Target Clearance Thread XXII

Pasadena Target:
:ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter As Is $7.56.

Puente Hills Target:
:vita: Wipeout 2048 Online Item $16.06
:ps3: Dead Space LE $13.98
:3ds: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever Edition $9.98
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D Strategy Guide As Is $5.06
:br: Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters 3D 3DBD + BD
Online Item $11.26
:dvd: The West Wing Complete First Season As Is $12.56
:br: Inmortals 3D 3DBD + BD + DC Online Item $9.06

Last edited by a moderator:
The "largest Target on the East Coast" just opened near me. Hopefully will also have the largest clearance section =]
I wouldn't expect it, especially not until at least post holidays. New stores aren't over burdened with inventory and big stores are usually busy stores which means less clearance and/or it's probably going to get picked off at lower markdowns. Probably won't see it's worth either way for a while.

Beverly Connection Target:
:pc: Sid Meier's Civilizations V Repackage $10.01

La Cienega Target:
This store practically had everything tagged as Repackage!! Yet everything was definitely new, most of them aren't really much of a deal, but I list most of what I saw. I'm so dizzy having to jot down everyone..

:ps3:
Nascar The Game Inside Line $20.01
Cabela's Hunting Expeditions $15.01
Nascar The Game 2011 $20.01
Ben 10 Galactic Racing + Happy Feet Two $15.01
Eyepet $5.98
Resistance 3 $15.01
Everybody Dance $20.01
The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim + Bioshock Infinite $15.01
Damage Inc. Pacific Squadron WWII $25.01
Sly Cooper Thieves in Time $10.01
Remember Me $10.01
Just Dance 3 $20.01
Just Dance 4 $20.01

:wii:
Harley Pasternak's Hollywood Workout $5.98

:3ds:
Cross Word Plus $15.01
Horses 3D $15.01
Imagine Babyz $15.01
Dead or Alive Dimensions $10.01
The Adventures of Tintin The Game $20.01
CN Punch Time Explosion $20.01
Cubic Ninja $10.01
Myst $15.01

:ds:
Victorious Taking the Lead $7.51
Gummy Bears Minigolf $15.01
Fossil Fighters Champions $15.01
Professor Layton and the Las Specter $15.01
Rise of the Guardians $10.01

:psp:
SOCOM U.S. Navy Seals Fireteam Bravo 3 $15.01
Little Big Planet $10.01
Lego Star Wars III The Clone Wars $10.01
Killzone Liberation $5.01

:vita:
Hot Shots Golf World Invitational $7.51

:pc:
Toy Story 3 $15.01
Darksiders II LE
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare GOTYE $10.01
Europa Universalis IV $20.01

:360:
Rock Band 3 $10.01
UFC Personal Trainer $15.01
Red Faction Armaggedon + Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine $15.01
Jeopardy $15.01
Let's Cheer $10.01
Shaun White Skateboarding $7.51
Top Gun Hard Lock $10.01
Twister Mania $5.98
Country Dance All Stars $10.01
Anarchy Reigns $13.98
F1 Formula 1 2011 $20.01
The Sims 3 $10.01
X-Men Destiny $25.01
My Sims Sky Heroes $15.01
Spongebob Squarepants Planktons Robotic Revenge $15.01
Dragon's Dogma $15.01
Remember Me $9.98
Worm's Collection $10.01
Zone of the Enders HD Collection $15.01
Rabbids Alive & Kicking $10.01
Damage Inc. Pacific Squadron WWII $25.01
Brave $10.01
2K Sports Topspin 4 + Major League Baseball 2K11 $20.01
NCAA Football 13 $15.01
Power Rangers Super Samurai $15.01

Strategy Guides:
Home Front As Is $5.06
Sim City As Is $3.76

:dvd: + :br: The Ten Commandments Online Item $4.66

Culver City Target:
:ps3: Binary Domain Repackage $11.01
Home Front Strategy Guide As Is $5.06
:br: Supernatural Season 4 Online Item $12.26
:br: The Dictator As Is $5.06
:br: The Vampire Diaries Season 1 Online Item $27.56

May want to check the glass cases from electronics time to time or other areas of the store, target has moved stuff to odd places at times.

Yeah especially the Legos if you're there at the right time. That's about it though. Guess they lost too much money on those 40¢ ACIVs and can't even afford to clearance things out now. ;)
It's just that time of year. All the LEGOs get snapped up at 30% which isn't cheap enough for me.

Went by Target today....no games but they did have a few of the Razer Sabertooth XB360 controllers for $39.98 (originally $79.99) and picked one up.

