Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Nope. It's just a stack of mixed item clearance items on one or two end caps in most stores but in some of the stores clearance items like games, headsets and accessories get kept on the racks and shelves but now with a clearance tag.

:ps4:
Just Cause 4 207-34-1967 $39.99 -> $19.99
Apex Legends: Lifeline 207-34-3115 $19.99 -> $13.98

:xb1:
Just Cause 4 207-32-1967 $39.99 -> $19.99
Apex Legends: Lifeline 207-32-3115 $19.99 -> $13.98

Lots of Amy's/Archer Farms/Simply Balanced/Sweet Earth pizza at 50% off.

Also saw a Starscream Movie Masterpiece edition figure at 50% off, which would be more impressive if it looked like a cool robot, and not the bleached skeleton of a really stupid looking dinosaur.

:ps4:
Just Cause 4 207-34-1967 $39.99 -> $19.99
Apex Legends: Lifeline 207-34-3115 $19.99 -> $13.98

:xb1:
Just Cause 4 207-32-1967 $39.99 -> $19.99
Apex Legends: Lifeline 207-32-3115 $19.99 -> $13.98

Lots of Amy's/Archer Farms/Simply Balanced/Sweet Earth pizza at 50% off.

Also saw a Starscream Movie Masterpiece edition figure at 50% off, which would be more impressive if it looked like a cool robot, and not the bleached skeleton of a really stupid looking dinosaur.
I just picked up Just Cause 4 at Best Buy for $9.99.

My Target has a Pac-Man Countercade, but I want it for under $100, waiting to see if it drops some more.

Seems like Target clearance deals have been pretty hit or miss for awhile now. My local store still has a clearance section, but rarely do I see games for less than $19.99 anymore.

I just picked up Just Cause 4 at Best Buy for $9.99.

My Target has a Pac-Man Countercade, but I want it for under $100, waiting to see if it drops some more.

Seems like Target clearance deals have been pretty hit or miss for awhile now. My local store still has a clearance section, but rarely do I see games for less than $19.99 anymore.
That's to be expected as the physical media "premium" starts to factor in, making discs more and more a niche category for collectors and players who are willing to shell out more to actually own their copy.

I fully expect we'll see slower and possibly minimal to no price drops next generation on physical releases as print runs tighten, and more and more consumers are steered by publishers to digital downloads/transactions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Countercade was still $140 here, bleh.

Did see Top Gun board game, some rando party game, and a tile-laying Jurassic Park meeple game for $7.49 each. Seems like there might be a new round of games coming in and leaving. They had fully stocked up on Gloomhaven: JotL, Villainous, and added Azul to their shelves at our store. Definitely feeling that pre-BF vibe happening so I'd keep an eye out, especially next week for their "Amazon sucks day". :lol:

Countercade was still $140 here, bleh.
its coming, The Galaga's have already dropped down to $60, aka 70% clearance price point, Brickseek

Soon the Pacman's will as well, specially since for some reason, my Targets at least, have moved all arcade1up cabs to the "back", leaving empty clearance spots on the shelf. Brickseek

ahhh didn't even think to consider that, thank you sir, will do!
Just keep in mind the Nintendo Switch power bank don't come with a charger for it. The Nintendo switch one is just this one https://smile.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-20100mAh-Portable-Delivery/dp/B071WNWRNC/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=anker+power+delivery+power+bank&qid=1602471930&sprefix=anker+power+deli&sr=8-5 without the charger and it says switch on the case instead of Anker. It is 30 watts. It fast charges my phone and switch while I play it. If you get one that is lower watts it could possibly charge the switch but way slower and battery could still drain while playing.

I saw several gaming headsets on clearance at my Target (pictures attached).  Most of them are advertised for XBox One, but I don't see why they wouldn't work for PS4/PC?

Anyone know if these headsets are worth it at the clearance price?

