Target Clearance Thread XXIV

How did you get Like and Dragon and FF Rebirth. I've checked multiple times and they've never been in the promo.
I had pre ordered those games with coupons(not b2g1) but then they got cancelled since my card expired. Target said to call them back and I can reorder whatever and they’d give me back my original discount of 35% on the whole cart. Only games I stacked 35% off with b2g1 were AC6, MGS collection and AC mirage

Xbox series x will have a circle offer sale on Nov 11th. Might be a nice discount if the 10% off video game item circle offer stacks up (that offer expires 11/18).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm.  Wonder what the Circle offer will be.  Currently have the 10% electronics, $10 off $60, and 5% birthday offer  that are stacking.  I have have a Discover card and it’s 5% back this quarter and a bonus 5% since I’m in the 1st year so my cashback is being doubled.  

I was leaning towards a PS5 but if this a good enough offer I should probably just get the Xbox. 

Hmmm. Wonder what the Circle offer will be. Currently have the 10% electronics, $10 off $60, and 5% birthday offer that are stacking. I have have a Discover card and it’s 5% back this quarter and a bonus 5% since I’m in the 1st year so my cashback is being doubled.

I was leaning towards a PS5 but if this a good enough offer I should probably just get the Xbox.
That discover card perk is nice. But you should get a Target red card. Free to sign up and 5% off all the time for Target purchases.

That discover card perk is nice. But you should get a Target red card. Free to sign up and 5% off all the time for Target purchases.
Have had one for years. But why use it this quarter if Discover is better? I have like 15 CCs. I always use the one that gives me the best cashback for a particular purchase.

Xbox series x will have a circle offer sale on Nov 11th. Might be a nice discount if the 10% off video game item circle offer stacks up (that offer expires 11/18).
Where did you get this from? The upcoming Target ad doesn't show anything about a sale / circle offer

Screenshot-20231110-084935-Target.jpg

I already own a Series X, but I just wanted to see what happens if you add one to cart with the 10% off Circle offer. The $50 off Series X is a separate one-day Circle offer. It appears to stack, but none of the Series X systems appear to be available for shipping on Target.com, only for in-store pickup.

But thanks for the reminder on the coupon. I'll be using my 10% off coupon on a game that doesn't qualify for the buy 2, get 1 free along with my $20 in Circle credit that I earned from making the four $60 purchases in the past month.

red dead redemption on ps4 is available for the buy 2 get 1 free now. i ordered it and will keep it sealed in case there is a black friday deal for it. though i doubt rockstar is feeling that generous. with the 10% off coupon and the buy 3 cancel 2 trick it was $30 with tax.

I already own a Series X, but I just wanted to see what happens if you add one to cart with the 10% off Circle offer. The $50 off Series X is a separate one-day Circle offer. It appears to stack, but none of the Series X systems appear to be available for shipping on Target.com, only for in-store pickup.

But thanks for the reminder on the coupon. I'll be using my 10% off coupon on a game that doesn't qualify for the buy 2, get 1 free along with my $20 in Circle credit that I earned from making the four $60 purchases in the past month.
The 10% coupon does not stack with the $50 off coupon for me. When both deals are active it just has the $50 off. When you remove the $50 off deal the 10% will kick in.

Although it shows both offers on the page for the Series X, when you go to checkout the 10% off electronics disappears.

The 10% coupon does not stack with the $50 off coupon for me. When both deals are active it just has the $50 off. When you remove the $50 off deal the 10% will kick in.
Although it shows both offers on the page for the Series X, when you go to checkout the 10% off electronics disappears.
I stand corrected. Admittedly, I didn't get all the way to the end of the process since I didn't want an errant charge for that kind of money put on my card for a Series X that I didn't need. Like I said, I already own one, but that's too bad for those who need one. Not a surprise though considering how retailers are trying to milk us for every penny that they can get in 2023!

Here's a novel idea - maybe they could just use the 10% off coupon on something else? :whistle2:k

Yeah you can stack, but the 10% off electronics which had been working on it prior to today is not stacking on top of the $50 for me.
10% not stacking for me either. I’m getting $427.99 with $50 off circle offer and 5% redcard. No taxes in OR. Still not pulling the trigger though.

10% not stacking for me either. I’m getting $427.99 with $50 off circle offer and 5% redcard. No taxes in OR. Still not pulling the trigger though.
With $10 off store wide, $50 off series x, birthday 5% and then 10% back from Discover it would come to $400 for me. But I just bought the ps5 slim, and since for $428 I got a system, Spider-Man 2, and extra controller that was a much better deal.

I know people love gamepass, but I picked up Scarlet nexus and tales or arise for $5 each from GameStop along with Yakuza like a Dragon for $10 from BB. Might pick up another Yakuza bundle digitally for a couple bucks and I have plenty to keep me busy for months.

10% off isn't stacking with $50 off for me.  Shows up on console page, but not in cart.  Terms say only (1) target circle offer works.  So it seems it's either $50 off or 10% off, not both

Final day of b2g1. Ordered Teardown Deluxe Edition, Rune Factory 3 Special, and Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life. I've been hoping Teardown would come to consoles as I don't game on pc much.

Also caved on MW3, mainly for zombies. $42 after 10% circle isn't too bad for MW2 dlc.

10% off isn't stacking with $50 off for me. Shows up on console page, but not in cart. Terms say only (1) target circle offer works. So it seems it's either $50 off or 10% off, not both
I think there are two 10% offers.

The 10% off one tech item doesn’t stack. At least not for me.

