Target Clearance Thread XXII

My target had a copy of call of duty ghost hardened edition but was not in the computer and the guy in electronics said he could not get a price on it so it is going to salvage, but I found it back on the shelf today. Is there any way of buying it?
Gotta ask for a manager then and there. They'll usually sell it at the last clearance price.

My target had a copy of call of duty ghost hardened edition but was not in the computer and the guy in electronics said he could not get a price on it so it is going to salvage, but I found it back on the shelf today. Is there any way of buying it?
Call for a manager.

wi53alul.jpg

x735Yv0l.jpg

Resellers hate me. I only allow 1 system per family household. They try to use pictures of coupons, discounts and pharmacy coupons. If they ever ask for a manager I have 3 managers who agree with me so I call one of them. Best feeling when they come and say no to them wanting more. I once had 1 reseller try to bribe me with money. Lol

My Target is having a huge Hello Kitty clearance. $14 for the karaoke machine. $10 for the boom box. $7 for the portable CD player with ear buds. $4 for the alarm clock.

Resellers hate me. I only allow 1 system per family household. They try to use pictures of coupons, discounts and pharmacy coupons. If they ever ask for a manager I have 3 managers who agree with me so I call one of them. Best feeling when they come and say no to them wanting more. I once had 1 reseller try to bribe me with money. Lol
I understand why doing this is a thing but I really don't agree with it. It should be the store limit based on the item. Certain items are 1,2, 3 or more per customer. Employees really shouldn't be making up their own rules as to those limits and managers shouldn't agree with it.

I may resell but I also buy deals for my brothers and roommates. I don't try to buy 10+ of anything (usually 2 or 3) but the few times an employee denied me and an manager did as well, I simply call corporate on them and just get gift cards for the situation. I agree, limit people to the actual limits of an item (like consoles which tend to have a 1 per customer limit) but limiting me to 1 copy of Halo (when I wanted 3) is crazy to me. Especially when there is plenty in stock.

I really don't mind it though b/c I tend to get something for being denied from someone trying to make up rules on store policy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand why doing this is a thing but I really don't agree with it. It should be the store limit based on the item. Certain items are 1,2, 3 or more per customer. Employees really shouldn't be making up their own rules as to those limits and managers shouldn't agree with it.

I may resell but I also buy deals for my brothers and roommates. I don't try to buy 10+ of anything (usually 2 or 3) but the few times an employee denied me and an manager did as well, I simply call corporate on them and just get gift cards for the situation. I agree, limit people to the actual limits of an item (like consoles which tend to have a 1 per customer limit) but limiting me to 1 copy of Halo (when I wanted 3) is crazy to me. Especially when there is plenty in stock.

I really don't mind it though b/c I tend to get something for being denied from someone trying to make up rules on store policy.
Someone's mad trying to make a buck. Calling corporate because you weren't able to buy 3 copies of Halo, and it seems you are very quick to call corporate when you don't get what you want

I find it sad this brings joy to you. It comes across as you being more of a dou*he. A lot of people use reselling as their main source of income. Who the heck cares if they they buy out all the systems? Is target going to give you extra flare to put on your Red T-Shirt to show your loyalty towards the store instead of a pay raise.

If there was an actual person wanting to buy the consoles behind that person I could see your justice but other than that its just sad dude. Not something I would brag about. Maturity comes in the form of understanding all aspects of a situation. While you get joy of stopping a reseller so other people can have the opportunity to get the deal. You also stop that person from making a living. Flip the situation and someone steals your car and now you can't get to work. Understand all facets of life and you wont have such a superiority complex.

Don't understand why you need to be denied before calling corporate. It seems like you should be calling hourly until you run out of items in inventory. You would be a millionaire in a few days time.

I find it sad this brings joy to you. It comes across as you being more of a dou*he. A lot of people use reselling as their main source of income. Who the heck cares if they they buy out all the systems? Is target going to give you extra flare to put on your Red T-Shirt to show your loyalty towards the store instead of a pay raise.

