Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Scoped out a few more stores and found some good stuff in the bins that I haven't seen mentioned yet:

$19.99 - Switch - Clubhouse Games

$19.99 - Switch - Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled

$19.99 - Switch - Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory

$19.99 - PS4 - Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled

$16.49 - PS4 - Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy

$ 9.99 - PS5 - Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

I don't have a PS5 yet but I couldn't pass up Star Wars at that price! I also grabbed a copy of Bioshock Collection for Switch.

Scoped out a few more stores and found some good stuff in the bins that I haven't seen mentioned yet:

$19.99 - Switch - Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled
$19.99 - Switch - Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory

$19.99 - PS4 - Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled
$16.49 - PS4 - Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy

$ 9.99 - PS5 - Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

I don't have a PS5 yet but I couldn't pass up Star Wars at that price! I also grabbed a copy of Bioshock Collection for Switch.
Hm weird. I ordered a few games from target through Shipt and Jedi fallen order showed up as $9.99 there. Oddworld ps5 for $24.99 so I wonder if these games ring up as those prices instore now

I went to a Target yesterday that had a about a dozen No Time To Die vinyl picture discs on clearance for $23- $25 and a couple copies of some Dababy on "clearance" as well.

No Time To Die - 012-17-8537

Dababy - 012-17-6967

Had a ton of games on an end cap still full price. Only standout was a random copy of Code Steam that rang up for $19.99 and Maneater for PS4 that rang up $14.99.

Last edited by a moderator:

Great price on that. It seems out of stock most places and brickseek now shows $19.99 as a standard price. I own the PS4 deluxe version though I'd buy the PS5 copy for $10 if I find it.

Great price on that. It seems out of stock most places and brickseek now shows $19.99 as a standard price. I own the PS4 deluxe version though I'd buy the PS5 copy for $10 if I find it.
Based on what has been posted here and some stuff I read on a reddit thread, it seems like Brickseek doesn't work 100% with target.

* It won't display things that don't have a Target website listing

* It won't display in store pricing, just web pricing.

So Brickseek for Target is essentially dead except for inventory? I know it showed inventory when I found a Switch OLED there, but everything was listed as 'Limited Stock'.

I saw them on a shelf when I went to Target yesterday, but I didn't bother scanning it because I was too exhausted from my booster shot. Maybe I'll go back today.

If anyone is considering purchasing Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 - The Official Video Game that is on the clearance list, the Xbox version is free to try out this weekend on Xbox Live (Games With Gold or Game Pass Ultimate required).

I went back today to buy it and Bioshock Collection for the Switch.  I'll return it if I find out that the game sucks during the trial period.

Edit: I tried Olympic Games, and it's actually pretty fun.  Most of the achievements are pretty easy to unlock too!

Been looking around a few stores and here are some additional Nintendo Switch games that are presumably part of the 50% off clearance -- for the super handy dandy link dump post:

:switch:

Assassin's Creed III - $20

Assassin's Creed Rebel Collection - $20

Bee Simulator - $20

Burnout Paradise - $15

Cobra Kai - $15

Cooking Mama: Cookstar - $20

Disney's Aladdin & Lion King - $10

FIFA 21 - $15

Geminose - $10

G.I Joe: Operation Blackout - $10

Jumanji - $10

Jump Force Deluxe - $20

Killer Queen Black - $10

Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory - $20

Little Nightmares II - $20

Minecraft Dungeons Hero Edition - $15

NBA 2K20 - $15

Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2 - $15

PixARK - $10

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 - $20

Race With Ryan - $10

The Sisters: Party of the Year - $10

Sonic Forces + Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD - $20
Sonic Mania + Team Sonic Racing - $20

South Park: The Fractured But Whole - $9

Spongebob Squarepants - $15

Star Wars Pinball - $10

Transformers Battlegrounds - $10

Trials Rising Gold Edition - $15

Zombieland - $15

From what I've observed not all stores have all of the games discounted though they will probably have the majority so there's a bit of YMMV.

Hell yeah, haven't cleaned up at target like this for years. Tracked down Cadence, Arise and Tokyo Mirage Sessions and just found Tsushima DC PS4 just hanging out on the shelf w no sticker for $17. Trade in my vanilla copy to knock off the price of the PS5 upgrade and that's a pretty sweet deal. Passed on a bunch of stuff that looked cool but I just didn't need in my life.

Hit the local Targets recently, managed to get quite a few Switch games:

:switch:

Astral Chain - $30

Burnout Paradise Remastered - $15

Cadence of Hyrule - $20

Dragon Quest XI S - $25

Fire Emblem Warriors - $30

Pretty good haul, though this was the course of over two weeks. Some Targets didn't put out the clearance bins until this week, I pulled half the games from the regular dumping ground they throw all the stuff that isn't in the cage. Also Brickseek has been completely useless for stock as of late so I had to manually visit the Targets as I went through the weeks.

I think vesperia was definitely in stores but I already had both switch and ps4 versions so I wasn't exactly looking.
It definitely was for Switch because I remember seeing it in the past. I did not see any copies in my recent excursions though.

I dont understand why people are calling these 50% off games clearance this is 50% retail they have in the system and once this promo ends prices going back up..  this is no clearance in the true sense

I dont understand why people are calling these 50% off games clearance this is 50% retail they have in the system and once this promo ends prices going back up.. this is no clearance in the true sense
Probably because a bunch of them are actually marked as clearance this time. All the ones I saw that are in the thread has their yellow clearance tags.

