Target Clearance Thread XXII

There are no X1Xs because slickdealers got 12 each for $3.50 lol
LOL. Yeah, I've tried searching for the One X for Target on BS over the last several months and the long ago sold-out Scorpio edition is the only one that comes up. Gotta be a mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
There ARE some walmarts out there that still have the Scorpio Edition for the low low price of $999.99

There ARE some walmarts out there that still have the Scorpio Edition for the low low price of $999.99
True dat. According to BS, I think they're down to 7% in stock. Of course, I'm kicking myself for missing out on Target-text-fest this week but I, like many, were just not aware in time. Hard to tell exactly from the thread, but it looks like this mainly was an SD originated thing first? I'm usually pretty good about checking this thread at ;east a coupla times a day.

True dat. According to BS, I think they're down to 7% in stock. Of course, I'm kicking myself for missing out on Target-text-fest this week but I, like many, were just not aware in time. Hard to tell exactly from the thread, but it looks like this mainly was an SD originated thing first? I'm usually pretty good about checking this thread at ;east a coupla times a day.
I usually check CAG and SD constantly and still didn't catch the glitch until the last hour. I'm confident if I had seen it from the start I would have made out with a nice haul. All I was able to order was a Xbone X PUBG bundle. It hasn't been cancelled yet so there's hope I'll get something.

I usually check CAG and SD constantly and still didn't catch the glitch until the last hour. I'm confident if I had seen it from the start I would have made out with a nice haul. All I was able to order was a Xbone X PUBG bundle. It hasn't been cancelled yet so there's hope I'll get something.
Do you have Deal Alerts set up for SD? I just signed up today (too late, obviously) but I wonder if it would have caught the Target error.

So when do Ubisoft gold editions usually hit that sweet $20? I am patiently waiting for Far Cry 5.
I don't think it has merged with the vanilla copy yet. The gold edition still has its own DPCI (it doesn't when it merges and becomes much harder to track down), and they've just dropped the price to $60. But, they have been going fast in my area over the past couple of weeks; it went from around 12 or more copies to 2. You might be waiting awhile if it happens.

Yeah field destroy was always a take it to the dumpster protocol, but like anyone ever followed that. Whenever we got new magazines, we'd always take a copy home to read for a) knowledge and b) because we all knew damn well we'd be chucking unopened and bound magazines at the end of the month. We barely ever sold magazines unless they had a demo disc TBH so it was a pretty crazy waste of paper. When it came to guides, we'd just take whatever we wanted and nobody was taking home a ton to resell so it was able to continue like that for years.

I remember the worst our DM got pissy about was walking the mall and seeing some of our signage at the LAN center. He was a fucking tool because it hurt nothing and was mutually benefiting us with free advertising after we were instructed to toss it but they wanted it to advertise popular online games at the time for their store. Pretty sad because I loved my time working retail at EB with the exception that every DM I ever had was a royal cocksucker.

About the long to post I'm not going to quote, you expected them to take your word for it? WTF? Also correct that anything marked clearance will likely not be matched, so if matching a site they honor try and find a screen that doesn't say that word.

I was out of town for a wedding and then had a sick kid as we got back so been busy.  I'm going to just do myself a favor and not look up what this coupon deal or whatever it is was...

I was out of town for a wedding and then had a sick kid as we got back so been busy. I'm going to just do myself a favor and not look up what this coupon deal or whatever it is was...
Yeah, don't look up. It was YMMV and your wallet is thanking you right now probably.

I was out of town for a wedding and then had a sick kid as we got back so been busy. I'm going to just do myself a favor and not look up what this coupon deal or whatever it is was...
Yeah definitely don't look. You'll feel like I did the weekend I took a break from CAG and it happened to be the weekend NSW games were trading for $56 a pop at GS.

Yeah definitely don't look. You'll feel like I did the weekend I took a break from CAG and it happened to be the weekend NSW games were trading for $56 a pop at GS.
Was that before or after the $5 bonus business card? I remember the employee no-selling (wrestling term) when I got $61 or $62 whatever it was for Zelda that summer. I was away from home otherwise that dude have been the go to employee with dozens of 10/10 surveys

Do you have an image of them?
51jEtKl80UL._SY355_.jpg

Was that before or after the $5 bonus business card? I remember the employee no-selling (wrestling term) when I got $61 or $62 whatever it was for Zelda that summer. I was away from home otherwise that dude have been the go to employee with dozens of 10/10 surveys
I think after but I dont remember well. I tried blocking it out. Was also during a b2g1 as well :'(

Yooooo those are badass! Haha I havent seen those at my Target(s) at all! Any chance you have the DCPI? If you do then i give you best person of the day award
Despite looking on Target's site and BrickSeek, it's damn near impossible to find some of the Metalfigs sets DCPIs. Target has some of the WWE, Disney, and Harry Potter sets on clearance around me, but BrickSeek says that no one has any. Walmart has some DC, Disney, and Harry Potter ones on clearance around here, too.