If there was an actual person wanting to buy the consoles behind that person I could see your justice but other than that its just sad dude. Not something I would brag about. Maturity comes in the form of understanding all aspects of a situation. While you get joy of stopping a reseller so other people can have the opportunity to get the deal. You also stop that person from making a living. Flip the situation and someone steals your car and now you can't get to work. Understand all facets of life and you wont have such a superiority complex.
There are plenty of other ways to earn a living. I don't understand the sympathy for resellers, they are trying to make a quick buck by price gouging people. It's not like they are doing a favor by selling someone a rare item at 3-4 times MSRP.

Most items actually do have limits on how many can be purchased.

Infant Forumla

New Release Movies/CD (5 per guest)

iPads (1 per guest, unless ad notes otherwise)

Game Consoles 1 per guest

Pre-paid phones (1-2 per guest, depending on store) *even if their clearance*

iTunes/PSN/XBL/ect cards (3-?? depending on stock)

Usually doing B2GO it's a limit to 1 title/per console. So maybe that's when they denied 3 Halo titles.

Vendors/reseller will buy all a store stock, if no rules are in order/enforced. Thanks to site like CAG/SD they knew when things will be on sale, and many of them will buy up stock before the sale hits and get price adjustments later. So when stores open on sunday and normal guest come looking for the stuff and we're out of stock @8am, it isn't fair to them. Also vendors will just flip the items/sell them overseas but won't purchase any "attachments". Atleast with a normal guest, they'll be shopping for years to come for the system they brought. Allowing target to make money off accessories, Target only makes about $5-10 off each console/ipad sell. the real money comes from the accessories.

Someone's mad trying to make a buck. Calling corporate because you weren't able to buy 3 copies of Halo, and it seems you are very quick to call corporate when you don't get what you want
No, I call corporate when employees make up rules on what I should buy. I was denied buying 3 copies of Halo: MCC on launch (no deal, other stores were OOS on launch night but Target). I asked them what was the limit and can he show me proof on it. Of course he showed me that there was no limit on Halo.

Call corporate, made my order and they gave me a $50 gift card. I don't normally call corporate b/c I don't normal get denied for small things like that.

Just stating an example of why it's ridiculous to deny people for buying more than 1. Yes, for buying over 5 - 10+ or so but small amount is out there.

Most items actually do have limits on how many can be purchased.

Infant Forumla

New Release Movies/CD (5 per guest)

iPads (1 per guest, unless ad notes otherwise)

Game Consoles 1 per guest

Pre-paid phones (1-2 per guest, depending on store) *even if their clearance*

iTunes/PSN/XBL/ect cards (3-?? depending on stock)

Usually doing B2GO it's a limit to 1 title/per console. So maybe that's when they denied 3 Halo titles.

Vendors/reseller will buy all a store stock, if no rules are in order/enforced. Thanks to site like CAG/SD they knew when things will be on sale, and many of them will buy up stock before the sale hits and get price adjustments later. So when stores open on sunday and normal guest come looking for the stuff and we're out of stock @8am, it isn't fair to them. Also vendors will just flip the items/sell them overseas but won't purchase any "attachments". Atleast with a normal guest, they'll be shopping for years to come for the system they brought. Allowing target to make money off accessories, Target only makes about $5-10 off each console/ipad sell. the real money comes from the accessories.
I did say there are limits on items. It's employees making their own limits that bother me. They should go by the store policy on that item, not what they feel they should sell.

When I was in the store they confirmed that there was no limit on Halo. I later confirmed with corporate that there was none and they shouldn't have denied me. Again, this barely ever happens (only happened to me 3 times to me).

I have no problem with the purchase limit, but again it is when employees create their own policy on the fly. The 3 times this happened to me at Target, there was no deal. It was for Halo: MCC on release day, 2 copies of Pokemon White 2 and 2 copies of CoD: Ghost (PS3 for $10. Plenty was in stock too). I definitely agree with you on people buying out stock, they should certainly be limited, but by the store policy.

