Target.com Video Game Event - $39.99 Mass Effect 3 (360), $29.99 Uncharted 3, more

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Over 300 games are on sale, although admittedly, they're mostly generic PC titles or Wii shovelware. There are a few specials which might be of interest:

:360: Mass Effect 3 - $39.99
:ps3: Uncharted 3 - $29.99

Other games that might be dealworthy to some were Bayonetta, Tony Hawk Shred, and Dragon Age Ultimate Edition for $15 each.

Here's a link to the rest of the video game event to judge for yourself - LINK

Darkness 2 (360) for $29.99 & Rayman Origins (PS3) for $19.99.

Those GH games are still overpriced, you would think they would super slash them to get rid of the stock, esp Aerosmith.

Thanks OP just got Rayman Origins PS3 for $20! Got them to PM in-store based on this.

Probably YMMV depending on the store though because the listing might be a mistake.

I went in and showed them the link above on my phone. Store clerk called over the manager, she looked it over and approved but said to send it up the chain and figure out if the online page was correct.

Game rang up at $29.99. Problems they had were (1) PM'ing to the online website, (2) List on the website page above at $59.99 doesn't match their in-store pricing. I was nice about it and mentioned that all the other games on sale specifically mentioned online only price, and that this one says "Store Price" and "not sold online."

Given all that, they approved it and I went home happy. They were very cool about it and the clerk even mentioned he would've read it exactly the same way I did.

Proof receipt
jl19ax.jpg

[quote name='Ithian']Thanks OP just got Rayman Origins PS3 for $20! Got them to PM in-store based on this.

Probably YMMV depending on the store though because the listing might be a mistake.

I went in and showed them the link above on my phone. Store clerk called over the manager, she looked it over and approved but said to send it up the chain and figure out if the online page was correct.

Game rang up at $29.99. Problems they had were (1) PM'ing to the online website, (2) List on the website page above at $59.99 doesn't match their in-store pricing. I was nice about it and mentioned that all the other games on sale specifically mentioned online only price, and that this one says "Store Price" and "not sold online."

Given all that, they approved it and I went home happy. They were very cool about it and the clerk even mentioned he would've read it exactly the same way I did.

Proof receipt
jl19ax.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You over paid for those Kleenex!!

[quote name='Ithian']Thanks OP just got Rayman Origins PS3 for $20! Got them to PM in-store based on this.

Proof receipt
jl19ax.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Yeah seriously thats some expensive kleenex!

[quote name='slppedyoursster']8% Sales tax and California is still broke. WOW.[/QUOTE]

Its closer to 10% in Alameda county.

Uncharted 3 has $29.99 for quite some time. Target needs to get their asses in gear with some better sales.

Proof receipt
jl19ax.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that entire receipt. Good to know I'm not the only one jerkin' it to Rayman Origins;)

[quote name='JP73']Thanks for that entire receipt. Good to know I'm not the only one jerkin' it to Rayman Origins;)[/QUOTE]

Bahaha! Well played, sir.

[quote name='JP73']Thanks for that entire receipt. Good to know I'm not the only one jerkin' it to Rayman Origins;)[/QUOTE]
:applause:

Heads up target.com is hell to order from I ordered the dmc collection a week before it came out and a month later they told me they weren't going to have it unitl the end of may and they let me cancel.

[quote name='Murderstorm']Heads up target.com is hell to order from I ordered the dmc collection a week before it came out and a month later they told me they weren't going to have it unitl the end of may and they let me cancel.[/QUOTE]

That does sound like you went through Hell.

[quote name='Ithian']Haha it was 4 boxes and I needed 'em. :drool:[/QUOTE]

fapfapfap?

Joking aside, Rayman for the Vita was one of the best purchases I have made for the system thus far.

[quote name='Murderstorm']Heads up target.com is hell to order from I ordered the dmc collection a week before it came out and a month later they told me they weren't going to have it unitl the end of may and they let me cancel.[/QUOTE]

Target.com is a horrible website. I've been waiting for the witcher 2 to be sent to me since it's release.

I preordered on 3/25 and the item was in stock... but I never received my item. Called numerous times and still cannot get a straight answer as to why the website says "in stock" but I can't get my item.

I did get one answer that was interesting.. I was told that the computer showed 10 witchers in stock BUT until 15 come in stock NO orders will ship... HUH?

I've had other issues with past orders as well.

[quote name='Techman16']Does anyone know how much DW: Gundam 3 was for the PS3?[/QUOTE]

you mean you're incapable of looking it up yourself??

