Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Anyone know about the quality of the hori joycons? I know it doesn't work as a wireless control but I was thinking about grabbing one as a back up for handheld mode.
I used one for all of Link's Awakening and most of DQ XI S while I sent my original joycon to Nintendo to fix the drift. I had no problems with it and for $6 it's a steal. It doesn't function any differently that the official joycon. The minus button does feel like mush but you bearly ever use it, so it's moot.

So was able to pick up some really good stuff over the last week or so.[attachment=33091:20191103_132228.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, you scored on Odyssey Gold.  Great job.  Been hunting that one for awhile and never seen one cheaper than $74.xx

Wow, you scored on Odyssey Gold. Great job. Been hunting that one for awhile and never seen one cheaper than $74.xx
Wait till Black Friday Ubisoft themself will be selling it for around $50 $55 that is how much I got it for last Black Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got FFXV Royal Edition for $13 and X-Com 2 Collection for $10.

One of my stores had a massive wall of clearance games with stuff like Ace Combat and Skyrim VR on it. But most of them were still close to MSRP, hoping they last till closer to Black Friday

I have the same issue, as a kid I could destroy RPG after RPG like nothing. Now with a job and adult responsibilities, if an RPG doesn't grab me in the first five hours, I usually put it down and never finish it.
I'm a bit of an completionist at heart but I have been trying to put down games I am not enjoying. With you on there not being enough hours in the day as an adult.

I forgot to mention that a lot of people in the Amazon reviews complained that the Sony headphones I talked about earlier break easily so if you do buy them be VERY gentle with them.

Picked up a sega Genesis 2018 flashback hd.
Also got a vita v2 for $50 long ago. Not knowledge about hack on both.

Isnt there people here that own one game accross multiple consoles? Pc, ps2, ps3, xbox 360, xbox one, switch?
Always wonder if emulators are 100% accurate to the og or slightly improved via pc
I mean, I have a ton of games that I've owned across multiple console gens. I don't think I've ever played one that was 100% accurate to the original - some better, some worse. As far as the AtGames ones, worse.

I have the same issue, as a kid I could destroy RPG after RPG like nothing. Now with a job and adult responsibilities, if an RPG doesn't grab me in the first five hours, I usually put it down and never finish it.
I feel this. Almost my entire backlog right now is RPGs that I just don't have the time to devote to like I used to. I'm only now getting around to Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and I grabbed that special edition at launch.

We won't talk about the stacks of PS1, Sega CD, and Sega Saturn games that I haven't touched yet.

Remaining Halloween clearance at stores should be up to 70% today for Candy, and 90% for everything else, if your store still has stuff available.

I went to my nearest store to get a box of Count Chocula. I saw the brickseek page said "no results" but yesterday they still had plenty of stock so I didn't want to believe it. The only thing they had left were a half dozen boxes of some weird KitKat cereal or something. disappointed!

Remaining Halloween clearance at stores should be up to 70% today for Candy, and 90% for everything else, if your store still has stuff available.
It's still 70% off everything (merchandise and candy) where I live. I wasn't able to get there until 2 PM so I couldn't get everything I wanted. Also it feels like people are buying more this year or Target just had less stuff for sale because I can't imagine there being anything left for 90% off this time.

It's still 70% off everything (merchandise and candy) where I live. I wasn't able to get there until 2 PM so I couldn't get everything I wanted. Also it feels like people are buying more this year or Target just had less stuff for sale because I can't imagine there being anything left for 90% off this time.
Just came back from Target and it had 70% off also all the halloween stuff. The big box of cheddar fish halloween is for $2 and 10ish cents. Not bad for a big box of cholesterol! They also had two more boxes next to the regular kind of cheddar fish so you could check there too.

Just found one of those Data East ones on clearance finally, but it was ringing up at $55.98, so I didn't get it.

So everybody's assuming $15 will be the lowest they go on black friday, but I'd like to believe their older titles like Monster Hunter World will go even lower because last BF it WAS $15. Wouldn't bat an eye if it went to as low as $10 this BF or lower.

My out-of-the-way Target had some Cute But Deadly S4 figures for $3 yesterday. 207 04 0736 if you wanna check. Funny, they only had 3 and I got the Anduin chase worth 8x what I paid heh. Was hoping for a Sylvanas given the new trailer, but no dice. :(

So everybody's assuming $15 will be the lowest they go on black friday, but I'd like to believe their older titles like Monster Hunter World will go even lower because last BF it WAS $15. Wouldn't bat an eye if it went to as low as $10 this BF or lower.
Pretty sure it was $20

My out-of-the-way Target had some Cute But Deadly S4 figures for $3 yesterday. 207 04 0736 if you wanna check. Funny, they only had 3 and I got the Anduin chase worth 8x what I paid heh. Was hoping for a Sylvanas given the new trailer, but no dice. :(
Is that the all blue Anduin?

