Target Clearance - Uncharted 2: GOTY $5.98 In Store

[quote name='Alex121006']you know it's been a slow week on CAG, when this thread is still on page number 1[/QUOTE]

? Also, does anyone know if target suppose to or can price match there website my target says they dont/cant price match anymore after le holiday season.

I tried to price match this game last week at my target and the guy working the gaming section said they only price match their website if the item is in stock online, which it was not. I tried again yesterday and a different guy was working the electronics and he pm'd it no problem. Thanks OP

[quote name='TommyLove']Truly disappointed. My dual pack did had a expired super voucher and I called Sony and there's nothing they can do...[/QUOTE]

That's ridiculous. I bought the dual pack within the past month and the dual pack has not been around that long, anyway.

[quote name='Chuck Stank']This is going for $8 trade-in at Best Buy so it'd be $16 with the 100% plus another 10% if you are GCU.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. My store says limited copies available. If I can snag two to flip them it's worth a trip for me. Going to check before I head to work.

For anyone that doesn't already know, ALL packaged DLC vouchers have expiration dates, regardless of publisher.

If you buy a game for a backlog and it has a voucher code, REDEEM IT even if you don't play the game for years. In fact, be smart and check your games because some games have vouchers that are never mentioned on the front.

Update: Customer service was total ass. The gaming rep confirmed it was the same game, and they can price match the game at Customer Service. I showed the rep, and then she pulled out her iPad to confirm price. She then informs me that the item has to be in stock online for the price match. Whatever...I had to get an oil change anyways so it wasn't a complete waste of my time. Good luck getting this one...

[quote name='ShadowNYC']For anyone that doesn't already know, ALL packaged DLC vouchers have expiration dates, regardless of publisher.

If you buy a game for a backlog and it has a voucher code, REDEEM IT even if you don't play the game for years. In fact, be smart and check your games because some games have vouchers that are never mentioned on the front.[/QUOTE]

FALSE. Unless you mean some unspoken word, which is NOT a date. Which ones? I don't remember. But, I have seen voucher slips without dates on them.

[quote name='sadboy']Holy shiza. They need to start putting expiration dates on games with limited-time vouchers (on the box itself). My copy is still in my backlog.[/QUOTE]

So dumb question here - all of the "extra" DLC that comes with this version is on a voucher that is now expired? Does that mean that in essence, this is simply a vanilla copy of UC2? I have the regular version and was thinking of upgrading to this one but it sounds like I'll gain nothing, right?

29.99 at the Target in Brooklyn. Employee was actually playing the display playstation, so I had to wait for his guy to get killed before he would try ringing it up to see what the price was. He did not agree to price match, but on the plus side, he did not give me a punch in the teeth.

Guys, damn, this is stupid.
Target.com has had this price for weeks, maybe months and it's been reported here more than once.
It is NOT $5.98 in store but you can try to get a pm (since it's clearance, they will not pm if they notice).
GL

Here is a "code" from one of the copies
PRE6-9ABP-DKM6

never used, but probably expired

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ck76']My experience. They had a dozen or so Uncharted 2:GOTY and I asked if they match thier online prices. Clerk says they do and gets one out to take to service counter.

Service counter lady was...not nice. First she said she would check with her manager. He said yes. Then she said she would have to seethe price. I showed her it on my phone and she inspected it carefully. She then got someone to lend her a tablet to "verify" my online price. She saw exact same thing as was on my pphone. She then grimaced and said "this is the special edition though" to which I agreed and pointed out that was edition that was on sale. She seemed upset with me and then said "it is a red greatest hits, I can not match this" in a smug tone. I tried to explain that is just a marketing package and it is the exact same game. She said I did not know what I was talking about and flat out refused to match it.

I would have been cool if they just said they do not match their website, but the run around of basically doing everything to not price match left a bad taste in my mouth. YMMV on who ever works the service counter or manages the store.[/QUOTE]

Wait so the manager said yes and then the employee said no? Is that even possible? Did you have the manager come back over and tell her to do her job! :)

Actually the manager needs to do their job better. She was right. As far as how she handled it yea she could have done better. We dont match online prices anymore since the holidays are over. When it comes to clearance if its not that price in the store we dont match it either.

[quote name='Indiana']Wait so the manager said yes and then the employee said no? Is that even possible? Did you have the manager come back over and tell her to do her job! :)[/QUOTE]

He said it over a walkie and was indisposed else where in the store. I guess I could have made a scene and forced him to come over, but her whole attitude being snarky at me wore me down as it was evident she'd do everything to not price match. I am not a confrontational type person, and I had other errands I needed to run so just walked away.

[quote name='donut']Guys, damn, this is stupid.
Target.com has had this price for weeks, maybe months and it's been reported here more than once.
It is NOT $5.98 in store but you can try to get a pm (since it's clearance, they will not pm if they notice).
GL

Here is a "code" from one of the copies
PRE6-9ABP-DKM6

never used, but probably expired[/QUOTE]

I hate this way of thinking on CAG. NOT EVERYONE checks EVERY thread or reads CAG EVERYDAY. And CAG is always getting new members, so WHO CARES if it was reported months ago, as you can see, its NEW to many ppl!

It probably won't be possible to PM this at Target anymore, since their holiday PM thing is over and they won't PM their website. What kind of company won't PM their own website?

[quote name='Fukurou']It probably won't be possible to PM this at Target anymore, since their holiday PM thing is over and they won't PM their website. What kind of company won't PM their own website?[/QUOTE]
Target.

[quote name='Indiana']Wait so the manager said yes and then the employee said no? Is that even possible? Did you have the manager come back over and tell her to do her job! :)[/QUOTE]

Not only that, the upc of the black label and red greatest hits is frequently identical.

bread's done
Back