Target Clearance Thread XXII

No no, the people I know who do it do. Not all, but a good amount. Mind you, its their business at this point. They tend to buy bulk most of the time now.

I make only 5 figures since its part time for me. That and school takes up just as much of my time.

But I completely understand. Buying out stock the day the store opens is a bit much but its a dog eat dog world. To most this is their living (certainly is for me). I know that if someone misses out on a deal, that could be their bills for the month. I may not like buying out stock but if some guy needs to do so to keep his power on, than let the little boy cry for not getting an Xbox One on his birthday.
Or you could, you know, get a real job. Millions of people work honest jobs and go to school at the same time

Or you could, you know, get a real job. Millions of people work honest jobs and go to school at the same time
That's exactly what I'm in school for. And I would agree with you but than again, I can afford everything I want plus some. I'll continue doing me but you can judge me as you please. I'm sure it makes you feel better.

You can add me to those millions of people too, since I use to work for retailers and go to school, than I decided to become my own boss and make more than I did before. And I have more free time too. So your point is?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's exactly what I'm in school for. And I would agree with you but than again, I can afford everything I want plus some. I'll continue doing me but you can judge me as you please. I'm sure it makes you feel better.

You can add me to those millions of people too, since I use to work for retailers and go to school, than I decided to become my own boss and make more than I did before. And I have more free time too. So your point is?
Did you switch to working at home and start $8,000/month? TELL ME YOUR STORY.

Did you switch to working at home and start $8,000/month? TELL ME YOUR STORY.
Pretty much. School was taking too much of my time. But that's what happens when I'm in a 5 year degree (Game Design and Development - majority programming w/ some design courses. Minor in Management) and among the hardest at my school (next to Architecture and Engineering).

Was making roughly $500 - $600 working 20 - 30 hours at random jobs (Gamestop, Taco Bell, GNC, etc.) but it was cutting into my school time. My major is very demanding and I end up spending hours doing projects and studying for exams. It's not just dedicating 2 hours to studying, its waking up, working on school work all day, than sleeping w/ few breaks in between.

I've always been frugal (been on CAG, SD, Dealzon, etc. for years) so I decided one day to just sell some of my games. Found that I made a good amount from doing so. Went on to buying double of whatever game I got on a deal. Made back what I made and end up spending nothing. After some years I got use to doing it and one day decided since I can't keep my jobs due to time, I can just sell games on the side in the little free time.

Skip some time and I'm here. I go to school full time, quit my minimum wage jobs, and sell games on the side (including electronics, tablets, phones, etc. Always lower than any retailer would normally sell it for too). I make enough to pay my entire tuition, housing, bills, games, hanging out w/ friends, etc. and have plenty left over for my savings.

It's definitely not easy and I still dedicate a lot of time and money to it, but it's worth it to me. Mind you not everyone can do it and most people will fail (like any small business, and yes this is a business for me. I am a Sole Proprietor and do my own taxes for it).

Pretty much. School was taking too much of my time. But that's what happens when I'm in a 5 year degree (Game Design and Development - majority programming w/ some design courses. Minor in Management) and among the hardest at my school (next to Architecture and Engineering).

Was making roughly $500 - $600 working 20 - 30 hours at random jobs (Gamestop, Taco Bell, GNC, etc.) but it was cutting into my school time. My major is very demanding and I end up spending hours doing projects and studying for exams. It's not just dedicating 2 hours to studying, its waking up, working on school work all day, than sleeping w/ few breaks in between.

I've always been frugal (been on CAG, SD, Dealzon, etc. for years) so I decided one day to just sell some of my games. Found that I made a good amount from doing so. Went on to buying double of whatever game I got on a deal. Made back what I made and end up spending nothing. After some years I got use to doing it and one day decided since I can't keep my jobs due to time, I can just sell games on the side in the little free time.

Skip some time and I'm here. I go to school full time, quit my minimum wage jobs, and sell games on the side (including electronics, tablets, phones, etc. Always lower than any retailer would normally sell it for too). I make enough to pay my entire tuition, housing, bills, games, hanging out w/ friends, etc. and have plenty left over for my savings.

It's definitely not easy and I still dedicate a lot of time and money to it, but it's worth it to me. Mind you not everyone can do it and most people will fail (like any small business, and yes this is a business for me. I am a Sole Proprietor and do my own taxes for it).
What school is it?? I doubt you paid it off full,???

What had this thread devolved into?  Congrats on your flipping prowess!  Most people here will look down on you for it, myself included.  There is no point in trying to change people's minds on the legitimacy of your "business".

What school is it?? I doubt you paid it off full,???
Rather not give out any personal information but yes, I pay everything off in full every semester.

