Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Digital $25 Xbox cards are $20 today only.  It appears you can only add three to your cart, but I have ordered six so far across two orders and have received and redeemed all the codes.

Was hoping to find the $65 Sous Vide cooker mentioned here, but the store that I went to that had 2 in stock, they were full price...RATS

That store did have a ton of yellow tags (on the shelf not on the item) for electronics markdowns, but pretty much all items were wiped out that were 75% off.
not the $65 clearance price point, but several retailers have the $220 unit down to $129.99 now. Amazon, Target, BestBuy,

Digital $25 Xbox cards are $20 today only. It appears you can only add three to your cart, but I have ordered six so far across two orders and have received and redeemed all the codes.
Wonder if you could finagle a store to do this on a physical card rather than an eCard. We need two of these for the angel tree kids for my husband's work.

Heads up for board game players/collectors... many games are still heavily discounted or half off. And today they started a B2G1 sale, which is stacking! Bought a bunch of board games tonight.

Heads up for board game players/collectors... many games are still heavily discounted or half off. And today they started a B2G1 sale, which is stacking! Bought a bunch of board games tonight.
asmodee forgot to pull their inventory earlier this morning but eventually pulled all their drop shipped crap

I'm not sure what you mean by this.
Asmodee drop ships most of their board games for target. For the past year or so they have been pulling their inventory everytime target has a boardgame sale. Usually they do it a day or so before but they apparently forgot to do it until sometime this afternoon.

Asmodee drop ships most of their board games for target. For the past year or so they have been pulling their inventory everytime target has a boardgame sale. Usually they do it a day or so before but they apparently forgot to do it until sometime this afternoon.
Thank you. Could you elaborate a bit me? I'm a little lost on what you mean exactly.

What I did was order a few games with the B2G1 deal that are also still on sale. Nice double dip and it's been working nicely all evening. Usually with video games one of the deal goes away or the double dip only works before 5am on a Sunday.

When you mention drop ship for target, are you referring to orders place online to ship to home and then get rejected due to a sale? Or that the manufacturer/distributor stops restocking target before a sale?

Thank you. Could you elaborate a bit me? I'm a little lost on what you mean exactly.

What I did was order a few games with the B2G1 deal that are also still on sale. Nice double dip and it's been working nicely all evening. Usually with video games one of the deal goes away or the double dip only works before 5am on a Sunday.

When you mention drop ship for target, are you referring to orders place online to ship to home and then get rejected due to a sale? Or that the manufacturer/distributor stops restocking target before a sale?
I wouldn't worry about any orders already placed. Most of the games that were already on sale were also target stocked items.

Asmodee pulls the titles that they drop ship which is typically all the titles target doesn't stock in stores. IE pandemic, Catan, ticket to ride are stocked by target so they dont go oos. All the various pandemic seasons are drop shipped which is why all the pandemic seasons are oos. Same with mansions of madness, journeys in middle earth, marvel champions etc.

I figured since asmodee has a map pricing holiday, they decided to let target have their sale but I guess not. Last year was great when their was a b2g1 and the target 25% off toy coupon as asmodee didn't pull their inventory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to a Target next to LAX and it was really small but decent. Only sells food and some home department stuff but outside looked like a dump. Then I tried the one next to SpaceX and an asian dude laughed my jacket. :p The one next to SpaceX has Battlefield 2042 for PS4 "repackaged" for around $27.99 and another game I forgot which also "repackaged" for both $27.99 and $19.60. There were multiple copies with either price on their stickers. There were mutiples of both games so It's safe to say they put the repackaged stickers on instead of just calling them clearance.

EDIT: I just remembered what the second game was, it was Saint's Row.

I wouldn't worry about any orders already placed. Most of the games that were already on sale were also target stocked items.
Asmodee pulls the titles that they drop ship which is typically all the titles target doesn't stock in stores. IE pandemic, Catan, ticket to ride are stocked by target so they dont go oos. All the various pandemic seasons are drop shipped which is why all the pandemic seasons are oos. Same with mansions of madness, journeys in middle earth, marvel champions etc.
I figured since asmodee has a map pricing holiday, they decided to let target have their sale but I guess not. Last year was great when their was a b2g1 and the target 25% off toy coupon as asmodee didn't pull their inventory.
That makes sense now. So the distributor and/or target is scamming or lying to customers. Is that legal?

I see what you mean. I was watching a board game, ticket to ride Nordic. It was shipping only and not in stores. Just ordered it on Amazon instead. Now as soon as this B2G1 sale started, the game that was shipping only is now delisted from search results and magically ‘sold out’ at target. Meanwhile Amazon has the same price the whole time.

Years ago pre covid I saw my local start do illegal things like this yet in store. When some sales were live on video games, they’d pull the games off the shelf and hold them in the back. Magically Sunday morning when the sale was off the stores were restocked right at opening time. This was before in store pick up was a thing.

