Target Clearance Thread XXII

Remember Me is like $6 at Toys R Us right now...
If you have a Toys R Us near you check them out, they were green tagged down to like $6 when I was in there yesterday!
Sadly, I think the closest TRU is more than 40 miles away from me (I say more than 40 because the closest one WAS about that before it closed a few years ago and I dunno where the next closest one is and I doubt it's very close), which when you take current gas prices into consideration, would cost me more than what my local Target has it on clearance for. I calculated and between sales tax, my REDCard, and employee discount, would come out to a little over $12.50, which isn't that bad for a game that seems really mixed in reviews.

Seen this in a news article that talks about cracking secret price codes (on clearance stickers) at various retailers.

(source info below is cut and paste from: http://www.newsnet5.com/)

Target:

Prices ending in .99 – that's full price.
Prices ending in eight – as in .98, .88, etc. – is a marked down price of an item on clearance.
Prices ending in four – as in .24, .04, etc. – this is also a marked down price of an item on clearance. At one point this was considered the final markdown price, but that's not accurate anymore.
I dig... I think I saw a picture on Facebook about Target clearance tags and it said that any price ending in 8 is the final clearance price. But, it also said that Mondays are when Electronics changes their clearance stuff and I dunno if that's true anymore (or if it was true to begin with) since it seems like it was later in the week when my store's electronics endcap changed.

extremely  YMMV,

My target still has an AC III which sat at 119.99 for ages.  Now it is a "repackage" at ~84.xx   However it is still spider wrapped with the slipcover and does not appear to be repackaged in the slightest.

also the Wii games from the "last chance" video games are gone, not in prisons or anywhere that I saw.

My target still has an AC III which sat at 119.99 for ages. Now it is a "repackage" at ~84.xx However it is still spider wrapped with the slipcover and does not appear to be repackaged in the slightest.
That probably means someone bought it and returned it.

If you're in Florida, it could be someone buying a high ticket item during the triple trade in, then returning it to get the gift card.

Sadly, I think the closest TRU is more than 40 miles away from me (I say more than 40 because the closest one WAS about that before it closed a few years ago and I dunno where the next closest one is and I doubt it's very close), which when you take current gas prices into consideration, would cost me more than what my local Target has it on clearance for. I calculated and between sales tax, my REDCard, and employee discount, would come out to a little over $12.50, which isn't that bad for a game that seems really mixed in reviews.

I dig... I think I saw a picture on Facebook about Target clearance tags and it said that any price ending in 8 is the final clearance price. But, it also said that Mondays are when Electronics changes their clearance stuff and I dunno if that's true anymore (or if it was true to begin with) since it seems like it was later in the week when my store's electronics endcap changed.
Yeah employees had told me Monday's but I had always seen new stuff on clearance on Thursdays.

Rosemead Target:
:360: Remember Me, Harley Pasternak's Hollywood Workout, Michael Jackson The Experience, :ps3: Just Dance Kids 2, :wii: ABC Wipeout Create & Crash - all same price
Also a bunch of unimportant $5 games mixed in.

Lakewood Target:
:360: Anarchy Reigns, Remember Me, Harley Pasternak's Hollywood Workout, :ps3: XCom Enemy Unknown - all same price

Cerritos Target (West/Greatland):
:360: Anarchy Reigns, Remember Me, Michael Jackson The Experience, :ps3: Resident Evil Revelations - all same price
:360: Army of Two The 40th Day Online Item $9.96
:360: Dead Space 2 Online Item $9.96

Norwalk Target (East/Imperial):
:ps3: Just Dance Kids 2, Dead Space 3 LE, XCom Enemy Unknown - all same price.

That probably means someone bought it and returned it.

If you're in Florida, it could be someone buying a high ticket item during the triple trade in, then returning it to get the gift card.
My target does not have Trade - In.

Unlikely to have been bought and returned considering there is a layer of dust on it. Also happened shortly after the "last chance" video games ended of which it was part.

extremely YMMV,

My target still has an AC III which sat at 119.99 for ages. Now it is a "repackage" at ~84.xx However it is still spider wrapped with the slipcover and does not appear to be repackaged in the slightest.

also the Wii games from the "last chance" video games are gone, not in prisons or anywhere that I saw.
I have seen this done at a Target Store. They had old stock that was not selling and marked multiple items as "Repackaged" and they where games and movies that where factory sealed. The markdowns where pretty lame from 10-30% off. If any CAGS are in the Twin Cities area take a look at the Fridley Target, I believe that they still have some like this.

