Target Clearance Thread XXII

Alright guys, got very lucky tonight! Scored Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns Target Edition for $20, MGS: SE 3D for $30 and both Skylanders Dark and Light Expansion packs for $30/each.

Amazing night and run! Thanks for the updates guys!

EDIT: Do know that everything but MGS had to have a manager override since it didn't automatically take the discount even though it was in the end-cap for the deal.
Anyone know final fantasy play better on what console? I have a xbox and ps3 and not sure which to get. I know dead island rip is bad on ps3. Also, I saw metal gear solid hd ps3 for $29.99. I wish they remaster the 1st game

Anyone know final fantasy play better on what console? I have a xbox and ps3 and not sure which to get. I know dead island rip is bad on ps3. Also, I saw metal gear solid hd ps3 for $29.99. I wish they remaster the 1st game
Barring the first FFXIII, I think the latter two have performed better on the 360. I recall this being a hot topic way back when and it was because after FFXIII, Square, like other third parties, used the 360 as the standard from which the PS3 was ported.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found the Terraria Collectors Edition for $9.99 for ps3. I never played it and my son has been wanting to try it. After discounts $9.71. Worth the risk to me.

Found the Terraria Collectors Edition for $9.99 for ps3. I never played it and my son has been wanting to try it. After discounts $9.71. Worth the risk to me.

got it for 5 bucks because it wouldnt ring up

I picked up the following the other day:

Soul Sacrifice - Vita - $9.98

Unit 13 - Vita - $7.98 

Had a ton of other games, but nothing really interested me... or I already had it.

It looks like it is: 207-24-0577
Yup, I found the PS4 version which is 207-34-0577 in store and figured it would most likely be the same last 4 digits but with the "24" middle which designates PS3 (similar to how most if not all PS3/X360 games are 24/22). Anyway, thanks very much for the head's up on this one, picked up the last two copies at the store which the electronics rep had to dig out of the back stockroom. Rang up automatically with the "special purchase" promo $9.99/$0.00...$5 each is not bad for an individually numbered 15,000 print run limited edition.

EDIT: I wouldn't mind grabbing a sealed copy of some/all of the clearance PSV games, but only if I could get them as part of the B1G1 promo or at 70% off. $10 for Soul Sacrifice is good, but $5-6 would be better

Yup, I found the PS4 version which is 207-34-0577 in store and figured it would most likely be the same last 4 digits but with the "24" middle which designates PS3 (similar to how most if not all PS3/X360 games are 24/22). Anyway, thanks very much for the head's up on this one, picked up the last two copies at the store which the electronics rep had to dig out of the back stockroom. Rang up automatically with the "special purchase" promo $9.99/$0.00...$5 each is not bad for an individually numbered 15,000 print run limited edition.
Very cool. Do you know if the game is any good? My son is 7 and loves Minecraft so I thought he might enjoy this as well. Havent had a chance to open and try it yet.

EDIT: I wouldn't mind grabbing a sealed copy of some/all of the clearance PSV games, but only if I could get them as part of the B1G1 promo or at 70% off. $10 for Soul Sacrifice is good, but $5-6 would be better
I saw a buttload of Vita games at various Targets yesterday. West Hollywood had a bunch and they have a endcap dedicated to the B1G1 non plano games. (I don't think clearance will work though).

The Target on Beverly was slim pickings

I also recall the store at Fox Hills Mall having a decent selection.

On Jefferson in Culver is a mess though.

Gonna hit up South Bay today!

The Technic sets I remember were oddly still at 30%. I didn't check what set was what through, sorry. Is there any particular Lego sets your looking for? I can keep an eye out for you the next time I go scouting.
Sorry, missed this one previously. Not really looking for anything in particular, just curious as to which Technic sets were on clearance. I've seen the $39.99 Hot Rod, the $19.99 Snowmobile, and the $99.99 Sports Truck all on clearance at various price points and was wondering if you've seen any other sets besides those on clearance.

I need to stop buying LEGOs and probably return some of the ones I bough this month!  Bought the two Ultra Agents sets today (still at 50% off) since they were the last ones left after after having at least six of each last week.  Someone cleaned out the other 30+ various LEGO sets that were on clearance as well.  Only looks like the small figure sets even hit 70% off sadly.

Also LBP Vita $20, Hot Shots Golf Vita $7.50, Smart As $7.50, and MLB 14 Vita but don't remember the price on that one.

The children's librarian at my library is way out of my league, any increasingly creepy internet advice?

I need to stop buying LEGOs and probably return some of the ones I bough this month! Bought the two Ultra Agents sets today (still at 50% off) since they were the last ones left after after having at least six of each last week. Someone cleaned out the other 30+ various LEGO sets that were on clearance as well. Only looks like the small figure sets even hit 70% off sadly.

Also LBP Vita $20, Hot Shots Golf Vita $7.50, Smart As $7.50, and MLB 14 Vita but don't remember the price on that one.

