Target Clearance Thread XXIV

This is what "Jay" at Target's chat support had to say about the promo being discontinued so suddenly...

"Jay: I can see that you were not issued the correct 40% off coupon. The 40% off on the video games will expire on 19th of March. Please wait for a few days and we will send you the coupon again to your account. You will be resent the offer will a new expiry date as well."

LOL, it's the 18th now... Yeah, let me just wait a few days for it. I don't know...

Last edited by a moderator:
Had the offer and items in my cart deciding what to get and now today its gone completely. I was pretty sure it said it was good through 3/19.
I noticed earlier today that the 40% off tag was removed from product pages that were eligible before. Adding to cart still showed the discount though. I feared they were messing with the promo and rushed to place my order. Maybe they did end up killing it early :\

It's not showing the discount at all for me today for anything even though I added it to my account yesterday.  I was waiting to see how much the mechanic was going to charge me for car repairs before I bought anything, but I guess it's too late now.

So the whole thing is over early now? Glad I snuck one in at least this morning before it shit the bed and Target noticed their own incompetence yet again.

They'll figure their shit out some day, I believe in them!

I noticed earlier today that the 40% off tag was removed from product pages that were eligible before. Adding to cart still showed the discount though. I feared they were messing with the promo and rushed to place my order. Maybe they did end up killing it early :\
same I bit the bullet on a few games as I also noticed the tag was gone on the games, but still showed in the cart.

So did anyones orders actually ship? Mine hasn’t shipped yet but I bet it’ll start shipping right before my credit card bill due date as usual!

Heh, even if I had wanted to use my coupon, nothing I could justify. Target needs to start offering digital games IMO.
They do sell digital games, though limited to select titles at the moment. Several of the big Nintendo Switch games are offered digitally.

Sure, but in cases like this I'm typically making pre-orders rather than anything I need today. As for Switch, we finally decided to get rid of the dust bucket next time GS offers $270 for it again.

YMMV but my local store had all of the recently re-released Kirby amiibo on clearance (30% off):

$9.09 - Kirby Series Kirby amiibo (207-04-1484)

$9.09 - Kirby Series Meta Knight amiibo (207-04-1481)

$9.09 - Super Smash Bros Series King Dedede amiibo (207-04-1482)

Brickseek shows 'No results in my area' but my store had several of each character yesterday so it might be worth checking your local store(s).

YMMV but my local store had all of the recently re-released Kirby amiibo on clearance (30% off):

Brickseek shows 'No results in my area' but my store had several of each character yesterday so it might be worth checking your local store(s).
Saw the Kirby Amiibo today in store for $6 and some change

Tokyo ghostwire deluxe sold out now. Wish it worked on pre orders but then again not much to pre order since good games aren’t even up for pre order. Good for people who haven’t gotten elden ring though

Just for those who are interested. I know I’m not since it’s expensive and don’t really love it. Dying light 2 CE is part of it. Just order 3 and cancel 2 to get it for around 150 if it’s still available and if it’ll let u order 3 or just find something priced the same

what trick are people talking aboout?
Order 3 games that are the same price for example, 3 copies of elden ring that are $60 each. Place the order then immediately cancel two of them which gives u 33% off that one elden ring copy u didn’t cancel. 60 x 2 = 120. 120 divided by 3 = 40. So u get 40 for 1 elden ring before tax. U will get a pre authorization charge of 120 until that 1 copy that u kept ships or when u pick it up instore, u get charged $40

I don't understand why so many folks insist on this silly "cancel trick" as opposed to simply buying 3 different games, then returning the (2) they don't want to Target.  Okay, that takes a bit more work, but it avoids the problem with orders being cancelled, or later "banning" for doing it too often.

aww no nintendo stuff accidentally in this sale. I figured triangle wouldn't be in it though since it wasn't in the last one but it would have been nice to be wrong. 

I did get the controller offer but I don't really see the benefit for that even with the extra 5% with red card that makes a switch joy con set around 60 before tax.

I don't understand why so many folks insist on this silly "cancel trick" as opposed to simply buying 3 different games, then returning the (2) they don't want to Target. Okay, that takes a bit more work, but it avoids the problem with orders being cancelled, or later "banning" for doing it too often.
if you are worried about being banned then you should also worry about doing too many returns

if you are worried about being banned then you should also worry about doing too many returns
Especially if the only time you buy from Target is during these sales. It won’t take much for you to be returning more than you spend and end up being identified as an unprofitable customer.

Games that I got after a few cancellations

Elden Ring - PS4

Atelier Sophie 2 - PS4

Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town- PS4

Doom Slayers Collection - Switch

Death Gambit - Switch

Total was about $137 & Tax. Had bought Elden Ring for full price earlier & will be returning it

I don't understand why so many folks insist on this silly "cancel trick" as opposed to simply buying 3 different games, then returning the (2) they don't want to Target. Okay, that takes a bit more work, but it avoids the problem with orders being cancelled, or later "banning" for doing it too often.
Literally zero people have been banned for the trick. You also assume cars and time run on free air. :roll:

Was checking at my local store and, oddly enough, the DPCI #'s on Brickseek for these items seem to be different than those in-store. I've never seen that before.

Literally zero people have been banned for the trick. You also assume cars and time run on free air. :roll:
That's good! I thought I remember folks complaining about not being able to place orders after doing the cancelling -- I always assumed it was just easier to complete a normal order and return extra items, as opposed to trying to "take advantage" of a glitch. Cars/time, of course, depends upon whether or not people a normally within the vicinity of a Target store.

Is there any way to check in store clearance prices anymore for target with brickseek? It seems a month ago all stores show the msrp of an item even if it’s on clearance. 

Is there any way to check in store clearance prices anymore for target with brickseek? It seems a month ago all stores show the msrp of an item even if it’s on clearance.
Not that I am aware of unfortunately. It's been that way for months now.

Just Rune Factory 5 for me.

Btw, I’ve been really enjoying Elden Ring (52 hrs played so far). As someone who doesn’t normally play Souls games (I only put time into DS1), this has been great. If gameplay vids look good to you, it’s worth picking up in b2g1.

Not that I am aware of unfortunately. It's been that way for months now.
My local store did a refresh and clearanced a lot of products. A store nearby still says those same items now at msrp. I'm wondering if it's a general restock or not or just my store getting rid of some items last year during the re-mod.

Silk NextMilk whole or 2% MSRP $4.99 --> Price Match Walmart $4.38 --> 25% off on Target Circle $3.28 --> $2 off on Target Circle  $1.28 --> Ibotta $2 Rebate = .72 cent rebate

Bought this on a whim this morning. It's really yummy. It's basically a combination of oatmilk, coconut milk and soy milk which explains the absurd price.

If you're ever going to combine a price match with several coupons in order to get the maximum discount possible be sure to price match first before doing anything else including entering your phone number for circle. I tried this before but accidentally price matched after and the discounts didn't apply correctly.

Silk NextMilk whole or 2% MSRP $4.99 --> Price Match Walmart $4.38 --> 25% off on Target Circle $3.28 --> $2 off on Target Circle $1.28 --> Ibotta $2 Rebate = .72 cent rebate

Bought this on a whim this morning. It's really yummy. It's basically a combination of oatmilk, coconut milk and soy milk which explains the absurd price.
That shit is taking CAG to a whole new elite level. Kudos.

bread's done
Back