Target Clearance Thread XXII

I'm watching these like a hawk, I want a big heater for my basement/game room / man cave and when these hit 70% I'm buying a heater
**I don't care how much hate this bit of advice is going to get**

You might want to do a return/rebuy on these. Because these items are VERY seasonal, I would anticipate Target getting rid of them sooner than later. I have seen items like this not follow the typical markdown schedule and go from 50% to 70% in the same week. And then disappear less than one week later. Better to buy TWO now. Return one when it hits 70% off and then rebuy once it hits the floor. Only return the second one once you have secured your first rebuy - ensuring you get the product at the price you are willing to pay without having to fight resellers.

Last edited by a moderator:

You might want to do a return/rebuy on these. Because these items are VERY seasonal, I would anticipate Target getting rid of them sooner than later. I have seen items like this not follow the typical markdown schedule and go from 50% to 70% in the same week. And then disappear less than one week later. Better to buy TWO now. Return one when it hits 70% off and then rebuy once it hits the floor. Only return the second one once you have secured your first rebuy - ensuring you get the product at the price you are willing to pay without having to fight resellers.
I tried to do this with the Pebble watch I got, because I tried to adjust the price outside of the price adjustment window (two weeks or something like that). I went to multiple stores and they were all adamant that they couldn't do it without actually taking the watch and tossing it in the trash. I was quite dumbfounded.

no hate here, but Targets near me won't do this. Clearance prices are as is prices, you return it later, you get the current clearance price with no adjustments, as that is their stated policy on clearance, everything else is open game...

no hate here, but Targets near me won't do this. Clearance prices are as is prices, you return it later, you get the current clearance price with no adjustments, as that is their stated policy on clearance, everything else is open game...
I never ask for a price adjustment. I simply wait for them to restock it. Their system will print a new sticker with the updated clearance price. Target policy is to restock everything from the return department before the next business day. Sometimes it takes two days depending if they are short on staff or slammed with returns at the moment.

For me, I can usually get this to work by returning something an hour or so before close and then come back the next morning as close to the store's opening as possible. Make sense?

It might seem like a little bit of extra work, but I live a mile from Target, and if I can save $20 or more, it is totally worth it to me.

Oh we also got the LEGO Creator Yellow Racers set for 50% off at $15.28. Though now I'm slightly unsure I hadn't bought this from Kmart at some point.

204-00-0061

Cleanup on aisle 3...also, blood red tag clearance on used knives

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-kills-california-target-store-stays-open-article-1.2583295

attachicon.gif
image.png
Hopefully we hear that the asshat that decided to leave the store open afterwards for 2hrs gets some type of punishment.

Hopefully we hear that the asshat that decided to leave the store open afterwards for 2hrs gets some type of punishment.
can you imagine if they let you into a target and you stroll by an aisle with police tape and a dude dead all bloody??? wtf were they thinking staying open after that?

Eh. They would have covered the body. There was a guy murdered in a gas station parking lot here a few years back. Like a dozen cops, a tarp on the body, and all the crossroads were still open.

Edit: I'm not saying they should have kept it open, but doubt they were just leaving the body there and letting people step on him.

I meant to mention this last night but it slipped my mind that one of the stores I was at yesterday had these at 70%.
I picked one up today at 70% . I also grabbed a shovel at 70% off. I'm all set for next winter.

I thought I missed out because there were fans where the heaters usually were. Thankfully they were just moved to an end cap

I caught up on the thread and that means...

Latina from the library update:

She was really talkative today. After inviting me to her line, she asked me 7 or 8 questions that were could not be yes or no answers. It took me about 3X as long to checkout my stuff because she was talking so much. She also commented on my driver's license picture and told me I look better in person, blah, blah. She is still pretty, but she is big as a house.

TL;DR: She wanted the "D"...by "D" I mean a Dad for her child.

I caught up on the thread and that means...

Latina from the library update:

She was really talkative today. After inviting me to her line, she asked me 7 or 8 questions that were could not be yes or no answers. It took me about 3X as long to checkout my stuff because she was talking so much. She also commented on my driver's license picture and told me I look better in person, blah, blah. She is still pretty, but she is big as a house.

TL;DR: She wanted the "D"...by "D" I mean a Dad for her child.
Ay papi...you shoulda given her the closer:

c308f78f6cdb7afcee69dd2a6d955e5e.jpg

Looks like RE Rev 2 XBO finally went to $8.98 everywhere. (was only that at 2 stores within 100 miles last week, the rest were still at $20.98)

Thanks for the head's up...unfortunately, copies of the PS4 version are extremely few and far between.  Plenty of Xbone copies abound, however.  

No judegement at all... but do you actually play with the Legos, or do you have children? I have a friend who puts together sets and it really seems fun. I was thinking about picking up a specialty set at some point
Can't ever have enough Lego.

Picked up a cart full of Easter clearance for like $10 today.  Some light bulbs, kids clothes, aluminum foil, lots of food, a couple kids books too in addition to that stuff.

Spotted 2 X1 copies but picked up one. Bought few light bulbs 70% off ;)
I was tempted by the light bulbs, but my energy company, Duke, randomly sent a box of high-efficiency bulbs to my house two years ago. I am still trying to work my way through those. Maybe I signed up for their energy-efficiency program or something and I don't remember???

200 ft. aluminum foil $5.17 253-01-0076

30% off is pretty good for aluminum foil and the up & up brand was pretty decent last time I got it on clearance. I kind of regret only grabbing four...

I think that TV show is called "i bought a house with all the $$ i made off selling Legos"

I've seen articles equating legos to gold or stocks for investment purposes.  probably a good way to make some cash if your stores can keep sets in stock until they're in the deep clearance, but I'm lucky to see them 30% occasionally around me.

Even though it's listed as 8.98 on nrickseek, my store hasn't marked it down yet and it's still 20.98. Couldn't get them to budge. They will either update it Wednesday or Sunday

bread's done
Back