Target Clearance Thread XXII

Those Halo XB1s never reached clearance at ANY of the stores around here.  Stores had tons of them too.  Target had several last year and Best Buy had stacks of them for Black Friday.  They didn't sell.  Toys R US still has a couple at $400.  I have been wondering for months what happened to all of these systems. 

Those Halo XB1s never reached clearance at ANY of the stores around here. Stores had tons of them too. Target had several last year and Best Buy had stacks of them for Black Friday. They didn't sell. Toys R US still has a couple at $400. I have been wondering for months what happened to all of these systems.
In all honesty, I think they were systems that time had forgotten/written off and were just recently rediscovered from the mythic realm known as "The Back" (ps it totally exists don't believe their lieeeesss), especially since they weren't even shown as existing in their OWN scanners. The 500GB XB1 in particular had the boxwear of a console that had been shuffled one too many times, which helped me when I had to convince the man that I had "left it in a closet for 2 years and forgotten about it ".

I remember this now...he was pissed off about something to do with one of the Sonic the Hedgehog games being crappy.
It was actually over Sonic's arms being blue in Sonic Boom vs. the traditional tan from previous games. The change "triggered" Chris for lack of a better word, and they would petition SEGA and call upon the Sonichu fanbase to get it changed. Final straw was Chris going to Gamestop and defacing displays and boxes to change Sonic's arm color. When confronted by the employee to get Chris outta there that's when the mace came out.

I've been following Chris and Sonichu since I was 14 (almost a decade ago.... wow) and I miss the good ol days of new Sonichu comics and Chris interacting with the fanbase. Lately it's been less entertaining and more of a horrifying trainwreck.

Also I'm running out of Targets to check clearance at. All the Indy stores have been picked dry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny to see all these lurkers asking for the list. If you haven't contributed to this community (whether it's posting deals or just discussion) than your message will be ignored. All I (and many others) ask is if you're going to be apart of CAG (whether as a reseller, collector or just a cheap gamer), at least contribute to it. No free handouts for people who just visit, buy up inventory, and don't return the favor of information.

Side note though, I'll update the list more when I see games in the wild or if anyone wants access to add games to it too. Again, no lurkers.

Looks like the last 2 VCR XB1 Kinect Bundles near me also got picked.... Not sure why people think it is a deal at $225

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Funny to see all these lurkers asking for the list. If you haven't contributed to this community (whether it's posting deals or just discussion) than your message will be ignored. All I (and many others) ask is if you're going to be apart of CAG (whether as a reseller, collector or just a cheap gamer), at least contribute to it. No free handouts for people who just visit, buy up inventory, and don't return the favor of information.

Side note though, I'll update the list more when I see games in the wild or if anyone wants access to add games to it too. Again, no lurkers.
lol when i posted the link before and did a quick check, had like 40 people viewing it. definitely was not 40 different people discussing anything on the thread.

removed a few duplicates i saw that i think you accidentally copied more than once :)

Looks like the last 2 VCR XB1 Kinect Bundles near me also got picked.... Not sure why people think it is a deal at $225

yeah, i see one on brickseek near me for $135, that would be a deal, but no use for one and too lazy to go and check just to see it's actually out of of stock

While on a trip on LA, found two clearance Xbox Ones in a San Dimas Target I had randomly visited because I have a problem and it's cure is clearance bins. Found two Xbox Ones on clearance that weren't even in their system in a Go-Pro case in the middle of the store of all things for $224.98. Originally didn't bite but after a certain craigslist ad I saw, I drove all the way back and nabbed both and traded the 500GB to a man who clearly didn't knew what he had, The ordeal itself is an interesting tale for another day (unless anyone really wants to hear it). Kept the Halo one for myself since hey, when am I ever gonna see this thing this cheap again? I'm just more pleased that both have a nice home now.
So what did you trade it for? Would like to hear the story.

Surprised to see some games reach the 85% off clearance:

Picked up:
Loading Human (PS4) $6.04
Plants vs Zombies 2 (PS4) $10.04
Werewolves Within (PS4) $4.54
Geometry Wars (X1) $3.04

4 copies left of Sunset Overdrive (X1) $4.54
3 copies left of Ryse Legendary Edition (X1) $4.54
1 copy left of Geo Wars (X1)
2 copies left of Werewolves (PS4)

Pomona, CA store

I picked up 2 Naruto Ultimate Shippuden Ninja Storm 4 for $4.54 the other day. Lowest prices I've seen. http://imgur.com/IqjikUm

Picked up:
Geometry Wars (X1) $3.04

Pomona, CA store
Didn't think Sunset OD would drop further. Here's hoping it dropped at my Target too.

Sunset Overdrive is a fantastic game too. Sucks that it didn't get much attention (especially being from the guys that make the Ratchet & Clank games). It's very similar to R&C but much more R rated than those games. Well worth getting at $9 for anyone looking for a new Xbox One game.

DPCI for anyone looking to get it.

207-32-0017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeuVwDxLMDo

Sunset Overdrive is a pretty cool/different game. I would definitely pick it up for less than 10 if I didn't already have it from GWG.

