Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Can someone confirm that the cancel method to get new releases for $40 is still working? I just got a notification that the RE3 order I placed during the last B2G1 has shipped and they charged my card $53 rather than the $43 I was expecting.
Did u place an order for 3 copies then cancelled 2, within a minute of placing the order? Last time I did it with my hero academia 2, once I received the game the price updated to $50 but was supposed to be $40 or $44. I checked my target redcard statement and it showed $44 while it stayed $50 on target app. Check ur statement to see how much you’re actually charged

Did u place an order for 3 copies then cancelled 2, within a minute of placing the order? Last time I did it with my hero academia 2, once I received the game the price updated to $50 but was supposed to be $40 or $44. I checked my target redcard statement and it showed $44 while it stayed $50 on target app. Check ur statement to see how much you’re actually charged
Yeah I canceled the other two within a few minutes. Can't find anything on my RedCard statement yet, but I'll be sure to keep checking.

I think the difference in price is due to the fact that Target's current price for re3 is $10 less than what it was when the first b2g1 promo was active in Jan.

If you look at the discounts on your order page it likely doesn't add up correctly, even though it shows all the correct discounts (b2g1, red card 5% if you used one).

I just noticed I messed up with my persona 5 order. It’s showing regular version not steelbook but I’m sure it was steelbook I put in my car. Mine’s backordered what about I guys

I just noticed I messed up with my persona 5 order. It’s showing regular version not steelbook but I’m sure it was steelbook I put in my car. Mine’s backordered what about I guys

If I'm not mistaken, ALL copies are steelbooks. That's how the original release was handled.

If I'm not mistaken, ALL copies are steelbooks. That's how the original release was handled.
Pretty sure this is true for the initial print run just like the original Persona 5. I am tight on funds right now due to losing my job last week, but I am tempted to buy Persona 5 Royale anyway despite having just bought Doom Eternal and Animal Crossing.

Maybe if I find myself at Target for 'supplies' I will just have to pick it up.

Pretty sure this is true for the initial print run just like the original Persona 5. I am tight on funds right now due to losing my job last week, but I am tempted to buy Persona 5 Royale anyway despite having just bought Doom Eternal and Animal Crossing.

Maybe if I find myself at Target for 'supplies' I will just have to pick it up.
It is back in stock at amazon right now for $49.94

https://smile.amazon.com/Persona-Royal-Steelbook-Launch-PlayStation-4/dp/B081W5KQVR/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=persona+royal+5&qid=1585680008&s=videogames&sr=1-1

I walked instore and found a few steelbooks at one store and another store with no copies at all. I guess everything is steelbook for now. It’s just weird how mine got backordered and switched to regular version a few hours of placing the order as soon as the b2g1 promo started

Btw anyone know if the discount you get on one game after you cancel 2 with b2g1 depends on ur reason for cancellation? I’m guessing it’s the same regardless of what the cancellation reason is but it just makes me uncomfortable seeing a high price charge for a long time until the game finally ships or arrives

Btw anyone know if the discount you get on one game after you cancel 2 with b2g1 depends on ur reason for cancellation? I’m guessing it’s the same regardless of what the cancellation reason is but it just makes me uncomfortable seeing a high price charge for a long time until the game finally ships or arrives
Don't matter

I'm pretty sure that's due to the fact that the order is still calculating tax on if you were still buying two and not just the one.

In my experience this always corrects itself when the item ships.

My birthday is April 16th and my second daughter is due to be born five short days later (my wife has a C-section scheduled for April 21st), so I get the double whammy of not only being alone for my special day, but not getting to be there for my daughter during her birth! Oh, and I just lost my mom to leukemia back in January on my parents’ 38th wedding anniversary...2020 has definitely sucked the big one thus far.

My birthday is April 16th and my second daughter is due to be born five short days later (my wife has a C-section scheduled for April 21st), so I get the double whammy of not only being alone for my special day, but not getting to be there for my daughter during her birth! Oh, and I just lost my mom to leukemia back in January on my parents’ 38th wedding anniversary...2020 has definitely sucked the big one thus far.
Sorry to hear that my dude, hope things turn around for you

Sadly they cut a bunch of stuff and the game’s pretty short. And nemesis doesn’t show up whenever now and no mercenaries. I can’t wait for game reviews

Any idea how to use our monthly $5 pro certificate now with the stores being pickup only? April's shows in my account with the wording:"Monthly V2 Online Only" but the coupon code doesn't work online and still says "valid in-store only".

Any idea how to use our monthly $5 pro certificate now with the stores being pickup only? April's shows in my account with the wording:"Monthly V2 Online Only" but the coupon code doesn't work online and still says "valid in-store only".
I think you are confused. Wrong thread.

Hahaha... I thought I clicked on the gamestop thread haha! It's about 2mm tall on my phone :)
From what I saw the whole curbside pickup thing has been suspended. Let's face it, GameStop definitely does not fall under an essential business so authorities probably cracked down on it and forced them to shut it down.

Wish I would have waited on Doom Eternal so I could take advantage of the Target deal. Would like to get Persona 5 Royal and RE3 Remake. 

Wish I would have waited on Doom Eternal so I could take advantage of the Target deal. Would like to get Persona 5 Royal and RE3 Remake.
Buy Doom Eternal (again) today with B2G1 then run over to the store you bought Doom Eternal the first time from and return the second copy with the first receipt.

