Target Clearance Thread XXII

It worked before CAG 3.0 launched, too lazy to fix.......though it may have been broken before, I do not remember.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bunch of interesting finds today locally...

GTA4 complete/Max Payne 3 double pack 360 repackage $7.61

Cabelas dangerous hunts 2013 with fear master gun ps3 repackage $7.21

Shinobi 3ds with luigi stylus repackage $3.41

Titanfall guide repackage $8.61

Borderlands 2/Dishonored 360 pack repackage $10.31

Wonderbook ps3 repackage $7.41

Assassins creed 3 LE repackage $52.51

What's Target's policy on a game whose DPCI is out of the system? I've got Pokemon Black 2 near me, and it's sitting on the shelf with a blank price tag.

What's Target's policy on a game whose DPCI is out of the system? I've got Pokemon Black 2 near me, and it's sitting on the shelf with a blank price tag.
If it's entirely out of the system it will tell them to send it to salvage and then it will be YMMV on if the manager will sell it to you. My experience is that they generally will at the last clearance price.

What Eldritch said. Although, even though Pokemon Black 2 might not have a price tag, it hasn't been out of the system at any of my Targets. White and White 2 were clearanced a long time ago, but not Black or Black 2. Did you enter the DPCI into the price checkers to confirm it was out of the system?

What Eldritch said. Although, even though Pokemon Black 2 might not have a price tag, it hasn't been out of the system at any of my Targets. White and White 2 were clearanced a long time ago, but not Black or Black 2. Did you enter the DPCI into the price checkers to confirm it was out of the system?
Yes. It gave an error message.

Unless the DPCI was somehow wrong? It had a normal price tag, just with a completely blank name and price.

Are these prices YMMV or should any target ring them up at these prices?

Wii Party U has always been $50 when I go (also I can't find it in their system anymore)

They must have just put those on clearance today. The two stores I went to yesterday still had a shit ton on the shelves. I don't have a wii remote plus so I would love to find one at that price.

My son just recently became obsessed with Mario (moreso Luigi) so getting that Wii Remote Plus is a definite must buy. At $10 it's a no brainer.

If anyone spots one cheap please pick one up for me! I'll gladly pay a bit extra for it.

My son just recently became obsessed with Mario (moreso Luigi) so getting that Wii Remote Plus is a definite must buy. At $10 it's a no brainer.

If anyone spots one cheap please pick one up for me! I'll gladly pay a bit extra for it.
I'll keep an eye out :)

Well, apparently the Luigi remote sale isn't nationwide. I went to the Mosaic Center Target in northern VA. They had a pile on the shelf unmarked and no hang tag, so I took two to the price scanner. Both rang up "Item not in system". I took it to an employee and asked him about it, he said if it's not in the system they can't sell it. He offered to take them to guest services and ask, he came back a bit later and said they might have gotten mixed up in the system and are supposed to be ringing up at $39.99. I thanked him for his time but walked away critically disappointed.

Seems like YMMV, but I'm gonna try a couple other closer to my house. Good luck everyone! If anyone comes across some extra, I'd be happy to reimburse you for one. Thanks!

The upc isn't being recognized in the system, so it's coming up "item not on file". The UPC may have been deleted from the system. However when its scanned with a PDA under item search, it will come up as $39.99 along with the proper DPCI. The only way you'll get it for a cheap price, is if it get marked as an "Online item" which only a Price change team member will be able to do. 

Nothing quite like getting Legos and other loot on clearance at 70% plus additional 10% off with the USPS moving coupon (and of course, the Target redcard discount for another 5% off).  And another 5% off if you have the transferred prescriptions promo.

Only unfortunate thing is the moving coupons are unique and thus one time use and have a maximum savings capped at $100. However getting multiples of them is hardly an issue.

Nothing quite like getting Legos and other loot on clearance at 70% plus additional 10% off with the USPS moving coupon (and of course, the Target redcard discount for another 5% off).

Only unfortunate thing is the moving coupons are unique and thus one time use and have a maximum savings of $100. However getting multiples of them is no problem.
Which Lego sets were 70%?

My local store hasn't had anything on clearance other than a starcraft in the past month.

Also I was watching some Legos at 50% and when I went back one day they must have dropped more because every clearance set was gone :(

My local store hasn't had anything on clearance other than a starcraft in the past month.

Also I was watching some Legos at 50% and when I went back one day they must have dropped more because every clearance set was gone :(
Yeah, the resellers snap those up soon as they hit 50% most of the time.