That makes sense now. So the distributor and/or target is scamming or lying to customers. Is that legal?

I see what you mean. I was watching a board game, ticket to ride Nordic. It was shipping only and not in stores. Just ordered it on Amazon instead. Now as soon as this B2G1 sale started, the game that was shipping only is now delisted from search results and magically ‘sold out’ at target. Meanwhile Amazon has the same price the whole time.

Years ago pre covid I saw my local start do illegal things like this yet in store. When some sales were live on video games, they’d pull the games off the shelf and hold them in the back. Magically Sunday morning when the sale was off the stores were restocked right at opening time. This was before in store pick up was a thing.
You have to use the filter that shows out of stock items on target.com to see everything. I filter sold by target and show out of stock so I can see all their items.

Asmodee has a MAP (minimum advertised price) policy but they currently have a MAP holiday which is why so many game stores have their products on sale for a higher discount than normal. I am not sure why they refuse to drop ship for target during these sales though.

Thought about pre ordering Callisto protocol with my $10 off $60 target coupon but target’s usually bad with pre order shipping so gonna try and place an order on the day it actually drops. We should expect them to be sold instores unlike other games like gungrave right? Especially since it’s a fairly popular game

Thought about pre ordering Callisto protocol with my $10 off $60 target coupon but target’s usually bad with pre order shipping so gonna try and place an order on the day it actually drops. We should expect them to be sold instores unlike other games like gungrave right? Especially since it’s a fairly popular game
It's in the weekly ad this week so I'd hope they'd have it in-store...

be careful… there’s a review embargo which historically means the game is really bad.

Supposedly someone broke embargo and said it's amazing but who knows. All I know is that if a game is already selling skins, weapons and other trinkets it's already low on my to buy list and will just wait for clearance or a sale.

Supposedly someone broke embargo and said it's amazing but who knows. All I know is that if a game is already selling skins, weapons and other trinkets it's already low on my to buy list and will just wait for clearance or a sale.
GOTY or gold edition will already be on the way.

I don’t know about you all, but I pre-ordered Calisto Protocol and Evil West back when they were 20% off via Cartwheel. Both are showing that they’re back ordered on my orders page. Like, what the heck is the point of pre-ordering? LOL.

Evil West came out on 11/22.

[attachment=37560:Screenshot 2022-12-01 111152.jpg]

I don’t know about you all, but I pre-ordered Calisto Protocol and Evil West back when they were 20% off via Cartwheel. Both are showing that they’re back ordered on my orders page. Like, what the heck is the point of pre-ordering? LOL.

Screenshot 2022-12-01 111152.jpg
That’s always the trade off with Target. You can grab some great preorder deals from time to time, but every once in a while they’ll just end up dragging out fulfillment or auto-cancel your order.

attachicon.gif
Screenshot 2022-12-01 111152.jpg

most Gamestops have not even got copies of Evil West in yet... Something odd with this title or GS

Decided to cancel my 20% off Collisto Protocol. It's back ordered so not being able to play it day 1 and with the bad to mediocre reviews it will probably drop relatively quickly once the dead space remake comes out or even sooner. Too many good games play right now anyways.

Callisto seems to have good reviews and some ok ones. I hear that it’s fun but short. Good for those who haven’t played dead space (me) since it’s basically dead space just a different name. Also the price point definitely is a problem if it’s a short game u can actually finish in one day. Now I’m actually thinking twice about using a coupon on it especially when we might get a b2g1 this month

Update: lmfao I just checked target and nfs unbound, midnight suns, and callisto protocol are sold out. How many copies do they even get lmfao. I’ll check again when their site updates

Aaand callisto is right back up. Maybe people cancelled after seeing the reviews? I can’t quite pull the trigger now lol will probably just use my $10 off $60 on dead space. Brokengamezhdr seems to not like the game and wants a refund lol. No NG+ for the game yet, now wouldn’t be the best time to play it

Callisto seems to have good reviews and some ok ones. I hear that it’s fun but short. Good for those who haven’t played dead space (me) since it’s basically dead space just a different name. Also the price point definitely is a problem if it’s a short game u can actually finish in one day. Now I’m actually thinking twice about using a coupon on it especially when we might get a b2g1 this month

Update: lmfao I just checked target and nfs unbound, midnight suns, and callisto protocol are sold out. How many copies do they even get lmfao. I’ll check again when their site updates

Aaand callisto is right back up. Maybe people cancelled after seeing the reviews? I can’t quite pull the trigger now lol will probably just use my $10 off $60 on dead space. Brokengamezhdr seems to not like the game and wants a refund lol. No NG+ for the game yet, now wouldn’t be the best time to play it
I’m staying far away from it until it’s super cheap for a few reasons. Embargo is one, when companies do that they know their game is bad. Secondly most game are broken at launch. Look at Pokémon right now. Have to watch for some updates to QoL. Third it’s a 10 hour game. No way it’s worth full price.

as far as canceling orders or the game disappearing from targets website, they like to play games and turn inventory off when they feel like it.

