Target Clearance Thread XXII

Always always always check your item prices with the target app. I got a few of the clearance games like Game of Thrones and Bulletstorm for $5.98 by price matching with app. These items were $9.98 at register. (Yes this was the same location, no switching)
Except some stores won't do that...mine won't, been told time and time again they'll only match the website and even then they're stingy about it. Been told for clearance items it HAS to be physically marked down IN STORE... Yeah, some dumb ****

Except some stores won't do that...mine won't, been told time and time again they'll only match the website and even then they're stingy about it. Been told for clearance items it HAS to be physically marked down IN STORE... Yeah, some dumb ****
$9.98 already seems to be a clearance price. Most stores around me wont price match even lower if the price is already clearance.

I got VERY lucky indeed. I must say that this was an option on the manager's scanner when he looked it up. I asked him if I could have ordered more at that price through him and he said yes. I did NOT try to see if that was an option on my own app, which I regret. I assume it was, as long as I was in that store's vicinity via the app, like I said before. Not fully sure if this was just a manager thing or not. But definitely something to keep in mind for future products. That's ALSO a way to prove to other stores that the item in question was not in "clearance", if it indeed allowed you to order more in the OOS store. Just take a snapshot with your cell. Get all the proof you can.

Added a pic of the scan from the manager, showing the option to order more. It says "in stock" but that just means it's available for Delivery (like it says next to it), not in store. They were out of stock. And hey....free shipping too!

attachicon.gif
TargetScan2.jpg
I tried to buy an orange/white 2DS XL at a store that had it for $45 but was OOS, but the price kept changing to the full $149.99 upon me going to my cart in the Target app, regardless of whether or not I was physically in the store. I was then told by the main electronics employee that they could only honor the $45 clearance price if the item was physically in the store: ordering it online or via the app would pull the inventory from a generic warehouse location, voiding the clearance price via location. I took screenshots to show my dilemma:
fe55a60e319a824be945f58953df29e1.jpg
4baa3dcc2d53218f03ac71e0ec5f72da.jpg

Kinda feel like giving up on the cheap 2DS dream at this point...much prefer the blue/black one anyway, but I don’t want to pay $150 for a handheld game system I won’t even have the chance to use once my daughter comes next month.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would just check brickseek a few times a day, the fact that random stores are dropping the unit to $45 instead of them trying to cull the inventory suggests to me that eventually they will all slowly go to match

I tried to buy an orange/white 2DS XL at a store that had it for $45 but was OOS, but the price kept changing to the full $149.99 upon me going to my cart in the Target app, regardless of whether or not I was physically in the store. I was then told by the main electronics employee that they could only honor the $45 clearance price if the item was physically in the store: ordering it online or via the app would pull the inventory from a generic warehouse location, voiding the clearance price via location. I took screenshots to show my dilemma:

Kinda feel like giving up on the cheap 2DS dream at this point...much prefer the blue/black one anyway, but I don’t want to pay $150 for a handheld game system I won’t even have the chance to use once my daughter comes next month.
So, the way it's supposed to work.

I would just check brickseek a few times a day, the fact that random stores are dropping the unit to $45 instead of them trying to cull the inventory suggests to me that eventually they will all slowly go to match
Yeah, most likely. I will say that the stores that dropped the price to $45 all seem to be remodeling at least one area, so that might be the reason as well. In any case, I’d rather have the Galaxy 3DS XL, but not for $200...can’t wait til that model drops. Also picked up the last copy each of :pS4: Resident Evil: Revelations and Wolfenstein two-pack of The New Order/The Old Blood for $9.98 and $14.98, respectively.

