Target Clearance Thread XXII

found a copy of Call of Duty advanced warfare atlas pro for ps4 for 85% off so 17.xx.

Only the second time Ive ever seen a game reach 85% in my area.

Found the Fitbits in one of my local stores, they had been marked as-is for way more than what the clearance prices had been. Explains why all the stores had no stock or only 1 non-saleable.

My store had two big piles of Goat Simulator for PC "as is" for either $6.96 or $5.96 (I forget which...sorry).  I believe the cases said they activate on steam.

Found the Fitbits in one of my local stores, they had been marked as-is for way more than what the clearance prices had been. Explains why all the stores had no stock or only 1 non-saleable.
all the fitbits around me went to a City Target, where they have them for full price. I asked about them and was told "clearance is just stuff people return, not this kind of stuff" LOL i hate that store

Target has PS4 Assassins Creed Black Flag on clearance shelf for $14.98..
Not sure if hot deal..

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you've been here a while you should have the option. By Report/Multiquite/Quote there should be a Edit button. Then click Use Full Editor and then you can edit the topic title.

Games are still at 50% off here. Seems like its been going on for a couple months now.
Mine went back to regular price here on either Thursday or Friday :tears up lol: I was waiting for Skyrim Legendary Edition to drop to $9 and it is back to $29.99 when I went by the store yesterday =(

Can I do a price adjustment for an online ship to home item in store?
Don't think so, coz I was looking at their policy yesterday wondering if I could price match an online order to an instore price.

"Target store price matches and adjustments are completed at the store at Guest Services. For Target.com purchases, call Target.com Guest Services at 1-800-591-3869." & "We match Target.com prices on in-store purchases and in-store prices for Target.com purchases. In-store price matches from other Target stores are excluded." over on https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/shop-with-confidence ... And over on http://help.target.com/help/subcategoryarticle?childcat=Price+Match+Guarantee&parentcat=Availability+%2526+Pricing it says " We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item on Target.com, then find the identical item for less at Target, select online competitors, or in Target’s or a competitor’s local printed or digital ad. Stores are unable to match or adjust the price for a Target.com order. Please call Target.com Guest Services at 1-800-591-3869 for a price adjustment within 14 days of purchase." I'm gonna wait until their chat system is open again to see if I can do it that way instead of calling in lol.

Wish me luck, I have a job interview with Target on Tuesday. I started out working there years ago, so I know some what I'm looking at.  Not holding my breath, but definitely crossing my fingers. Just think, I might be able to explain about the mysteries of as-is! (kidding, I would never do something like that. I'd make another account.)

Wish me luck, I have a job interview with Target on Tuesday. I started out working there years ago, so I know some what I'm looking at. Not holding my breath, but definitely crossing my fingers. Just think, I might be able to explain about the mysteries of as-is! (kidding, I would never do something like that. I'd make another account.)
haha, cool man

i have some solid information about "as-is" and "online item"

they are items that are not in that particular targets system anymore, or maybe never were in their system at all (such as target.com only items)

for example if you buy some clearance games at X target, then return those clearance games to Y target there's a good chance those same clearance games have already been deleted/salvaged out of Y targets system

the "as-is" sticker is born

the only thing i'm wondering is how the price is determined, whether its system automated or the pricing team employees make the decision on the price

so when you see "as-is" or "online item" they are almost always customer returns, or on occasion extra hidden stock found by the store way after it went through its clearance cycle

Ok, I mean the bullshit practice of taking something that was on clearance and why they decide to halt the process. I know from the past that it's largely system-provided pricing for those, dependent on what the original price they're using to base the decision. I remember the LRTs had a suggested option that was quite often used.

lol, that reminds me of my trip today. They had valentine candy with MSRP $11.99 tag on it, but Target is advertising it (and selling it) at $12.99.

