Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Found a lone copy of Onrush and Attack on Titan 2 (both PS4) and they wouldn't come up in the system at all and a manager had to manually price them himself. He knew right away AOT was $9 (close enough) and Onrush was $8.48.

Also found and picked up a PlayStation Move Motion Controller 2 Pack for $29.98. Shocked to find it sitting there out in the open at that price

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno if they changed the procedures, but when I tried applying for a red card it said I needed to give them my bank account's login and password so they could see how much I was making and decide whether to give it to me or not that way. I noped the fuck out of that real quick.
What did you do? Call 1-800-ScamALot? That’s not the red card process.

attachicon.gif
IMG_20191029_170212_8.jpg
Nice...looks like it's only the Xbox version that hit that price: the PS4 version is still $59.99 at all stores around me. BS links in case you're interested:

:xb1: - https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-1702

:ps4: - https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-34-1702

I am Looking for shadow of the colossus shipped for $10 pm me as all my targets are oos.
Sent you a PM.

That really killed Halloween for me. My fiance and I were walking around the neighborhood on Halloween, and this guy was driving his kids from door to door while he watches a hockey game on his phone. Kids hardly ever come around anymore.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
That's one thing I'm kinda bummed about: my wife and I wanted to take my daughter trick or treating this year (she just turned 16 months in October), but I've heard a lot of neighborhoods are either not giving candy away or being super strict about noise or silly stuff like that. Am I that old that I can remember Halloween night being super fun, even when it fell on a weeknight?

November 3rd the Buy Two Video Games, Get One Free sale will be in Target stores, and not just online. I'm hoping that it works with clearance games.

Was able to get a copy of :xb1: Red Dead Redemption 2 Special Edition that was tagged as an Online Item for $27.96...only a few dollars more than the 70% off clearance price of $23.98. Any chance someone has the PS4 version near them and is willing to swap?

What did you do? Call 1-800-ScamALot? That’s not the red card process.
I dunno. When I stopped trying to apply. I got a letter from Target saying that I had already tried applying and that I couldn't apply a second time because I hadn't finished the first one. It was the same process of asking for sensitive banking details for both.

Was able to get a copy of :xb1: Red Dead Redemption 2 Special Edition that was tagged as an Online Item for $27.96...only a few dollars more than the 70% off clearance price of $23.98. Any chance someone has the PS4 version near them and is willing to swap?
Did they merge SKUs with the vanilla version?

Got an inflatable Jack Skellington for $30 today (normally $60), from my store's Halloween Clearance. I expect it to be cheaper tomorrow, but it was the last one left, and I didn't want to risk somebody else buying it.

Got an inflatable Jack Skellington for $30 today (normally $60), from my store's Halloween Clearance. I expect it to be cheaper tomorrow, but it was the last one left, and I didn't want to risk somebody else buying it.
Seems like Target won that one.

I dunno. When I stopped trying to apply. I got a letter from Target saying that I had already tried applying and that I couldn't apply a second time because I hadn't finished the first one. It was the same process of asking for sensitive banking details for both.
were they based out of nigeria? LOL, no legitimate company will ask you for that information when applying for a card.

Some years ago when I tried applying for the Red Card I had something similar happen. They didn't ask for my bank log in info, but they didn't approve my application right away, and a few days later I got a letter asking for additional details... stuff like paystub verification and proof of residence. This was just after I had moved for the 2nd time in less than a year, and my job was changing... so I imagine my credit score was all over the place at the time.

I worked in BB stores for a while years ago, and saw the same thing: some customers would get approved or rejected for their card right away, and for some the application spit out a notice saying "the bank needs to verify additional information. You will be contacted separately." It was a middle ground between approval and rejection.

In the end, I just got target's debit card. Same discount as the credit card, but instead of a line of credit it just pulls straight from the bank you link.

This is why I like to hunt.  Finally found one at an out-of-the-way Target and it actually rang up at $8.98 which was even better. 

Sehnmue-1.jpg

Sony Headphones https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=008-07-0336

I've been watching these for two months now and the price stayed firmly at 70% off at $53.98. Now they're just removing them from the systems. They haven't gone lower as far as I know. Usually with electronics it's 30%,50%,70%, then either 85% or 90% off but these have stayed at 70% for almost a month now. I bought a pair this morning. They're the 2017 model in case anybody cares. MSRP: $179.99 They fit very snug and the bass is really good. Here's a video showcasing them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeHm2OKwBdg

I’m not sure why some folks are having such an issue with the target red card ? It doesnt track what you’re making it just attaches your debit card to the red card so you can get 5% off if anything in the store- even clearance.  Merely tracking what you’re buying that’s for sure,  plus it’s 5% off everything in the store even BEER, I don’t know of any other place that will give you a discount on beer ?- depending on your state. I use the discount all the time...

as far are games where I’m at they mostly have poop...

but, BEER AND VIDEO GAMES ARE A GREAT COMBO!