[attachment=34750:pXL_20201013_141929943.jpg]

[attachment=34751:pXL_20201013_141856020.jpg]

[attachment=34752:pXL_20201013_141924405.jpg]

Just keep in mind the Nintendo Switch power bank don't come with a charger for it. The Nintendo switch one is just this one https://smile.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-20100mAh-Portable-Delivery/dp/B071WNWRNC/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=anker+power+delivery+power+bank&qid=1602471930&sprefix=anker+power+deli&sr=8-5 without the charger and it says switch on the case instead of Anker. It is 30 watts. It fast charges my phone and switch while I play it. If you get one that is lower watts it could possibly charge the switch but way slower and battery could still drain while playing.
d'oh, good to know, however it may be too late for me, since I already bought it. double d'oh!!

question: how do you charge it then? Pictures seem to indicate via usb-c? So will my Pixel 3a charger work for it or what do you recommend?

d'oh, good to know, however it may be too late for me, since I already bought it. double d'oh!!

question: how do you charge it then? Pictures seem to indicate via usb-c? So will my Pixel 3a charger work for it or what do you recommend?
As it is marketed for the Nintendo Switch I was under the impression that you could use the console's power adapter to charge it.

As it is marketed for the Nintendo Switch I was under the impression that you could use the console's power adapter to charge it.
Honestly, I wouldn't use the Switch charger for anything other than the Switch. It doesn't conform to USB-C standards. It'd be safer to use a USB-C charger, or safest with a 5V 2A charger. The latter would be the slowest though.

The direction recommend using the switch charger. It comes with usb c cable so just need the plug. I’ve used my iPad charger, switch charger and an Anker charger. All worked. 

Went to two Target locations looking for this to no avail. Still a great deal for an Xbox One controller. Hope someone can find this in stock...[attachment=34758:IMG_20201014_201906171.jpg]

Went to two Target locations looking for this to no avail. Still a great deal for an Xbox One controller. Hope someone can find this in stock..
I just bought 3 of these. I found them on BrickSeek. They had 4 and the employee said I could only buy 2. So I bought 2 and something didn't sound right or I have never heard of any store putting a limit (I get new hot items like PS5 but for a clearance item?) I went to look for a manger and I politely asked if there was some rule on these controllers and she told me no. She called back to the back and told the employee to let me purchase them. When I get back to the electronics there were now only 3 and the employee was frazzled at me. I am assuming he hid one for himself or the fact I caught him in a lie.

Went to two Target locations looking for this to no avail. Still a great deal for an Xbox One controller. Hope someone can find this in stock...
attachicon.gif
IMG_20201014_201906171.jpg
Thank you sir, my ONLY xbox controller I have is on the fritz so this would be awesome!!

Incidentally are these xbox one S controllers easily user servicable?

If I had to guess my xbox controller is somehow permanently LOCKED into the down position. You see, In the xbox gui, the controller jus scrolls down lightning fast to the bottom of the page and I can't do anything including powering it off UNLESS i use my equally as lightning fast reflexes to do so. i.e. i'll press and hold pwr and instantly press left and X to shut off controller or xbox if i'm lucky.

The weird thing about it all that really drives me NUTSO is that If launch Netflix thru a similar painstalkin process, the controller works 100% fine in the Netflix gui.

WHAT GIVES?

I just bought 3 of these. I found them on BrickSeek. They had 4 and the employee said I could only buy 2. So I bought 2 and something didn't sound right or I have never heard of any store putting a limit (I get new hot items like PS5 but for a clearance item?) I went to look for a manger and I politely asked if there was some rule on these controllers and she told me no. She called back to the back and told the employee to let me purchase them. When I get back to the electronics there were now only 3 and the employee was frazzled at me. I am assuming he hid one for himself or the fact I caught him in a lie.
One of the Targets in my area limits the amount you can purchase of clearance items. The manager in the section stated they do it to discourage resellers.

