Target Clearance Thread XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw LEGO Star Wars for XB1 for $9.98 and several of the 3DS games on clearance at my local store:
yfpJTio.jpg

I already had most of the 3DS games but I picked up:

$19.98 - Miitopia for 3DS

$  4.48 - Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Wheel Set (White)
$14.48 - Overwatch D.VA Nendoroid

Also grabbed the last Pikachu Funko Pop despite Brickseek saying my store was sold out! :D

Went on the hunt during lunch break, giant end cap full of games mentioned above plus these:

:ps4:
Minecraft Story Mode: Season 2 207-34-1762 $9.98

:xb1:
Minecraft Story Mode: Season 2 207-32-1762 $9.98
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard Gold Edition 207-32-1784 $14.98
Sonic Forces 207-32-1775 $19.98
Star Wars: Battlefront Ultimate Edition 207-32-1643 $19.98
Titanfall 2 207-32-1388 $9.98
XCOM 2 207-32-0160 $9.98

:3ds:
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia 207-02-7020 $19.98
Yo-Kai Watch 207-02-0182 $19.98

:wiiu:
Just Dance 2017 207-30-1600 $9.94
Just Dance 2018 207-30-2726 $19.98

I bought Burnout. The only one I played was Takedown on GCN. Paradise remastered got great reviews and it's enhanced for Xbox One X and the price was right.

Probably extreme YMMV, but if your store happens to have the Fallout 76 Power Armor editions in stock, they might be 50% off. Brickseek and other trackers have no up-to-date info. likely because the listing is no longer searchable on the site or the app.

Richfield, MN seems to have at least 5 as of a couple hours ago piled high in the Electronics area.
These were apparently marked as online item and were $68. I'm guessing someone pre-ordered a bunch and couldn't resell them, so they returned them.

Bunch of games showed up in the clearance section of my local store. Yo Kai Watch, Hey Pikmin, Fire Emblem Warriors all 3DS for $20 each.
Various Xbox One games like N4S Payback, Xcom 2, Burnout Paradise, FF XV all 50% off for $10 each. Gravel for $15. Sonic Forces for $20.

Nothing special, but worth checking your stores.
I was just about to tell your guys about this. The store I went to also had Dishonored Death of the outsider and resident evil 7 gold edition, $10 and $15 respectively. I ended up picking up both.

I visited the Richfield store today and there were four XB1 Power Armor edtions on the sales floor. The one I looked at was priced $98.xx.
You may be right, I went back to check the photo this guy posted in Facebook group, but he's removed the picture and is now selling the 2 he bought, lol. I could have sworn it showed 68, but maybe it was 98.

Went to my local Target, and picked up Burnout Paradise and Shenume for XB1. Shenmue had the wrong tag, and it was $9.98. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Nada here in Salisbury, MD for the new round of clearance games :(  They've been terrible since they renovated the store earlier this year.

So I tried to pricematch GameStop's 20.97 price for Metroid: Samus Returns.

It's been awhile since I've tried to PM anything at Target (last time I tried they refused to PM their own website lol). This time the guy pulls out a scanner device, loads up a specific PM app, scans the game, selects GameStop's icon within the app, but still can't approve the PM.

Can someone familiar with the process explain why the PM failed, even though I clearly can see the 20.97 price on GameStop's mobile page and GameStop was a listed retailer in their PM app?

It's been awhile since I've tried to PM anything at Target (last time I tried they refused to PM their own website lol). This time the guy pulls out a scanner device, loads up a specific PM app, scans the game, selects GameStop's icon within the app, but still can't approve the PM.
Can someone familiar with the process explain why the PM failed, even though I clearly can see the 20.97 price on GameStop's mobile page and GameStop was a listed retailer in their PM app?
There is no reason. It should have been approved. Is there a reason you are not getting it at best buy with their 3ds game sale and assorted glitches?

Possibly not in stock within a certain distance from the location. Try at a diff Target and ask why if they deny it again.

Fine print. For example, although BB will pm Amazon who doesn't have B&M, they will only pm local (with 10 miles) Gamestops as long as the item is in stock. This could be the same for Target.
I'm familiar with best buys price match policy. Gamestop is not on their list of online retailers they price match. Therefore it falls under the "local competitor" rules in which case item must be in stock in a local store.

