Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Finally got myself a copy of Tactics Ogre for $14.39. Another target here had like 6 copies. I was gonna grav a few to flip to GS, but it's not no trade value there

My RE4 Remake PS5 copy is going out today I think, looks like will get it Saturday (fingers crossed)

$37.98+tax, Target is slaying the deal game if you get in at the right time :D

going off other REmakes, will likely be heavily discounted around BF if not sooner but will be good to get it day1 (or day 1+1) for such a price 

Last edited by a moderator:
My RE4 Remake PS5 copy is going out today I think, looks like will get it Saturday (fingers crossed)

$37.98+tax, Target is slaying the deal game if you get in at the right time :D

going off other REmakes, will likely be heavily discounted around BF if not sooner but will be good to get it day1 (or day 1+1) for such a price
This is the way…looks like my copy ($40.76 after tax) will be delivered on Friday!

My RE4 is never coming cause I dont play RE or any other horror like game even though I played RE5 and bloodbourn and other games with zombies,creatures, mutants etc

Do you have a source on this I can read about?
This isn't really surprising. Just look at the movie bluray/dvd section. I think most of us around these boards are following the trends enough to know that physical media is a contracting business thanks to digital sales and streaming services.

I agree with you there'll always be a need for physical copies when it comes to console gaming at least. While it's true console makers are pushing for an all-digital future, gamers are going to see soon enough what truly that kind of future is going to be. The issue for me is will digital games that I buy ever get delisted several console generations down the road and, more concerning, will each of the 3 console makers still be here a decade or two from now? If gamers truly believe that Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft will never bow out of the gaming business and always have servers that will allow you to download that digital game a decade or decades from now then buy your games digitally. I personally don't have kind of trust.

I am an old-school gamer who want the full content of a game to be on the disk or cartridge I bought that I am really bothered by this trend that before you can play a game, a portion of the game or updates have to be downloaded in order for it to run. It has me concerned about how many of my physical games from the PS4 and Xbox One onwards can be truly playable far into the future if it's not already loaded onto my consoles.
FWIW the only ones that wouldn't run at all without being able to download something are the ones that only come with part of the game on the disc.

My RE4 is never coming cause I dont play RE or any other horror like game even though I played RE5 and bloodbourn and other games with zombies,creatures, mutants etc
the-cable-guy-comedy.gif

luckily mine is arriving today, originally showed Saturday

Hoping they put some 75" TVs on clearance soon like the $1100 LGs a couple weeks back. Picked up two of those for the gaming den and wow: the B2's are really fucking nice. Been playing Diablo IV coop side by side and it's crazy what OLED brings to the table now that they're finally affordable.

Hoping they put some 75" TVs on clearance soon like the $1100 LGs a couple weeks back. Picked up two of those for the gaming den and wow: the B2's are really fucking nice. Been playing Diablo IV coop side by side and it's crazy what OLED brings to the table now that they're finally affordable.
Damn, would love to get a 75 at that price but couldn't even fit that in my SUV lol neither a 65

Damn, would love to get a 75 at that price but couldn't even fit that in my SUV lol neither a 65
I had to drive clown car style with the seat to the limit to get them both in the back, but it was worth it lol. Anything bigger will need to be delivered heh.

My town and country fit a 85" Sony, also fits 8x4 drywall very underrated vechicles specially with stow n go.

Personally, I like checking for which PS4 copies come with free PS5 digital upgrades. If the PS5 upgrade is free, I opt for the PS4 copy. That way I get both versions of the game, like others do when purchasing the digital version of the game.

Was hoping the sale price on forspoken would be active and eligible for the b1g1, but it's back to full price. Grabbed strangers or paradise. Not much else that's interesting to me.

I was online when it went live and literally no Switch preorders counted this time.  Did get some indie PS5 preorders in though.

I was online when it went live and literally no Switch preorders counted this time. Did get some indie PS5 preorders in though.
What have been some good indie PS4/PS5 preorders available in this promotion?