Interesting. The more I think about it, the more I think that the option to buy from the app at the reduced price I encountered on Friday (even though they were OOS) was only possible from the MANAGER's scanner, not mine....during my experience. Cause whenever I've been in a Target and been on my app when the item is OOS, it just says "out of stock" and gives me no option to order additional ones at the lower price. But the manager seemed agreeable to me ordering more from him if I wanted at the $45 price. I just decided to try the price matching first at another Target that actually had em in stock...which worked for me. The manager and another Electronics employee at the first Target even told me that any other store should have no problem price matching the $45, which *really* surprised me. Even said that if they had any issues with it at the 2nd store, I should tell them to call him. Incredibly nice guy. Wish all Target employees were like that. They didn't give me much trouble during price matching. A manager was called over....a brief discussion was had...and I got the approval.

And forgot to add, trchavez....congrats on your future daughter!

When your daughter comes to visit, or when you're daughter is born? If about to be born - I have three kids, and when they were first born the DS's were one of the BEST things to have around. Trust me, a huge part of being a parent of a newborn is that it gets damn boring sometimes. Playing on consoles or PC, yeah that can be hard because the baby/your Wife will often need you in a whim...but a DS that you can put into sleep mode simply by closing it? Super smart to have around... I'm also a stay at home Dad, and have a handheld with me when my Wife went back to work helped keep me sane!

I saw XCOM 2 for PS4. It was like $9.68, I believe. Forgot to get the DCPI, but I believe that it can be found on the Target App.

$40 for PS4 and all sold out everywhere...$20 for Xbox and be gone with this non deal.
Same for me. The Targets around me have been horrible in general with clearance stuff, not just games. The Target less than a mile away from my house has had two copies of Final Fantasy X/X-2 for PS4 priced at $20.49 for almost a year now. I paid $10 for my copy about a year after it released.

Interesting. The more I think about it, the more I think that the option to buy from the app at the reduced price I encountered on Friday (even though they were OOS) was only possible from the MANAGER's scanner, not mine....during my experience. Cause whenever I've been in a Target and been on my app when the item is OOS, it just says "out of stock" and gives me no option to order additional ones at the lower price. But the manager seemed agreeable to me ordering more from him if I wanted at the $45 price. I just decided to try the price matching first at another Target that actually had em in stock...which worked for me. The manager and another Electronics employee at the first Target even told me that any other store should have no problem price matching the $45, which *really* surprised me. Even said that if they had any issues with it at the 2nd store, I should tell them to call him. Incredibly nice guy. Wish all Target employees were like that. They didn't give me much trouble during price matching. A manager was called over....a brief discussion was had...and I got the approval.

And forgot to add, trchavez....congrats on your future daughter!

When your daughter comes to visit, or when you're daughter is born? If about to be born - I have three kids, and when they were first born the DS's were one of the BEST things to have around. Trust me, a huge part of being a parent of a newborn is that it gets damn boring sometimes. Playing on consoles or PC, yeah that can be hard because the baby/your Wife will often need you in a whim...but a DS that you can put into sleep mode simply by closing it? Super smart to have around... I'm also a stay at home Dad, and have a handheld with me when my Wife went back to work helped keep me sane!
When my daughter is born...wife's due date is June 23rd, first baby for us. We're super excited, terrified and exhausted all at the same time...lol

FYI, Saw both the blue/black and orange/white 2DS's at Walmart for $129 on "rollback" today.  Not an insane deal like some people are finding, but if people are on the fence even at full price.  Not sure if it's permanent or temporary.

When my daughter is born...wife's due date is June 23rd, first baby for us. We're super excited, terrified and exhausted all at the same time...lol
Awesome! Buckle up haha, going to be a rough ride. Seriously though, having a handheld around is a freaking lifesaver so I personally highly recommend something you can have where you can just shut it , then come back to it later. Invaluable.

$40 for PS4 and all sold out everywhere...$20 for Xbox and be gone with this non deal.
I was just posting the DCPI, because Zantra was not able to do so. All of the Targets around me have it at the same price as you, so don't get angry at me.

