Target Clearance Thread XXII

Good luck on finding a steelbook for FF12. The regular edition shares the same DPCI at Target. All the ones in my area are the regular edition. I still picked up a copy on Monday.

EDIT: A local Target of mine had like 30+ Switches for sale on Monday. A whole endcap's worth. They must have gotten them in post-BF.
I can barely find the regular edition around me.

Found the mother-load of clearance games at my closest target last night. Tons of copies of:

Donkey Kong 3ds $9.98

Kirby Triple Deluxe 3ds $9.98

Lego city undercover 3ds $9.98

Yo Kai Watch Fleshy Souls 3ds $19.98

1 copy of Final Fantasy XII Steelbook (left it as I already have the game) and 1 copy of the regular version $24.98 for both

Bulletstorn PS4 $9.98

New Super Mario Bros. 2 3ds $14.98

Dragon Quest XIII 3ds $19.98

Sonic Boom Fire and Ice 3ds $14.98

Stardew Valley PS4 (didn't check the price)

Madden 17 PS4 and Xbox One $14.98

Tons more

My store didn't have any of the games out on the shelves that were listed as in-stock, so I assume that they are all stashed in the back somewhere. I checked the DPCI's through the price checker and they all came up full price. Hopefully they show up after my store officially marks them down.

I have to do that because the Targets in my area straight up refuse to price match their own online store, but they will price match the app (ymmv) since it just means the clearance rep or whatever hasn't updated the price yet.
That's strange. The a few Target stores nearby, they use an app on their ipad. It can scan the bar code and select the competitors that they will ONLY price match and will show the product page and price. Target website is one of their competitors in the app. If the products doesn't show up using their app, they will not pricematch and they will not accept showing the web page on my own phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's strange. The a few Target stores nearby, they use an app on their ipad. It can scan the bar code and select the competitors that they will ONLY price match and will show the product page and price. Target website is one of their competitors in the app. If the products doesn't show up using their app, they will not pricematch and they will not accept showing the web page on my own phone.
They're not price matching during the holidays, til I think December 2. Wouldn't even adjust something I bought from Target a day before.

Slim pickings at stores I went to, however, I found Wind Waker still in the case with a Just Dance $59.99 tag on the shelf.  The employee was surprised when I asked him to price check it and it rang up as $9.98  It makes me wonder how many other clearance items I've walked by in cases, etc. that were never marked properly, etc.

I went to target today and was able to get Bulletstorm PS4 $9.98.

The game was still marked $19.99 but I spoke with an employee and he was kind enough to check the system and change the price for me. He stated that the price change for this store wasn't supposed to happen until Monday.

I also saw copies of Sniper Elite 4 (DCPI 207-34-1613) for PS4 marked for $19.98.
I was interested in it but decided to wait to see if I could maybe get it cheaper next week.

I checked out my target today.  Lots of the same deals already in the thread here except

:ps4:  God of War III Remaster  $9.98 207-34-0038

which I hadn't seen here yet.  Brickseek doesn't show any in my area, even though I saw several on the shelf at my store.  I grabbed the only copy of Yakuza Kiwami they had.  

Stoked that I finly found a copy of Ocarina for $9.94.

The crazy thing is that even though it showed in stock at the store, you couldn't order it for pickup and it wasn't on the shelves. The guy back in electronics did me a solid though and got it from the back room.

I can barely find the regular edition around me.
In target or any store?

When I saw the drop at target for $25 I almost jumped on it this week. I watched some videos of the remaster and though as a collector I want it, I know I'll never truly play it.

In target or any store?

When I saw the drop at target for $25 I almost jumped on it this week. I watched some videos of the remaster and though as a collector I want it, I know I'll never truly play it.
At Target, but I’d rather not drive 45 minutes to get it. I really want it but I’m not going to pay a ton because of my backlog as well.

At Target, but I’d rather not drive 45 minutes to get it. I really want it but I’m not going to pay a ton because of my backlog as well.
I admire your self control. I wish I had been able to say no as much as I should have. Like most games today, it will eventually get cheaper either on clearance somewhere else or the MSRP will drop.

So do we think these will drop to 70% off or are they going to cap at 50%?  I know they usually hit 70% but I read something a few pages back about this run typically not hitting that full 70% off?  I want a bunch of these titles so waiting for another drop would save me a good amount of $$$.

Will goto my nearest target after work and see what I can scavenge after not going there for nearly 4-5 months.Only interested in stardew valley and maybe the Yakuza kiwami steelbook.

I admire your self control. I wish I had been able to say no as much as I should have. Like most games today, it will eventually get cheaper either on clearance somewhere else or the MSRP will drop.
Less self control and more thinking about the stare my wife would give me when she saw the number of games on the shelf increase after buying 4 in the last two weeks. Haha.

Target around me last night was loaded but most of the deals already posted here.

