Target Clearance Thread XXII

Thanks for posting earlier Jurai, I grabbed a G502 for $20 and the Stratus XL for $17. Also, it looks to be a huge YMMV based on stock, but the Fitbit Charge 2 Large (Blue) was $75 in my store. Otherwise the clearance isle was wiped clean and it was the emptiest I have ever seen it.

Thanks for posting earlier Jurai, I grabbed a G502 for $20 and the Stratus XL for $17. Also, it looks to be a huge YMMV based on stock, but the Fitbit Charge 2 Large (Blue) was $75 in my store. Otherwise the clearance isle was wiped clean and it was the emptiest I have ever seen it.
Yeah, the Fitbit has gotten as low as $22 but it's OOS everywhere til you hit $75 according to BS

Went to my local Target that showed it had the pig Minecraft controller in stock for $20 but it rang up as $32 something. Still a good enough deal for me to pick one up though.

I'll post this here as well since it can be used on the Minecraft controllers.

https://www.target.com/c/minecraft-favorite-characters-featured-brands/-/N-54vrl?lnk=Joinuson922forourinstoreeventf
https://cartwheel.target.com/o/minecraft-toys-video-games-books/-/232102?lnk=20offMinecraft

Looks like it works on videogames and toys. Doesn't exclude LEGO's it appears too. This should stack with the Minecraft Xbox One controllers that are on clearance at some Target's.

20% off Minecraft toys, video games, books, bedding & decor when you use Cartwheel in the Target app.*
Offer valid in store only, unless explicitly noted otherwise. Limit no more than one manufacturer coupon (paper or Cartwheel digital), one Target coupon and one Cartwheel offer can be combined per item. Manufacturer (MFR) offers are single-use only. Each Cartwheel offer can be used for a maximum of 4 qualifying items per transaction, unless otherwise noted. Limit 1 Cartwheel barcode per transaction and 6 Cartwheel barcode transactions per day. Cartwheel cannot be applied with price match. Void if copied, scanned, altered, transferred, purchased, sold, or prohibited by law. Item(s) may not be available at all stores. Quantities limited; no rain checks. Offer value may not exceed value of item purchased. No cash value.

YFTV9Qz.png

I'll post this here as well since it can be used on the Minecraft controllers.

https://www.target.com/c/minecraft-favorite-characters-featured-brands/-/N-54vrl?lnk=Joinuson922forourinstoreeventf
https://cartwheel.target.com/o/minecraft-toys-video-games-books/-/232102?lnk=20offMinecraft

Looks like it works on videogames and toys. Doesn't exclude LEGO's it appears too. This should stack with the Minecraft Xbox One controllers that are on clearance at some Target's.

20% off Minecraft toys, video games, books, bedding & decor when you use Cartwheel in the Target app.*
Offer valid in store only, unless explicitly noted otherwise. Limit no more than one manufacturer coupon (paper or Cartwheel digital), one Target coupon and one Cartwheel offer can be combined per item. Manufacturer (MFR) offers are single-use only. Each Cartwheel offer can be used for a maximum of 4 qualifying items per transaction, unless otherwise noted. Limit 1 Cartwheel barcode per transaction and 6 Cartwheel barcode transactions per day. Cartwheel cannot be applied with price match. Void if copied, scanned, altered, transferred, purchased, sold, or prohibited by law. Item(s) may not be available at all stores. Quantities limited; no rain checks. Offer value may not exceed value of item purchased. No cash value.

YFTV9Qz.png
Damnit. I wish I would have seen that. Can you get them to apply this retroactively?

Man just got denied a price match on the target app  on those razer overwatch mousepads when the target app shows it at 10.48 but they ring up still 17.48 

two stores in my town still have Elite controllers at $150, kinda surprised they haven't had any discount at all yet

Stores that still have the Elite controller in stock for $44.98 as of this morning.

1800 Valley West Dr West Des Moines IA 50266-1104

8655 E Point Douglas Rd S Cottage Grove MN 55016-4035

2401 Coulee Rd Hudson WI 54016-2183

14333 Hwy 13 Savage MN 55378-2153

3600 S Louise Ave Sioux Falls SD 57106-6326

4370 Venture Dr Peru IL 61354-1013

14333 Hwy 13 Savage MN 55378-2153

3909 E 42nd St Odessa TX 79762-5939

1685 17th Ave E Shakopee MN 55379-4407

Stores showing low / limited stock.