The 10% off purchase is stacking for me. I'm on the fence. Is this worth it for $385 (+tax)?
It's not about the price of the console itself anymore, with Xbox.

I think you need to decide if you're willing to commit to a Gamepass Ultimate membership. That's $17/month. Unless you finagle something. It's a continual commitment. Esp if you start all your saves from Gamepass games' access and then pause your membership; now you can't play anything. There's also not a whole lot you can do on Xbox through buying physical games, and offline play. Unless you were just going to buy a couple single-player games to own.

I think you need to decide if you're willing to commit to a Gamepass Ultimate membership. That's $17/month. Unless you finagle something. It's a continual commitment. There's not a whole lot you can do on Xbox through buying physical games, and offline play. Unless you were just going to buy a couple single-player games to own.
I already have an Xbox One X, as long as I can play all my Xbox One games on it I have a pretty good sized library. I realize these are stupid questions, but honestly I have been completely out of the loop for current gen stuff. I got burned out from the COVID shortages and put gaming on the back burner. Am I correct to assume that Series X is completely backwards compatible with ALL Xbox One games?

Am I correct to assume that Series X is completely backwards compatible with ALL Xbox One games?
Yep. That is the best part about Xbox is their Smart Delivery. You can play all of your old games. If you own a title then it gives you the best possible version, and it installs it (upgrades you) automatically.

They are leading the industry on that front at least.

There are no stupid questions. (and good luck with the blu-ray container boxes btw lol!)

I already have an Xbox One X, as long as I can play all my Xbox One games on it I have a pretty good sized library. I realize these are stupid questions, but honestly I have been completely out of the loop for current gen stuff. I got burned out from the COVID shortages and put gaming on the back burner. Am I correct to assume that Series X is completely backwards compatible with ALL Xbox One games?
It's compatible with all of the Xbox One games except the Kinect games. The Kinect only works on the original Xbox One models or the Xbox One Slims with a special adapter, but I don't think you'll miss any of the Kinect titles. I upgraded from an Xbox One Slim to a Series X, and it is a world of difference with the loading times. If you're not worried about investing the amount of money that they're asking, you won't be sorry.

I think you need to decide if you're willing to commit to a Gamepass Ultimate membership. That's $17/month. Unless you finagle something. It's a continual commitment.
Does the gold to ultimate conversion not work anymore? That made ultimate very affordable.

Yep. That is the best part about Xbox is their Smart Delivery. You can play all of your old games. If you own a title then it gives you the best possible version, and it installs it (upgrades you) automatically.

They are leading the industry on that front at least.

There are no stupid questions. (and good luck with the blu-ray container boxes btw lol!)
Thanks, lol. It's funny how many CAGs there are on the Blu-ray forums. My collection is going nuclear! I have been collecting physical media since the Border's book store days and rarely sell anything, especially games. :rofl:

It's compatible with all of the Xbox One games except the Kinect games. The Kinect only works on the original Xbox One models or the Xbox One Slims with a special adapter, but I don't think you'll miss any of the Kinect titles. I upgraded from an Xbox One Slim to a Series X, and it is a world of difference with the loading times. If you're not worried about investing the amount of money that they're asking, you won't be sorry.
Thanks! No, I don't have any Kinect games (and never will!) so that's perfect. I can sell my One X to offset some of the cost.

I think you need to decide if you're willing to commit to a Gamepass Ultimate membership. That's $17/month. Unless you finagle something. It's a continual commitment. Esp if you start all your saves from Gamepass games' access and then pause your membership; now you can't play anything. There's also not a whole lot you can do on Xbox through buying physical games, and offline play. Unless you were just going to buy a couple single-player games to own.
Anyone that is paying $17 a month for Gamepass is doing it wrong. Absolutely wrong.

Heck there is a post today for a 3 month code for under $27, less than $9 a month.

I ended up springing for the Xbox Series X + free $69.99 game. Can someone remind me how it works if I return/cancel the game? I know Target pro-rates the value of the game so I won’t get the full $70 for it, but I can’t seem to recall how the math works.

I ended up springing for the Xbox Series X + free $69.99 game. Can someone remind me how it works if I return/cancel the game? I know Target pro-rates the value of the game so I won’t get the full $70 for it, but I can’t seem to recall how the math works.
Pretty sure the game is marked as zero on your invoice so you can't return it unless you want to give it back for free.

I used my Circle balance and the 10% off tech or video games coupon to get the Xbox Play and Charge Kit for free.

I discovered that Target doesn't charge sales tax if you use your Circle balance to completely pay off the amount due in a transaction.

Target is slowly becoming my favorite retailer.

Pretty sure the game is marked as zero on your invoice so you can't return it unless you want to give it back for free.
Are you sure? I thought Target always pro-rates the item values because otherwise couldn’t you just cancel the Xbox and keep the game for free? And repeat over and over to get multiple free games?

stocked up on psn credit. had a circle offer of $30 with 3 orders of $80 or more so CAG math says i paid roughly $210 for $300 of psn credit. now to wait for balder's gate 3 to go on sale. hopefully they do the $15 gc with $50 purchase again soon so i can stock up on TP with all this target credit.

Are you sure? I thought Target always pro-rates the item values because otherwise couldn’t you just cancel the Xbox and keep the game for free? And repeat over and over to get multiple free games?
I would take a look at the final invoice. I thought the pro-rate was only for B2G1, but it also may be that the receipt will ring that you cannot return the game unless it's returned as a package (i.e., with the console).

bread's done
Back