This topic would be very dead if it were solely about the clearances Target has been doing the past couple years
I agree, Target is slacking the last few years. They rarely do 90% off anymore, the most is 70%. And its not as often or as much product as years past.

I agree, Target is slacking the last few years. They rarely do 90% off anymore, the most is 70%. And its not as often or as much product as years past.
In other departments --- maybe --- but I've been shopping clearance there for years at a handful of different stores and I can't recall ever having seen 90% off on a video game, and judging by how rare it is to see someone mention it it seems like an anomaly more than anything. In my various experiences it has maxed out at 70% off for video games and then they subsequently have gotten pulled for salvage after that.

I dont understand why people are calling these 50% off games clearance this is 50% retail they have in the system and once this promo ends prices going back up.. this is no clearance in the true sense
Well it's largely games that no longer have a spot on the sales floor planogram and are discontinued and it does facilitate clearing out what remaining stock there is so.... that's good enough to call it clearance for me, even if it isn't some super high % discount.

Well it's largely games that no longer have a spot on the sales floor planogram and are discontinued and it does facilitate clearing out what remaining stock there is so.... that's good enough to call it clearance for me, even if it isn't some super high % discount.
The major issue with my local target is after their redesign and new planogram, 90% of their games are in the backroom. That isn't an exaggeration... when you go there the shelves are empty, yet search online and you can find plenty available for store pick up. I brought it up to one of their admins and was just told that most games don't have a floor location for them so they don't bother putting them out.

In the past they used to be on a random generic end cap in electronics, most of shovelware yet could have random gems.

The major issue with my local target is after their redesign and new planogram, 90% of their games are in the backroom. That isn't an exaggeration... when you go there the shelves are empty, yet search online and you can find plenty available for store pick up. I brought it up to one of their admins and was just told that most games don't have a floor location for them so they don't bother putting them out.

In the past they used to be on a random generic end cap in electronics, most of shovelware yet could have random gems.
Welcome to the state of physical media. It's only going to get worse, btw.

Good luck, man.

We all make life choices, and I'm glad that married folks can be happy with devoting so much of their lives to that lifestyle.

I'm not sure I could ever do that. I'd rather devote that time to professional and some personal pursuits.

I guess both of us still just don't have much time to game. :)
unfortunately luck was not with us, just got back from the memorial after being away for a week. We all knew it was coming and it was just a matter of time but still a loss is never easy. However instead of this being the start of a return to normalcy for me, I fear the devastating loss and dealing with it is goin to make me a permanent single daddy... BUT I DIGRESS, not the time or place.

Care to share on your professional and personal pursuits? I ask because in the midst of all this chaos I am burnin the midnight oil to try at a minimum to get in 30mins of proff/personal development. In my case, getting to PEN-TEster status, so trying to do 30mins of coding and 30mins of CCNA each and every day. Was going good actually until recent events and these last 3 weeks..

Back to video games tho...

Before my sudden departure I was able to start Ghost of Tsushima and man oh man what a game, 1hr in and I so hooked, fully put me back into the mind state of loving video games so much and I can't stop thinking about it!!

Also while I was in DFW for the memorial I "snuck" out for some good ol' fashioned clearance hunting at 3+ Targets. Scored A$$ Creed: Origins $8.99, and Shadow Of the Colossus $9.99, didn't ring up in system but since it still had the tag on it, the cashier gave it to me for the price. Target in Montgomery Plaza Ft. Worth, TX and there was 1 more copy left.

Got Dragon Ball Fighter Z and XenoVerse 2 :switch: for $8.99. Last week these were locked up in a case and rang up for $14.99 and they marked them down and put them in the bin

:ps4: Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut 207-34-0612 $59.99 -> $17.99 (upgrading this to the PS5 version costs $10 because of...reasons)

Some other bargain bin 70% drops:

:xb1:
Assassin's Creed III $11.99
Hitman (Definitive Edition) $8.99
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection $5.99
For Honor: Marching Fire $5.99
The Division $5.99

One store is already packing up the Christmas department, so good luck with clearance cherry-picking.

All post holiday clearance is dead. Stores got wise and pack everything up for the next year rather than mark things down.

Drove an hour out of my way to a Target that said they had Cadence of Hyrule in stock and they were nowhere to be found :/

Asked an employee and their locator said they had FIVE on the floor and nowhere to be found. More than likely in the back somewhere.

Did a store order for it and a shipped order and hopefully I can just get them, return, and rebuy. Any idea how long this "sale" is going on for?

:ps4: Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut 207-34-0612 $59.99 -> $17.99 (upgrading this to the PS5 version costs $10 because of...reasons)
Thanks for the heads up, my store also had Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut for the PlayStation 4 for $17.99! I haven't took the PS5 plunge yet, so I'll just be playing on my PS4.

Scored these tonight! The guy had to adjust the prices on Astral & Persona though as they rang up 29.99 The rest were all same prices as previously mentioned. Not sure why photos always post sideways on here, I even rotated it on my phone. [attachment=36523:20211224_001852.jpg]

Drove an hour out of my way to a Target that said they had Cadence of Hyrule in stock and they were nowhere to be found :/

Asked an employee and their locator said they had FIVE on the floor and nowhere to be found. More than likely in the back somewhere.

Did a store order for it and a shipped order and hopefully I can just get them, return, and rebuy. Any idea how long this "sale" is going on for?
Who can say for certain. Last year it started about the same time and ran until late January though if I recall correctly.

bread's done
Back