There were 3 at my local Target. I picked up 2. Anxious to replace my Xbox 360 controller on my PC and the 2 USB slots that I needed to use it. (1 for the charging cable, another for the wireless receiver.)
If you’re using a wireless receiver does that mean your PC does not have Bluetooth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the Targets in my area limits the amount you can purchase of clearance items. The manager in the section stated they do it to discourage resellers.
On items that weren't selling so they were put on clearance... a little bit ironic there. On hot stuff like the new generation of consoles I can understand a limit to dissuade scalpers.... but for clearance items I'm just not convinced the logic makes any sense or why they should even care. Plus if you are telling me that someone can buy something on clearance at your store and then resell it for a profit that is actually worthwhile then it seems to me that they are doing a better job of selling it than you...... sooooooo maybe you should look to your own shortcomings instead.

If you’re using a wireless receiver does that mean your PC does not have Bluetooth?

Yeah, my system board didn't have Bluetooth, so I used the Xbox 360 controller adapter for my old 360 controller.

I ended up picking up a Bluetooth adapter for the system today though, since I'm going to be getting a bike trainer soon also and would need Bluetooth for that to sync.

Yeah, my system board didn't have Bluetooth, so I used the Xbox 360 controller adapter for my old 360 controller.

I ended up picking up a Bluetooth adapter for the system today though, since I'm going to be getting a bike trainer soon also and would need Bluetooth for that to sync.
The Xbox one controller also uses Bluetooth.

Thanks for posting the controllers found 3 at a Target in WNY. They were marked clearance but not in the clearance section, they were on an end cap with other controllers that were full price.

After 6 months, I finally step in to target. Found just cause 4 for $19.99, as others pointed out. Mostly books and movies at clearance section.

After 6 months, I finally step in to target. Found just cause 4 for $19.99, as others pointed out. Mostly books and movies at clearance section.
Haven't seen video games put on clearance in a real meaningful way there since January. What they are clearancing in Electronics right now is some headsets, various video game related collectibles, some of those flashback/retro consoles, some build your own computer/science kits (including all Raspberry Pi stuff), some Nintendo Switch accessories -- mostly a handful of cases but a couple of others like the Anker Powercore Nintendo Switch Power Banks and some charging stand for the system. That's all I can remember offhand. No particularly notable video game clearance right now, at least not that I've seen. There's an endcap filled with a bunch of orphaned games just sitting there collecting dust because they never get discounted -- and it's a similar story in like every Target I've been to. An Electronics associate told me recently that there are plans to revamp the department this month going into November so perhaps games will follow suit later.

edit: forgot that they put some Xbox wireless controllers on clearance as well

My Target hasn't had XBox controllers in stock for any amount of time since just before 'rona hit.  Definitely won't be clearancing any out haha.  Kudos to those finding some, though yes if I was an employee I'd probably try to get people to just buy one or two...leave them for somebody who might actually NEED a cheap controller.

though yes if I was an employee I'd probably try to get people to just buy one or two...leave them for somebody who might actually NEED a cheap controller.
maaaaaaan im' glad on acted on this one right away, most stores had these in stock, went in and got 3 of them, left 1 on shelf, since i'm not greedy. HOWEVER checked BS Friday night and they are all GONE< wiped out completely and now quite a few on craigs or FBM.

However I'm on cloud 9 cuz now finally the kiddos and I can play multiplayer games on xboneS. We've been going off 1 controller for the last 2 years...

quick pharmaceuticals pickup and seen these..

myCharge Razor Super Turbo 24000mAh Portable Charger - $39.99

VoltEdge TX70 Wireless Gaming Headset for PlayStation 4 - $17.99

Elgato Game Capture HD60 S - $89.99

Mophie Powerstation XXL 20000mAh Power Bank - $34.99

Anyone know if that WIRELESS gaming headset is any good?   Tempted for $18..

Picked up a Plantronics RIG 100HS PS4/PC wired headset for $7.49 at a nearby store yesterday. Figured it'll be nice to have while playing games at night and keeping the TV on mute. They were pretty much wiped out on Xbox One controllers and the tag for the blue controllers showed them still at full price.

bread's done
Back