Target Clearance Thread XXIV

attachicon.gif
Xbox.pdfScreenshot attempt
Boom. Ready for pickup. Already have the halo box but ordered for a friend to pickup at their local store.

Nice! I got an order in for a Series X with 10% off Electronic item, $20 off, and 5% Redcard discount, $410 before tax. Just need the official Ready for Pickup. It's been an hour since I did the order, so not feeling too great that it'll come through.

* Boo, Target canceled my order due to no stock*

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! I got an order in for a Series X with 10% off Electronic item, $20 off, and 5% Redcard discount, $410 before tax. Just need the official Ready for Pickup. It's been an hour since I did the order, so not feeling too great that it'll come through.
Sweet. I bet you’ll be fine. My Target pickup orders seem to average 1-2 hours from order confirmation to ready for pick up.

* Boo, Target canceled my order due to no stock*
No stores within 50 miles of my location have one.

Possibility we see a B2G1 deal soon on video games? This is the time of year Target normally runs such a deal, correct?
Yeah, I would say they do it on average quarterly or so and it's been awhile since the last one so I think we are due soon.

Xbox 20th Anniversary was 1/2 off at my store. They're probably long gone along with the Play & Charge kits that are discontinued at Target for some reason. Couldn't find another store nearby that had either.

Yeah, I would say they do it on average quarterly or so and it's been awhile since the last one so I think we are due soon.
I dunno about quarterly but they do usually start sales around the holidays and end in March iirc. Best one was definitely the 45% off sale.

I got a circle offer today for 30% off video game accessories—it includes PlayStation controllers which had been excluded from recent offers for Switch/Xbox controllers

Krayzie beat me to it—sorry for the extra post!

30% off coupon does not apply to GOW Ragnarok controller(applies to all other dualsense)

I contacted chat & they applied it. $22.50 off is probably the best deal on it before it disappear 

Annoyed that target doesn’t sell Logitech g923 racing wheel. If the Logitech g29 was still on sale for $200 and the 30% stacked I would’ve bit

Btw is the camo dualsense exclusive to a retailer? I see the camo headset at target but none for controller

I dunno about quarterly but they do usually start sales around the holidays and end in March iirc. Best one was definitely the 45% off sale.
As far as I recall the last B2G1 free promo on video games was in June (I know because I placed an order then) so it's been like 4 months. And we've seen instances before where they run the promo and then repeat it only 2 months later as well, so I stand by my assessment.

On a side note: It seems like most if not all Targets ended up pulling and salvaging many video games that were not on the planogram. The store closest to me did away with the various loose games endcap/display entirely for example (where the games would largely just sit there collecting dust because they almost never were discounted). I've seen similar results at multiple other locations. Anyway, if there any kind of annual clearance on games like there has been in years past (typically December through January), then it looks like it may be slim pickings.

As a Switch owner, last year I found some good stuff like Diablo III: Eternal Collection, Astral Chain, Dragon Quest XI, Stardew Valley, Cadence of Hyrule, Bioshock Collection, Borderlands Legendary Collection, Little Nightmares, Clubhouse Games, etc..... but it seems like whatever would have made this year's round is now gone.

As far as I recall the last B2G1 free promo on video games was in June (I know because I placed an order then) so it's been like 4 months. And we've seen instances before where they run the promo and then repeat it only 2 months later as well, so I stand by my assessment.
Wouldn't your own comment mean that they aren't doing that quarterly since you said the last one was June and thus they skipped the entire last quarter?

Wouldn't your own comment mean that they aren't doing that quarterly since you said the last one was June and thus they skipped the entire last quarter?
I will say that even their targeted video game coupons are not as good this year as last. Last year in the drought between the June and I want to say November b2g1 sale I got 30% and a 40% coupons. This year the best I got was a 20% off.

I will say that even their targeted video game coupons are not as good this year as last. Last year in the drought between the June and I want to say November b2g1 sale I got 30% and a 40% coupons. This year the best I got was a 20% off.
I got a 40% off coupon earlier this year. Targeted coupons are super ymmv compared to the more common circle offers. Unless you stalk here and there you could possibly not find out about it.