I looked at their website and it said select games but really didn't list them.  Is Animal Crossing part of that deal? 

Buy Doom Eternal (again) today with B2G1 then run over to the store you bought Doom Eternal the first time from and return the second copy with the first receipt.
No returns allowed for 2 more weeks.

I looked at their website and it said select games but really didn't list them. Is Animal Crossing part of that deal?
No. Animal Crossing and Zelda games are not part of the B2G1 promo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had i known I would've got DOOM, RE3 and P5R but oh well. Amazon is actually delivering my RE3 today for $50 so not that bad in the end

In people's experience, if a game is OOS in Brickseek but you see it in the store, is it usually $0.01 cent or does it sometime just not ring up? 

In people's experience, if a game is OOS in Brickseek but you see it in the store, is it usually $0.01 cent or does it sometime just not ring up?
By OOS do you mean out of system or out of stock? If it's out of system it usually rings up as that on the price checker. The price is usually whatever target.com is charging, the last in store price, or an arbitrary value set by the associate

By OOS do you mean out of system or out of stock? If it's out of system it usually rings up as that on the price checker. The price is usually whatever target.com is charging, the last in store price, or an arbitrary value set by the associate
Good question I just got the message that made me think it's no longer in their system...it's for Sonic Forces on the Switch. There was no "in stock" or "limited quantity" categories.

Good question I just got the message that made me think it's no longer in their system...it's for Sonic Forces on the Switch. There was no "in stock" or "limited quantity" categories.
If you want to buy the game, your best bet is to take it to Guest Services, ask for a manager (or someone that has the handheld inventory scanner) and ask them to scan the game to see what the last price was in their system that they were selling it for. You can chance it with a regular employee, but in my experience the standard redshirt either doesn’t know what/where the price scanner is or doesn’t have access to see in their system what the last salable price was.

If it shows as out of stock but they actually have it then it just means the inventory count on the item is off. The price should be whatever Brickseek displays. If it says NA then it's probably out of that store's system and the price could be anything. Someone who has access to the right tools will have to check it.

If you want to buy the game, your best bet is to take it to Guest Services, ask for a manager (or someone that has the handheld inventory scanner) and ask them to scan the game to see what the last price was in their system that they were selling it for. You can chance it with a regular employee, but in my experience the standard redshirt either doesn’t know what/where the price scanner is or doesn’t have access to see in their system what the last salable price was.
Yeah I didn't see your advice (until now) but it was in the back of my mind as I asked the cashier in electronics to scan the game and she said $29.99...I'm sure at some point it was cheaper than that though. Anyway I passed on it; I was hoping for $9.99 or less.

I don't know if this helps anyone, but I went to my local Target and bought Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for Switch.  It's $49.99 in the store, but the website says that it's $59.99.  Not sure if it's an unadvertised sale.  Hope this helps someone out.

Same with God of War, the associate told me in an online only sale. He wouldn't price match so i literally ordered it in front of him to pick up at that store. Like, bruh hahaha

Same with God of War, the associate told me in an online only sale. He wouldn't price match so i literally ordered it in front of him to pick up at that store. Like, bruh hahaha
One time, they told me i cant pricematch from newegg because the item is on sale already. i took it over to customer service, lady told me she never heard of it, but she did it anyway. bs excuses.

I went to two different Targets yesterday and saw something strange at the first near my friend’s house: all of the non-essential areas of the store were taped off so no customers could enter them. The only sections open were cleaning supplies, medicines, personal hygiene, groceries, baby goods and the seasonal Easter section: there was no way to buy anything from the clothing sections or electronics. The second Target I went to is my local store, but everything was open except for the in-store Starbucks and cafe. Anyone else run into this?

Always find it odd they don't deem clothing "essential"...  Tell that to an essential worker who needs new shoes.  Or kids in a family who lives paycheck to paycheck so the Mom buys new seasonal clothes as each new season starts.  Or having a jacket in winter.  Or new socks. Or a kid outgrowing their clothes/shoes/etc.   If we're doing "life sustaining" ok, but then a LOT shouldn't be open and even then you could argue clothing in some cases.

Always find it odd they don't deem clothing "essential"... Tell that to an essential worker who needs new shoes. Or kids in a family who lives paycheck to paycheck so the Mom buys new seasonal clothes as each new season starts. Or having a jacket in winter. Or new socks. Or a kid outgrowing their clothes/shoes/etc. If we're doing "life sustaining" ok, but then a LOT shouldn't be open and even then you could argue clothing in some cases.
I get what you're saying and I"m not trying to be a dick but I had to offer my opinion. Are there any kids still in school? school has been online only for over a month around here and it will most likely remain that way for the remainder of the school year. I dont think I want my kid going back to school until this gets better. kids could live in just their underwear or wear rags if they had to no need for a new wardrobe. kids shouldnt be interacting with anyone except immediate family living with them. anyone can live without socks. I'm old enough to remember when it was a trend to not wear socks. Other than homeless, who has immediate need for socks? usually people have multiple pairs and even if they suddenly lost all but one pair, that pair could be washed every day if necessary. sock holes? Most of my socks have holes and I do just fine. nobody needs underwear, its a luxury. Unless the whole family lost their winter coats, there should be a coat available if needed. maybe the coat is too big or a little small but it still does the job to keep people warm. shoes seems like a better choice but people can make do with what they have. Its amazing what many people think they need, when others are living and surviving with almost nothing on a daily basis.

bread's done
Back