To think that less than a month ago you could've bought Uncharted 3 for $10 in store after trading in any older games from PS1 on up for a $20 off coupon that worked on the sale price of $29.99.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']To think that less than a month ago you could've bought Uncharted 3 for $10 in store after trading in any older games from PS1 on up for a $20 off coupon that worked on the sale price of $29.99.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking. Not only that, Rayman was $10 AC, Darkness 2 LE (or SE can't remember) was $20 AC. Hope that deal comes back...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Techman16']Does anyone know how much DW: Gundam 3 was for the PS3?[/QUOTE]

On sale for $69.99 according to the link before the price changes to out of stock. Originally 94.49. :hot:

[quote name='KrisMKX']You over paid for those Kleenex!![/QUOTE]
:applause:I always stock up on Kleenex when Costco has the coupon for them

this deal sucks, the real deal was trade in 2 crappy games and get Uncharted 3 for $10

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaoPi']this deal sucks, the real dead was trade in 2 crappy games and get Uncharted 3 for $10[/QUOTE]
I pray they do that deal again later this year. It would be epic.

[quote name='slppedyoursster']8% Sales tax and California is still broke. WOW.[/QUOTE]

Chicago has 10% tax, Marion, IL (southern IL) has 9.5%, Fenton, MO has 8.425%, Arnold, MO has 9.2%.

does target do price adjustment like bestbuy? i bought darkness 2 for 40 17 days ago and now its 30. i opened the game, if i go with reciept will they refund 10? anyone know? thanks

[quote name='MSUHitman']Chicago has 10% tax, Marion, IL (southern IL) has 9.5%, Fenton, MO has 8.425%, Arnold, MO has 9.2%.[/QUOTE]

Austin TX is 8.25%, but we don't pay annual state taxes. I believe CA does in addition to having a high sales tax rate. Don't quite remember exactly how the state tax system worked, but I remember paying it at the same time as federal taxes when I lived in San Diego.

I really thought MA had it bad at 6.25% sales tax, but apparently that's nothing. If there's was a good deal on Rayman for Vita I may bite but if I didn't grab it when I had that sweetass coupon its gotta be like $15 for me to bite.

Rayman at 19.99 is tempting, but I'm sure it will be that price on Newegg soon, so I'll knock off some of my backlog before buying it.

[quote name='CaoPi']this deal sucks, the real deal was trade in 2 crappy games and get Uncharted 3 for $10[/QUOTE]

No, the _real_ deal was getting Uncharted 3, MLB 12, LBP2 and more for free after spending about 10 minutes a week posting silly comments on the PS Rewards site. But, much like the coupon deal, that deal too is very dead.

Not sure why these threads always devolve in to these deal measuring contests though. It'll be an incredible rarity to ever see Uncharted 3 for $10 again, so maybe this will be the price point for people that missed out on it or couldn't participate.

[quote name='JoshTX']Austin TX is 8.25%, but we don't pay annual state taxes. I believe CA does in addition to having a high sales tax rate. Don't quite remember exactly how the state tax system worked, but I remember paying it at the same time as federal taxes when I lived in San Diego.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Cali state income tax can get up to nearly 10% if you make a decent living. And "decent" being extremely relative, I believe it's every dollar over $49K or so income for single filers is taxed at 9.3%, and a bit under $100K for joint filers at the same rate. And $100K a year income here really isn't much given the cost of living.

[quote name='handsomepete']No, the _real_ deal was getting Uncharted 3, MLB 12, LBP2 and more for free after spending about 10 minutes a week posting silly comments on the PS Rewards site. But, much like the coupon deal, that deal too is very dead.

Not sure why these threads always devolve in to these deal measuring contests though. It'll be an incredible rarity to ever see Uncharted 3 for $10 again, so maybe this will be the price point for people that missed out on it or couldn't participate.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I remember the PS rewards too, LOL. As for the threads devolving into who got the best deal pissing contests, I know that's been a complaint previously and I'm not mentioning it in some sort of attempt to rub salt on someone's wound, rather I hate to hear on CAG that someone didn't get that better deal, lost out or it was sold out etc. Especially when that deal simply blew up and it seemed as if everyone on the site got in on it, if nothing else than to at least get AC:R, UC3, and one or two other spectacularly good deals post coupon that week. Perhaps we will see a bundled UC1-3 set/collection that will eventually go to $30 or less.

The Wii systems seem like a good deal for anyone without one.

$199.99 - Black Wii Console, Black Wii Remote™ Plus, Black Nunchuk, New Super Mario Bros. - Wii game pack, Super Mario Galaxy Official Soundtrack and Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword with Music CD.

$237.48 - Black Wii Console, Black Wii Remote™ Plus, Black Nunchuk, New Super Mario Bros.™ Wii game pack, Super Mario Galaxy Official Soundtrack,and Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board.

What is with so many lazy people on CAG?

Made my day...lmao :applause:

[quote name='Calipso']What is with so many lazy people on CAG?[/QUOTE]
I am not lazy. I saw it was $69.99 but I knew that was a mistake. I was asking if anyone saw the price of it before it sold out.

Awesome! I have been looking for the Rock Band 3 keyboard bundle everywhere, but could never find it for less than $80, Snatched up one for $40, great deal.

[quote name='CaoPi']this deal sucks, the real deal was trade in 2 crappy games and get Uncharted 3 for $10[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah man. Considering the six games I traded in didn't cost me a dime. It really worked out well for me. Picked up Rayman $10, NFS The Run (free), flipped Ace Combat and Sonic Generations. Great deal indeed!

bread's done
Back