Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Preordered Cult of the Lamb Deluxe Edition (PS5) and The Legend of Heroes:Trails to Azure (PS4). Canceled one of the extra copies and got them for a little under $64. Pretty sweet deal.

So has anyone found a good combo of games? I remember being able to price match other sites to get the best deal. I take it GOW Ragnarok is not eligible. I used to get excited about this sale before Game Pass and PS+ Premium became a thing. Seems like it's only good for Switch games now. I will take a look at the games.

Was hoping for some b2g1 on newer first party Switch games.

Stray PS5 is now out of stock.

So has anyone found a good combo of games? I remember being able to price match other sites to get the best deal. I take it GOW Ragnarok is not eligible. I used to get excited about this sale before Game Pass and PS+ Premium became a thing. Seems like it's only good for Switch games now. I will take a look at the games.
Resident Evil 4, Elden Ring and a third title for the same price, maybe?

Was hoping for some b2g1 on newer first party Switch games.
They are almost always excluded. Though one time earlier this year they goofed and a lot of them slipped through the cracks. At least initially until they corrected it. Took them the better part of 24 hours though if I recall correctly.

One target near me has the sign for b2g1 and is almost picked clean. The other target that I hate cuz a stupid rude employee who hates his job “works” there doesn’t have any sign and most games are available probably cuz dudes not even around the electronics section most of the time lol

so wario tweeted earlier that trails from zero ps4 is eligible, but i can't find it on the site at all. add to that the ps4 sorting feature seems broken and i am having all kinds of trouble. anyone have a direct link to it?

so wario tweeted earlier that trails from zero ps4 is eligible, but i can't find it on the site at all. add to that the ps4 sorting feature seems broken and i am having all kinds of trouble. anyone have a direct link to it?
https://www.target.com/p/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-from-zero-playstation-4/-/A-86252097

Showing sold out now, but here's the link. If you weren't aware, the :switch: version is a newer, superior build. Still a great game regardless of platform, and required reading for my favorite game ever, next year's Trails to Azure.

Last edited by a moderator:
use the show sold out filter as target hides sold out items

ok, that must have been the problem, guess i saw his post too late, thanks

i had heard about the ps4 versions being worse but securing my switch from the kids long enough to play them would be difficult.

If it disappears from the search at Target.com then 9 outta 10 times it's sold out or unavailable.  You can still find those  listings as one of the top hits through a Google search. 

I'm surprised a plague tale Requiem PS5 is sold out. Thought about getting it but I'll either play it on game pass or wait until it's on ps+ catalog
Exactly that pisses me off. Bought 2 games and cancelled 4. Was gonna do plague tale eventually but it’s sold out now. Same with RE gold ps5. Any chances of them getting restocked during b2g1? I doubt it

Btw target redcard management been on maintenance the whole day now I’m finna see my balance tf target

Exactly that pisses me off. Bought 2 games and cancelled 4. Was gonna do plague tale eventually but it’s sold out now. Same with RE gold ps5. Any chances of them getting restocked during b2g1? I doubt it
They do restock some things sometimes so it's possible. It's also possible that the promo may run for a 2nd week.

Here's hoping when GoW releases this Wednesday it becomes part of the sale, even tho is highly unlikely.
GoW was eligible early on for targeted % off video game coupons but was eventually removed from the eligibility pool. Target likely won't add it back for a long time, similar to other top PS titles.

Usually sony and nintendo stuff is available at the start of the promo for a brief period of time. Shame that they were not this go around. 

I ordered RE4 remake but doubt I'll keep it. I see Target finally has digital games but they're excluded from the B2G1 sale AND full MSRP even when physical is sometimes on sale. I swear, retail is digging their own grave on media when digital has overtaken physical and they're unwilling to offer any sales, ever.

Preordered Cult of the Lamb Deluxe Edition (PS5) and The Legend of Heroes:Trails to Azure (PS4). Canceled one of the extra copies and got them for a little under $64. Pretty sweet deal.
Wow, I was interested in Cult until I saw it's twice the price for an artbook and sleeve (soundtracks, as if lol). Hoping it gets a Game Pass announcement soon, otherwise gonna get it on Xbox for probably 20% off like it was for Halloween during any BF sales.

I ordered RE4 remake but doubt I'll keep it. I see Target finally has digital games but they're excluded from the B2G1 sale AND full MSRP even when physical is sometimes on sale. I swear, retail is digging their own grave on media when digital has overtaken physical and they're unwilling to offer any sales, ever.
It's annoying but I assume the margins are much thinner on digital versions so it makes sense.

Which is fine, granted the publisher wants to run promotions like they do on digital storefronts. This tells me they're less willing to work together, and don't care about capturing sales from console/PC stores. The question is who's the holdup here?

And IIRC, publishers would complain that Sony (maybe MS too?) would tie their hands despite wanting to run sales on a game. It became a popularity contest of who got to be on sale or not, regardless of publisher desires. So I'm going to put this one squarely on them.