What had this thread devolved into? Congrats on your flipping prowess! Most people here will look down on you for it, myself included. There is no point in trying to change people's minds on the legitimacy of your "business".
Thanks :p As I said before, not trying to change anyone's mind as I still get paid and make more than most people do doing something I enjoy. Just offering some insight. Take it for whatever you want.

Rather not give out any personal information but yes, I pay everything off in full every semester.

Thanks :p As I said before, not trying to change anyone's mind as I still get paid and make more than most people do doing something I enjoy. Just offering some insight. Take it for whatever you want.
Lol dont see how a school name hurts but okay, nice

Was making roughly $500 - $600 working 20 - 30 hours at random jobs (Gamestop, Taco Bell, GNC, etc.)

Skip some time and I'm here. I go to school full time, quit my minimum wage jobs...
Where exactly is minimum wage $16.67 to $30 per hour? Unless you meant making $500-600 PER MONTH at 20-30 hours PER WEEK, making $500-600 working 20-30 hours equates to at least $16.67 per hour ($500/30 hours) to at most $30 per hour ($600/20 hours).

good for you. They are just jelly.

Where exactly is minimum wage $16.67 to $30 per hour? Unless you meant making $500-600 PER MONTH at 20-30 hours PER WEEK, making $500-600 working 20-30 hours equates to at least $16.67 per hour ($500/30 hours) to at most $30 per hour ($600/20 hours).
He clearly meant per month. Almost no undergraduate would complain at that kind of money per week.

You do realize that anyone can look at your post history and reach the conclusion within 2 minutes that you're contradicting most everything you have said lately, right? You posted a ton in the LE PS4 thread talking about how you were keeping it in your "personal museum of gaming history" yet you rapidly start asking questions about reselling it. Then you sell it on Amazon to help with school expenses.

You post 4 or 5 days ago that you resell occasionally to help with expenses but suddenly now you're Mr. 50% Profit pulling down "more than most people" with your sole proprietorship. Which is it?

You mention internships in your Game Design degree field starting at $15 an hour yet you "know plenty of resellers making 6-figure profit". Why waste time in school if you can make 50% profit so easily?

They have tons of Hello Kitty and holiday M&M's on sale. If that isn't reason enough I don't know what is.
Ironically enough, I was there today and saw a shit ton of hello kitty clearance and after checking the gaming area (it was a bust) I bought some m&ms just so it wasn't a wasted trip.

Ironically enough, I was there today and saw a shit ton of hello kitty clearance and after checking the gaming area (it was a bust) I bought some m&ms just so it wasn't a wasted trip.
It seems that nobody likes the peppermint M&Ms. There was very little food left yesterday in the Christmas clearance, except for a metric shit ton of those in 3 different areas.

It seems that nobody likes the peppermint M&Ms. There was very little food left yesterday in the Christmas clearance, except for a metric shit ton of those in 3 different areas.
I think it's the white chocolate which is good for me because I prefer that over the dark. I grabbed 5 bags today and will probably grab some more when it goes to 90%

So I'm all grumpy now. Just bought the Duck Tales HD Pin edition during the big target sale. Haven't opened it yet but now I see it's free through PS+. Now the real question is do I keep it for the pin and I guess keep the game if I ever lose PS+ or should I return it/trade it?

Way to pick on a guy that I read on the internet is now a successful NFL athlete.
Internet-Quotes.jpg

You do realize that anyone can look at your post history and reach the conclusion within 2 minutes that you're contradicting most everything you have said lately, right? You posted a ton in the LE PS4 thread talking about how you were keeping it in your "personal museum of gaming history" yet you rapidly start asking questions about reselling it. Then you sell it on Amazon to help with school expenses.

You post 4 or 5 days ago that you resell occasionally to help with expenses but suddenly now you're Mr. 50% Profit pulling down "more than most people" with your sole proprietorship. Which is it?

You mention internships in your Game Design degree field starting at $15 an hour yet you "know plenty of resellers making 6-figure profit". Why waste time in school if you can make 50% profit so easily?
1. I was going to keep it. Didn't since the money was better and it helped pay for school.

2. I did not post a ton about how I was keeping it. I posted that I wanted to keep it but the money was better. Than I posted about how I was selling it instead.

3. More than most people on minimum wage (you know, the thing I referenced).

4. If you looked at my post you would have saw that I'm "planning" on getting an internship and the starter internships are $15. Not that I'm currently taking one.

5. Don't take my words out of context to fit your needs. If you're going to take the time to read my post, read all of it.

Thought it was obvious that I meant monthly.

Almost no graduate would complain about that kind of money per week.
Fair point.

Saw the same thing today. Every kind of bagged candy from major brands (Snickers, M&Ms, Twix) was gone except for the peppermint M&Ms. It's always some kind of crappy M&Ms that are left behind. Halloween it's the Candy Corn ones, Valentine's Day it's some kind of minty candy, Easter it's... I don't remember. Some kind of egg thing?

nicely said. I would not be working if I made that much. Rather have my free time.

