Target Clearance Thread XXIV

25% off $40 is more than $5
yeah and red card. so its more like $28.50+tax.

think I will go Target route, and cancel my gamestop preorder. same with my $60 Zelda gamestop preorder, this is way too slick

also Hogwarts PS5 label was created today, woo and in preparing to ship phase. Today is a good day :D

---

Edit: wow ToTK and Metroid sold out preorders, that was quick! just barely got them in

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah and red card. so its more like $28.50+tax.

think I will go Target route, and cancel my gamestop preorder. same with my $60 Zelda gamestop preorder, this is way too slick

also Hogwarts PS5 label was created today, woo and in preparing to ship phase. Today is a good day :D

---

Edit: wow ToTK and Metroid sold out preorders, that was quick! just barely got them in
Wario64 posted this morning so no surprise.

I'm thinking Nintendo is going to remaster all 3 games in the Metroid Prime Trilogy and sell each for $40. Fans may have been in an uproar if they sold them for $60 each.
And then release the trilogy in 4K as a single release on the next console.

Have to gloat from my early morning score:

$76.89+tax for Metroid and Tears. Not bad.

Subtotal (2 items)
$109.98
Discounts
$15 Off Storewide
Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off Select Books
Movies And Games
Target Circle Earnings

didn’t use red card since I still had Target credit when it was 15% off over the holidays. WINNING

I'm thinking Nintendo is going to remaster all 3 games in the Metroid Prime Trilogy and sell each for $40. Fans may have been in an uproar if they sold them for $60 each.
This. I bet all 3 are done, but if they released all three together they'd only be able to charge $60/$70, but releasing them individually they will get $120.

The rumors (from the same people who said Prime 1 remaster was coming at the end of last year) are that Prime 2 and 3 (which are supposedly ready) just got basic remastering and not the full overhaul 1 got, so they might sell them separately for a lower price, or together for $40-60.

The rumors (from the same people who said Prime 1 remaster was coming at the end of last year) are that Prime 2 and 3 (which are supposedly ready) just got basic remastering and not the full overhaul 1 got, so they might sell them separately for a lower price, or together for $40-60.
I could see those as $20 eShop titles.

That would make sense. I hope they do the same treatment to 2. The third one they could probably just get the controls down and upscale it and release that one for $20 and I'd be fine with that.

Why would Nintendo not put the same care into the next 2 prime games?

Haha okay let’s first say that none of us know anything. Now then, if remastering the first went over budget or over schedule, it would be obvious to say, let’s not do that again.
+ Retro did the remastering for Prime 1 and they're also working on Prime 4.

i still regret not buying the maracas on the dreamcast and the virtua on twin stick
I paid a lot for the maracas in 2001 or 2002. I imagine they'd be really pricey now, but eBay seemed okay price-wise on two posting I clicked on just now.

Of course it happens while I'm sleeping and was too late by the time I saw it :wall:

Target was kind of weird though in that they didn't have any of these games listed at all before like some other retailers did, and who could know when they were going to appear.

I grabbed Zelda and Pikmin 4 this morning, and the discount applied to the more expensive of the two items, Zelda. I got ($34.99) off.

Later this evening, I did it again with Dead Space on PS5 $69.99 and the Patlabor complete Blu-ray set $58.99, and again the discount applied to the more expensive item (-$34.48)

Target manage redcard seems to always be on maintenance lately at least for me whenever there’s a b2g1 or b1g1

I grabbed Zelda and Pikmin 4 this morning, and the discount applied to the more expensive of the two items, Zelda. I got ($34.99) off.

Later this evening, I did it again with Dead Space on PS5 $69.99 and the Patlabor complete Blu-ray set $58.99, and again the discount applied to the more expensive item (-$34.48)
Damn. Now that was the glitch to have.

Even on the final day, they added Celeste for PS4 and Switch.

The deal itself might not be as good as buy2get1 but in terms of the number of heavy hitters that got added during the sale, this sale really was one of the best Target has had in a while. Thanks for having the direct this week Nintendo. I’ve got preorders through August set at this point. Almost like the glory days of Best Buy gamers club unlocked 20% off.