There are plenty of other ways to earn a living. I don't understand the sympathy for resellers, they are trying to make a quick buck by price gouging people. It's not like they are doing a favor by selling someone a rare item at 3-4 times MSRP.
Do you really think all items are price gauged b/c they got something on a deal. Some items are (gamecube adapters, rare amiibos, etc.) but for the items you are talking about, it sounds like just average stuff that happens to go on sale. Is it bad for someone to take the time to research a deal, clip coupons, combine deals, etc. to get the price and sell it for XYZ amount? Say buy AC: Rouge for $10 and selling it for $30. $10 before MSRP. Is that a bad thing? Is it really bad for someone to save money (though obviously not as much as the seller did for the research, time and effort they put in to get that price)?

Most people go on eBay / Amazon for those type of items b/c its cheaper than the stores. It's not like most of these items are being sold at outragous prices. Often times they are saving people money, if they weren't, people wouldn't buy from them.

Now this goes for run of the mill items. Not rare items like limited edition consoles.

I know our store enforces limits on resellers because of the attachment rate. Target makes little to nothing on selling most electronics. Which is why they push accesories service plans etc. There are goals stores have to meet. And every employee can have "Accesory Attachment Rate%" tracked so if your job is electronics then it is important because come review it might help or hurt a raise or you staying in that position. It all depends how the management is. Other items with limits is ymmv

And that's a valid reason to limit though still against store policy. Issue is I was denied at customer service where I had the games held.

Most stores have that actually which is why they push credit cards, warranties, bundled items, etc. in certain areas. But at the end of the day, they (a regular employee) can't deny you a limit unless it is the store limit. It is up to a manager to deny someone for any reason regardless of policy though. Which is why calling corporate is the only resolution in cases where you're denied.

I know a good amount of us here on CAG have been denied price matches b/c the price is "too low", which is absurd. But that's where corporate comes in.

And that's a valid reason to limit though still against store policy. Issue is I was denied at customer service where I had the games held.

Most stores have that actually which is why they push credit cards, warranties, bundled items, etc. in certain areas. But at the end of the day, they (a regular employee) can't deny you a limit unless it is the store limit. It is up to a manager to deny someone for any reason regardless of policy though. Which is why calling corporate is the only resolution in cases where you're denied.

I know a good amount of us here on CAG have been denied price matches b/c the price is "too low", which is absurd. But that's where corporate comes in.
So you call corporate when you have any issues

target doesnt have specific limits on most things but if you go to guest service there is something on the wall stating each store has a right to limit whatever they want. My store doesnt have a limit on anything but we sell to the resellers all they want because they want to make sales. I limit them on sunday's when the new sales start because they come in and try to buy every single ipad, wii, or 3ds in stock. At that point i limit them to 2 each because you cant buy out the entire stock at 8 am and then i have to hear people bitch about why we dont have this and the sale just started today. My execs tell them they can come back during the week and buy as many as they want but not on Sundays.

Good job, keep it up. These resellers are making my hobby more expensive than it should be.

target doesnt have specific limits on most things but if you go to guest service there is something on the wall stating each store has a right to limit whatever they want. My store doesnt have a limit on anything but we sell to the resellers all they want because they want to make sales. I limit them on sunday's when the new sales start because they come in and try to buy every single ipad, wii, or 3ds in stock. At that point i limit them to 2 each because you cant buy out the entire stock at 8 am and then i have to hear people bitch about why we dont have this and the sale just started today. My execs tell them they can come back during the week and buy as many as they want but not on Sundays.
Yea that sounds most fair. Usually after the first day, I don't feel sorry for anyone who missed out on something they wanted. I feel like if you really want something that's a great deal and suppose to sell out quickly, then be proactive and go get it on the first day. I saw so many people on here said ill wait till tomorrow and then decide to go check out target on the 3rd 4th 5th day during the target clearance sale couple weeks back. Then whine and complain about how they just missed out cause someone bought them all just an hour before. Then that becomes your own fault.

