season pass, towelie gaming bud, mini posters, and a code for SoT. It was a hundred bucks on day one and this is a steal if you can find a copy. This kind of discount is the one reason I'm not buying Far Cry 5 tomorrow.

It's the whole shebang. Steelbook cover, game disc, season pass, towelie gaming bud, mini posters, and a code for SoT. It was a hundred bucks on day one and this is a steal if you can find a copy. This kind of discount is the one reason I'm not buying Far Cry 5 tomorrow.
Thanks I know I have seen the SB for AC:O at my local store not sure about SP:TFBW but I would pick up both if I could.

I saw Tokyo Mirage #FE Wii U was 12.58$ and 3DS Yo Kai Watch Psychic Specters was 8ish can’t remember the exact price. Not exactly clearance but the steelbook gold editions of South Park FBW is 19.99$ and AC:O is 29.99$ if they still have any. 441D8B3E-B6CE-4D5A-8EFE-0B7F49B82954.jpeg
Thanks found both. The code for Stick of Truth in the PS4 version of South Park FBH doesn't work anymore, right?

On the fence about keeping the AC Origins as I've never been a huge fan of the franchise.

Thanks found both. The code for Stick of Truth in the PS4 version of South Park FBH doesn't work anymore, right?

On the fence about keeping the AC Origins as I've never been a huge fan of the franchise.
Incorrect - there's a very great chance the Stick of Truth Code for PS4 should still work (it did about 2 weeks ago for me, well past the expiration date). Of course, Ubisoft...so it's possible they deactivated them since then, but a more recent confirmatory timestamp should still be provide more solid evidence.

bread's done
Back