All the clearance games were gone at my local store this morning, but the clearance section still looked a hot mess.  It was mostly phone accessories, and there were so many that they had spilled onto the floor.  I can't understand why Target orders all those damn phone cases and chargers, but they've shrunk their video game sections down to two aisles with a whole separate aisle for Raspberry Pis and collectibles.

I saw the ATGames plug-and-play systems that were shaped like Sega Genesis controllers for $5.98 each.  Since I already have several ways to play Burgertime and Pac-Man (some of them both morally and legally questionable), I left them there.

I bought two of the Fallout Series 2 Mega Merge action figures (#05 and #06, both with the power armor) for $2.98 each and two bags of the pumpkin-colored Kit-Kats left over from Halloween for $1.79 each.  The Halloween crap was only 50% off still, so I'll wait for 70% before I go back to buy more candy.

This is why I like to hunt. Finally found one at an out-of-the-way Target and it actually rang up at $8.98 which was even better.

Sehnmue-1.jpg
Not a single copy of shenmue at my store. Oh well, I’m already backlogged from previous clearance. Congrats.

Walmarts off the beaten path have RDR2 Special Edition for $30. Will there be a complete edition released soon perhaps?

Yeah, personally I don't see the demand for these emulation systems. As long as I have my PC and my hacked Vita I'm good.
As a fan of the retro remakes, I think there are two audiences for them. The first is people who don't want to invest $200 in a game system just so they can play a quick game of Burgertime, Mario, Pac-Man, or Sonic. The AtGames products in particular are huge in countries such as Brazil where a modern system probably costs the equivalent of several months of a worker's salary, The second is people like me who are hardcore gamers who enjoy the nostalgia that comes with playing them. This year, I played my PlayStation Classic and my Sega Genesis Mini as much if not more than my PS4 and my Xbox One. That said, any of these dedicated retro systems that don't have expandable memory as an option are a hard pass for me. When I saw that the Atari Flashback systems lacked SD card slots this morning, I put them right back on the shelf. I own a Chinese bootleg Vita clone called the Powkiddy X12 that effortlessly plays PlayStation games. Too bad they don't sell those at Target.

Yeah, personally I don't see the demand for these emulation systems. As long as I have my PC and my hacked Vita I'm good.
Picked up a sega Genesis 2018 flashback hd.
Also got a vita v2 for $50 long ago. Not knowledge about hack on both.

Isnt there people here that own one game accross multiple consoles? Pc, ps2, ps3, xbox 360, xbox one, switch?
Always wonder if emulators are 100% accurate to the og or slightly improved via pc

As a fan of the retro remakes, I think there are two audiences for them. The first is people who don't want to invest $200 in a game system just so they can play a quick game of Burgertime, Mario, Pac-Man, or Sonic. The AtGames products in particular are huge in countries such as Brazil where a modern system probably costs the equivalent of several months of a worker's salary, The second is people like me who are hardcore gamers who enjoy the nostalgia that comes with playing them. This year, I played my PlayStation Classic and my Sega Genesis Mini as much if not more than my PS4 and my Xbox One. That said, any of these dedicated retro systems that don't have expandable memory as an option are a hard pass for me. When I saw that the Atari Flashback systems lacked SD card slots this morning, I put them right back on the shelf. I own a Chinese bootleg Vita clone called the Powkiddy X12 that effortlessly plays PlayStation games. Too bad they don't sell those at Target.
The Flashback 9s have a SD slot. It may not say it on the front but if you look at the side of the box that shows the outline of the system, you should see it on the right hand side. Pretty sure the Portables also have a SD slot.

I was able to find the Hisense 50" clearance Tv for $175 plus tax. I matched what brickseek target stores showed "limited stock" and what target website showed limit stock. Brickseek showed almost every store around me with limited stock and target site only showed 3.

Via slickdeals.

Dpci: 008-09-0144

The Flashback 9s have a SD slot. It may not say it on the front but if you look at the side of the box that shows the outline of the system, you should see it on the right hand side. Pretty sure the Portables also have a SD slot.
Thanks for the info. Since I missed the Flashbacks being clearanced at Walmart and the Genesis Flashback HD no longer being sold in stores since Sega terminated its licensing agreement with AtGames, I'm hoping to find one of them on sale around Black Friday time.

