Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Gamestop has the Mario games on sale for $40 new. A price match + circle coupon would make them $10 each. I'm gonna try my luck today lol.
Worked for me - got Super Mario Odyssey yesterday and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe earlier today for $9 each before tax!

NSMB U Deluxe would also be $9 after the price-match/Circle coupon discounts.

The Circle coupon is multi-use but it will only apply to 1 game at a time so you have to do separate transactions if you want more than 1 game.

Grabbed last copy of Wild Hearts for $16 at the Pinole store. Also pm'd Mario Golf for $39.99. That was probably my buy point on it and I missed it in March.

I priced matched Super Mario 3D World to Best Buy for $50.99, then with the $30 Target Circle discount I paid $20.99.
I added the game to my cart and then used the chat function to ask a rep to price match to $40, but was told it could not since there is already a $30 promotion for the game. Is it just YMMV or is there a specific order this should be done?

I added the game to my cart and then used the chat function to ask a rep to price match to $40, but was told it could not since there is already a $30 promotion for the game. Is it just YMMV or is there a specific order this should be done?
They aren’t supposed to stack cart wheel deals and price matching you kind of have to hope the person at the register doesn’t care.

Last edited by a moderator:
We all know it's possible.  And we all also know that employees are not supposed to price match when it can be combined with a bundle sale or a Circle offer.

It's cheating the system, and it's against their company policy.  Try it if you want, but there's no reason to discuss it publicly.  So that other people don't come by here and think they are entitled to that offer at the store. mods delete posts and ban people over this topic on other sites. 

Any cashier should see that $9.99 final value on a full-priced first-party Nintendo game and know that that's not supposed to happen.  This is the kind of thing that makes supervisors angry and can get regular workers in trouble if someone catches it.

Cheating the system also leads to us not getting these Circle deals like this again in the future.  It will also get the generous price matching policy killed eventually.  So keep it to yourself.

We all know it's possible. And we all also know that employees are not supposed to price match when it can be combined with a bundle sale or a Circle offer.

It's cheating the system, and it's against their company policy. Try it if you want, but there's no reason to discuss it publicly. So that other people don't come by here and think they are entitled to that offer at the store. mods delete posts and ban people over this on other sties.

Any cashier should see that $9.99 final value on a full-priced first-party Nintendo game and know that that's not supposed to happen. This is the kind of thing that makes supervisors angry and can get regular workers in trouble if someone catches it.

Cheating the system like this also leads to us not getting these Circle deals like this again in the future. So keep it to yourself.
is that why we can’t place orders anymore for shipping or pick up? I see the games like odyssey and 3D world “out of stock” but I just went in store and they had at least 5-6 copies of each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: Deleted.  hustlersuniversitytopG is correct and wise.  He didn't become top G for nothing.

I have a different take. We all have our own sense of where the line is for things like this. I'm aware that selling $9 Mario games is not what they were trying to do. But I also believe it was their responsibility to set up their system to process these things in compliance with their policies. I do feel a duty to refrain from willfully deceiving anyone. I feel no duty whatsoever to correct a large corporation's mistake, nor to refrain from benefiting from it. I will not lie to any employee about what I'm trying to do, I know I'm not entitled to any such deal, and if they decline I thank them kindly for their help and I leave. If they know what I'm asking for and they give it to me, then I'll take my $9 Mario game home and I'll sleep just fine. The other day I went to a yard sale, and the guy had Pokemon Crystal for $1. I gave him a dollar for it and left. I suppose I could have told him that the game was worth a lot more than $1, but I didn't, and I don't think I did anything wrong.

I also don't see any point whatsoever in trying to quell the discussion, as if anything any of us nerds writes in a video game internet forum has any effect on anything. The cat is clearly already out of the bag so to speak. It would also just be pretty funny if Target execs were monitoring this forum and the post that tipped them off and killed the deal was yours talking about how we shouldn't post about it so no one will find out.
I feel like these discussions never end well. I feel it’s best to leave it at to each they’re own.

is that why we can’t place orders anymore for shipping or pick up? I see the games like odyssey and 3D world “out of stock” but I just went in store and they had at least 5-6 copies of each.

That makes sense. I was starting to wonder how all the Mario games were oos suddenly. Thought morons were hoarding the Mario stuff like they were collecible - lol - Nintendo sure has trained these idiot consumers well.

Probably wario64. You'd be surprised how big of a deal poster that account is.
I relooked it was someone that replied under him. Also I looked at his tweets he is really out there tweeting deals alot. Worth a follow and better thing to pay attention to then the chaos on Twitter these days.

Well I added Mario Golf to my cart and then got on Target chat and they modified the price to match Amazon with no questions. Probably easier than trying to adjust in store. Might be worthwhile to anyone else trying to PM.