Which Lego sets were 70%?
This round, a ton of sets. Most notable ones were SW sets including millennium falcon, mandalorian speeder, duel on geonosis, at-rt, drone set, republic drop ship, any of the older sets if your store hadn't cleared then out previously (jabba's palace, the rancor pit, sarlaac pit, and the walker I think it's the AT-ST), also a few stores had other newer sets on clearance like the sail barge. Lego city had a ton of sets on clearance, also any knights/castle and LOTR sets if your store hadn't clearanced them before, a bunch of Chima sets and a few of the heroes sets (man of steel sets, iron man 3 sets, spidey chopper at some stores, some Lego juniors sets like the Spidey/Venom one).

Note that just about all of the sets that have been clearanced this and the previous couple of rounds is available on target.com... ;-)

This round, a ton of sets. Most notable ones were SW sets including millennium falcon, mandalorian speeder, duel on geonosis, at-rt, drone set, republic drop ship, any of the older sets if your store hadn't cleared then out previously (jabba's palace, the rancor pit, sarlaac pit, and the walker I think it's the AT-ST), also a few stores had other newer sets on clearance like the sail barge. Lego city had a ton of sets on clearance, also any knights/castle and LOTR sets if your store hadn't clearanced them before, a bunch of Chima sets and a few of the heroes sets (man of steel sets, iron man 3 sets, spidey chopper at some stores, Lego juniors sets).

Note that just about all of the sets that have been clearanced this and the previous couple of rounds is available on target.com... ;-)
Those were all gone a while ago around here.

This round, a ton of sets. Most notable ones were SW sets including millennium falcon, mandalorian speeder, duel on geonosis, at-rt, drone set, republic drop ship, any of the older sets if your store hadn't cleared then out previously (jabba's palace, the rancor pit, sarlaac pit, and the walker I think it's the AT-ST), also a few stores had other newer sets on clearance like the sail barge. Lego city had a ton of sets on clearance, also any knights/castle and LOTR sets if your store hadn't clearanced them before, a bunch of Chima sets and a few of the heroes sets (man of steel sets, iron man 3 sets, spidey chopper at some stores, Lego juniors sets).

Does the winky face imply something like online order return/rebuy? Otherwise I'm not sure what you could be hinting at, but I appreciate you taking the time to give me a detailed list reply. I'll definitely check my local stores next time I'm around, but I won't get my hopes up in case it's been picked clean already.

Does the winky face imply something like online order return/rebuy? Otherwise I'm not sure what you could be hinting at, but I appreciate you taking the time to give me a detailed list reply. I'll definitely check my local stores next time I'm around, but I won't get my hopes up in case it's been picked clean already.
That is exactly what the winky face represents.

Retail, but will usually have a 5-15% discount but it will show you the difference. Target will not markup Lego sets, like TRU tends to do on premium sets.

Btw, your avatar reminds me of a cross between Bigfoot on acid or a groovy Dr. Zaius. Either way I like them both.

Retail, but will usually have a 5-15% discount but it will show you the difference. Target will not markup Lego sets, like TRU tends to do on premium sets.

Btw, your avatar reminds me of a cross between Bigfoot on acid or a groovy Dr. Zaius. Either way I like them both.
How painful is the return/rebuy process for internet items at Target and do you think the clearance will still be valid by the time shipping arrives?

How painful is the return/rebuy process for internet items at Target and do you think the clearance will still be valid by the time shipping arrives?
Return/rebuy is always "YMMV" however that said, I've never had any issues with it, whether originally purchased in store or online. The online purchase invoice and their return policy clearly states that returns are accepted either online or at any physical store location. As far as repurchasing immediately, well that of course is at the store's discretion.

quick, easy, free returns
Need to return an item purchased online? Our goal is to make the return experience as hassle-free as possible. Check out the return process for online purchases and details about our return policy.

all about returning Target.com purchases
Shopping and returning is easy with Target.com. Most online purchases can be returned to a Target store. If you prefer to mail in your item, or if you purchased one of the few items that is not store returnable, rest assured that returns are free. Simply follow the steps below to get started.

return items to a store
If you're returning your item to a Target store, bring the item you'd like to return to Guest Services along with one of the following:
packing slip included with online purchase
credit card you used to make the purchase
printed receipt from Target.com’s online return center

Target Return Policy

Our promise to you
We promise to attempt a return on every item purchased in our stores or on Target.com by scanning your receipt or packing slip, offering receipt look-up*, or processing a non-receipted return or exchange using a valid government-issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license). Most items can be returned in your Target store as noted on the packing slip in the Return Method column. Just bring in the packing slip and the item. If you prefer or need to mail in your return, go to the online return center to follow the easy return process and print the prepaid Target.com return label.