My (more-or-less) final haul for this recent clearance round:
c3202a087b6d8a1e762646b2abee0594.jpg

Everything was bought at the 70% off clearance price except for the Xbox hard drive and RDR2 SE...I was denying it before, but I’m pretty sure I have a problem. [emoji28][emoji23][emoji1787]
BTW, I only acquire multiples of item for the purposes of trading with/selling to other CAGs: a couple of games are already spoken for, but if you see something you’d like, please feel free to PM me and we’ll see if we can work something out. Happy hunting, everyone!
Finally, it looks like Target is starting to clear out some of these games from their database, as BrickSeek is showing no results for quite a few of these recent finds (Persona 5, SF 30th Anny and Zone of the Enders, to name a few). I’d get to looking quickly if there’s something you’d like and haven’t picked up yet.

Everything was bought at the 70% off clearance price except for the Xbox hard drive and RDR2 SE...I was denying it before, but I’m pretty sure I have a problem. [emoji28][emoji23][emoji1787]
BTW, I only acquire multiples of item for the purposes of trading with/selling to other CAGs: a couple of games are already spoken for, but if you see something you’d like, please feel free to PM me and we’ll see if we can work something out. Happy hunting, everyone!
By the way, it looks like Target is starting to clear out some of these games from their database, as BrickSeek is showing no results for quite a few of these recent finds (Persona 5, SF 30th Anny and Zone of the Enders, to name a few). I’d get to looking quickly if there’s something you’d like and haven’t picked up yet.
Nice! I feel like it'd be more of a problem if you spent full retail on most of those games. Instead you got a number of games for the cost of one new one. If anything, I'm jealous you found some of those st your stores

Finally, it looks like Target is starting to clear out some of these games from their database, as BrickSeek is showing no results for quite a few of these recent finds (Persona 5, SF 30th Anny and Zone of the Enders, to name a few). I’d get to looking quickly if there’s something you’d like and haven’t picked up yet.
Interested in Devil May Cry.

I'm still waiting for the last two targets close to me to lower the price of the xbox hard drive. It's still $43.98 in the last two stores around me that have it.

Nice! I feel like it'd be more of a problem if you spent full retail on most of those games. Instead you got a number of games for the cost of one new one. If anything, I'm jealous you found some of those st your stores
Yeah, that’s more or less my philosophy: if I’m picking up five or six games for the cost of one new game, I’m not too concerned. I wonder if I have the Guinness world record for largest backlog now! [emoji848]
Interested in Devil May Cry.
I’ll send you a PM.

Some of the people on this site have backlogs in the thousands which makes me feel better about my modest backlog of a little over 100.  The majority of it is rpgs which is why I haven't cleared many of them.  Other genres go much faster.

FYI: There was an error with the Don't Starve Mega Pack on PS4 that resulted with the disc only having Don't Starve Together on it & not all the DLC on the disc. There's a post on Klei Entertainment's Support Page here. The incorrect version will have the number 2102748 on the spine; the correct version has 2103418 on the spine. They're no longer sending out new replacements of the disc and game but are still sending codes out as long as you send them a picture of your receipt. Hope this helps if you were planning on playing Don't Starve eventually...

Some of the people on this site have backlogs in the thousands which makes me feel better about my modest backlog of a little over 100. The majority of it is rpgs which is why I haven't cleared many of them. Other genres go much faster.
I have the same issue, as a kid I could destroy RPG after RPG like nothing. Now with a job and adult responsibilities, if an RPG doesn't grab me in the first five hours, I usually put it down and never finish it.

FYI: There was an error with the Don't Starve Mega Pack on PS4 that resulted with the disc only having Don't Starve Together on it & not all the DLC on the disc. There's a post on Klei Entertainment's Support Page here. The incorrect version will have the number 2102748 on the spine; the correct version has 2103418 on the spine. They're no longer sending out new replacements of the disc and game but are still sending codes out as long as you send them a picture of your receipt. Hope this helps if you were planning on playing Don't Starve eventually...
Good looking out, Joe! Thanks for the info: I’ll definitely look into that and do what needs to be done. Appreciate it!

some stuff I've seen recently:

Hori D-Pad Joycon - Mario/Red -  207-00-0160 - $5.98

Hori D-Pad Joycon - Pikachu/Yellow - 207-00-0186 - $5.98

Hori D-Pad Joycon - Zelda/Black & Gold - 207-00-0194 - $5.98

Astro A10 Headset with Zelda BotW branding - 207-00-0297 - $34.98

Fallout Boardgame - 207-04-0516 - $17.98

Game of Thrones Boardgame - 207-04-0517 - $17.98

Forbidden Sky Boardgame - 087-10-4901 - $11.98

Anyone know about the quality of the hori joycons? I know it doesn't work as a wireless control but I was thinking about grabbing one as a back up for handheld mode.

bread's done
Back