Mirrors Edge Catalyst (XB1) - $9.99

Batman Return to Arkham (XB1) - $14.99

Walking Dead: New Frontier (XB1)  - $14.99

Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS) - $19.99

DragonBall Z Fusions? (3DS) - $19.99

Yakuza Kiwami Steelbook ($12.99)

Rise of The Tomb Raider (XB1) - $14.99

Syberia 3 (XB1) - $14.99

Madden 17 (XB1) - $14.99

*Repackaged Capcom Infinity Steelbook (PS4) - $38

They had a few others mostly looked like budget titles. Didnt find Yooka-Laylee despite BS saying the store had it.

Oh well. 

So do we think these will drop to 70% off or are they going to cap at 50%? I know they usually hit 70% but I read something a few pages back about this run typically not hitting that full 70% off? I want a bunch of these titles so waiting for another drop would save me a good amount of $$$.
I think the real question is, "Will these games last long enough to reach the 70% discount level?" I think the answer is, "Maybe."

Less self control and more thinking about the stare my wife would give me when she saw the number of games on the shelf increase after buying 4 in the last two weeks. Haha.
I would have fewer games if I had a wife. Or a kid.

As it stands, I've been buying Target clearance games since the PlayStation era. My first Target clearance game was Capcom vs SNK for PS1. What a feeling of delight seeing that little orange price tag! To this day, it never gets old.

Only 4? I have both a wife and kids (3) and, between the TRU clearance, Target clearance, and BF/CM deals, have picked up something like 12 games in the past two weeks. Most are/were exceptional deals, and my wife recognizes it. Communication is the key!

Saw on Brickseek last week that Dragon Ball Fusions 3 :ds:  was $19 something while its in the 20's on the sticker and at Gamestop. Went in and it turned out the one I went to went down to $14.98. Checked brickseek and like 50% of the stores have them at that price while the other half have it at $19. It was NOT in the clearance section however.

Found the mother-load of clearance games at my closest target last night. Tons of copies of:

Donkey Kong 3ds $9.98
Kirby Triple Deluxe 3ds $9.98
Lego city undercover 3ds $9.98
Yo Kai Watch Fleshy Souls 3ds $19.98
1 copy of Final Fantasy XII Steelbook (left it as I already have the game) and 1 copy of the regular version $24.98 for both
Bulletstorn PS4 $9.98
New Super Mario Bros. 2 3ds $14.98
Dragon Quest XIII 3ds $19.98
Sonic Boom Fire and Ice 3ds $14.98
Stardew Valley PS4 (didn't check the price)
Madden 17 PS4 and Xbox One $14.98

Tons more

Stardew valley was 9.98 ps4
NHL 17 deluxe and regular were 14.98

Only 4? I have both a wife and kids (3) and, between the TRU clearance, Target clearance, and BF/CM deals, have picked up something like 12 games in the past two weeks. Most are/were exceptional deals, and my wife recognizes it. Communication is the key!
Haha, yeah we communicate just fine. I give my wife a hard time on here but in reality she’s great. It’s just we have other things to focus on monetarily. 4 was pretty good seeing as how I’m getting 3 new in January. Haha.

So do we think these will drop to 70% off or are they going to cap at 50%? I know they usually hit 70% but I read something a few pages back about this run typically not hitting that full 70% off? I want a bunch of these titles so waiting for another drop would save me a good amount of $$$.
One store nearish me has dropped to 70% for WiiU titles, but so far the only one, though just happened today. Hopefully the others drop soon.

I previously posted about issues at mine too... But they'll usually PM their website, they just won't PM it if it's on clearance on the website. What I can't ever get them to do, however, is match the app prices. Routinely my store has prices updated on the app but haven't physically done it in the store...and at that point they refuse to do it. "Yeah looks like somebody hasn't come around to change the stickers yet so I can't do that price". I've been told that by multiple employees on multiple occasions.

Too late to the party to get most of the games, but I did find this:

UE Wonderboom

008-03-0523

49.99 in some places

stock probably won't last for the 75% round

Looks like they are waterproof and you can pair multiples together

If you can combine with the 20% off coupon + REDcard, you could get em down to 37.49

Saw on Brickseek last week that Dragon Ball Fusions 3 :ds: was $19 something while its in the 20's on the sticker and at Gamestop. Went in and it turned out the one I went to went down to $14.98. Checked brickseek and like 50% of the stores have them at that price while the other half have it at $19. It was NOT in the clearance section however.
Should probably have included brickseek link: https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-02-0226

The game seems to get pretty good praise.

Noticed on Brickseek that Mega Man Collection 2, Donkey Kong 3DS, and Zelda: Ocarina of Time has dropped to $5.98 at a store around me. Might be just that store but thought I would mention it.

Brickseek seems horribly inaccurate for me. I went to three different Targets and the only title I could find on clearance was Yakuza. Brickseek is showing stuff as 'In Stock'. Even Target's website for stores near me say in stock. Not sure what's going on there if I'm missing something or what.

