Target Clearance Thread XXIV

I went to two different Targets yesterday and saw something strange at the first near my friend’s house: all of the non-essential areas of the store were taped off so no customers could enter them. The only sections open were cleaning supplies, medicines, personal hygiene, groceries, baby goods and the seasonal Easter section: there was no way to buy anything from the clothing sections or electronics. The second Target I went to is my local store, but everything was open except for the in-store Starbucks and cafe. Anyone else run into this?
It's Wednesday....aka the day for elderly to shop

Probably something stupid to do with that

Last edited by a moderator:
I get what you're saying and I"m not trying to be a dick but I had to offer my opinion. Are there any kids still in school? school has been online only for over a month around here and it will most likely remain that way for the remainder of the school year. I dont think I want my kid going back to school until this gets better. kids could live in just their underwear or wear rags if they had to no need for a new wardrobe. kids shouldnt be interacting with anyone except immediate family living with them. anyone can live without socks. I'm old enough to remember when it was a trend to not wear socks. Other than homeless, who has immediate need for socks? usually people have multiple pairs and even if they suddenly lost all but one pair, that pair could be washed every day if necessary. sock holes? Most of my socks have holes and I do just fine. nobody needs underwear, its a luxury. Unless the whole family lost their winter coats, there should be a coat available if needed. maybe the coat is too big or a little small but it still does the job to keep people warm. shoes seems like a better choice but people can make do with what they have. Its amazing what many people think they need, when others are living and surviving with almost nothing on a daily basis.
I get what you're saying too... But I'll be fine if my kids go back when they're "supposed" to in mid-May unless we see some kind of huge resurgence (right now they moved the peak day all the way to April 12th). Kids though, are by far, FAR the least susceptible to this. They have something like a 0.0002 chance of dying and even that % would be nearly fully composed of compromised kids. We're told not to compare it to the flu, but in kids and even for most healthy adults...it's definitely comparable to it.

And you're right too about truly NEEDING something, but that was part of my point. If we're gonna do "life sustaining" then let's do it, but we're not, we're doing "essential" so I'd consider most of what was discussed "essential" but not "life sustaining"...if that makes sense. I just find it odd too how we're supposed to home school now yet it's getting harder and harder to find supplies to actually do a decent job at it. There's a lot open we don't "need". From my understanding when "essential" first came out it was defined as "things needed to sustain well being (mental or physical)". Laundromats are still open, for instance, because having clean clothing is considered essential. So that's part of why I'd argue having intact clothing is also essential. And yes, I admit it may be a small amount of people who would be effected and NEED clothes, but that doesn't mean they don't exist either.

Kids are disgusting spreaders of viruses. That they don't show symptoms is exactly the problem.
Right, and on top of that the "experts" who told us not to wear masks a few weeks ago (yeah the same ones that are telling us to wear masks now) could easily reverse their "opinion" on kids any day now. Hopefully not, but you just don't know.

Anyway, Target hopefully stays open. They may end up keeping the customer count below a certain number though. I dread the idea of waiting in line to get into Target but it could come to that.

Right, and on top of that the "experts" who told us not to wear masks a few weeks ago (yeah the same ones that are telling us to wear masks now) could easily reverse their "opinion" on kids any day now. Hopefully not, but you just don't know.

Anyway, Target hopefully stays open. They may end up keeping the customer count below a certain number though. I dread the idea of waiting in line to get into Target but it could come to that.
They already announced they're limiting the number of guests in store, although if you're not in a very populated area probably won't have to worry about it. Mine had line markers outside on Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Always find it odd they don't deem clothing "essential"... Tell that to an essential worker who needs new shoes. Or kids in a family who lives paycheck to paycheck so the Mom buys new seasonal clothes as each new season starts. Or having a jacket in winter. Or new socks. Or a kid outgrowing their clothes/shoes/etc. If we're doing "life sustaining" ok, but then a LOT shouldn't be open and even then you could argue clothing in some cases.
I can see an argument to be made on both sides. Yeah it is kind of a basic need in some ways, but at the same time do you want potentially infected people (who may be asymptomatically shedding the virus) touching and trying on clothing? Which mind you may happen regardless of whether the fitting rooms are open or not. Clothing is a tough one.