55 US Hwy 9 Manalapan NJ 07726-3018

554 W Interstate 20 Grand Prairie TX 75052-6932

1440 Central Ave Colonie NY 12205-5118

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-00-0469

Those controllers are always locked up (needs a key to slide off the shelf), there is no way to stash it unless you're an employee but it has a floor location at all stores so I doubt that.

If you're looking for it, it's in stock for $19.48 as of this morning at stores in IL, AL, KY, NC, DC, TX, VA, FL, MI, MN, MS, OK, TN and WV. Sounds like a lot but only 25 or so stores still have it in.
Savage and Shakopee are no go, went there yesterday morning. I actually saw Oakdale, MN popup for $45 yesterday as Limited Stock, but now gone today. I figured was likely another inventory error so didn't bother going there.

Savage and Shakopee are no go, went there yesterday morning. I actually saw Oakdale, MN popup for $45 yesterday as Limited Stock, but now gone today. I figured was likely another inventory error so didn't bother going there.
I'm not familiar with MN, but the Red Wing store is also showing stock

Thanks. Brickseek showed $14.98 and OOS at my store but I saw one...rang up $20.98. Only $4 less than other Power A controllers at GS so I'll pass...would have bit at $9.
Yeah, I called which was a big mistake. The girl at the electronics counter said they had two on the clearance rack, one of which was labeled $21 and the other at $15. I told her I thought they be going to $9 so can you please scan them. She said no dice. I told her no thanks.

An hour or two later I happened to be out near that Target and stopped in to see if the updated clearance tags may have gotten applied. I looked high and low and couldn't find them. Asked the same employee (who remembered me calling) and she claimed not to have any idea who bought the controllers...I don't usually suspect the worse, particularly because as an honest Target electronics employee for 3+ years I wouldn't have thought to do that, but the way she said it was highly suspect.

Anyway, ended up getting the death adder Destiny 2 version mouse. What really put me on edge though was getting home and realizing the Razr Ornata Destiny 2 keyboard I bought had a full row of bum keys. Drove 30+ minutes to exchange. This time I brought my laptop to test the replacement keyboard in the car. I didn't test thoroughly. Again have a crappily QC'd unit--this one has no less than 5 keys that stick if I don't press them down fully or type too fast.

I'll try to make it work. I love Destiny and I love the aesthetic (especially for $24 and $32 for the mouse and keyboard respectively).

Yeah, I called which was a big mistake. The girl at the electronics counter said they had two on the clearance rack, one of which was labeled $21 and the other at $15. I told her I thought they be going to $9 so can you please scan them. She said no dice. I told her no thanks.

An hour or two later I happened to be out near that Target and stopped in to see if the updated clearance tags may have gotten applied. I looked high and low and couldn't find them. Asked the same employee (who remembered me calling) and she claimed not to have any idea who bought the controllers...I don't usually suspect the worse, particularly because as an honest Target electronics employee for 3+ years I wouldn't have thought to do that, but the way she said it was highly suspect.

Anyway, ended up getting the death adder Destiny 2 version mouse. What really put me on edge though was getting home and realizing the Razr Ornata Destiny 2 keyboard I bought had a full row of bum keys. Drove 30+ minutes to exchange. This time I brought my laptop to test the replacement keyboard in the car. I didn't test thoroughly. Again have a crappily QC'd unit--this one has no less than 5 keys that stick if I don't press them down fully or type too fast.

I'll try to make it work. I love Destiny and I love the aesthetic (especially for $24 and $32 for the mouse and keyboard respectively).
If your Target has self scanners then always scan items yourself. Or look over the employees shoulder and see the price that shows up on their scanner. If they're hiding the price from you then something is up.

Yeah I don't call ahead to ask about deals, that's just asking for a bad time. When I picked up my Elites I could hear the employees radio-ing electronics to ask them if they had any more of the elite controllers in stock because the store hadn't updated the stickers to reflect the drop to $45 yet and they wanted to get one

two stores in my town still have Elite controllers at $150, kinda surprised they haven't had any discount at all yet
Only one store near me has it in stock and still at $150.

Anyone here in Peru Illinois?
LOL same questions. That's an hour 45 drive for me. :(
Boy, Peru is more popular than my brother lets on. I texted him about the deal last night and he went in this morning. They said they had two and they rang up $75 not $45. He picked them up for us since it's just a little more than a regular controller's price. They weren't out front so he had to ask about them and the guy was like, "Oh, you mean the ones on clearance? We'll check in back for you." The conspiracy theorist in me thinks they were keeping them back there for Tuesday. He said they brought out the only two, but BS states low stock and target.com still lists it as in stock. Figured if we waited for Tuesday they'd be gone.