Brickseek seems horribly inaccurate for me. I went to three different Targets and the only title I could find on clearance was Yakuza. Brickseek is showing stuff as 'In Stock'. Even Target's website for stores near me say in stock. Not sure what's going on there if I'm missing something or what.
Are you looking in the endcaps in the electronic section aisles, the back wall aisle, and the video game aisle with assorted goods in it? That's where the clearance usually is. Targets place it in different places so sometimes it's hard to find. The same Target can rotate where they keep the clearance video games even - multiple Targets in mine do that over keeping it always in the same place =/

Got yooka laylee for $8.98 on xbox-one and minecraft season 2 for $14.98 in xbox 360 just now
Left a bunch of copies of megaman legacy 2 behind at $9.98

Are you looking in the endcaps in the electronic section aisles, the back wall aisle, and the video game aisle with assorted goods in it? That's where the clearance usually is. Targets place it in different places so sometimes it's hard to find. The same Target can rotate where they keep the clearance video games even - multiple Targets in mine do that over keeping it always in the same place =/
Yeah, I looked in all of those spots and even around the dvd sections as sometimes there are end caps with clearance electronics there too. No luck, despite Brickseek saying items Like Donkey Kong and FFXII were in stock =/

Yeah, I looked in all of those spots and even around the dvd sections as sometimes there are end caps with clearance electronics there too. No luck, despite Brickseek saying items Like Donkey Kong and FFXII were in stock =/
If it shows them in stock, and even their website shows them in stock. Either buy it online if you can, pick it up and then ask for a price adjustment or just ask the employees where they're keeping them if you can't find them.

Nintendo Selects: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Nintendo Wii U - $19.99 => $9.98
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-30-0105
New Super Mario Bros. 2 Nintendo 3DS - $29.99 => $20.98
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-02-1401
Yooka-Laylee Xbox One - $29.99 => $9.98
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-1645
Nintendo Selects: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Nintendo 3DS - $19.99 => $9.98
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-02-0315
Yakuza Kiwami PlayStation 4 - $29.99 => $14.98
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-34-0214
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age PlayStation 4 Limited Steel Book Edition - $59.99 => $24.98
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-34-0096
Tag

Just to add to this:

Megaman Legacy Collection 2 $9.98

Resident Evil Revelations (XB1) $9.98 

In the South Jersey area.

Brickseek says 77 percent of target's have an item but just says no results found in your area for an item? Is it not working for anyone? Looking for FF12

Edit: Even shows as in stock on the normal target website. Any way to know if it is discounted at a store? They are in stock at most stores by me.

Edit 2 Electric Boogaloo: Seems to be working now. Guess It was down. One store with limited stock has it for 15 about 20 minutes away... Tempting...

Brickseek says 77 percent of target's have an item but just says no results found in your area for an item? Is it not working for anyone? Looking for FF12

Edit: Even shows as in stock on the normal target website. Any way to know if it is discounted at a store? They are in stock at most stores by me.

Edit 2 Electric Boogaloo: Seems to be working now. Guess It was down. One store with limited stock has it for 15 about 20 minutes away... Tempting...
Limited stock is very hit and miss. Haven't had the greatest luck when it comes to that because it means there might be one left and it might be in someone's possession, they already bought it, or it's in the back where some employees could care less to go and look.

Limited stock is very hit and miss. Haven't had the greatest luck when it comes to that because it means there might be one left and it might be in someone's possession, they already bought it, or it's in the back where some employees could care less to go and look.
Yup, Went to multiple targets that couldn't find the game even though they had 4. And even the in store system said they had 4.

When I did finally find a store that had the game it was the normal edition and not the steelbook. Super bummer. On the plus managed to get a persona steelbook that I traded for my copy I hadn't purchased yet.

Seems like Target doesn't make separate dpci's for steelbooks vs. normal editions so Just be wary that just because a store has ff xii doesn't mean it is the steelbook

Edit: if someone has an extra ffxii steelbook please pm me!

Thanks for posting these items as it allowed me to track down and pick up a steel book copy of Yakuza Kiwami at my local Target. Their stock showed they had sold out of them at BF but it looks like they had one left that made it over to the clearance section. $15 plus redcard and not sure if the 20% coupon stacked as well but either way still a deal. 

Site lists the DPCI as 207-34-0214 but picture shows the regular version. 

The local Target near me is nearly out of clearance games. I only saw Mario Tennis for Wii U and Minecraft Story Mode 2 for Xbox One. Holiday time is the worst time for game clearance because it seems to be the one time of year that anyone other than CAGs give a damn about what's on the electronics clearance shelf.

Damn. I got too late to the party. I went to 2 Targets and they both were swept. I just found madden 17 and mirrors edge. I'm heading to another target tomorrow morning, but I'm not hopeful lol

The local Target near me is nearly out of clearance games. I only saw Mario Tennis for Wii U and Minecraft Story Mode 2 for Xbox One. Holiday time is the worst time for game clearance because it seems to be the one time of year that anyone other than CAGs give a damn about what's on the electronics clearance shelf.
Wait.. are you by any chance in MA? lol cuz I also just saw those games as well

Just got back from my local Target where I picked up Zelda: Ocarina of Time for $5.96 (got them to price match the Target app). Sadly no Yakuza: Kiwami.

There was a couple of copies of Stardew Valley PS4 and still 3 more copies of Ocarina if anyone is interested.

bread's done
Back