I’m staying far away from it until it’s super cheap for a few reasons. Embargo is one, when companies do that they know their game is bad. Secondly most game are broken at launch. Look at Pokémon right now. Have to watch for some updates to QoL. Third it’s a 10 hour game. No way it’s worth full price.

as far as canceling orders or the game disappearing from targets website, they like to play games and turn inventory off when they feel like it.
For target, you have to click on the show out of stock items filter as they don't show out of stock items by default.

We just had this promo about 3-4 weeks ago. So soon again, you think? I was thinking more like the next one would be in Q1 2023.
Agreed. I'm skeptical we'll see another B2G1 before 2022 ends. It would be one thing if BF/CM didn't go well, but it seems consumers were willing to pile on the debt this year to spend-spend-spend ... retailers like Target don't have reason then to keep the discounts going in that scenario, not to mention B2G1 sales on games and movies are unlikely to move the needle much for them on profits.

While yes target and gamestop both did b2g1's in december last year. That doesn't necessarily mean they will this year. Though it would be nice. 

Idk it’s just from what I remember. It was either bestbuy and/or target that does b2g1 on December. One can only hope
Best Buy does offer one occasionally but it doesn't stand out to me that there is any predictable pattern to it. Also from what I remember seeing, the game selection tends to be very limited.

The Target Circle offer for 10% off Target gift cards that is valid on 12/3 and 12/4 is now live, but the 10% off offer must be added on your Circle account online before it can be used. 

https://www.target.com/circle/offers

It appears to be a one-time use coupon meaning you can't make multiple gift card transactions to get the deal.  Rather, you have to buy all of the gift cards at once.

Also, I learned the hard way last month that purchases of Target gift cards do not count toward those randomly offered Circle bonus offers that say "earn a Circle Reward of $ when you make 4 purchases of $," but you can use Target gift cards as the payment method for those types of transactions.

I’ve got the Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Flex, Discover, and Kroger. Giving me 5% up to $7,500 in Apple Pay or PayPal.

Oh and Target recently added two factor authentication that will send you a text or email when you log on. Worth doing if you have a credit card, redcard, or gift card saved to your account. I did not see the option on the Target App but did from a computer: Settings > Sign in and security > “two step verification”

I’ve got the Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Flex, Discover, and Kroger. Giving me 5% up to $7,500 in Apple Pay or PayPal.

Oh and Target recently added two factor authentication that will send you a text or email when you log on. Worth doing if you have a credit card, redcard, or gift card saved to your account. I did not see the option on the Target App but did from a computer: Settings > Sign in and security > “two step verification”
discover is doing 5% paypal?

Anyone run into those half off clearances games we get around this time?
Referenced this twice recently and this is the situation:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/369240-target-clearance-thread-xxiv/page-94#entry14500440

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/369240-target-clearance-thread-xxiv/page-97#entry14504185

I've been to several Target locations in my area over the past few months and in each case they had pulled most, if not all, of the off-planogram/discontinued video games for salvage so if there is some kind of promo this time around it looks to be slim pickings.

Referenced this twice recently and this is the situation:
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/369240-target-clearance-thread-xxiv/page-94#entry14500440
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/369240-target-clearance-thread-xxiv/page-97#entry14504185

I've been to several Target locations in my area over the past few months and in each case they had pulled most, if not all, of the off-planogram/discontinued video games for salvage so if there is some kind of promo this time around it looks to be slim pickings.
Complete YMMV sidenote, but I like to visit the stores in my area a week or two after the B2G1 sales have happened (especially the B2G1 event closer to Black Friday), since sometimes there are returns for ‘online only’ games that happen once other stores have published their deals/discounts. For instance, a week or so back, I happened across two copies of Chernobylite on PS4 that didn’t scan at all when I went to check the price. I knew they weren’t typical stock for the store—had never seen the game in section at any Target. I found both on the gaming overflow/clearance endcap. No price sticker or anything on them, just sitting there in plastic coffins. Asked an associate for help, and after confirming that the game wasn’t in their system, she priced them at 70% off their listed price online. So ended up getting them for $9 apiece. Turned out to be one of my better deals this holiday season. Also had a similar situation happen a few years back on PS4 copies of Frostpunk and Children of Morta as well.

Longer story short, even if you don’t see the cardboard boxes of cheap games this season, I would definitely continue to make a pass by those overflow endcaps and/or clearance sections from around mid-November to mid-January. Given the increased frequency of returns, this can be the best time of year for discovering some things that are off the beaten path, and finding those unexpected deals can be the cherry on top of the holiday shopping season.

bread's done
Back