The reason they said not to wear masks was because there was a shortage of masks for medical personnel. That shortage no longer exists so they've reversed their position.

The reason they said not to wear masks was because there was a shortage of masks for medical personnel. That shortage no longer exists so they've reversed their position.
The irony is that during that time that people weren't wearing mask, more people were getting infected. Now that they are wearing it more and avoiding contact with others, the numbers (in select areas) are dropping.

Good on the people who looked at other countries who advised wearing it if you are going out regardless of shortages.

The irony is that during that time that people weren't wearing mask, more people were getting infected. Now that they are wearing it more and avoiding contact with others, the numbers (in select areas) are dropping.

Good on the people who looked at other countries who advised wearing it if you are going out regardless of shortages.
I was always the N95 masks they didnt want people buying those are the specific ones they wanted specifically for medical use..... I still havent wore a mask period

I could touch on all of that and then some and spend a lot of time doing it (this is all extremely interesting to me and I've been doing countless hours of research) but it usually proves a waste of time haha...so I'll very briefly touch on them.

- Schools closed the way we did because of our instinct to protect kids at all costs.  Most local governments actually went against CDC guidelines when closing schools (just look them up).  If we did it because we were protected the (mostly the) elderly, why did we send college kids home to older parents/grandparents, and why did we send grade school kids home (and in may places close childcare) so many had to be watched by their grandparents?  Not even my opinion, CDC, former head of CDC, multiple professors/experts, noble laureates, director of CIDRAP, etc etc etc.

- The whole POINT is they lied about the masks.  If they were willing to lie about that...  Speaking about lying, think about this too (kind of a tin foil hat moment), what if China isn't lying about their numbers (or if so, not as much as we assume they are)?  Think about all the implications just from that alone.

- Yes you could potentially infect somebody and not know it if you go out for non essentials (again though, there needs to be a distinction between essentials and life sustaining), but how much longer will we take headshots in a crowded room with a bazooka instead of a sniper rile?  Another month?  Two? Five?  Go straight through next winter too?  Until we have a vaccine?  What about that person suffering from deep depression and the only thing that keeps them going is doing crafts?  Or the guy who stays off alcohol by building furniture?  

Consider this, we have vaccines and effective treatments for the flu and it STILL kills anywhere from 11k (low estimate on a very good year) to 95k (high estimate on a bad year) in the US alone and 300-650k+ a year worldwide.  Just in the US about 600 people a day (or 18k a month) die from some form of respiratory infection even without overloading the system.  So at what point do we say we "beat this"?  When numbers are down to flu-like levels?  When they're down to general respiratory infection levels?  Just something to think about...it's a harsh reality but more than likely we "beat" this when we find a way to target it better and decide we're no longer afraid of it.  Targeting better starts with targeting the people it effects the most.

I was always the E85 masks they didnt want people buying those are the specific ones they wanted specifically for medical use..... I still havent wore a mask period
I am under the impression that there is still a shortage of medical masks, and that the governing bodies are encouraging the public to wear non medical face guards like cloth masks, bandanas, and the such. These are to be used as an additional safeguard in conjunction with social distancing and NOT in place of it. The mouth covering helps protect other people from when you cough, sneeze and talk. Your covering helps protect them and their coverings help protect you.

If they aren't wearing face coverings but you are - well that's not really helping you.

I been watching News 24/7 (rotating all the feuding media outlets)...about 3-4 weeks ago they were ALL telling the public there was no need to wear masks, period. That includes all the "experts" saying we didn't need to and some even saying don't wear them period. There were not advising people to wear homemade masks. Even today LA's Mayor has now asked all restaurant workers to wear masks. This masks recommendation for the general population thing just started ramping up last Friday when the CDC made their "recommendation."