Man fedex done goofed again. Said my GOW ce supposed to arrive today 7pm est it’s now 5pm and it still ain’t out for delivery. Been stuck in transit for 3 days now 18 miles away from me

Which is fine, granted the publisher wants to run promotions like they do on digital storefronts. This tells me they're less willing to work together, and don't care about capturing sales from console/PC stores. The question is who's the holdup here?

And IIRC, publishers would complain that Sony (maybe MS too?) would tie their hands despite wanting to run sales on a game. It became a popularity contest of who got to be on sale or not, regardless of publisher desires. So I'm going to put this one squarely on them.
Digital always seems to be excluded from these sorts of promos, and not just from Target. I can only assume it stems from what the publishers and/or the platform holder will authorize. I think if it were more up to the retailers you would be seeing more discounts on things. I get that a lot of people like digital games for the convenience factor but it comes at a cost. It seems to me like it would give the publishers and platform holder more control over sales and pricing and potentially lead to less favorable deals for consumers if physical games were out of the picture. It's one of the pitfalls of an all-digital future. Yes, you are gaining convenience but at the same time also losing things like buying options (and perhaps better deals) and a certain amount of control over our purchased games as well. Personally I hope we never get to that point but it's looking like a distinct possibility down the road. And for their part I would think Nintendo would most likely be the last holdout for physical games in such a future. Now on the PC side of things, for all intents and purposes it already is and has been all-digital for years, but I think the difference there is that there are many more legitimate competing storefronts to buy games from and there isn't just one or even two essentially 'controlling' things (despite Steam's market share throughout the years). Plus there are things like bundle sites that have offered bundles of games on the cheap for years. There have been a few console-focused bundles too but those have been few and far between.

As far as the argument that "retail is digging their own grave" because you may be unhappy with the sales on video games-- I mean, not unless you are talking GameStop since they are singularly dependent on a particular market segment. Retailers like Target and Walmart could stop selling video games entirely and they would do just fine otherwise. Their profit margin on video games and consoles is likely pretty thin anyway. The only thing that they probably make any real profit on is stuff like peripherals/accessories.

I just got the Target Circle Bonus below that ends on 11/28, so with Black Friday coming, it shouldn't be too difficult to complete.

Make 4 qualifying purchases of $60 or more to earn a $20 reward in Target Circle earnings.

I just got the Target Circle Bonus below that ends on 11/28, so with Black Friday coming, it shouldn't be too difficult to complete.

Make 4 qualifying purchases of $60 or more to earn a $20 reward in Target Circle earnings.
You'd be surprised. I totally thought that I'd make 3 50$ purchases last month but only made 2.

Today (11/8) only - Buy 1 gaming gift card, get 1 15% off. Looks like it works on Xbox, but not PSN. Might get two cards for Somerville. Wish I knew that game’s price…

Weird PSN is listed on their app as being eligible.

Screenshot-20221108-094658-Target.jpg

I just checked the upc of the target listing and compared it to bestbuy’s steelbook upc and they’re the same. So most likely we’ll get the steelbook unless target messes up and ships the wrong one or somethin
I just got my copy delivered and it was indeed the steelbook

As far as the argument that "retail is digging their own grave" because you may be unhappy with the sales on video games-- I mean, not unless you are talking GameStop since they are singularly dependent on a particular market segment. Retailers like Target and Walmart could stop selling video games entirely and they would do just fine otherwise. Their profit margin on video games and consoles is likely pretty thin anyway. The only thing that they probably make any real profit on is stuff like peripherals/accessories.
Foot traffic is the bigger picture here, and if I'm not shopping a retailer in person or online, they're losing potential sales. Best Buy is a great example of a store that alienated their customers by casting gamers aside after years of building loyalty. They have easily lost hundreds, if not thousands of dollars from us over the past few years now. If they brought back their loyalty programs and sold digital at a discount, I'd jump ship from every other retailer offering electronics overnight to be a customer because they'd be offering something of value.

Right now, zero retailers are competing in the digital space so I'm shopping directly from MS. That's where retailers are digging their own grave, because I'm not shopping on their site and entertaining other deals to purchase. It doesn't take long for someone to accept that as the norm and stop shopping at a place altogether.

Foot traffic is the bigger picture here, and if I'm not shopping a retailer in person or online, they're losing potential sales. Best Buy is a great example of a store that alienated their customers by casting gamers aside after years of building loyalty. They have easily lost hundreds, if not thousands of dollars from us over the past few years now. If they brought back their loyalty programs and sold digital at a discount, I'd jump ship from every other retailer offering electronics overnight to be a customer because they'd be offering something of value.

Right now, zero retailers are competing in the digital space so I'm shopping directly from MS. That's where retailers are digging their own grave, because I'm not shopping on their site and entertaining other deals to purchase. It doesn't take long for someone to accept that as the norm and stop shopping at a place altogether.
Corie-Barry-2-1.jpg

Got a Target Circle offer for make two $45 purchases and get $10. Not great but I'm gonna make some purchases soon so I'll end up using it eventually.

bread's done
Back