Also, if anyone else wants to share what they’ve found so far, please feel free. I’m always up for hearing about some hidden gems I might have overlooked. I’ve ordered Octopath Traveler 2 and Signalis so far. Had hoped a few other physical edition indies would be out by now, but some seem to be delayed and don’t qualify for the discount (Prodeus, Asterigos, Dredge).

Most of the qualifying AAA fare I think will be cheaper during the holiday shopping season, so when these Target BOGO offers happen earlier in the year, I’m normally looking more for niche or indie stuff.

Also, if anyone else wants to share what they’ve found so far, please feel free. I’m always up for hearing about some hidden gems I might have overlooked. I’ve ordered Octopath Traveler 2 and Signalis so far. Had hoped a few other physical edition indies would be out by now, but some seem to be delayed and don’t qualify for the discount (Prodeus, Asterigos, Dredge).
Most of the qualifying AAA fare I think will be cheaper during the holiday shopping season, so when these Target BOGO offers happen earlier in the year, I’m normally looking more for niche or indie stuff.
Knight Witch.

Trails to Azure iirc was mentioned as qualifying. That just came out this month. If you already missed the considerably better preorder deals 50 isn't terrible. As it really depends on whether Nisa reprints or not if it will become scarce. Cold steel 1 & cs2 ps4 both had limited prints and went oop. Cs3 & cs4 had similar experience but got multiple reprints to the point that 3s launch edition was available for like 7.50 because of over saturation.

It's worth mentioning that Azure is 5th in a long running series legend of heroes trails series with story continuity and references every other arc.

Personally, I like checking for which PS4 copies come with free PS5 digital upgrades. If the PS5 upgrade is free, I opt for the PS4 copy. That way I get both versions of the game, like others do when purchasing the digital version of the game.
Was doing that too especially since I don't own a PS5 yet as I'm waiting for the Pro model to come out before buying but then I start thinking downloading the PS5 upgrade is going to take so much more drivespace than running it off the disk and the PS5 boxes look flashier on my shelf than the PS4 ones.

Trails to Azure iirc was mentioned as qualifying. That just came out this month. If you already missed the considerably better preorder deals 50 isn't terrible. As it really depends on whether Nisa reprints or not if it will become scarce. Cold steel 1 & cs2 ps4 both had limited prints and went oop. Cs3 & cs4 had similar experience but got multiple reprints to the point that 3s launch edition was available for like 7.50 because of over saturation.
It's worth mentioning that Azure is 5th in a long running series legend of heroes trails series with story continuity and references every other arc.
Good recommendation as well. If the first game from last year had been included in the BOGO, I would probably have considered it. But if I’m looking at it correctly, I believe only the second game is qualifying (the third game has a preorder listing but doesn’t qualify). I’ve not started this series but have only heard good things about it. Back in 2019, I picked up the first three games, but then blanked on the fourth game and missed out when Best Buy marked it down on clearance. Looking at eBay prices for it now, I really regret missing out.

If you (or anyone else) have played them, what type of time commitment would I be looking at to go through what’s been released so far? I think that’s sort of kept me from jumping in—just the thought of each one running 50-75 hours turns that into a multi-month affair. I normally tend towards completionist as well, which could tag that much more time for each one. I already carry a decent backlog (thanks, CAG), so when I have the chance to chew through more of it playing shorter stuff, I’ve lately tended to go that direction.

Good recommendation as well. If the first game from last year had been included in the BOGO, I would probably have considered it. But if I’m looking at it correctly, I believe only the second game is qualifying (the third game has a preorder listing but doesn’t qualify). I’ve not started this series but have only heard good things about it. Back in 2019, I picked up the first three games, but then blanked on the fourth game and missed out when Best Buy marked it down on clearance. Looking at eBay prices for it now, I really regret missing out.

