Target - Guild Wars: Eye of the North $9.99 YMMV

Pajama_Man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Guild Wars: Eye of the North $9.99

I month ago there were reports on the Target clearance thread of the expansion being cleared for $9.99 but the ones I found today at the PC section and didn't have any red tags (just the on shelf slip price tag) on them so it could be a temporary price drop. The Target where I found it had 3 copies on shelf (I bought one for myself). As always YMMV, but good luck to y'all

I feel good for not having to fork $39.99 when this first came out. :bouncy:

I remember when I scanned this, it was 19.99. Must remember which Target I scanned at and pick it up. Thanks for the post.

[quote name='Poor2More']I have a question. Which GuildWar Games are standalones and do not require the original Guildwars to play?[/quote]All GW titles - Prophecies, Nightfall, Factions - are standalones and can be played independently of each other, but Eye of the North MUST be played with one of those three titles.

Guild Wars (or, Guild Wars Prophecies, as it's called now), Guild Wars: Factions, and Guild wars: Nightfall are all standalone. This game would require any of the 3 standalone games.

Picked up three copies* in Dearborn, MI. It was tagged $9.99 on the shelf as if it was the normal price.

* For myself, my boss and his son. I'm not a Ferengi.

[quote name='CKaz']Hmm anyone see this at the western NY stores?
Online it's still $29.99[/quote]

Well, at my Target in Victor NY, it was $9.99.

ya, I am in CA and I got it at my local store in Newbury Park, CA. It was a price drop to $9.99 and I got the last copy. Thanks for the heads up, OP!

Picked it up at the Target in Waukesha, WI. There was a tag for it saying Price Cut, so I'd imagine this is universal. There were two left as of this morning

None of the Targets in my area have them in stock.

My wife loves GW and has finished every mission including bonus ones in Prophecy.

Anyone want to sell an extra copy, please PM me.

Are these marked as $9.99? A friend of mine went to Target yesterday and said they were still labeled as $29.99.

Or is my local store just not participating in this price drop?

I'd be interested in buying a copy if anyone happens to find extras.

[quote name='rohlfinator']Are these marked as $9.99? A friend of mine went to Target yesterday and said they were still labeled as $29.99.

Or is my local store just not participating in this price drop?

I'd be interested in buying a copy if anyone happens to find extras.[/quote]

Depends,

At the store I went to they had shelf tags on them for $9.99.

If I hadn't seen that I would have never did a double take on it... :lol:

[quote name='Dezuria']They are marked $39.99, but scan the box under a scanner and you'll see the real price.[/QUOTE]
Ah, thanks. I'll have to check again tomorrow.

why are these so cheap? id doubt a universal price drop. anyway my target had the sign up saying 9.99 but none were left. I may make a trip into town to check a couple others.

Just to confirm, this was ineffect at my target in College Station, TX.

It seemed more like a permanent price drop.

if i already have eye of the north and i pick up another copy and use the code, would get more character slots instead? right now extra character slots are 9.99 each, so getting a few for the same price would be pretty cool...

[quote name='darthjones']if i already have eye of the north and i pick up another copy and use the code, would get more character slots instead? right now extra character slots are 9.99 each, so getting a few for the same price would be pretty cool...[/QUOTE]
I don't think they'll let you activate codes for the same game twice, so I wouldn't expect that to work.

[quote name='darthjones']if i already have eye of the north and i pick up another copy and use the code, would get more character slots instead? right now extra character slots are 9.99 each, so getting a few for the same price would be pretty cool...[/QUOTE]

I don't think you get extra slots with Eye of the North since it is just an expansion.

[quote name='Guild War FAQs']Will I get extra character slots with the Platinum Edition?

...Eye of the North does not provide additional character slots.[/quote]

Eyes of the North doesn't add any character slots, it's just an expansion and not a chapter. Correct me if I'm wrong.

for those who haven picked it up yet. the sale ends tomorrow

wait this is a sale? i went to another target tonite and they had the 9.99 tag, but none left.
is this in an ad?

They had three copies in Massillon, Ohio's Target. I don't own any of the Guild Wars games though, so I don't really have a use for it. Might pick up Timeshift or Tabula Rasa for $12 though...I'm still thinking on it.

[quote name='SolidMetal']Anyone find it in the cincinnati ohio area?[/QUOTE]

I picked up the only one I could find at the Marburg Ave store. I saw 3 copies at the Dayton Mall store so I could always grab one when I'm up there (I commute up there regularly for work) if you don't have any luck finding a copy.

This expansion is great btw and for $9.99 its a steal and a must own if you are into PVE.

[quote name='Burchamj']for those who haven picked it up yet. the sale ends tomorrow

wait this is a sale? i went to another target tonite and they had the 9.99 tag, but none left.
is this in an ad?[/QUOTE]

I pretty sure its not a sale but a price drop. Target is doing one of two things; they are putting the title on clearance, or they screwed up when they meant to drop the price to $29.99 but entered it as $9.99. Someone from arenanet thought that it was likely the latter.

I got what appeared to be the last one in my local Target. Some sneak had hidden it behind two copies of Guild Wars: Nightfall.

There was no big sign or red sticker, the regular small rectangular price tag (that's in the plastic sheath attached to the shelf) was $9.99. In other words, this may be a permanent price drop.

[quote name='x_fiddle']I picked up the only one I could find at the Marburg Ave store. I saw 3 copies at the Dayton Mall store so I could always grab one when I'm up there (I commute up there regularly for work) if you don't have any luck finding a copy.

This expansion is great btw and for $9.99 its a steal and a must own if you are into PVE.[/quote]
My dad works in dayton he might be able to pick me up a copy. lol probably once all the snows gone its friggen crazy out here!

they had 5 copies at the target in Visalia, CA. I grabbed just one for myself, so anyone in the 559 area code, head there and get it cheap =)

bread's done
Back