They could have told us 3-4 weeks ago to leave the professional masks for the hospital workers and in lieu use bandanas, homemade masks, etc. but they didn't.

I been watching News 24/7 (rotating all the feuding media outlets)...about 3-4 weeks ago they were ALL telling the public there was no need to wear masks, period. That includes all the "experts" saying we didn't need to and some even saying don't wear them period. There were not advising people to wear homemade masks. Even today LA's Mayor has now asked all restaurant workers to wear masks. This masks recommendation for the general population thing just started ramping up last Friday when the CDC made their "recommendation."

They could have told us 3-4 weeks ago to leave the professional masks for the hospital workers and in lieu use bandanas, homemade masks, etc. but they didn't.
I follow your logic. BUT if they had told us 3-4 weeks ago about masks, how many people would've been even MORE anxious and bought them all up? They didn't mention homemade because people would still go to stores or wherever they could to horde masks. It's pretty obvious a mask was going to make a difference. Look at China.

There isn't an electronics page in tomorrow's new Target weekly ad.

Don't ask me how I know.  Just assume that I have the power to see into the future.

another reason why they tell ppl dont need to wear masks is because they isnt enough masks out there and they dont want ppl to buy them all up. hospitals and medical centers need them badly. but the smart thing is to wear a mask when you go out if u have to. u get less chance of getting it than not wearing it. i hope ppl stay safe and wear protection. dont go out if u dont have to.

Just because it’s already on sale doesn’t mean you can’t price match. And there’s a list of target competitors on google just show em that. Some employees are afraid to make mistakes

Love how Target completely removes last of us 2 collectors editions, nioh 2 special editions, and yakuza remastered collections from their site..smh

my target clearance is now entirely phone accessories, The first time I went I found great titles and have never found anything good in the months since then. 

Got Project X Zone 2 for the 3DS for $9.98. The game rang up as zero dollars, so I bet the game was meant to be sold a long time ago.

One of my not so local store has 20+ copies of a single Wii game that I've been waiting for a B2G1 or for them to clearance out so I can get it but nope, sales come and go and it's still full price.

Went on a grocery run and found several copies of COD: Infinite Warfare on clearance for $20 though you can find the same game elsewhere for cheaper. Also found screen protector and stylus pack for the 3DS for $5.

Found a neca deadpool figure. It was on a end cap with other figures. Did a price check and said it was $35. It looks nice and detailed. How is Neca vs like diamond gallery and the stuff carried at gamestop?

Also found a My Arcade 20 games with pacman, splatterhouse, etc. For $30. Anyone know about this item? How is this vs neogeo mini?

A select number of organic chocolate bars are on clearance 30% or more and if you have the chocolate bar coupons on Target Circle you might be able to combine them. I haven't tried it.

A select number of organic chocolate bars are on clearance 30% or more and if you have the chocolate bar coupons on Target Circle you might be able to combine them. I haven't tried it.
organic chocolate sounds good. ill sit this one out, still too dangerous out there. Thank you.

My area isn't a hot zone by any means, we only have 14 verified cases of Covid 19, and I still got sick. I'm #15. And, about 6 of the people to get it in my town have died so far.

Geez...get well soon, Zantra.
I've been sick about a month and a half so far. It's stayed in my system for a really long time, and I have good days and bad days. They won't let me go to the hospital unless I spike a fever of 110 or more. My highest fever was 104.6, three weeks ago. So, I'm hoping to be better soon.

I've been sick about a month and a half so far. It's stayed in my system for a really long time, and I have good days and bad days. They won't let me go to the hospital unless I spike a fever of 110 or more. My highest fever was 104.6, three weeks ago. So, I'm hoping to be better soon.
I thought anything above 102F is "get to a hospital ASAP". 110F is unheard of to me.

bread's done
Back