If you (or anyone else) have played them, what type of time commitment would I be looking at to go through what’s been released so far? I think that’s sort of kept me from jumping in—just the thought of each one running 50-75 hours turns that into a multi-month affair. I normally tend towards completionist as well, which could tag that much more time for each one. I already carry a decent backlog (thanks, CAG), so when I have the chance to chew through more of it playing shorter stuff, I’ve lately tended to go that direction.
the time commitment at this point would overwhelm you. the third game you are talking about, trails into reverie, is actually the end of 2 story arcs in the legend of heroes games. i mean you could probably play it and enjoy it if you like the other games, but this is a deep deep dive to really know everything that is going on. these games go back to the psp days.

I was online when it went live and literally no Switch preorders counted this time. Did get some indie PS5 preorders in though.
Some Switch games that are released and were in previous sales don’t qualify this time. Omori, Baba is You, Slime Rancher, etc. Just loads of indies. If they are on another console, those qualify though. For me the sale is horrible this time.

the time commitment at this point would overwhelm you. the third game you are talking about, trails into reverie, is actually the end of 2 story arcs in the legend of heroes games. i mean you could probably play it and enjoy it if you like the other games, but this is a deep deep dive to really know everything that is going on. these games go back to the psp days.
Yeah, that’s what I was afraid of. I’ve heard the games are great, but there can definitely be too much of a good thing. Would have the same trepidation trying to go through any of the big RPG series at this point. Just have too much to play and not enough time.

Legends series is amazing. LOTS of time, especialy if want to "see" everything. Trail of Cold Steel 1-4 each game is about 70+ hours at least. I finished that and just popped in Azure and was shocked by the difference in style...I don't know that I am going to be able to make it through that and Zero...disappointing because I really enjoyed Trails of Cold Steel...and you really have to start at 1....

Not to get too in depth but Azure and Zero take place in the same world but different Area as Trails of Cold Steel

All the games take place in different countries at different times but otherwise the same continent. Zero and Azure run along the same time frame as cold steel 1 & 2. It's the only case where events are happening simultaneously in both and get referenced in cold steel. The reason being that zero and Azure were created years beforehand so zero only retroactively got cold steel references added in the recent port. I'm not sure if both versions have them though or if they are exclusive to the switch version console wise.

Legends series is amazing. LOTS of time, especialy if want to "see" everything. Trail of Cold Steel 1-4 each game is about 70+ hours at least. I finished that and just popped in Azure and was shocked by the difference in style...I don't know that I am going to be able to make it through that and Zero...disappointing because I really enjoyed Trails of Cold Steel...and you really have to start at 1....

Not to get too in depth but Azure and Zero take place in the same world but different Area as Trails of Cold Steel
When you say you were shocked by the change in style, what do you mean? Are you referring to gameplay? Graphics? Both? Neither?

Not gonna lie, I sorta wish they would also make a complete collection of each bundle of Trails games at some point in the future, sorta like Sega did with Yakuza 3-5 or what From did with the Dark Souls Trilogy. Being on the fence about when to get something that might be a niche title with a limited print run can be frustrating, especially when those CAG cheapo tendencies take over. Hard to know when’s the best time to bite.

When you say you were shocked by the change in style, what do you mean? Are you referring to gameplay? Graphics? Both? Neither?
Not gonna lie, I sorta wish they would also make a complete collection of each bundle of Trails games at some point in the future, sorta like Sega did with Yakuza 3-5 or what From did with the Dark Souls Trilogy. Being on the fence about when to get something that might be a niche title with a limited print run can be frustrating, especially when those CAG cheapo tendencies take over. Hard to know when’s the best time to bite.
Japan has a complete bundle, it’s very doubtful there will be a ntsc release for it. The Japanese release was sometime last year.