Lucky for you that you have the stupid/lazy resellers. I always call for the store manager when crap like this happens. If they also side with guys like you, I call corporate. They won't side with you for sure.

I know our store enforces limits on resellers because of the attachment rate. Target makes little to nothing on selling most electronics. Which is why they push accesories service plans etc. There are goals stores have to meet. And every employee can have "Accesory Attachment Rate%" tracked so if your job is electronics then it is important because come review it might help or hurt a raise or you staying in that position. It all depends how the management is. Other items with limits is ymmv
Hate to break it to you but your attachment/redcard/survey score and plenty of other things don't determine your review score. Don't believe what any gstl or etl tells you otherwise. My attachment scores been red for a while now & idgaf. Never been moved from my position nor written up. All that stuff matters to Gtsl, ETLs, & stls bonuses.

So you call corporate when you have any issues
I call corporate when employees make up their own rules. I barely ever have issues like that. Most employees don't have this social justice to stop people from buying items much less 2 of a full price game. Much less go against their store policy for it. Main reason why corporate would side w/ me (and anyone else that calls) in these cases.

I'm sure if I was there Sunday morning buying out all (10+) shipments of a new console than I would be stopped (as it is a 1 per customer limit) but to buy 2 of a game and be stopped for some pulled out their ass number limit is wrong. Especially when it isn't a deal.

And this is more than fair though still against corporate policy. As you said, stores (managers, not regular employees) can limit whatever they want w/ whatever consequences that come with that. I don't come in on Sunday's buying iPad's and consoles that will make me lose money. Not sure how anyone would make money selling these items they bought at MSRP / $50 or so off but than again, I'm not buying it.

Corporate policy is actually to let the store managers to use their best judgement
It is. I'm talking about a regular employee limiting customers to X amount when the policy states otherwise. It is up to the manager to give the final decision, not some cashier.

If the manager told anyone "no, we're limiting you to X", than it would be all good.

It is. I'm talking about a regular employee limiting customers to X amount when the policy states otherwise. It is up to the manager to give the final decision, not some cashier.

If the manager told anyone "no, we're limiting you to X", than it would be all good.
In your example you seemed to bypass talking to a manager and went straight to corporate. Why didn't you ask to speak to a manager?

In your example you seemed to bypass talking to a manager and went straight to corporate. Why didn't you ask to speak to a manager?
In those situations, I did ask. Manager was never actually called. After waiting for a while I left. Easier to let corporate know and have them relay the information so it doesn't happen again. Which it doesn't. The other two times was at stores I barely go to so not sure how they handle it now at those stores.

I call corporate when employees make up their own rules. I barely ever have issues like that. Most employees don't have this social justice to stop people from buying items much less 2 of a full price game. Much less go against their store policy for it. Main reason why corporate would side w/ me (and anyone else that calls) in these cases.

I'm sure if I was there Sunday morning buying out all (10+) shipments of a new console than I would be stopped (as it is a 1 per customer limit) but to buy 2 of a game and be stopped for some pulled out their ass number limit is wrong. Especially when it isn't a deal.

And this is more than fair though still against corporate policy. As you said, stores (managers, not regular employees) can limit whatever they want w/ whatever consequences that come with that. I don't come in on Sunday's buying iPad's and consoles that will make me lose money. Not sure how anyone would make money selling these items they bought at MSRP / $50 or so off but than again, I'm not buying it.
My team lead and exec tell me to limit it however i want because I been there for years so they tell me to limit what I think is fair. As I stated before, If you look at guest service you see the disclaimer saying the store has a right to limit anything they want to make it fair for all guests to have an equal opportunity. I dont know why you keep arguing because calling corporate and complaining about trying to buy 50 ipads and being denied isnt going to get you anywhere nobody what you say. I'm not talking about limiting games and stuff we have plenty of like your master chief example, I'm talking about the extreme. Corporate policy is to limit how each store pleases So i dont know what policy you are talking about.