Forgot to get the dcpi, but I found one copy of PS4 Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition for $15. Just that and a copy of PS4 Wolfenstein bundle for $15 also. Those two were the only PS4 titles... Way too many Xbone titles to list.

edit: 207341295

I went to a Target I've never gone to before that had Wonfenstein Two Pack for ps4 for $20.98 "clearance" when the regular price is $19.99. :lol: It looked like it was repackaged too cause the artwork was bent over the side. They also had Battleborne for $4.98 like someone else mentioned before.

Ehh. Price matching at the store that has the lower price even when they themselves are out of stock has worked for me 90% of the time. Like I said, if you want, it might not even work, but if that $32 refund is worth it to you then try it.
So I went back to the same store I bought it from because I noticed that the price dropped further in clearance to $48 (which was odd because the day I bought it, Brickseek and the Target app both showed that it was sold out at that location later that day). The lady at customer service scanned it to verify the price, which was indeed much lower, and I asked her if she could match the price and get a refund of the difference. She asked her coworker if she could do that and she said I couldn’t because it was past 14 days for the price adjustment, which is stated in their policy (I didn’t know this at the time). I asked if I could do a return and rebuy and she said I could, but they would have to put the item back on the floor first. I was bummed and just walked away wishing I had asked to change my payment method from my Target red card to a different card. Oh well, at least I tried. 50% off was good, but 70% off would have been great.

Nioh and Last Guardian should be on clearance, $10 each

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Nioh: 207-34-0206

The Last Guardian: 207-34-0050

I'd love to get Nioh but none in stock for 100 miles around me according to Brickseek. Still, might keep an eye out if I'm in Target since Brickseek's been a little weird lately.

Nioh: 207-34-0206

The Last Guardian: 207-34-0050

I'd love to get Nioh but none in stock for 100 miles around me according to Brickseek. Still, might keep an eye out if I'm in Target since Brickseek's been a little weird lately.
I'm in the same boat. Oos everywhere.

So I went back to the same store I bought it from because I noticed that the price dropped further in clearance to $48 (which was odd because the day I bought it, Brickseek and the Target app both showed that it was sold out at that location later that day). The lady at customer service scanned it to verify the price, which was indeed much lower, and I asked her if she could match the price and get a refund of the difference. She asked her coworker if she could do that and she said I couldn’t because it was past 14 days for the price adjustment, which is stated in their policy (I didn’t know this at the time). I asked if I could do a return and rebuy and she said I could, but they would have to put the item back on the floor first. I was bummed and just walked away wishing I had asked to change my payment method from my Target red card to a different card. Oh well, at least I tried. 50% off was good, but 70% off would have been great.
If I recall correctly if you try to get a price adjustment on a clearance item, they won't let you do it even if you're within 14 days of purchase.

Not sure if an old post has this, but

South Park FBW Figure Pins for $1.84
207-04-0232

Brickseek showed $3.58 but the store had them cheaper.

3 stores in my area with Last Guardian, 1 was at 9.98. Other 2 were 13.98. Nabbed the 9.98. Woman at checkouts tried to talk me out of it since the disc was loose in the case. It was fine, obviously. No Nioh within 100 miles.

FYI for those of you in the Kansas City area.
The Stateline (Martin City) Target has a METRIC TON of Nioh for $5.98 in the PS4 case. As in I could not count them all.

In the Clearance endcap by the games, they have multiple copies of The Last Guardian as well, also for $5.98. A ton of them are loose in the case, though.

Like no games on clearance near me. Ever. They did have the under Armour health box system and one of the bands. Was interested in it till I saw lackluster reviews. Normally $400 on sale for $120.

FYI for those of you in the Kansas City area.
The Stateline (Martin City) Target has a METRIC TON of Nioh for $5.98 in the PS4 case. As in I could not count them all.

In the Clearance endcap by the games, they have multiple copies of The Last Guardian as well, also for $5.98. A ton of them are loose in the case, though.
If anyone is making a run and can pick up an extra copy, please PM me your cost to ship it to me. Thanks.

bread's done
Back