Best thing is that early in they usually apply to pre-orders before they kill them so I got a number of titles for it. Trails from zero was the biggest surprise since it only applied to the switch version. Biggest thing was target fulfilled the order and got it to me at least a day after release If not on release while Amazon took a week or two for the ps4 version.

Well sometimes it has been more than 3 months, and at times it has also been less. Think of it as happening about 4 times per year, though that doesn't mean that it has to be every 3 months on the dot. That's why I specifically said "on average". Is this guaranteed? No. But I think it's likely given the track record.

Case in point, here you can see the B2G1 free promos from earlier this year:

(February): https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitchDeals/comments/sltwiu/target_us_buy_2_get_1_free_on_select_nintendo/

(April): https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitchDeals/comments/tv3of0/targetus_buy_two_get_one_free_sale/

(June): https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitchDeals/comments/vagrh2/targetusa_buy_2_get_1_free_sale/

^ So those were each about 2 months apart.

We are overdue and assuming they continue running the promo like in years past I would expect to see one by next month. Probably in the first two weeks of November would be my guess.

Aye tried last minute to get a target rep to apply 30% on gow ragnarok ps5 controller and they just refunded me 22.50 after placing the order. First rep who transferred me took so long to reply to each message. Dude must be tired lol

They had steel series arctis 3s on clearance when I went for $20.99 207 00 3924 they had 3 of them I was gonna grab 2 but, figured I’d let someone else grab some.

Ragnarok CE and controller pre order expected Nov 15 for me lol. Not surprised by target

Edit: Nov 10 for CE. Controller hasn’t shipped yet

Tracking updated to estimate of Nov 7 by fedex. Will target finally deliver before or on release date?

I’d be all over the Target sale usually, but after the GameStop trade in bonus this week, I have a ton of money to spend there.  

That plus spines on games sent by Target are getting damaged getting to me.  My OCD hates it.  

Why not just get the 33% off and exchange any damaged ones in store (assuming its not older titles not carried in store)?

Target has REALLY stepped up their board game collection, some just straight from distro of the publishers and they all typically qualify. That said I had so many kickstarters finally deliver this year I'm swamped and don't need more. But that new Star Wars Villainous might need to be a purchase. . .

Question is do you buy games now or wait the few weeks to get them even cheaper on BF
Target committed to price matching a month back so anything now is game until Christmas, and would likely work in your favor should you need to mix any deals.

Question is do you buy games now or wait the few weeks to get them even cheaper on BF
Varies game by game. Like some 1st party nintendo stuff should be on sale between now and jan at gamestop. But not everything will be cheaper. And since its gamestop you'll have better odds of getting something new vs "new".

Target committed to price matching a month back so anything now is game until Christmas, and would likely work in your favor should you need to mix any deals.
price matching doesn't work on bxgy deals though or other promos. Just straight up prices. So unless target has the same buy 1 get 1 free sale as gamestop matching won't do any good.

price matching doesn't work on bxgy deals though or other promos. Just straight up prices. So unless target has the same buy 1 get 1 free sale as gamestop matching won't do any good.
See this was what I thought because it is a promo no dice kinda makes me sad I haven’t seen any BF ads show up yet so I can see if the 33% off each is even worth it

See this was what I thought because it is a promo no dice kinda makes me sad I haven’t seen any BF ads show up yet so I can see if the 33% off each is even worth it
don't worry, Target will make your decision easy. They will raise everything to full price and the only thing worth getting, new releases, preorders and switch games will be excluded. best case scenario you can find 1 game and do the buy 3/cancel 2 trick to get it at a black friday price now.

Target has REALLY stepped up their board game collection, some just straight from distro of the publishers and they all typically qualify. That said I had so many kickstarters finally deliver this year I'm swamped and don't need more. But that new Star Wars Villainous might need to be a purchase. . .
asmodee has been pulling their inventory recently so hopefully they don't do that today/ tomorrow. if they don't there will be a lot of good deals when stacked with the 25% off toy coupon

don't worry, Target will make your decision easy. They will raise everything to full price and the only thing worth getting, new releases, preorders and switch games will be excluded. best case scenario you can find 1 game and do the buy 3/cancel 2 trick to get it at a black friday price now.
Those excluded games are quite often available at the starts of those promos.

This guy has been around the block at Target a few hundred times. :applause:

bread's done
Back