I relooked it was someone that replied under him. Also I looked at his tweets he is really out there tweeting deals alot. Worth a follow and better thing to pay attention to then the chaos on Twitter these days.
He certainly finds most deals on games. Occasionally he posts food deals too. Definitely worth following him and Occasionally checking dealseeker2u since he posts about Amazon warehouse deals Occasionally that are good finds like 34$ ps5 controllers

How does someone who joined CAG in 2010 not know of Wario, who used to post CAG deals before splitting off?

Is it not a troll post?

Target pulling the plug on the whole offer because of people combining it with price matching is funny as hell, nice work everyone

Target pulling the plug on the whole offer because of people combining it with price matching is funny as hell, nice work everyone
It wasn’t just the Switch games, people were combining a Beats offer with PM and a computer Pm with offer to get those for dirt cheap. I don’t think they’ll do offers like these via circle offers in the future.

The whole fallout with cag was because of affiliate links. That’s why it’s just mostly random things that get posted here now. A lot of the bigger threads that use to be rampant here all died out because of those issues.

people were price matching amazons $130 beats and combining the target circle $80 off beats making it only $50 for a pair of $200 beats.
Not bad. The deal is better today. Walked into a target today with a customer buying beats right as I walked into the electronics department. I casually mentioned “getting in on the deal eh”? Verbatim the guy goes “yeah I heard about this deal from twitter about combining deals.” It was an employee on his day off, in street clothes, buying a pair of black solo beats. Was $30 after PM and circle offer.

Here's a weird one... I'm on holiday now and near the one and only target for two hours in any direction. Very remote and new target with small inventory. It seems many sports games are $16, any console. Dead Space PS5 was $27 while the target website shows as $35.

Here's a weird one... I'm on holiday now and near the one and only target for two hours in any direction. Very remote and new target with small inventory. It seems many sports games are $16, any console. Dead Space PS5 was $27 while the target website shows as $35.
It's not weird or unique. As per recent comments in this thread there seems to be a sale/clearance going on for various Electronic Arts titles.

It's not weird or unique. As per recent comments in this thread there seems to be a sale/clearance going on for various Electronic Arts titles.
What's odd is the specific pricing lower in this remote target. They were not yellow clearance tags. They were marked with general white/red sale tags except with lower prices than advertised online.

What's odd is the specific pricing lower in this remote target. They were not yellow clearance tags. They were marked with general white/red sale tags except with lower prices than advertised online.
They are showing that price at several targets here in the Bay Area. I suspect it's mostly nationwide this week.

My Target has the $300 Sony inzone h9 headset on clearance for $90. And the $100 H4 I believe for $30
How does one verify an in store clearance price now that brickseek doesn’t show it anymore? I’ve been traveling up the east coast yesterday and today. I found one store with these headphones and it was still full price. Today there’s one more store showing stock and I have no idea of the price. Don’t want to drive out of the way to find it’s also MSRP.

It’s it still advised not to call guest services up front and offer the dpci to ask the in store price?

Not bad. The deal is better today. Walked into a target today with a customer buying beats right as I walked into the electronics department. I casually mentioned “getting in on the deal eh”? Verbatim the guy goes “yeah I heard about this deal from twitter about combining deals.” It was an employee on his day off, in street clothes, buying a pair of black solo beats. Was $30 after PM and circle offer.
Is the target Circle offer for Beats expired? I can't find it anywhere in my offers.

We all know it's possible. And we all also know that employees are not supposed to price match when it can be combined with a bundle sale or a Circle offer.

It's cheating the system, and it's against their company policy. Try it if you want, but there's no reason to discuss it publicly. So that other people don't come by here and think they are entitled to that offer at the store. mods delete posts and ban people over this topic on other sites.

Any cashier should see that $9.99 final value on a full-priced first-party Nintendo game and know that that's not supposed to happen. This is the kind of thing that makes supervisors angry and can get regular workers in trouble if someone catches it.

Cheating the system also leads to us not getting these Circle deals like this again in the future. It will also get the generous price matching policy killed eventually. So keep it to yourself.
Coupons will always be abused so cheat early, cheat often. Nobody was complaining when BB and TRU were giving games away for free via coupon abuse (and a fair deal of company incompetence).

Did anyone else pre-order Powerwash Simulator from Target? Physical copies released on 6/13...

Now every Tuesday I've had to wake up and approve another delay. This happened with Evil West as well, but I had to approve a delay twice for that game, not four times!

Had a coupon when I bought this, so kinda don't wanna cancel...

[attachment=38063:Screenshot 2023-07-18 084603.jpg]

bread's done
Back