Target - Free $100 gift card and Kinect Joy Ride w/4GB Kinect. 6/26-6/27

bobbyblane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
145 (100%)
Same as the Best Buy deal, but Target is also throwing in a free copy of Kinect Joy Ride. 299.99 for the 4GB system with Kinect sensor bar, Kinect Joy Ride, and a $100 Target gift card. This appears to be an unadvertised deal, as I did not see it in the weekly ad. They did have to do a system override because Joy Ride wasn't ringing up for free, but in the end I was out the door with everything for about $315.00. Free gift card is good through Monday 6/27, and the free Joy Ride is running through 7/2

Does anyone know if Target charges 300 for the xbox and gives the giftcard for free or do they charge 200 for the xbox and 100 for the giftcard because I have a pharmacy reward and redcard

[quote name='clawber']Does anyone know if Target charges 300 for the xbox and gives the giftcard for free or do they charge 200 for the xbox and 100 for the giftcard because I have a pharmacy reward and redcard[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like the PS3 gift card they did back then, they'll charge $200 for the xbox. though it might be lower if Joy Ride is factored in.

[quote name='Wario64']If it's anything like the PS3 gift card they did back then, they'll charge $200 for the xbox. though it might be lower if Joy Ride is factored in.[/QUOTE]

The way it rung up on my receipt was

Xbox - 299.99
GC - 100.00
Package Subtotal - 399.99
Giftcard Free - (100.00)
Package Total - 299.99

They had to do a "Store Coupon" to get Joy Ride to come in free. There were sale tags for both the game and GC though, so maybe the Joy Ride deal just hadn't been set up in the system yet.

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']There just has to be a price cut coming soon. This is too much.[/QUOTE]

did they do this many promotions near the prior price cuts? these offers do seem quite often

They are obviously coming with a price cut. If you are releasing a bundle in the fall with new hard drive that only means that something is going to get a cheaper price.

A $50 drop on all combinations of consoles and the standalone kinect would be awesome. I think that a lot more people would cop the kinect for $100.

[quote name='FurryCurry']They are obviously coming with a price cut. If you are releasing a bundle in the fall with new hard drive that only means that something is going to get a cheaper price.

A $50 drop on all combinations of consoles and the standalone kinect would be awesome. I think that a lot more people would cop the kinect for $100.[/QUOTE]

wonder what games will be in the fall bundle. has microsoft ever cut the price AND given a bigger hard drive? i heard a 320gb is coming, but it seems pointless because not many people use more than 250gb.

[quote name='Edge']Obligatory Kinect Joy Ride video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWbLOFGSEDo

But hey, free's free. Pretty crazy how cheap you can get these bundles now. The game itself is just the stand alone software that normally goes for $49.99?[/QUOTE]

hahah thats one of the funniest kinect related things i've ever seen. i cant believe he sat completely still for that long

[quote name='Edge']Obligatory Kinect Joy Ride video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWbLOFGSEDo

But hey, free's free. Pretty crazy how cheap you can get these bundles now. The game itself is just the stand alone software that normally goes for $49.99?[/QUOTE]

That is pretty damn funny. But, hey, it's a free game. I might bite on this deal then use the GC to get a 250 gb hdd and then sell the kinect (I already have one)......wait, that just means I'm getting Joyride for free. And, I'd have to go through the trouble of selling the extra kinect. Maybe not worth the effort after all.

[quote name='Edge']The game itself is just the stand alone software that normally goes for $49.99?[/QUOTE]

Joy Ride was originally going to be a 100% free game from Microsoft on XBLA. Then The Kinect rolled into place and they changed their mind saying they're revamping it for Kinect support.

Next thing you know a free game becomes a full $50 retail release because they think they can. Apparently they forgot to add anything to make it worth being more than free.

[quote name='Edge']Obligatory Kinect Joy Ride video:

Holy crap I laughed through that entire video! His face really makes it. :applause:

Reminds me of people doing "It's the End of the World as we Know It" on Karaoke Revolution; just a solid note the entire time. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh................

The free game is YMMV. Originally they were going to offer the free game all week with no GC. They changed it to offer the $100 GC for Sunday and Monday only with no game instead. Some stores may have put up both signs mistakenly but were told to discard the sign for the free Joy Ride. The registers will only ring up the free GC.

Just an FYI guys, not sure if this is YMMV but my Target is not giving the $100 gc with the bundle. They even rang it up and nothing happened.

Has anyone confirmed this yet?

[quote name='thanossurfer']Just an FYI guys, not sure if this is YMMV but my Target is not giving the $100 gc with the bundle. They even rang it up and nothing happened.

Has anyone confirmed this yet?[/QUOTE]

I asked my store about it on Saturday because the Joystiq story on it said the sale was Saturday and Sunday but it's really Sunday and Monday. Anyway, while the employees were trying to figure it out they ended up finding the Target memo telling them about the sale and when to take down the sale signs. Yes, the $100 promo gc is real.

Good to hear. I will just feel better when someone confirms it because I did not have any luck and I went today (Sunday).

I will try tomorrow and see what happens.

Out of curiosity Bobby, did you happen to get this at the Anaheim Hills (CA) store? My associate and I ran into this situation this morning and judging from the time you posted...

And Thanos, it's (really) weird that it didn't work for you. You're sure it was the 4gb Kinect Bundle, right? Because yes this is legit* (at least, the $100 GC off is) and it shouldn't be limited to certain locations.

*in the sense that it's an active offer and not a screw up

Last edited by a moderator:
I got one today. Went to the Newington, CT Target at about 5:40pm and they had signs up for the free Joy Ride. Got a 4gb Kinect Bundle and computer prompted $100GC but game did not zero out. LOD on duty reviewed sign, game and bundle and then zeroed out the game. Thanks op!

bread's done
Back