Does SW: Battlefront 1 Ultimate Edition have any single player? Is it a good buy at $11.98?
It DOES NOT. It's online only. With a sequel out & it being 2 and a half years old, I doubt there's much of an active player base at this point. You might want to chip in a few more bucks & just get Battlefront II.

Despite looking on Target's site and BrickSeek, it's damn near impossible to find some of the Metalfigs sets DCPIs. Target has some of the WWE, Disney, and Harry Potter sets on clearance around me, but BrickSeek says that no one has any. Walmart has some DC, Disney, and Harry Potter ones on clearance around here, too.
Darn, well thanks for your help!

Does SW: Battlefront 1 Ultimate Edition have any single player? Is it a good buy at $11.98?
It doesn’t have a single player campaign, but it does have a wave system that you can do by yourself or with a buddy for couch co-op. I will admit it’s not the greatest thing, but I had a little bit of fun with it. The online is still decently active too with about 3,500 people on the PS4 version right now.

Anyway, if you just want it for single player stuff I don’t recommend it, but if you plan to play online too I’d give it chance at $12.

Also, you can check here to see how many active players are on each console.
http://swbstats.com

It doesn’t have a single player campaign, but it does have a wave system that you can do by yourself or with a buddy for couch co-op. I will admit it’s not the greatest thing, but I had a little bit of fun with it. The online is still decently active too with about 3,500 people on the PS4 version right now.

Anyway, if you just want it for single player stuff I don’t recommend it, but if you plan to play online too I’d give it chance at $12.

Also, you can check here to see how many active players are on each console.
http://swbstats.com
As an alternative, Battlefront II for the X1 is currently on sale for $15 through the Microsoft store

Was eyeing a PSVR skyrim bundle and when it finally dropped to $104 it was sold out by the time I saw it :(.

Found a Doom bundle marked down to $209 in my area, when it dropped to $89 I went in the next day. Worker refused to sell it for that price, said the $209 on the box was the lowest they could sell it for and it was an "error". Manager came over and told me "we can't lower the price on something that went on clearance once already." Conveniently it went out of stock later that night... Brutal :cry:

Found a Doom bundle marked down to $209 in my area, when it dropped to $89 I went in the next day. Worker refused to sell it for that price, said the $209 on the box was the lowest they could sell it for and it was an "error". Manager came over and told me "we can't lower the price on something that went on clearance once already." Conveniently it went out of stock later that night... Brutal :cry:
Next time buy it and do a return / rebuy. If it was ringing up that price, they shouldn't adjust it to a higher price but it will ring up that price during a return / rebuy.

Depends what state this happened in, it maybe deemed illegal by law.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Was it already marked $89 or were you trying to get price adjustment with Target app?

According to Brickseek. Only 3% of stores have the Hitman Season 1 ps4 steelbook and one of those stores is about 40 miles from me. 80 miles roundtrip just to get a $15 steelbook game that may or may not have the DLC extras and the store may or may not have anymore considering I distinctly remember seeing it in stock there last year at that price as well.

Also, anybody know if Steep is a fun game worth $9?

Next time buy it and do a return / rebuy. If it was ringing up that price, they shouldn't adjust it to a higher price but it will ring up that price during a return / rebuy.
I should have thought of this, I felt defeated and walked away

Was it already marked $89 or were you trying to get price adjustment with Target app?

It was marked $209, app and register rang up as $89 but he refused to sell it without manually changing it back to $209. Honestly he probably ended up buying it at $89 himself

It was marked $209, app and register rang up as $89 but he refused to sell it without manually changing it back to $209. Honestly he probably ended up buying it at $89 himself
Ummmm...wtf?? That’s a new one on me. A worker flat out refusing to sell what an item rings up for. And moreso MANUALLY overriding the price??? fuck that guy. He absolutely did buy it himself.

Report it to Corporate, depends on where this happened, it may be considered illegal by law in some states like CA.

Fry cry 5 gold edition was in the clearance section today...but the price scanned 59.99
When they get more new product, the leftover older product gets put in the clearance end caps, but they don't lower the price to clearance. They just do that to make room.

Not even a thing. Let that guy have it.

[attachment=30596:15324759072383064822810744735036.jpg]

bread's done
Back