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/04/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-i-iv-trails-into-reverie-complete-box-for-ps4-launches-july-28-in-japan

Japan has a complete bundle, it’s very doubtful there will be a ntsc release for it. The Japanese release was sometime last year.https://www.gematsu.com/2022/04/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-i-iv-trails-into-reverie-complete-box-for-ps4-launches-july-28-in-japan
Now THAT would be a hell of a deal if Falcom brought that bundle to the West. Just ran the exchange rate on it, and it’s basically $115 for five games. Some of the singular Trails games go for crazy amounts on eBay right now, due to their apparent scarcity. Personally, I’d be okay if they bundled the Trails of Cold Steel games into one bundle, and the other Trails games into another. They’d make more money that way, and I could see them easily selling each in the $70-100 range. Of course, if it were to happen at all, they’d have to run their course selling the remaining singular reissues before considering a bundle repackage. And you’re probably right, we’ll likely never see anything like this, but man, one can hope.

Now THAT would be a hell of a deal if Falcom brought that bundle to the West. Just ran the exchange rate on it, and it’s basically $115 for five games. Some of the singular Trails games go for crazy amounts on eBay right now, due to their apparent scarcity. Personally, I’d be okay if they bundled the Trails of Cold Steel games into one bundle, and the other Trails games into another. They’d make more money that way, and I could see them easily selling each in the $70-100 range. Of course, if it were to happen at all, they’d have to run their course selling the remaining singular reissues before considering a bundle repackage. And you’re probably right, we’ll likely never see anything like this, but man, one can hope.
Yeah I gave up, I bought 1 & 2 at some stupid prices I don’t care to admit. The last entree should be coming out in July so I’ll probably get around to play those soon. I was gonna get azure and zero but, I figured they drop drastically in price at some point. I basically broke even with buying 1 & 2 I found someone selling them for cheaper then what I paid and resold them. Unfortunately NIS isn’t one to put out collections of games. What I do think may happen is a ps5 release of 1-4 which might be an easy way to buy in for some people if you’re into physical copies. Other then that I’d say we’re out of luck when it comes to a bundle of this game coming.

Nis isn't one to put out collections of ips they localize for other companies is I think what you mean there. Given we have the shitty 3 collections that they just put out semi recently. And I think Rhapsody is getting one?

I ordered 2 games from the b1g1 50% sale with my paypal balance.  I canceled one game.  A couple days ago they shipped my order and charged me for the one game but the money for the cancelled game is still not back in my balance.  Is this normal?  Does it just take a while for it to show up?

Knight Witch.
Hey, guessing you probably put an order in for Knight Witch already, but the Spring Sale on the PS Store currently has the digital version (both PS4/PS5 versions together) discounted 20% off ($15.99). Game looked good, and considering the discounted price for digital is lower than the 25% off for the physical version, thought it was worth mentioning. Combined with this week’s Dollar General deal on PSN credit (15% off), that could pull the effective price down to $13.59. I’m putting together a cart right now, and I’m pretty sure it’s gonna end up in there.

Anyway, food for thought!

I ordered 2 games from the b1g1 50% sale with my paypal balance. I canceled one game. A couple days ago they shipped my order and charged me for the one game but the money for the cancelled game is still not back in my balance. Is this normal? Does it just take a while for it to show up?
Paypal refunds can take a long time. Highly recommend folks get a Red Card. 5% and free shipping are pretty awesome cardholder perks.

I know this is continuing to take this thread off topic, but I've got well over 100+ in each game and while I am a completist I have missed a handful of things which tweaks to the new games have helped with (missed recipes for one). I'm working through 4 atm and am already well over 100+ hrs in and I think I'm nearing the end (just had the big conference with everrrrrryyyyone) but I don't know. Just a lot to do and see and I'm really invested in the characters and story after investing close to 8yrs playing these games starting with the first game on the Vita. This really is a high water mark game series for me with a large cast of characters that I've really grown to love. anyway, my 2 cents. Returning you to the regularly scheduled joys and frustrations that is the Target shopping experience :)

bread's done
Back