Target has similar rules and I didn't think gamestop was a listed online retailer so would need a published ad or verified stock in local store. However, the poster said there was an actual icon for gamestop on their ipad which would suggest target now price matches gamestop.com. otherwise it wouldn't have that icon. I've price matched local competitors there that did not show up on their ipad but I needed the published ad. perhaps a target employee could clarify. I'd like to know when gamestop started showing up as a retailer on their iPads because it wasn't there a year ago when I tried to do so and I was denied for that reason

Call up Target Corporation Guest Relations (or through online chat) and explain the situation. They'll most likely issue you a gift card for the difference.

So did I miss the clearance of Yokai Watch 2: Psychic Specters at Target stores? It is showing full price at every location around me but sold out. 

Edit: Aaand it's out of stock at BestBuy.com, Walmart.com, GameStop.com (New), and Target.com. So just a limited print run then? Dang, I waited too long. Now I can pay either $10 over MSRP for physical or MSRP for digital.

Nope. Think I'm just gonna skip it.

Last edited by a moderator:
A store I have been watching for a drop on the Arcade1up machines just increased the price back to MSRP. Another store still has the price marked down.

EDIT: meant for walmart thread

A store I have been watching for a drop on the Arcade1up machines just increased the price back to MSRP. Another store still has the price marked down.
I saw some the other day that was back up to $300. Shame, I'd definitely buy one for $200 right now otherwise I am waiting for some of the rumored ones so I can get one with games I will play more than a handful of times.

I want to hear why people want those tiny arcade machines. I'm being sincere. It looks nifty zero but the scale is weird.

Target holiday markdown habit is back again, 50% off games rose back to msrp today. It only a matter of time the rest of the stores will mark everything back up to msrp

Probably because the price aligns with their (Gamestop's) clearance price structure at 20.97 (not 20.99), and Target does not PM clearance, liquidation sales, closeouts, etc. Even though GS is an accepted online retailer, there are still item exclusions.

Target PM Policy - https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/shop-with-confidence

I saw some the other day that was back up to $300. Shame, I'd definitely buy one for $200 right now otherwise I am waiting for some of the rumored ones so I can get one with games I will play more than a handful of times.
Oops, I thought I was in the walmart thread, need more coffee.

Target holiday markdown habit is back again, 50% off games rose back to msrp today. It only a matter of time the rest of the stores will mark everything back up to msrp

So the 3DS games are back to MSRP?

I was holding off for a possible 70%, since I wanted some sealed copies for my collection. Guess that's not gonna happen.

Nevermind.

So far (at least according to brickseek for my area), the 3DS games I'm watching are still $19.98. It's true that could change any minute, but for now the clearance prices are the same as they were yesterday.

My local Targets never have these kind of clearance anymore, last thing I saw (last week) was CoD: Advanced Warfare (XB1/PS4) for $29

Nevermind.
So far (at least according to brickseek for my area), the 3DS games I'm watching are still $19.98. It's true that could change any minute, but for now the clearance prices are the same as they were yesterday.
Fire Emblem went back up in my area, would be nicer if it hits 70%

PSVR case too, glad it picked that one up yesterday

Found a Hanzo nendoroid tucked away behind some random overwatch merch for 14.98. Didn't show in the app, but the DPCI it was under is 207-04-0486

Found a Hanzo nendoroid tucked away behind some random overwatch merch for 14.98. Didn't show in the app, but the DPCI it was under is 207-04-0486
yeah they delisted the DPCI a bit back, so sadly you can't BS for it, have to just check it when you find it. I never ended up finding one clearanced at target, ended up just buying at gamestop

Picked up:

XBO Final Fantasy XV deluxe edition 9.98 (DCPI is merged with the regular one so 207-32-0015.

3DS Monster Hunter Stories 19.98 (207-02-7024)

Fire Emblem went back up in my area, would be nicer if it hits 70%

PSVR case too, glad it picked that one up yesterday

None of the 3ds games have gone back up in my area. All 50% off. A store shows Monster Hunter Stores at $11.98, but showing OOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back