I bought two sets of trigger extenders for the PS3 controller's L2 and R2 buttons for $1.48 each. I had never seen these before but it was a nice price. I have Daytona USA on my PS3, so I'm hoping these will make it more pleasant to control.

May want to check the glass cases from electronics time to time or other areas of the store, target has moved stuff to odd places at times.
This, my Target has moved electronic clearance into the end-caps of the toy department, and i've also seen clearance on the end-caps of sporting goods in a different Target.

Yesterday at Fox Hills Mall Culver City Target:

:3ds: ABC Wipeout 2 As Is $5.06
:ps3: Sorcery $5.98

Today:
North Hollywood Target:
A lot of Skylanders Giants Hex figures for $2.48.

Los Angeles Topanga Mall Target:
Strategy Guides:
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance As Is $6.26
Paper Mario Sticker Star As Is $5.06
:br: Fringe Season 1 Online Item $30.06

There was also an untagged Super Mario Land 3D strategy guide in the clearance shelf, but I didn't check the price as I had to GTFO right away.

Snagged a bunch of Halo and COD Mega Bloks sets this morning at 70% off...

Zombie tranzit farm, helicopter for COD. Bunch of halo small collections for halo.

I'm such a sucker for video game sets...

Pandemic is on clearance! Only 30% still but it's a start. 15 Mile and Van Dyke have one more copy but I haven't seen it at the other two stores we've been to.

Star Trek Catan is 70% there as well, forgot to look at Clinton Township to see if they still had it and it dropped.

Clinton Township had two copies of A&A 1914 at 70% as well. Got the only copy of the Risk in wood box I've seen at 70% too.

Yesterday at Fox Hills Mall Culver City Target:

:3ds: ABC Wipeout 2 As Is $5.06

Today:
North Hollywood Target:
A lot of Skylanders Giants Hex figures for $2.48.

Los Angeles Topanga Mall Target:
Strategy Guides:
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance As Is $6.26
Paper Mario Sticker Star As Is $5.06
:br: Fringe Season 1 Online Item $30.06

There was also an untagged Super Mario Land 3D strategy guide in the clearance shelf, but I didn't check the price as I had to GTFO right away.
Lol, that Paper Mario is cheaper than Gamestop...as is you say? Might as well be Gamestop new.

Hmm...Star Trek Catan...after it gets discontinued, you could resell that for almost double in a few years I would guess?

@elessar123: Dat avatar, lol.

Clearly resellers stocking up for the holidays.
Are they really making that much money? Depending on the clearance price, Amazon still may be cheaper or only more expensive by a few dollars so why bother? And don't get me started on the fees that eBay and Amazon take out; I know someone who does this and complains a lot about them.

Did meet a horado before at a Fry's Marketplace that's still clearing video games for not that great a price. I was getting XBOX Live credit for half and this one guy was like, "Oh, I'm taking all the XBOX stuff. I've got it all reserved."

Funny thing was the clerk with the key said to him, "You know that's not our store policy." All the guy could say was, "All right, take what you want, while you still can."

Oh and I gotta say, he looked, talked, and even smelled like a butt.

It must be worth it for them. A dollar or two profit across a couple hundred items it obviously adds up. And that's how the people that do this full time and make serious bank do it. The volume they do really is mind boggling and I suppose the only way they can maintain that is by selling literally anything they can get their hands on.

Especially during the holiday season. Toys are insane and those people make can make crazy money in two or three months if they have the inventory.

Oh and it was Axis & Allies 1941 not 1914 that I found. Rather disappointed about that actually since the 1914 version is more interesting to me. More people are probably interested in the 1941 version though.

Now I really want to find 1914 for cheap.

^Basically. Though remember, there are plenty of stuff that can get double to triple profit. Hoarding is a bit much but when you're your own boss and make the same or more than someone who works 40 hours a week, I'd say it's worth it.

It must be worth it for them. A dollar or two profit across a couple hundred items it obviously adds up. And that's how the people that do this full time and make serious bank do it. The volume they do really is mind boggling and I suppose the only way they can maintain that is by selling literally anything they can get their hands on.

Especially during the holiday season. Toys are insane and those people make can make crazy money in two or three months if they have the inventory.
I guess that thing about volume really does work. Interesting.

I guess that thing about volume really does work. Interesting.
Yeah, people like that will drop a couple grand at a time on things like this if the situations right. You really have to have a decent base of capital and the ability to sit on inventory until it sells to really be one of these big time sellers.

Are they really making that much money? Depending on the clearance price, Amazon still may be cheaper or only more expensive by a few dollars so why bother? And don't get me started on the fees that eBay and Amazon take out; I know someone who does this and complains a lot about them.