Yeah, I get it if it's gonna be a pita to push through. Hoping the Energizer xbone charging stand gets cleared soon
Not impressed with it. Loved it for PS3/360 and own multiples for those and they are great. For the One the battery packs started holding much less charge much sooner and the controllers just lean on the charger and often don't make proper contact or lose that contact.

Only one store near me has it in stock and still at $150.

Boy, Peru is more popular than my brother lets on. I texted him about the deal last night and he went in this morning. They said they had two and they rang up $75 not $45. He picked them up for us since it's just a little more than a regular controller's price. They weren't out front so he had to ask about them and the guy was like, "Oh, you mean the ones on clearance? We'll check in back for you." The conspiracy theorist in me thinks they were keeping them back there for Tuesday. He said they brought out the only two, but BS states low stock and target.com still lists it as in stock. Figured if we waited for Tuesday they'd be gone.

Not impressed with it. Loved it for PS3/360 and own multiples for those and they are great. For the One the battery packs started holding much less charge much sooner and the controllers just lean on the charger and often don't make proper contact or lose that contact.
Hmm interesting, right now I'm just relying on some rechargable AAs, I wonder how the play and charge kits are by comparison

Has it never occurred to store Managers to bring in a little extra inventory for employees to buy stuff too? Like let's say they order 100 xbox controllers. Why not order 110 and set aside some stock for employees to buy them so that employees and customers aren't metaphorically fighting for the same items.

Has it never occurred to store Managers to bring in a little extra inventory for employees to buy stuff too? Like let's say they order 100 xbox controllers. Why not order 110 and set aside some stock for employees to buy them so that employees and customers aren't metaphorically fighting for the same items.
You really don't understand how retail works.

Uh. Hmmmmm.....never thought of that. Soooo what's preventing the employees from buying whatever is in stock to resell later on? If you ever worked retail, and got paid $12/hr, but now you have a shot at a massive payday by buying up all these controllers and then selling them, would your gentle and kind heart not jump at the opportunity and let customers scalp these instead? Or would you rather scalp them for yourself? If it was me working at Target, hell ya I'd buy all that I could.

Uh. Hmmmmm.....never thought of that. Soooo what's preventing the employees from buying whatever is in stock to resell later on? If you ever worked retail, and got paid $12/hr, but now you have a shot at a massive payday by buying up all these controllers and then selling them, would your gentle and kind heart not jump at the opportunity and let customers scalp these instead? Or would you rather scalp them for yourself? If it was me working at Target, hell ya I'd buy all that I could.
Retail employees already do that to chase funko pops. They open the box and stock the normal funkos and keep the rare ones in the box and stash it somewhere in the back and when they're on their break, they go ring it up.

I'm not familiar with MN, but the Red Wing store is also showing stock
Cottage Grove still shows stock as well. Either not many people are interested in them or all 4 stores have inventory errors. It would be interesting if they suddenly show 0 stock in the next couple days.

Cottage Grove still shows stock as well. Either not many people are interested in them or all 4 stores have inventory errors. It would be interesting if they suddenly show 0 stock in the next couple days.
Yeah idk, they show actual 'in stock' status implying they show more than 1 on hand, generally Target has a pretty small margin of error so they might just be lost inthe back somewhere

Yeah idk, they show actual 'in stock' status implying they show more than 1 on hand, generally Target has a pretty small margin of error so they might just be lost inthe back somewhere
It wouldn't be the first time with inventory being wrong at Target, but usually there are only off 1 or 2, not 6. I imagine with at least some of these locations going under remodeling recently, this is the case for Savage, they could be lost in the backroom somewhere. I almost suspect that they may have scanned a different controller for the inventory, which could explain the discrepancy.

Maybe they'll show up in a few months at full price.

It wouldn't be the first time with inventory being wrong at Target, but usually there are only off 1 or 2, not 6. I imagine with at least some of these locations going under remodeling recently, this is the case for Savage, they could be lost in the backroom somewhere. I almost suspect that they may have scanned a different controller for the inventory, which could explain the discrepancy.

Maybe they'll show up in a few months at full price.
At least at my location, there seems to be an inventory error. I advised one of my friends to swing by and pick up an elite controller after my success, knowing that the inventory still showed 10 on hand. However, they were told that there must be an inventory error and that they were currently OOS.