That was the first S4 I got, and I was torn between annoyed and happy. Annoyed because Horde For Life, but happy because... I mean, come on, it's the "mystery"!

Is that the all blue Anduin?

That was the first S4 I got, and I was torn between annoyed and happy. Annoyed because Horde For Life, but happy because... I mean, come on, it's the "mystery"!
Yep, that's the one ha. I'm ally on retail but I'd rather have had Slyv any day.

I was finally at a target with a lot of games in their messy clearance section, unfortunately I was still uninterested in their stock. oh well. lol

Question about the target BOGO get one free

so if i price match one of the games will the deal still apply?
I PM'd Control and Borderlands 3 (PS4/Xbox) with Amazon ($44.99) and the cashier checked with like 3 people before he gave it to me. With red card, I walked out paying $28.49 for each one. Seems like it totally comes down to the manager on-shift at the moment. I'll probably return Control as it will be cheaper on BF, keep 1 BL3 and gift 1 BL3 as they were only $0.50 more than Best Buy's BF price.

Off topic, but is anyone's store basically...lost in a time warp? The Union NJ store's layout and decor is not only basically unchanged since the early 00's, but the gaming endcap turned up "why is this still here?" finds like Men in Black: Alien Crisis PS3, Lego Pirates of the Caribbean DS, and Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising. The winner:

aoeiitarget20192agkdg.jpg

Age of Empires II Gold, still trapped in a plastic prison since 2002.

How can u tell from the package which one it is?
From another post in that thread: Look for one with Lock N Chase on the bottom right corner of the back of the box. Pretty sure the ones at Target aren't the droid you're looking for based on that thread.

From another post in that thread: Look for one with Lock N Chase on the bottom right corner of the back of the box. Pretty sure the ones at Target aren't the droid you're looking for based on that thread.
Lock N Chase is on the bottom right on the older one with Desert Assault instead of Street Hoops. I've seen about 50/50 at my targets.

Why would anybody buy MHW right now when they've released the Iceborn physical? Unless you were talking about Iceborn.

My local Target has the copies of Monster Hunter World and Monster Hunter World Iceborn right next to each other in the plastic prisons. I think that it's very likely that vanilla Monster Hunter might be $15 or even $10 this year. A few years back, some titles were randomly ringing up on Black Friday for $8. With Target, you never know.

In other news, I grabbed a 19" Element monitor this morning at my local store for $44.98 (DCPI #008090620). I didn't really need it, but it looked like it needed a home. I'm keep it as a backup in case my 40" TV goes dead. And it will be nice for my retro classic systems. Considering using it for some kind of mod, but I don't know yet. It only does 720 resolution, so don't go in expecting too much.

Lol WTF? I’m guessing this is extremely rare (so extremely ymmv I guess) but I just found a new copy of Jurassic World Evolution for PS4 for $8.76 plus tax.

I was digging in the cheaper endcap games (at this Target they have clearance stuff as well in there) and saw one copy of Jurassic World Evolution PS4 that had an “AS IS Barcode for $12.56”. I brought it up to the register to see if it was legit (never saw a sticker like that before) and it rang up for $8.76 plus tax.

Might be worth at least checking the end caps for it on the game section if you’re at a Target.

Off topic, but is anyone's store basically...lost in a time warp? The Union NJ store's layout and decor is not only basically unchanged since the early 00's, but the gaming endcap turned up "why is this still here?" finds like Men in Black: Alien Crisis PS3, Lego Pirates of the Caribbean DS, and Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising. The winner:

aoeiitarget20192agkdg.jpg

Age of Empires II Gold, still trapped in a plastic prison since 2002.
That store is so unorganized, used to be the store closest to me before I moved, did find some good stuff when the clearance deals were plentiful last year but you really had to pick through it all

My store still has a bunch of DS, and Wii games. Along with 360 and PS3 games. And, they still try to ask full price for them.

Lol WTF? I’m guessing this is extremely rare (so extremely ymmv I guess) but I just found a new copy of Jurassic World Evolution for PS4 for $8.76 plus tax.

I was digging in the cheaper endcap games (at this Target they have clearance stuff as well in there) and saw one copy of Jurassic World Evolution PS4 that had an “AS IS Barcode for $12.56”. I brought it up to the register to see if it was legit (never saw a sticker like that before) and it rang up for $8.76 plus tax.

Might be worth at least checking the end caps for it on the game section if you’re at a Target.
Lucky sob. Nice find.
I notice on bs if it now says N/A, all items are the last price. The problem is some items would ring up $0 and they have no way of knowing the last drop.

Lucky find. I believe that went on clearance at most Targets about 6 months ago or longer.

What location? Wonder if it was the one I was watching.

bread's done
Back