Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Realized yesterday I already owned Super Bombman (apparently it was a GWG before?) and all but two of the DLC packs that came with Battlefield Revolution so wound up returning them.  I definitely own too much shit. lol

Realized yesterday I already owned Super Bombman (apparently it was a GWG before?) and all but two of the DLC packs that came with Battlefield Revolution so wound up returning them. I definitely own too much shit. lol
what about those people owned multiple copies of resident evil 4 across various platforms?

Was in a different Target last weekend that I hadn't been to before, it was like stepping in a time machine. They haven't remodeled in years, they still had the old camera cases at the electronics counter and the old style cafe and sitting area, no Starbucks. I used to work for Target 10ish years ago, so seeing it like that really took me back.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
There's a Target west of where I live that is stuck in the 90's - since it's in a bustling town that's out in the middle of nowhere. Neon adorning the walls, huge aisles, old placement of the electronics section, food court, etc. Even the signage is the same from the 90's, truly a bizarre place.

There's a Target west of where I live that is stuck in the 90's - since it's in a bustling town that's out in the middle of nowhere. Neon adorning the walls, huge aisles, old placement of the electronics section, food court, etc. Even the signage is the same from the 90's, truly a bizarre place.
sounds like kmart.

I can't get the app to show in store prices when I scan items. Never had this issue before, the only difference I know of is I have a new phone. I've tried hooking to their wifi and using data with no change. 

Anyone know if there is something I can change in settings?  

I can't get the app to show in store prices when I scan items. Never had this issue before, the only difference I know of is I have a new phone. I've tried hooking to their wifi and using data with no change.

Had the same thing happen, hoping someone has an answer.

Had the same thing happen, hoping someone has an answer.
This was reported a little earlier in the thread, as well: it seems as if Target's mobile app is only displaying the online price of items that it scans, whether you are using their store Wi-Fi or your own cell phone data. I think some mentioned a possible fix as well, but I remember trying everything that was suggested and I still couldn't get it to work. As far as I know, the only way to see in-store clearance prices now is to use an in-store scanner, which seem to be fewer and farther between, at least at the Targets I normally visit...that and almost all of them have been remodeled to the "new" open store format, without a Target cafe and a Starbucks or Freshii in its place. I want my popcorn, pretzel and Icee, damn it! :)

DS4 Crystal down to $29.98 207-00-0745
I was sad to see that some fool bought the two at my local store yesterday. They were still $41.98. That is an OK price but $29.98 would have been killer for a new DS4. Always surprised when people don't just wait a little for the good price.

Thanks. The Data East Mini Arcade also went to 50% off near me along with this $30 controller. Going tomorrow to get these.
Have the DCPI for the Data East Mini Arcade?

I was sad to see that some fool bought the two at my local store yesterday. They were still $41.98. That is an OK price but $29.98 would have been killer for a new DS4. Always surprised when people don't just wait a little for the good price.
Same here. Bunch of them for $41.98.

A few more that I havent seen listed for PS4:

Lego DC Villains Deluxe - 207-34-1987 - $19.48

WWE19 Deluxe - 207-34-1928 - $11.98

Madden 19 HOF Edition - 207-34-1885 - $8.98

Just don't go around bragging about how many you got and then talk the profit you made from flipping
Lol none of these would be worth flipping. I just want to see clearance games again and then wonder why I'm even debating getting any since I don't need them and it would be purely for the score.

Lol none of these would be worth flipping. I just want to see clearance games again and then wonder why I'm even debating getting any since I don't need them and it would be purely for the score.
same as my store, its not the same as before. i guess right after those $5.98 games, nothing but junk after that.

Just picked up the following.

MLB 18 The Show $5.98
Sonic Mania Plus with book $7.98
Assassins Creed Odyssey Gold Steelbook $32.98

Also saw Detroit Become Human for $5.98

I'm sure this is extremely YMMV, but Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Collection for Xbox One is $6.26.

dXDGXhl.png

Found the following on Sunday:

Untitled-1-1.gif
 Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Edition - $6.26
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-32-1624

Untitled-1-1.gif
 Deadpool$9.98
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-32-0080

Untitled-1-1.gif
 Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite$9.98
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-32-1646

Darn none of the controllers in my area were below 41.98.  Oh well I got almost everything I wanted so I am a happy camper.  For those that live in north east ohio bainbridges target had everything but the dq heroes 2 in stock.  They had piles of Yakuza.  Only 1  or 2 copies of ni no kuni 2 left there though as I snagged a copy.

Picked up Super Bomberman R and Ni No Kuni 2. 

Also had a surprise pick up.  Saw Stranger Things 2 Bluray +DVD Target exclusive on a rack with a sale tag of $15.  I had just picked up Season 1 so I decided to grab the last one.  It rang up at the register as $5.  It was not on sale, it was on 80% clearance.  

Stranger Things 2 Bluray +DVD $5 058-55-0009

Data East made some really great games. I'm not sure how good the mini arcade system is, but I would definitely buy it, if it hit $25 or less.

I
Data East made some really great games. I'm not sure how good the mini arcade system is, but I would definitely buy it, if it hit $25 or less.
If you like mini consoles, this is worth it at $40 , mostly for those of us that are bad enough dudes to rescue the president. The joystick isn't that great but unlimited credits makes it fun

Last edited by a moderator:
Was able to find Shadow of the Colossus for $5.98; thanks to all who mentioned it.

