Target Clearance Thread XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have some at two targets 30 and 40 miles from me. I'm not driving over a hour one way to save 20 bucks.

Newegg just ran a sale on all the new colors for $48 shipped.

I don't even need a controller really. I have 5 ps4 games and two controllers.
I don't have any visitors.

Problem solved.

Target by Pembroke in VA Beach has two left after I got one in the midnight DS4

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I hit 2 local targets that showed a limited stock of the midnight blue DS4 controllers.  The first one the lady said it showed they had 2 but after 5 minutes of looking, could not locate them.  The second place said it was an error and none are in stock and told me that they can call a Target 7 miles away that showed they had one in stock even though Brickseek said they were out of stock.  Said they would hold it for me if they had it in stock.  I didn't bother having them call.  14 miles round trip was not worth it even if they had 1 left.  I didn't really need the controller just thought it would be nice to have.  I already own 2 DS4's so having a 3rd wasn't a top priority.  I'm also only saving around $20 or so and driving the 14 miles round trip wasn't something I felt like doing.  At both of the Targets, they had them priced at $19.99 and a spot for them on the shelf. 

My Target actually had 6 Digimon Hackers Memory left! :O Been ages since I've managed to find a clearance game I actually WANT...

no, call it whatever you want. It's an error in their system. That is just the first term that came to mind.

This item is not supposed to be on clearance. It's on the regular shelves. This sort of thing happens every now and then. Some stores have it signed $59.99 and some of them have it signed $19.98 with a regular white sticker on the peg. It's a clearance price on an item that is getting restocked; it's an oversight in their system.
Gotcha. And see, the funny thing is, I've noticed multiple other items in-store that have those clearance prices listed on their white tags out and about hanging on the normal shelves: those clearanced "Rustic Series" board games? Seen those in the normal games area with the white tags. External hard drives? Same deal. Seems like the key difference here is that this was a rare clearance item that was actually restocked, and they didn't reset the price to normal MSRP or whatever in their system. I know Target clearance in general is very YMMV (which is obviously why some stores are diligent about marking down their items to 30%/50%/70% and others don't seem to give a damn), but if the item is there, on the floor, with an official Target white tag w/ the price, description and DPCI right there, and I find it and want to purchase it at that stated price, with that same price backed up by their own fuck ing in-store and handheld scanners, how can they really fight me? Saying "Oh, it's a pricing error" is understandable, but at the same time, don't they kinda have to honor the listed price until they fix the error, either in their system or with a new tag? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, I feel ya.  That's the annoying part about merchandise that is locked up (on a peg).

I bought two more controllers today but I had to ask the guy twice to price scan the item for me after he insisted they were $59.99 bc of the peg tag.  "Will you just please just scan it for me."  The dumbfounded look on his face after I was right was worth it though.    He asked "Did you want to buy one?" I said "I'd like two of them please."  My point is, that might have gone differently if I had tried to buy all three of them.  Like when I tried to buy 3 NES classic controllers on re-launch day a few months ago and got denied.  Just like you I had three on hold for me in the lockup and she would only sell me one.  It happens. 

I found a Midnight Blue Dualshock.  At full price.

Another store that was a little further away says they have some, but they were nowhere to be found.  They said their Playstation rep was there the day before and may have pulled them?  Do they actually have representatives from game companies show up at stores like that?  I actually think they were feeding me a line of BS, because they didn't want to go look.

Well, if you're in NE Ohio and feel like taking a chance with the Midnight Blue DS:

c1ac3fdb00a997eeaf4a447063d8b3d7.jpg

I found a Midnight Blue Dualshock. At full price.

Another store that was a little further away says they have some, but they were nowhere to be found. They said their Playstation rep was there the day before and may have pulled them? Do they actually have representatives from game companies show up at stores like that? I actually think they were feeding me a line of BS, because they didn't want to go look.
It is true. Retail stores have company reps drop by and set up displays and give employees trainings on their products. Sometimes these reps give you major heads up on things. You also have access to special promotions. There's even a special thread in the Sony CAG forum.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Sony rep did say something about the price being wrong

Sony and Nintendo have reps, never seen a Microsoft one, but could be timing. Sony ones tend to give me free stuff so I like them more than the Nintendo ones :D

Managed to get my own Midnight Blue Controller, left one more on the shelf. I only needed one. Now I have 3.

Seems like the steel blacks never got restocked.

Sony and Nintendo have reps, never seen a Microsoft one, but could be timing. Sony ones tend to give me free stuff so I like them more than the Nintendo ones :D
I saw the same Nintendo rep at a TRU 50 miles away from the BBY I saw him at 2 months earlier. I told him I saw him there for a Super Mario Odyssey event, and he gave me BotW stickers. He was a pretty cool older guy. Didn't make it to the Smash Brothers event at the same BBY, so I missed him there.

The midnight blue DS4 is still active. Just found one on the racks, wrong rack item and tag, no clearance tag, but scanned in Target app as $19. The redshirt who unlocked the rack for me knew of the price drop and let slip, "oh these aren't supposed to be here..." Bought it there and then. Brickseek and Target.com showed no stock, just was doing shopping and a regular clearance items check.

Went to a Target to grab another one and this guy with his kid were looking at the ds4's when I got there. They got the last midnight blue before me probably only because it was marked as 19.48 on the white tag.

Honestly, you should've bought em right there rather than have them hold it for you imo, especially when you got an employee who didn't really ask questions/give you a hard time. Then you can go ahead and do your other shopping

My Target actually had 6 Digimon Hackers Memory left! :O Been ages since I've managed to find a clearance game I actually WANT...
Ugh...Brickseek showed a few at a local Target but none in the shelf when I looked weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm really frustrated with Target for not dropping the base price of games to $20 before clearancing them out. I paid $12 for Resident Evil 1&2, passed up on Outlast for $12, and TMNT for $15. I wanted to pay $6 for Digimon Hacker's Memory, not $9. Bad enough the clearance in my area never goes below 70% for games, now they're messing with us like this?

Bad enough the clearance in my area never goes below 70% for games, now they're messing with us like this?
It's very rare for any target to drop items below 70% off. Usually once it hits 70% off and doesn't sell, it is returned to the manufacturer but most of the time it's donated or destroyed.

found one midnight blue ds4 controller at a target for $20. but i also saw a snes classic in the clearance aisle for $50, didnt pick it up but just a heads up. 

BS said my store got a restock of the DS4, but they didn't have any on the shelf. The employee knew about the price error and said he cleared the system out to show not in stock, but it still showed up in the app as in stock. He called another store and it was the same story that their system said it was in stock, when it wasn't.

I already have 2 DS4s, so no big loss (was in the store to buy coffee anyways).

Missed out. Local had 2 and gone right away. They were putting them on hold for guests.

Just picked up two Mid Blue DS4 myself. Finally. They were sitting on counter in Mobile Phone Area. No peg for them in display anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just picked up two Mid Blue DS4 myself. Finally. They were sitting on counter in Mobile Phone Area. No peg for them in display anymore.

Just checked and BrickSeek has already update OOS at the store I just bought from.

I was able to get 2 extra. Not sure what shipping would be, but I'm willing to help out a fellow cag.

Edit: 2 people have asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back