Did meet a horado before at a Fry's Marketplace that's still clearing video games for not that great a price. I was getting XBOX Live credit for half and this one guy was like, "Oh, I'm taking all the XBOX stuff. I've got it all reserved."

Funny thing was the clerk with the key said to him, "You know that's not our store policy." All the guy could say was, "All right, take what you want, while you still can."

Oh and I gotta say, he looked, talked, and even smelled like a butt.
El Hoardo possible at Fry's? I doubt it unless he does separate orders with different cashier. I'm 100% sure every Frys in SoCal (in-store and online too) are very strict on how many and what you can buy. I believe their store policy is a limit of 3 of the same item and a limit of 1 of the same item if it's "on sale".

I know this because I got rejected lol trying to buy 7 copies of Diablo III CE (signed by blizzard developers). They only let me buy 3 though which I flipped on eBay during xmas for a nifty profits of $600+ after fees.

El Hoardo possible at Frys? I doubt it unless he does separate orders with different cashier. I'm 100% sure every Frys in SoCal (in-store and online too) are very strict on how many and what you can buy. I believe their store policy is a limit of 3 of the same item and a limit of 1 of the same item if it's "on sale".
I passed by him one more time at the video game clearance before leaving the store and he was b****ing about something over his cell phone...wonder if he was talking to corporate about this policy?

While I was blitzkreiging TRUs today, I also sweeped multiple Targets along the route.

Pico Rivera:

Where did the section go?

Norwalk:

Disney Princesses Universal Console Clutch for :ds: :3ds: 207 00 0248 $6.98

Game Traveler for :psp: 207 00 0787 $10.48 (Blue, Silver, Black colors)

:360: Anarchy Reigns $5.98

Cerritos:

Nothing.

Seal Beach:

:pc: Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Online Item 10.05

:3ds: Bobblehead Stylus Luigi and Peach 207 00 0052 $3.98

:dvd: The Good Wife Season 1 Online Item $5.06

Razer Sabertooth Elite Gaming Controller for :360: 207 00 0497 $39.98

:ps3: Just Dance Kids 2 $13.98

Signal Hill:

:pc: Borderlands 2 As Is $7.56

:3ds: Bobblehead Stylus Luigi $5.58

Disney Princess Universal Console Clutch for :ds: :3ds $6.98

Bought the MegaBloks Halo UNSC Light VTOL for $6.98.

Torrance:

Game Traveler for :psp: $10.48

Manhattan Beach:

Game Traveler for :psp: $10.48

Disney Princesses Universal Console Clutch for :ds: :3ds: $4.98

Redondo Beach:

HA, the Eyepets here have been removed from clearance and are now $19.99!

:pc: Might & Magic Heroes VI As Is $12.56

:3ds: Bobblehead Stylus Yoshi and Luigi $3.98

Got myself the MegaBloks Call of Duty Little Bird for $9.98

Gardena:

:br: Immortals BD+DC Online Item $5.76

:dvd: nip/tuck Season 1 Online Item $11.76

:dvd: To Kill A Mockingbird 50th Anniversary Edition Online Item $2.56

:pc: Stronghold 3 Gold As Is $5.06

:3ds: Bobblehead Stylus Mario $5.58

North Long Beach:

Skylanders Swap Force Night Shift + Boom Jet Repackage $17.51

Skylanders Swap Force Countdown Repackage $7.01

Skylanders Swap Force Phantom Cynder Repackage $7.01

:br: The Big Bang Theory Season 3 Online Item $11.26

Lol, that Paper Mario is cheaper than Gamestop...as is you say? Might as well be Gamestop new.
No, this is the strategy guide.

fuck, went last night and somebody bought the Star Trek Catan that had been sitting at 50% at my store.  I'll be near a couple other Targets today though so will have to check those out.

I did get Super Mario Checkers for $2.98 though because why the hell not?

No luck on Star Trek Catan at 2 other Targets I visited today, but I did snag Apples to Apples for $7.xx and some solid men's apparel 70% off.  No gaming finds unfortunately, one store still has 6-7 AC3 LE's for $119.99  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:

Ironically enough an hour or so later we stopped at the Target the hoarders had wiped out for something else and there was a Mario checkers just on a random shelf.

Stopped at 2 Targets and found Xcomm for PS3 for $2.24.  Other than that slim pickings, toys where picked through as well but I got what I needed last week for that.

Why is your sig always messed up. Ruins the pages.

\]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IM\
[LIST][*][URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=10&t=330363&qpid=11982592"]Quote[/URL]
[/LIST]

bread's done
Back