First time in awhile I saw a store with some games on actual clearance instead of barely marked down "Online Item" pricing

It's not fanboy rage. Its corporate greed. That game is a cash grab on the back of someone else's work. So many other games, why bother?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Because other people actually worked on it.

Speaking of building, there's a decent base builder for it too that allows last-stand defenses not just in-game but for single-player challenges.

Was it genius? God no. Was it playable, and fun? Hell yes.

I love Kojima truly, but honestly, the guy is a diva, a procrastinator and just plain odd. MGS5 was a letdown in terms of story (missing chapter, anyone? Drawn-out jeep ride across the entire map for a final battle?) and this coming from someone who played the Konami/Ultra-adapted MG on NES from day one.

I love the series--it's my favorite of all time. But given that this still ran on the Fox Engine and controlled and played great (FPV option, anyone?) I'm not going to sit and say no one should play it.

MG Rising, now that was crap. I haven't even finished it.

Just FYI buddy, it wasn't a Kojima game either. And people played the hell out of that too.

MG Survive didn't get a big hoopla, Konami released it fairly quietly. I wouldn't exactly say it was a "cash grab" when it retailed for $40 to begin with. This wasn't an AAA title, it was meant to tell an alternate reality story, just like other MGS games like Ac!d, Ac!d 2, Ghost Babel and Social Ops. Only it was fully functional, added hunting elements and base build, not to mention used the MGS5 universe well.

For $5-8, it's utterly worth it.

The DIvision 2's monotony? I barely tolerated it at $20. I can't imagine paying for that pellet bar treasure hunt at $50.

Like I said, MG Survive isn't gaming brilliance. But it's a Solid game that made me want to finish it.

You may not have liked the game, but other people did.

Target removed all of the Uncharted Collections near me. :(

Picked up Ni no Kuni II and Dishonored  Death of the Outsider for 5.98 each though.

I'm not sure I've seen it mentioned but also saw Ugly Dolls for switch last night. No interest in the game but was mildly tempted just cause it was a switch clearance game that wasn't just dance 2017. 

Also found a copy of Lego Marvel 2 for $5.98 (I had paid $9.98) so snagged that to return the more expensive one.  Found Deadpool for X1 not labeled as clearance but priced at $5.98 thanks to someone else calling that out in the thread. Snagged a copy just cause that's out of print again. Makes me wonder if any of those other "value" games are secretly marked down. 

Also found the Outlast trilogy marked at $8 but that was an "as is" item so probably won't find that elsewhere.  What's funny is that a lot of games that were clearanced the last time they did a big batch were still in this particular store, all marked "as is" and all for like twice what they were clearanced at for other stores. 

I
If you like mini consoles, this is worth it at $40 , mostly for those of us that are bad enough dudes to rescue the president. The joystick isn't that great but unlimited credits makes it fun
Aside from the joystick being lackluster how do these games play on the mini arcade?

What does it mean when BS marks item price NA?
RareReplay now NA in all locations near me
Their data source stopped tracking it, or it's completely delisted, in store you're probably gonna get last known price, if it was deep discounted then stopped ringing up price could be worse

[attachment=32848:IMG_1572.jpg]

Looks like I found where all the crystal ds controllers are hiding at.  I think I counted about 20 or more, as there were several more locked in a glass cabinet below.  They were priced at 29.98.  I think I'll chance it and wait for the next price drop for one seeing how there was still so many at the 29.98 price.

Not sure how good is the Zelda metal case but I was planning to get it once it gets another price drop.

I just tried out the Hori D-PAD Joy-Con (Lf). It feels light on your hand but it's hardly noticeable once you install it to the system. Another thing is it fits pretty good with my clam shell case. No blocking on the shoulder button at all. But yeah so far I like it for the $15 I paid for it. I only got it mainly for Mega Man 11 and Tetris 99. It made my gaming more enjoyable and easy to play now because of the D-PAD.
Have you noticed any drift with the analog stick?

Hit a goldmine of organized clearance games at this one target by my workplace after work. Took my time browsing and picking the games I don't have in my collection / digital backlog. All for $5.98 each (except for Kingdom Come: Deliverance $2.98 / No Man's Sky $7.48).

IMG-6468.jpg
IMG-6475.jpg

Hit a goldmine of organized clearance games at this one target by my workplace after work. Took my time browsing and picking the games I don't have in my collection / digital backlog. All for $5.98 each (except for Kingdom Come: Deliverance $2.98 / No Man's Sky $7.48).

IMG-6468.jpg
IMG-6475.jpg
Good haul.

IMG-6468.jpg
IMG-6475.jpg
Location?

Jfc you guys are getting insane hauls of games here... I checked yesterday and the only clearance game they had was one lone copy of CoD Ghosts for $9.98...not great lol

Jfc you guys are getting insane hauls of games here... I checked yesterday and the only clearance game they had was one lone copy of CoD Ghosts for $9.98...not great lol
Well, I guess I’m not the only one. Clearance section is a dumpster fire filled with junks. Good price on cod ghost. My store still at $19.99.

Mine was even in alphabetical order so they have quite the good employee there.  Assuming it wasn't a customer as I sometimes do things like that when sorting through clearance myself.

bread's done
Back