Refund/exchange policy
Most unopened items in new condition and returned within 90 days will receive a refund or exchange. Some items have a modified return policy noted on the receipt or packing slip, the Target policy board (refund exceptions), Target.com or in the item department. This will also be displayed during the checkout process if purchased on Target.com. Items that are opened or damaged or do not have a packing slip or receipt may be denied a refund or exchange. All bundled items must be returned with all components for a full refund. Bundle components may not all have the same return policy. Please check your packing slip for details.

There has been an end cap full of games marked "repackage" that haven't changed price in 6 weeks.  I know repackage items don't get regular drops, but you would think they would have A drop at some point.

There has been an end cap full of games marked "repackage" that haven't changed price in 6 weeks. I know repackage items don't get regular drops, but you would think they would have A drop at some point.
All I can say is don't count on it. The big ass target on penn ave in Pitt had a huge end cap of repackaged titles for like 9 months that never dropped in price. Then one day they just magically have the white 19.99 tag

Keep the dream alive though dood

There has been an end cap full of games marked "repackage" that haven't changed price in 6 weeks. I know repackage items don't get regular drops, but you would think they would have A drop at some point.
I have seen repackage stuff sit for over a year actually, unfortunately once a item has a repackage sticker it either buy it at that price or buy it down the road at that same exact price cause it won't change even once

Same store two years ago dropped the price on some repackage games after two weeks.  I know that's the exception and not the rule.  I would figure they would do something considering the amount of stuff they have in this bin.  It is almost overflowing.

Norwalk Target:
:ps2: Guitar Hero Repackage $20.01
Dead Space 3 Strategy Guide As Is $6.26

Puente Hills Target:
A lot of laughable prices and stuff still shelfwarming from last time.
:vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus As Is $19.96
:pc: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 4 Game Mega Pack As Is $10.06
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception As Is $19.96
Game Traveler for PSP (Blue and Black case) $4.48
Mario & Luigi Dream Team Strategy Guide As Is $12.06
:dvd: Diary of a Wimpy Kid As Is $14.96
:dvd: Shrek 2 As Is $14.96
:360: Crysis 2 As Is $15.96
:pc: Assassin's Creed Revelations As Is $8.06
Gioteck AX1-A Amplified Stereo Headset for :360: $20.98

Saw Nokia Lumia 520s at 50% off at two different stores today. ($34.98)

No gaming related clearance though.

Current "Special Offers" for back to school stuff end on 9/13, so hopefully all that stuff will go clearance on the 14th

Saw Nokia Lumia 520s at 50% off at two different stores today. ($34.98)
Hmm, saw those on clearance at a lower percentage a couple weeks back. Been looking for a cheap phone so i can sell this 5 before the new one comes out, wonder if that 520 would work on post paid ATT.

Hmm, saw those on clearance at a lower percentage a couple weeks back. Been looking for a cheap phone so i can sell this 5 before the new one comes out, wonder if that 520 would work on post paid ATT.
If you're referring to the GoPhone 520 then yes it'll work on post paid - all GoPhones will.

Make sure you have a sim adapter thing. The 520 has a micro sim and the 5/5S have a nano sim. I use a 520 as my backup/don't care if it breaks phone. It also runs Perk TV when I'm not using it so I can farm giftcards ;D

No action for ten days?!

Some of the back to school stuff is up to 70% off.

Unfortunately sharpies aren't.

Still nothing noteworthy game wise.

Hopefully the astronaut ice cream will clearance soon.

Saw a Canon t3i tagged clearance at $399.98 (tagged 30%, actually 33%)

If anyone sees the super soakers go to 70% let me know, been watching them for at least 3 weeks and they've been sitting at 50%.

If you're referring to the GoPhone 520 then yes it'll work on post paid - all GoPhones will.
Thanks, never saw this (or the phone) but that's good to know if a good deal on one comes up again.

I found a 2 pack of 8GB Jumpdrives for $9.08 each and a set of PS3 trigger buttons for $0.88 (I bought them before at $1.48 but they broke so I bought 3 more because I like the triggers better)

I saw a couple different 32gb USB sticks at 30% off. (was around $15-17 I think)

I'll post pictures when I get home tonight.

And the Lumia 520 GoPhones made it down to $20.98/70% off

Cape Girardeau, MO store was pretty sad when I visited Monday. Had 2 different areas: in the middle of the back electronics wall and next to the media storage racks for DVDs.

No games :( -- the drought continues.

Can't remember how long it has been since I got a clearance game from Target. Nowdays when I buy a game from Target it's either a game I get for nothing with a PM and their preorder promo, or it's a filler game to mask the price of the game after the promos which I return later on.

bread's done
Back