Personally, there's evidence that my store workers might be pulling something shady. When I picked mine up, the worker commented that they've had the same 20 (or so) elite controllers on hand in the cage in the backroom since they were released. By his word, "I don't think the inventory has changed in months," which is consistent with the inventory being at 12 prior to my purchase of 2. Only a few hours later, the inventory still shows 10 and my friend was told that they didn't have any more.

However, it is worth pointing out that the inventory at my location still shows 10 and is "in stock" via Brickseek; if employees were simply hiding the controllers for their own purchase, I would have guessed that they would have picked them up the same day they were set aside. Afterall, it's not like they would be discounted for greater than the current 70%...so there's not an advantage to delay purchase.

Kinda annoyed with some of these markdowns. Twos stores nearby have the PS4 universal remotes showing $7.48 on brickseek but ring up at $12.48 in store. Tried using the app and setting home store at both locations but it just comes up with the $23.xx online price. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if they get updated in store.

Cottage Grove and Shakopee MN locations now OOS for Elite controller. Savage still shows 6. I have a feeling I was lied to at the Shakopee location, but oh well.

Just went up to my local Target again just to see if they had actually dropped the Minecraft controller down to $20 but still $32. Odd how Brickseek shows it for $20. Oh well, $32 was still a nice deal and my wife always wanted the pig controller.

Damn no pig or creeper controllers in my area,if anyone finds any extra I'd be happy to pay a few extra bucks for your troubles. My kid really wants one and his birthday is coming up

I tried using the Minecraft Cartwheel coupon on a Creeper controller earlier this evening but it didn't work.
Luckily the cashier was nice enough to manually apply the 20% discount for me so I got the controller for $26.99. :)

Cottage Grove had 1 Elite controller in the glass case next to the 1X for about 2 weeks at the $7X price. I was holding out for the drop to $45 and the day it finally dropped it was nowhere to be found yet it still showed in stock.
Then today I got a text from my wife and she asked if I wanted her to pick it up for me (she was there grabbing stuff for dinner and would just peak in case the 1 randomly showed up). I said sure and I got home and she had picked up the 2 they had. No idea where they came from but they went from 1 to nothing in sight, to 2 in stock. She said they were no longer in the case but along the back wall in a mess of clearance items.

That's a great wife. You are lucky
To be honest, she really wanted one too because she thinks it'll make her better at PUBG. I personally think she's gonna hate the controller. I'm looking forward to trying it myself. Reviews are kind of all over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw a clearance Man o War headset.  Anyone love or hate these?

I currently use my playstation platinum or my Thrustmaster Doom.  Love them both, but wondered if I should've snagged it too.

Yeah, it was an Overwatch. I like the color scheme, but couldn't convince myself I 'needed' it.
Yeah, I'm pretty heavy on Overwatch but had to tell myself to walk away, if I saw the Overwatch mousemat or deathadder I woulda said screw it tho

Fractured But Whole started dropping at a few stores, might be worth watching - https://brickseek.com/pricing-info/south-park-the-fractured-but/974253
I saw a gold edition for ps4 the other day, but i think it was marked either online item or repackaged at $42. Subsequently, it shows out of stock for that store.

Also, that link seems to only work if you pay for brickseek premium access. Not sure if you were referring to the standard or gold edition of the game.

Not crazy about the paddles, I removed them and love the feel and weight of the controller.
yeah, I can see how they'd be useful, but I keep forgetting which paddle is which button and accidentally hitting them if I'm trying to adjust myself on the couch

Fractured But Whole started dropping at a few stores, might be worth watching - https://brickseek.com/pricing-info/south-park-the-fractured-but/974253

I saw a gold edition for ps4 the other day, but i think it was marked either online item or repackaged at $42. Subsequently, it shows out of stock for that store.

Also, that link seems to only work if you pay for brickseek premium access. Not sure if you were referring to the standard or gold edition of the game.
Yeah, the gold edition shows OOS everywhere on BrickSeek and is unavailable on Target's website, but the vanilla game is showing as $24.99 for PS4 and $19.99 on XB1 right now on their website.

:ps4:

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-34-1263

https://www.target.com/p/south-park-174-the-fractured-but-whole-playstation-4/-/A-21537802

:xb1:

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-1263

https://www.target.com/p/south-park-174-the-fractured-but-whole-xbox-one/-/A-21537805

bread's done
Back