On another note, saw Call of Duty Black Ops Big Case Edition for $44.98 (AS-IS) marked from $89.98.

Found :vita: Lego Lord Of The Rings for 50% off at 9.9x in Houston at the San Felipe location. 

Also two First Act Acoustic Guitars for like 2.25 each "AS IS" still in package. I guess my kids got some guitars.

I hadn't had any luck with Target clearance in ages, but found a copy of Aliens: Infestation (DS) for $3.04 at the West Madison, WI Target tonight.

Baldwin Park Target:

:3ds: Nintendogs + Cats 207 02 1403 $13.98
:360: Rock Band 3 As Is $5.06
:3ds: Lego Batman 2 DC Super Heroes $13.98
:ps3: Just Dance Kids 2 $5.98
:360: Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 207 22 0941 $29.98

The usual: Anarchy Reigns, Remember Me, XCom Enemy Unknown, ABC Wipeout Create & Crash

PS Vita Lego LOTR $9.98
:360: Remember Me $13.xx
PSP Lego POTC $9.98
PS3 Michael Jackson $9.xx
:3ds: Shinobi w/ luigi stylus $9.xx

Didn't have time to get numbers off of sku's, sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you guys know the prices? Usually at my store the end is just filled with cluster fuck and no stickers. I saw a Bioshock Infinite LE or something just chilling there but no tags or nothing.

There was a LEGO Lord of the Rings on the Vita for $9.99 at Target today. Was tempted but I passed.
Now I am full of regret.
Why? The lego vita games are garbage. They are slimmed down ports akin to an ios/android game.

"Graphical concessions, technical issues, and sloppy design mar the experience from beginning to end, keeping the magic and wonderment of Middle Earth from ever shining through. It's a disappointing and ill-timed misstep for a franchise that's typically been fun for players of all ages. Save your money for a different game, or better yet, the superior console version."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/26/lego-the-lord-of-the-rings-vita3ds-review

Why? The lego vita games are garbage. They are slimmed down ports akin to an ios/android game.

"Graphical concessions, technical issues, and sloppy design mar the experience from beginning to end, keeping the magic and wonderment of Middle Earth from ever shining through. It's a disappointing and ill-timed misstep for a franchise that's typically been fun for players of all ages. Save your money for a different game, or better yet, the superior console version."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/26/lego-the-lord-of-the-rings-vita3ds-review
And now I feel better. Man, I didn't know about the issues with the Vita Lego games. I started playing this one on my brother's 360 when I visited for Christmas and was going to take this as an opportunity to finish it. Glad I didn't.

Thanks for letting me know.

There's actually a couple people around these parts that preferred the vita version of Lego Marvel over the console version precisely because it didn't contain all of the extra content of the console version. Lego Batman 2 isn't terrible. I don't disagree that they're not good ports, but for some people it's exactly what they're looking for.

You can also keep an eye on the Russians.
Or be a Russian...

46711875.jpg

I hadn't had any luck with Target clearance in ages, but found a copy of Aliens: Infestation (DS) for $3.04 at the West Madison, WI Target tonight.
I nabbed up 5 Aliens: Infestations at $5.98 a couple weeks ago... I have a feeling this game is going to end up becoming a "gem" for several reasons.

1) It was one of the last DS games (maybe THE last DS game) made, so it sold like crap because everyone wanted 3ds games.

2) It's a Metroidvania style game that's REALLY addictive... Funny how they inspired eachother Alien movie > Metroid game > Alien Game

Gameplay/Review: http://youtu.be/aGp-j8e6AEA

Picked up Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection Vita today for $7.48 stickered as "online item" and was marked downed from $29.99. Also saw Paper mario and DK guides for $3.xx.

Pasadena Target:
:ps3: Sorcery 207 24 0422 $5.98
:ps3: Eyepet 207 24 0373 $5.98
:ps3: Just Dance Kids 2 $5.98
:360: Twister Mania 207 22 0646 $5.98
:360: Remember Me $9.98
:360: Anarchy Reigns $5.98
:360: Alvin and the Chipmunks Chipwrecked 207 22 0875 $5.98
:wii: Harley Pasternak's Hollywood Workout 207 26 0919 $5.98
:wii: Alvin and the Chipmunks Chipwrecked 207 26 0875 $5.98

bread's done