Sunset Overdrive is a fantastic game too. Sucks that it didn't get much attention (especially being from the guys that make the Ratchet & Clank games). It's very similar to R&C but much more R rated than those games. Well worth getting at $9 for anyone looking for a new Xbox One game.
Second. This is one of my favorite games for the Xbox One. Very Deadpool-esque in its fourth-wall breaking meta humor, and excellent gameplay.

Had a pretty good find tonight

[attachment=26502:20170504_205850.jpg]

And as ever reliant Brickseek said there were none in stock. Asked if I could see the Xbox Ones guy was like all we have is the Battlefield One bundle. I play dumb and say I'll take it. Removes the bundle and behind it was this bundle :) changed my mind I'll take that one. Rang up at $105 after Red card was about $110. Woo - Hoo !

It was actually over Sonic's arms being blue in Sonic Boom vs. the traditional tan from previous games. The change "triggered" Chris for lack of a better word, and they would petition SEGA and call upon the Sonichu fanbase to get it changed. Final straw was Chris going to Gamestop and defacing displays and boxes to change Sonic's arm color. When confronted by the employee to get Chris outta there that's when the mace came out.

I've been following Chris and Sonichu since I was 14 (almost a decade ago.... wow) and I miss the good ol days of new Sonichu comics and Chris interacting with the fanbase. Lately it's been less entertaining and more of a horrifying trainwreck.

Also I'm running out of Targets to check clearance at. All the Indy stores have been picked dry.
This is the best story that I've read this week. Thanks for that. I was sort of getting annoyed by having to scan past posts about this ChrisChan person since I really read this thread for deals, but I've been laughing like a hyena since I read it.

And I went back to Target tonight to grab both of the Metal Gear Solid 360 copies that were left at $5.98 each along with Funkos of Steven Universe and Amethyst for $4.48 each. I really like that cartoon although I could do without all the subtext that the show tried to add in Season 2.

who in tarnation is chris chan?
I'd never heard of him either, but don't look it up. He's apparently a mentally handicapped/autistic man who as a child decided his goal in lifewas to be Sonic the Hedgehog's number one fan for life. The documentary about him is NSFW, and he has gone waaay off the deep end.

Sadly my store hasn't had any XB1 bundles for a long time.

Clearance section is drying up again too, only thing I saw of note was Divinity XB1 for $8.98.

Picked up:
Geometry Wars (X1) $3.04

Pomona, CA store
Whoa I'd be all over Ryse for that price

Sucks, my stores are out of PVZ2.

Not sure if it was the flips of the weekend or what but there's nothing there whatsoever anymore, could've flipped the latter.

My target just removed all the clearance games and marked them full price...
Yeah, and some stores like to cover the upc and mark em "Repackaged"
With a random price like $28.01, I saw for Rory.

I just ask them if it's on clearance, and give em the Dpci.
Worked once.

5ba69e89c8d6d954d13b3f352c3eb514.jpg

Looks like someone put it back in the plastic prison in a hurry. That's definitely not the DPCI of Diablo. Since Diablo INF years ago, Red might honor the sticker price.

He is probably talking about the Mopac store. I was in Southpark on Sunday and the clearance section was still there.
The mopac store was actually the one store I didn't make it to. I hit Southpark, The store off Ben White, and the one off I-35 near Rundberg. I wanted to make the trip out to that remote store off 2222 becuae they usually have good clearance selection, but it's such a hike to get out to that one and I end up nullifying savings in time and gas spent.

Looks like someone put it back in the plastic prison in a hurry. That's definitely not the DPCI of Diablo. Since Diablo INF years ago, Red might honor the sticker price.
That is the dpci for tales from borderlands xbox 1. You can even see it was damaged at one end from being peeled off. If it was loose, they would suspect you of shenanigans, but if it's under the prison like that, you might have a shot. But if the sticker is on the outside of the prison, shenanigans.

That is the dpci for tales from borderlands xbox 1. You can even see it was damaged at one end from being peeled off. If it was loose, they would suspect you of shenanigans, but if it's under the prison like that, you might have a shot. But if the sticker is on the outside of the prison, shenanigans.
I once found a Gamora action figure from the animated GOTG line that was marked for less than $5 (don't remember the exact price right now) with one of those "as-is" orange stickers. When they scanned it, it came up as girls' leggings, but the associate let it go through and didn't question it. The figure was supposed to be $7.99.

Now come to think of it, I do recall both stickers were on the outside.

The mopac store was actually the one store I didn't make it to. I hit Southpark, The store off Ben White, and the one off I-35 near Rundberg. I wanted to make the trip out to that remote store off 2222 becuae they usually have good clearance selection, but it's such a hike to get out to that one and I end up nullifying savings in time and gas spent.
What about the store in Kyle Crossing? I always see stuff that is hard to find, at that store. It seems like no one shops at the 2222 store you mentioned, hard to find consoles seem to be in stock most of the time at that store.

Back in the day i believe the year was 95-96 when the earthworm jim action figures came out . I would peel off a clearance sticker from an item that was priced at $4 or so and slap it on the action figure.Walk up to the register and lady would scan and say its not supposed to be clearanced i replied with "well that's how i found it in the section and you can go check" lady would fold like at a bad poker game and give me clearance price.It worked every time!

bread's done
Back