The deal itself might not be as good as buy2get1 but in terms of the number of heavy hitters that got added during the sale, this sale really was one of the best Target has had in a while. Thanks for having the direct this week Nintendo. I’ve got preorders through August set at this point. Almost like the glory days of Best Buy gamers club unlocked 20% off.
Yeah, B2G1 essentially amounts to a 33% effective discount. This one is 25% overall. Still great It's the first one I've partaken in in a while

If you are in it for some preorders perhaps, but outside of stuff like the first-party titles that momentarily and mistakenly slipped through the cracks, the same games that are eligible now are likely to be again next time around in a few months if they go back to a B2G1 free. I picked up 3 titles last time for less than what they are now in the current promo.

If you are in it for some preorders perhaps, but outside of stuff like the first-party titles that momentarily and mistakenly slipped through the cracks, the same games that are eligible now are likely to be again next time around in a few months if they go back to a B2G1 free. I picked up 3 titles last time for less than what they are now in the current promo.
We'll see, but I think B2G1 is being replaced with B1GO 50% off. Retailers suffered massive losses over the last two quarters. They're all looking for ways to reduce discounts to boost margins.

If B2G1 comes back, it'll probably be just over BF. Those of us who've been tracking these sales at Target have already seen them come fewer and far between, and on fewer and fewer titles. It was inevitable that it would be replaced with a smaller discount.

Sadly, eventually, it'll go away altogether.

There was only one other time I can remember where they messed up exclusions to this degree. It was about a year and a half ago when I snagged Advance Wars and Metroid Dread with other first party titles in buy2get1.

I really thought that was the last time they were going to make the mistake but they didn’t disappoint this time around.

There was one other time over a decade ago before they had much of an online presence 2010-2011 where in store the buy2get1 ended up glitching as buy1get1. Those few hours that Sunday were glorious.

There was only one other time I can remember where they messed up exclusions to this degree. It was about a year and a half ago when I snagged Advance Wars and Metroid Dread with other first party titles in buy2get1.

I really thought that was the last time they were going to make the mistake but they didn’t disappoint this time around.

There was one other time over a decade ago before they had much of an online presence 2010-2011 where in store the buy2get1 ended up glitching as buy1get1. Those few hours that Sunday were glorious.
I believe they did multiple b2g1's last year. At least 3 before june I want to say. They also did the flat 30% off +5% circle +5% with red card offer on april 24th.

They mess up exclusions EVERY sale basically. Now what all that are exclusions that apply is random but it has happened every time in the last year + that I have been following this page.

checked my email and march 17th, february 6th both had b2g1, while april 24th and may 8th had the 30% +5% such deals.

Not adding in the additional circle and such promos like 10$ off 50 from august, or 15 off 65. The 10$ gift card with a 50$ video game purchase error ad. I did end up getting a 5$ card from them for the mistake.

Right, which is why I said “to this degree”
I think you meant more "that you could remember" as you'd be incorrect on to this degree given that it happens all the time. But anywho all the previous sales I mentioned applied to first party nintendo titles. Metroid dread, pokemon arceus, pokemon diamond, pokemon pearl, pokemon dp double pack etc... The exclusions are often broken at the very start of any sale they have. And it takes target a while to fix it. Sometimes a day sometimes the morning of sometimes an hour or two after the sale begins around 2 am. It also varies game by game/platform for multiplat titles like the trails series where this go around azure didn't apply to the sale.

Probably the only consistent games that have not been on sale were triangle strategy, final fantasy paradise whatever and octopath traveler off the top of my head.

I tried your 2nd example just now. What I see is 29.50 discount plus 5% from red card which is 4.98, for a total of 34.48. So in this case it is discounting the cheaper item.

Also with a 69.99 and 59.99 combo, it's 29.99 plus 5% off from redcard, $5, for a total of $34.99.

If you don't have red card, then maybe it was a glitch.