So I'm all grumpy now. Just bought the Duck Tales HD Pin edition during the big target sale. Haven't opened it yet but now I see it's free through PS+. Now the real question is do I keep it for the pin and I guess keep the game if I ever lose PS+ or should I return it/trade it?
keep the game and the pin the pin sounds cool. Id rather have physical copies.

I really wish I got that super smash bros 3D XL. I bet target sold out before the sale here. My stores here tend to sell things quickly. I already have the SMB2 editon. I don't need 3 of them. I will get it down the line s

keep the game and the pin the pin sounds cool. Id rather have physical copies.
I do too. In most cases I do keep the physical copies to build my physical collection. The problem with Duck tales is that it's a physical case with a pin in it but it doesn't include the disk. Only a voucher for a digital download. So I could keep the case and pin....meh it does seem like a pretty cool pin

I do too. In most cases I do keep the physical copies to build my physical collection. The problem with Duck tales is that it's a physical case with a pin in it but it doesn't include the disk. Only a voucher for a digital download. So I could keep the case and pin....meh it does seem like a pretty cool pin
Well there is also a disc version out there.

5. Don't take my words out of context to fit your needs. If you're going to take the time to read my post, read all of it.

I read enough to know that depending on what thread you're posting in, you're either (a) a college student doing what it takes to make ends meet or (b) a super successful business owner who is qualified enough to give out advice on reselling.

Perhaps you should start a travelling seminar tour showing all the unwashed masses on how to reliably make a 50% ROI buying games and electronics from local stores and reselling. Maybe the first topic could be Target Clearance Flipping 101.

I read enough to know that depending on what thread you're posting in, you're either (a) a college student doing what it takes to make ends meet or (b) a super successful business owner who is qualified enough to give out advice on reselling.

Perhaps you should start a travelling seminar tour showing all the unwashed masses on how to reliably make a 50% ROI buying games and electronics from local stores and reselling. Maybe the first topic could be Target Clearance Flipping 101.
"Super" successful is a stretch. I'm successful in that I do this for a living and don't worry about money as much as I use to. I don't make extravagant amounts (nor did I imply I did, others have though) but I definitely make enough for this to be my main job. And I'm in college. Is it so far-fetch for you to believe that? Than you have to exaggerate my words to fit your weird hatred for it.

Good luck w/ everything. I'm sure it gives you great pleasure to attempt to undermined and misconstrue my words.

Disney pins are highly collectible (they're everywhere at Disney theme parks, and pin trading is a huge market). You could probably sell the pin and cover the cost of the game (I'm assuming it was $10 or less).

Just ask Manti Te'o's girlfriend!
I would, if she existed was still alive. Sadly, she died...of complications from cancer, a car accident, and some other lifelong, chronic, sudden illness(es). Or something.

Here are a couple of Holiday toy clearance goodies some of you might be interested in looking out for (use the brickseek Target DPCI checker to potentially sniff 'em out in your local stores)...though sadly it seems many Target locations have pulled / tossed / destroyed / "sent back" / donated any remaining Holiday shite, at least if the stores I've visited today and yesterday are any indication.

086-02-2024 Lego Friends Girl on Girl Jet Ski Polybag $.39 at most stores (90% off)

086-03-0182 Barrel o' Ninja vs Robots red and blue plastic figures, think army men, 96 assorted figures $.50 at most stores (90% off). They look like this

This is true, and while I wish the version I bought came with the disk I'm sure not going to go buy the disk version as well. Especially not with an already digital download code as well as the game for free from PS+
I did not know you could buy digital codes of a game in stores. Times are changing. I knew about virtual games

Ended up getting the rest of the worthwhile Christmas leftovers at the local store (basically a handful of ornaments that weren't broken).  Got a Crane Teardrop humidifier as well for 50% off on clearance at $20.  Been really disappointed with the clearance lately.

51aT-ETHWAL._SY400_.jpg

Found one of these buried under a pile of hello kitty crap, rang up for about $5.. Also found Epic Mickey 2 for ps3 for ~$5 and the walking dead GOTY for 360 for ~$7.. Not bad

Saw two ps vita 8gb memory cards at my target but passed. Hope they make it thru another drop.

Did find this gem though:

Not in the video game category, but I got an online copy of the Blu-Ray for UHF for $3.something a few days before Christmas.  

SUPPLIES!!!!!

Ended up getting the rest of the worthwhile Christmas leftovers at the local store (basically a handful of ornaments that weren't broken). Got a Crane Teardrop humidifier as well for 50% off on clearance at $20. Been really disappointed with the clearance lately.
Be careful rummaging through the Christmas ornament "dump bins"...LOTs of extremely sharp, jagged broken glass ornaments I've encountered.

bread's done
Back