The children's librarian at my library is way out of my league, any increasingly creepy internet advice?
MLB 14 Vita I saw a couple of days ago for $14.98.

As for that librarian...

If you don't try you fail. If you try and fail...well that happens, but if you don't try it's auto fail. I still remember talking to some people and them getting a look of disgust and I'm like okay i'm out! 

Eccentric billionaire I consulted for about a decade ago once told me "no means yes!", although that was in response to querying him about any advice he may have regarding business transactions. It was pretty much his creed in life apparently though, as he did end up in a spot of trouble involving accusations of inappropriate sexual advances and relations with his children's nanny/au pair...

Dude told me wolfenstein ps4 is $27 so idk how people are getting it for $20.

I have an idea, if I buy two games from one target and return them at another target that has signs up, I think they're stock them the next day and I should be able to get an override

Dude told me wolfenstein ps4 is $27 so idk how people are getting it for $20.

I have an idea, if I buy two games from one target and return them at another target that has signs up, I think they're stock them the next day and I should be able to get an override
Target clearance is YMMV. Some stores have it for $20, some for $27, some for $12, some for full price, and some stores don't have it at all. Though next week, it will probably drop to $20 for your store.

Is it really that valuable? I looked on eBay and people have them listed high but didn't seem like anyone was bitting.
They go for like $70+ on Amazon and do sell.

Those sets are pretty sweet but I wound up selling mine because how can you not when it's that much.

I scanned a GoW Collection at one of my Target's and the scanner came up with "Item Not Found."  Is this not in this store's system? I find it odd since there were 5 or so copies.

I scanned a GoW Collection at one of my Target's and the scanner came up with "Item Not Found." Is this not in this store's system? I find it odd since there were 5 or so copies.
Sounds like it has clearanced out of the system or salvage. Either they can give it to to you at last price or wont sell it at all

Finally...I managed to find some decent clearance. 

- Final Fantasy XIII-2 360 

- Tekken Hybrid 

- Star Trek PS3 (This was a bad idea, don't buy it)

They were $5.98 and Star Trek got taken off as the free game...and the sign said it didn't work on clearance items! Ha. 

The clearance works on the PSP dual packs (Daxter/SAC, Syphon Filter/SOCOM). If you don't have em already for PSP, you can get four games for $15.

I tried some Vita games but it didn't work. Shoot. Actually...most of the games I grabbed didn't combine.  

Finally, I found Tales of Xillia (standard not LE) for $20.98. This a good price?

What does the scanner say if they qualify? I didn't see "promo".
I actually did NOT see anything on the price checking scanners. When the CS rep scanned a few of the games at the desk she read something like, "Buy one DS or 3DS game get one free." We were both like WTF?

Target clearance is YMMV. Some stores have it for $20, some for $27, some for $12, some for full price, and some stores don't have it at all. Though next week, it will probably drop to $20 for your store.
I see, it's $27 at both targets near me. Hopefully it does go down to $20 next week

I scanned a GoW Collection at one of my Target's and the scanner came up with "Item Not Found." Is this not in this store's system? I find it odd since there were 5 or so copies.
You should be able to get them for $5.98 each...or less. Find an employee with the large hand scanner PDA (the one that has the trigger, NOT the little Mickey Mouse red ipods) and have them scan it to get the last price in the system on it. More than likely it will be 70% off of $19.99 = $5.98

What does the scanner say if they qualify? I didn't see "promo".
On the old in-store price scanners (ones with number pad running vertically on the right hand side), it will show "SPECIAL PURCHASE" on the right hand side of the screen (where it usually shows the Target logo or some comment about "Save 5% With RedCard"). I haven't been in any store with the newer touchscreen or ipad scanners so I can't tell you what those screens will show or where. BTW I scanned a metric fuckton of games at this one store that had MOUNTAINS of these "NOP" "value" games along with the signs up for B1G1, and probably less than a third of the titles there that "should" qualify actually showed the "SPECIAL PURCHASE" promo and rang up automagically.

This store also "supposedly" has 5 copies of the PS3 Terraria Limited Edition (print run limited to 15000 individually numbered copies), however they were not in the section despite indications they should be there. Undoubtedly they are hidden in the back stockroom or somewhere within the store by an employee or customer. These are ringing up at $10 each and will ring up automatically as part of the promo so you can get 2 for $10...if you can find them. Good luck!

Sorry, missed this one previously. Not really looking for anything in particular, just curious as to which Technic sets were on clearance. I've seen the $39.99 Hot Rod, the $19.99 Snowmobile, and the $99.99 Sports Truck all on clearance at various price points and was wondering if you've seen any other sets besides those on clearance.
The snow mobile is the most common from what I see, not sure about other Technic sets, through I remember seeing at least two other types occasionally but I don't think they were the Hot Rod or Sports Truck. I'll keep you posted if I see any form of Lego sets at 50% off lower.

bread's done
Back