I think you meant more "that you could remember" as you'd be incorrect on to this degree given that it happens all the time. But anywho all the previous sales I mentioned applied to first party nintendo titles. Metroid dread, pokemon arceus, pokemon diamond, pokemon pearl, pokemon dp double pack etc... The exclusions are often broken at the very start of any sale they have. And it takes target a while to fix it. Sometimes a day sometimes the morning of sometimes an hour or two after the sale begins around 2 am. It also varies game by game/platform for multiplat titles like the trails series where this go around azure didn't apply to the sale.

Probably the only consistent games that have not been on sale were triangle strategy, final fantasy paradise whatever and octopath traveler off the top of my head.
You’re a peach, thanks for making sure to correct my own opinion.

I tried your 2nd example just now. What I see is 29.50 discount plus 5% from red card which is 4.98, for a total of 34.48. So in this case it is discounting the cheaper item.

Also with a 69.99 and 59.99 combo, it's 29.99 plus 5% off from redcard, $5, for a total of $34.99.

If you don't have red card, then maybe it was a glitch.
Oh, very good catch. It does calculate the red card discount that I didn't take that into account.

Ymmv 50% off clearance
Price listed are after discount

Mass Effect Legendary Edition PS4 $10

Ghostbusters PS4 $20

Demon Slayer PS4 $30

Lego Brawls PS4 $15

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

My discounted hogwarts was backordered but now arriving on the 18th. By the way anyone know if the app scanner shows clearance prices of games instore? Asked an employee if their scanner is the same as the app they said yeah

Got a targeted ("Just for You") Circle offer for 20% off videogames. Works for Dead Space Remake, even though the fine print says it excludes recent releases. 

Got that 20% off video games coupon as well but mediocre selection. Old Sony games seem to be on sale through different retailers like Nioh, returnal, spiderman, sackboy, uncharted, ratchet and clank, ghost of Tsushima. Hopefully some good games get added by feb 25

Picked up Resident Evil Village PS5 for 8.99
that’s a great find! My local targets don’t have any new console games except the most recent major titles. One piece, hogwarts, etc. otherwise the entire game section is empty. Same with groceries. They even put up signs saying “sorry we are out of food, we are working on it”

Target shipped my $30 Metroid Prime from the bogo 50%. Should arrive on 2/24 which is fast for Target.
I got this email as well. Just note Target has a history of saying they shipped something when in reality they just printed out the shipping label. I will not consider mine shipped until I see that UPS has the item in their tracking.

I got this email as well. Just note Target has a history of saying they shipped something when in reality they just printed out the shipping label. I will not consider mine shipped until I see that UPS has the item in their tracking.
GameStop just did this to me. Ordered on 2/13. Got a shipping email and tracking number 2/14. Didn’t actually move and get picked up until 2/17. I called GameStop customer service to ask why it didn’t move for days yet I had a tracking number. After being on hold for a little bit the system said “due to heavy call volume we are too busy to answer your call, please call back tomorrow” and it hung up on me.

Need some help guys. Got a $10 off $60 coupon which expires tomorrow. Should I use it on SF6 Deluxe ps5 or Star Wars deluxe ps5? I don’t think I’ll use it on FFXVI since I already pre ordered it at bestbuy

Also got the 20% off video games. No reason to use this after the bogo 50% (ie 25% off) from last week.
It's good on select preorders, including some that weren't available last week with the B1G150% (Switch versions of Disgaea 7 and Rhapsody for example).

My $28 dollar (BOG50% and 5% redcard) Metroid Prime Remastered copy shipped yesterday, wooo. Getting it this week
And then release the trilogy in 4K as a single release on the next console.

Have to gloat from my early morning score:

$76.89+tax for Metroid and Tears. Not bad.

Subtotal (2 items)
$109.98
Discounts
$15 Off Storewide
Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off Select Books
Movies And Games
Target Circle Earnings

didn’t use red card since I still had Target credit when it was 15% off over the holidays. WINNING
Same, should arrive on Friday.

bread's done
Back