Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Picked up couple of children's star wars coloring books for $2 each.

The princess bride deluxe edition hardcover - $18.35

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys for posting about the PUBG controller a week or so ago. I bought it at $34 plus tax, but today I was about to do a return and rebuy and get it for $20.98 plus tax at a different store. I just told the lady I wanted to use a different credit card so she processed it no problem; she seemed kinda surprised at the lower price but her line was backed up so she didn't have time to say anything about it.

Do "Online Item"s ever drop in price? Our target got in one of those Minecraft Grass Block XB1s and I wouldn't mind having it for the collection at the right price, but 250 is a big nope.

Do "Online Item"s ever drop in price? Our target got in one of those Minecraft Grass Block XB1s and I wouldn't mind having it for the collection at the right price, but 250 is a big nope.
Yes and no, "Online Item" and "As-Is" are made up price sticker by the store. Generally they won't drop like "Clearance", but instead will drop by the manager discretion.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Tempted to get the PUBG controller but I already have two X1 controllers I never use and my original one isn't showing any noticeable wear.

Worst day of my life at target! I found game of thrones books leather clothed edition. The lady at the register took off online item sticker and scan the original barcode. She said I can’t give you the price for that sticker. She mentioned online item sticker is different from original barcode. What!? They called the manager and said the same thing. They offered 10% off of original. They said I need to make sure that the guy at electronics section said it’s the right price. What?! That’s not my job. This is why I don’t go to target at worst part the city. Always some BS, never happened to me at location I usually go.

Worst day of my life at target! I found game of thrones books leather clothed edition. The lady at the register took off online item sticker and scan the original barcode. She said I can’t give you the price for that sticker. What!? They called the manager and said the same thing. They offered 10% off of original. They said I need to make sure that the guy at electronics section said the it’s the right price. What?! That’s not my job. This is why I don’t go to target at worst part the city. Always some BS, never happened to me at location I usually go.
Survey that up or complain vs CS. Target is pretty usually good about it, especially since that seems like blatant employee BS.

That is definitely employee BS. They're just making up crap to seem important.

When Cartwheel first started, the scan wouldn't work for me. A middle manager told me that Cartwheel isn't Target. When I corrected her, suddenly she "knew" all about Cartwheel and was claiming I had the wrong bar code.

When Cartwheel first started, the scan wouldn't work for me. A middle manager told me that Cartwheel isn't Target. When I corrected her, suddenly she "knew" all about Cartwheel and was claiming I had the wrong bar code.
Lol

It is kind of amazing what employees make up some times. Its often tempting to posit that the average CAG knows more about how the store operates than the average employee of said store.

They once told me I couldn't price match target.com at guest services because it was considered as a "third party" online which they could not honor.

I told them what difference would it make if i made my order online in the parking lot and walk back in for pick up, they still wouldn't admit their ignorance. 

Worst day of my life at target! I found game of thrones books leather clothed edition. The lady at the register took off online item sticker and scan the original barcode. She said I can’t give you the price for that sticker. She mentioned online item sticker is different from original barcode. What!? They called the manager and said the same thing. They offered 10% off of original. They said I need to make sure that the guy at electronics section said it’s the right price. What?! That’s not my job. This is why I don’t go to target at worst part the city. Always some BS, never happened to me at location I usually go.
No self checkout?

They once told me I couldn't price match target.com at guest services because it was considered as a "third party" online which they could not honor.

I told them what difference would it make if i made my order online in the parking lot and walk back in for pick up, they still wouldn't admit their ignorance.
I've done that for a couple different places in the past. Usually with a smirk on my face as I paid. Once was with Kmart for a PS3 bundle and other times for games at places.

A lady at Best Buy once told me I can’t price match Walmart because Walmart price different based on zip codes. I told her I input several different zip codes, Still the same. At the moment I just want to see her supervisor. He came over and look at it for 2 seconds and changed right there. Unbelievable lol.

Just got back from my usual location. Nothing so far except lots of books on clearance. Ymmv for those looking for particular books.

One day a clearance endcap at my nearest Target suddenly was overflowing with books everywhere. A few days later most of them were gone and I'm sure they weren't all sold. Didn't seem like it was out there long enough to get sent back. I wonder what happened.

Lmfao. I feel like Target staff is worse about this kind of thing than even Walmart tbh.

Just got back from target. Below is the picture from clearance.

[attachment=32263:A834ABBE-0171-4CD0-B84C-5D3F1B9D4A8E.jpeg][attachment=32264:F775AD8F-B0F0-47A4-A524-0F2E98BC7FE5.jpeg]

chloe.gif

I worked retail years ago. There were times were I was taken away from my normal job in the store and put in a different department I was not trained for or didn't like because that section was busy or understaffed. I moved super slow or made up excuses until I was relieved with someone from that department. Maybe the same thing is going on or maybe they are just trained poorly. They also just might not care.

Are most of y'alls Target going through refreshes? Out of the 3 in my immediate area, 1 just completed and another is just starting. Total clusterfucks.

Just got back from target. Below is the picture from clearance.

A834ABBE-0171-4CD0-B84C-5D3F1B9D4A8E.jpeg F775AD8F-B0F0-47A4-A524-0F2E98BC7FE5.jpeg
When a Target has all those books in clearance it just means the person in the back isn’t doing their job. They get a list of books they have to send back. If they don’t find them, or don’t even bother looking for them, it closes and deletes the Books of the system. Then those damn books end up in the clearance racks as “as is” or “online only” .

When a Target has all those books in clearance it just means the person in the back isn’t doing their job. They get a list of books they have to send back. If they don’t find them, or don’t even bother looking for them, it closes and deletes the Books of the system. Then those damn books end up in the clearance racks as “as is” or “online only” .
It’s true, I found majority of the books either in as is or online item.

same with the one previous to that.  not helpful

It's a regular Sony 3D blu-ray player that is on sale for $99.99.  Someone just had the price tag on the wrong spot at dude's store so don't waste your time checking.  (that's the X700 on the left)

sony-3d-player.jpg

Starlink hit a decent price anybody's Target?  Only thing I care about now, waiting to see if/when these drop further.  Ideally want the Starfox edition but I'd settle for XB1... They're holding pretty steady on clearance at my store.  Odd thing too, for the first time ever when I scanned the Switch version on the app, it actually came up for MORE money than the stickered price.

bread's done
Back