haha, cool man

i have some solid information about "as-is" and "online item"

they are items that are not in that particular targets system anymore, or maybe never were in their system at all (such as target.com only items)

for example if you buy some clearance games at X target, then return those clearance games to Y target there's a good chance those same clearance games have already been deleted/salvaged out of Y targets system

the "as-is" sticker is born

the only thing i'm wondering is how the price is determined, whether its system automated or the pricing team employees make the decision on the price

so when you see "as-is" or "online item" they are almost always customer returns, or on occasion extra hidden stock found by the store way after it went through its clearance cycle
this makes alot of sense, but I have also seen clearance games that did not go through the normal clearance markdown cycle, that I had been following, waiting for them to hit rock-bottom, and many were dubiously switched to "as is" with a higher price tag than the previous clearance price, which leads me to believe there is some human factor involved, perhaps some department/store managers/employees have taken it upon themselves to not let target take a loss selling games for $5-6 bucks and would rather have them sit on the shelf at higher price until somebodys grandma buys them a copy of mass effect 2 for $19.99 not knowing any better.

Target might be skipping 70% markdown and jumping straight to salvage. One entire endcap at one of my stores already disappeared.

Edit: I scanned one of the clearance game I stashed, now shown INF !!!!

Target might be skipping 70% markdown and jumping straight to salvage. One entire endcap at one of my stores already disappeared.

Edit: I scanned one of the clearance game I stashed, now shown INF !!!!
Same here. One store had a huge clearance shelf and they all disappeared on Sunday. I found one lone copy they didn't removed of :360: Battlefield 4 that was on 50% off (it still had the tag) for over two months and it came up as no longer recognized.

You're all so spoiled.

My Target stopped doing clearance years back, so I haven't been able to partake in any of this for awhile.

#screwedbyTargetbeforeitwascool

Mostly everything that was at 50% today went salvage, expect your target clearance section to look empty as fuck! With that being said, new drops are star wars iPhone cases & bluetooth speakers.

Wow that sucks that they're cutting it off at 50%. One thing in particular seems dumb - a Target near me had a bunch of copies of Deadpool PS3 for 9.98. With the movie coming out that would sell if they displayed it prominently (instead of buried in a clearance bin under 100 copies of FIFA 14).

My target had a few decent titles on clearance, going to go back and buy a couple tomorrow

Some of note:
Evil within (xbone)- $10.04
Infamous collection-$5.04
Shadow of colossus/ICO- $7.04

Went to a Target today and the clearance games were all gone. Thought it was just me but guess they finally salvaged all of them. Most of the games were there for months at 50% off so not surprising.

Logitech z506 Surround Speaker system. Was $79.99, now 23.96

056 00 0127
Full price anywhere that has them around here. Maybe they'll drop at some of the other stores though. Probably need some new speakers for the PC eventually since mine are 15 years old.

So what happens to "Salvage" games anyway? (They aren't just dumped into a dumpster are they?!)

They are sold to overstock stores like Five Below... right?

Where it will be marked up to only 25% off msrp for those dumb poor people to buy.... JK

I've seen a few random target household clearance items at goodwill, but not videogames.
my goodwill has gotten games that were obviously from target as well as the toys, household stuff and even an economy box of condoms. and like another poster said, the prices will most likely be more than you would ever willingly pay in the store.

So what happens to "Salvage" games anyway? (They aren't just dumped into a dumpster are they?!)

They are sold to overstock stores like Five Below... right?
If I'm not mistaken, Five Below and Target are owned by the same company. I've always wondered why more Target clearance doesn't end up there. probably because of inconsistent quantities.

my goodwill has gotten games that were obviously from target as well as the toys, household stuff and even an economy box of condoms. and like another poster said, the prices will most likely be more than you would ever willingly pay in the store.

If I'm not mistaken, Five Below and Target are owned by the same company. I've always wondered why more Target clearance doesn't end up there. probably because of inconsistent quantities.
Five Below and Target are owned by the same company?! Also, box of condoms at the Goodwill?

People probably snatch that up right away since I never see anything like that at my local Goodwill.

My closest Five Below is 2 or 3 stores down from a Target. Reminds me of a Walmart and Sam's Club right next to each other or in the same proximity.

bread's done
Back