My team lead and exec tell me to limit it however i want because I been there for years so they tell me to limit what I think is fair. As I stated before, If you look at guest service you see the disclaimer saying the store has a right to limit anything they want to make it fair for all guests to have an equal opportunity. I dont know why you keep arguing because calling corporate and complaining about trying to buy 50 ipads and being denied isnt going to get you anywhere nobody what you say. I'm not talking about limiting games and stuff we have plenty of like your master chief example, I'm talking about the extreme. Corporate policy is to limit how each store pleases So i dont know what policy you are talking about.
Did you not read what I said. I agree with managers limiting people who are going to buy out stock. And that managers have the final word on what policy they choose to follow. Managers have the final word, no one else. As I already said, I have no problem with a manager limiting for whatever reason as it is within the store's policy to allow that.

We agree.

Did you not read what I said. I agree with managers limiting people who are going to buy out stock. And that managers have the final word on what policy they choose to follow. Managers have the final word, no one else. As I already said, I have no problem with a manager limiting for whatever reason as it is within the store's policy to allow that.

We agree.
I read exactly what you wrote lol but that is not what you said. you said "this is more than fair though still against corporate policy." my point here is that it isnt against corporate policy and that is what I was addressing but let's get the thread back on track because shouldn't continue this, as it seems to get some resellers mad.

I read exactly what you wrote lol but that is not what you said. you said "this is more than fair though still against corporate policy." my point here is that it isnt against corporate policy and that is what I was addressing but let's get the thread back on track because shouldn't continue this, as it seems to get some resellers mad.
Against policy for a team member to decide to make that decision. Only a manager can.

Back on topic. Call of Duty Ghost Hardened Edition has been on clearance for a while. It should also stack with this weeks Cartwheel coupon for 35% off. Expires 01/24/2015.

call_of_duty_ghosts_target.jpg

Against policy for a team member to decide to make that decision. Only a manager can.

Back on topic. Call of Duty Ghost Hardened Edition has been on clearance for a while. It should also stack with this weeks Cartwheel coupon for 35% off. Expires 01/24/2015.
Does NOT auto stack with cartwheel.

Target in Carson, CA has the 16GB and 8GB Vita memory cards. 16GB is $30 but as stated before thats not an amazing sale as you can get it for the same or a little cheaper on amazon.

Sucks that the Memory Card prices are not going off the new MSRP prices. I think a new 16 GB card's MSRP is now $40, not $60. Sneaky move Target, pulling that stunt.

I shut resellers down all the time and could care less who gets mad. They can call corporate or whoever they want. Target policy is we can limit guests which is stated on the back of each weekly ad. "We reserve the right to limit quantities" which can be determined by a "regular" Target employee if need be. I've been a electronics team member for around 3 years, so my judgement is qualified and approved by my team leads and LODs. I could care less if reselling is your job or main source of income because I think resellers are scavengers especially during Christmas time where they buy up all the hot toys/electronics and price gauge parents who just want to give their child a good Christmas. We are CAGs here. This isn't Slickdeals. This site wasn't created for scavengers to feed off us CAGs who love the hobby of playing video games. It was created to create a community of gamers to help each other out so we can get games cheap to play.

Now all this talk here of those who fund their gaming by reselling. That's nonsense because you're taking away from your gaming community here by buying up entire inventories. Some people may not like me here because of my post but like when it comes to the resellers, I don't care.

We're all entitled to our opinion on the matter (and for the most part I agree). I don't buy large quantities or come in on Sunday's to do so. Looks like, just from what I've heard here, that it's only authorized resellers who can charge X amount more than most people.

Not sure why it's assumed us resellers on here don't play games though. Weird.

call_of_duty_ghosts_target.jpg
Where are you at SOCAL CAGERS!!!!

Westminster, CA Goodwill has like 10+ PS3/Xbox 360 version of Ghost Hardened Edition for $14.99.

bread's done
Back